• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I dunno...that laugh is pretty haunting...that and I shot him every chance I got for payback...
I can just picture Duck Hunt Dog laughing manically while he fights on the stage. He is laughing at your pain. Duck Hunt Dog could be portrayed as Villager's pet.

Duck Hunt Dog's dodges would just have him giggling... parodying the original Duck Hunt players trying to shoot the dog in vain... like the dog is mocking the players, almost like he is saying "you missed LOL"

:troll:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
As with Sheriff, I didn't see much going for him.

My roster is a no-cut roster, I have a good amount of Miscellaneous characters and 4 DK characters so it's not that bad.
Here's my roster btw.
Pretty solid. Unsure about Roy. I'd prioritize many other characters before him, but hey. Also dislike Wario's placement, but whatever.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
- "Sakurai picks the most iconic Pokemon" if pokemon does get a 5th rep it should be zoroark or genesect so they can represent the 5 generation pokemon, their no reason bring back lucario because we are not represent the 4 generation pokemon.

- You also go around saying that only the most recent Nintendo History matters to Sakurai (which is bull ****) UNLESS they are retro or unless they are veteran! why are you cussing..... but anyways sakurai said him self that his is build the roster from the wii/ds/3ds/wiiu (unless it's a retro character's)

- You say that Olimar didn't get replaced by Alph because Olimar is a veteran. it's true olimar it a veteran, but alph fell like he is a one time character, (isaac maybe was the starred of the 2 golden sun games on the gba, but his son matthew is the future of golden sun series)

- Then you turn around and say Ike & Lucario will get replaced regardless that they are veterans their a possible that ike will stay (unless sakurai give fire emblem 3 reps) but it should be lucina or chorm to represent the recent fire emblem awaking game. (plus 3ds also got a fire emblem awaking stage)
Oh, wow! This is...................silly?

Anyway let me correct you

if pokemon does get a 5th rep it should be zoroark or genesect so they can represent the 5 generation pokemon, their no reason bring back lucario because we are not represent the 4 generation pokemon.

No it wouldn't because Mewtwo is the hot Pokemon right now and is much more iconic, he also represents part of Gen 6 because of his Mega Evolution. Sakurai isn't going to pick a Pokemon JUST because it's new. There is EVERY reason to bring back Lucario. Why? He's one of the most iconic, had his own movie, severa anime appearances, he's more popular than Zoroark and Genesect combined, and he's constantly advertised by Pokemon even now, he even got a Mega Evolution.

Who are you to say we are not representing the 4th Generation? We aren't representing any generation specifically and never were. Sakurai stated himself that he picks whoever the hottest Pokemon currently are, and the hottest Pokemon are currently Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, The Gen 1 Starters, The Gen 1 Trainer, and arguably Jigglypuff. Genesect is a hot Pokemon, but he's not the hottest and even his movie features Mewtwo.

their a possible that ike will stay (unless sakurai give fire emblem 3 reps) but it should be lucina or chorm to represent the recent fire emblem awaking game. (plus 3ds also got a fire emblem awaking stage)

When will you learn that characters don't get replace others for being recent. That's NEVER happened. You keep acting like Ike being the most popular lord after Marth and having 2 games doesn't mean **** because "muh recency :psycho:" in which case you are being completely illogical. When has a character EVER been replaced because of recency? Last time I checked Ike & Roy were planned to be in Brawl TOGETHER and Roy didn't make it in because of time constraints NOT recency. Same for Mewtwo & Lucario. And Toon Link had deserved it more than Young Link because he had the same amount of games, more distinction, a different styled Zelda game in need of representation, and he himself was a young Link. Lucas ALMOST replaced Ness in Melee, but Sakurai came to his senses and had them both in Brawl because Ness was too important to the series to be replaced. So characters have NEVER been replaced because of recency.

but anyways sakurai said him self that his is build the roster from the wii/ds/3ds/wiiu (unless it's a retro character's)
Why do you keep saying stuff that Sakurai NEVER said. There was never a statement from Sakurai that the roster was based off of this and he NEVER said "unless they're retro). Don't make up lies to get your non existent point across.

I don't understand what you mean by this
There are better NES retros to pick from. But, as for non NES retros (like Mr. Game & Watch), Sheriff is the best choice.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Pretty solid. Unsure about Roy. I'd prioritize many other characters before him, but hey. Also dislike Wario's placement, but whatever.
I don't like it either, but I don't have anywhere else to put him. That and I don't have the roster maker anymore and this computer I'm using has a Virus Scan Failed thing on it everytime I try to download something.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Lucario is more popular than Zoroark and Genesect combined? No s**t Sherlock!

Lucario is bangable. Zoroark and Genesect are not. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sheriff is lame. Dillon is where it's at!

Gotta go. Once Upon a Time Season 3 is on now. :awesome:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Alright guys, odd question:

What if we got Rosalina as our new Mario character? I know it's not very likely, but it has some extremely small possibility.

How would you all react?

Reznor

work in progress
There are better NES retros to pick from. But, as for non NES retros (like Mr. Game & Watch), Sheriff is the best choice.
because he wasn't popular enough to be on the NES he should be in Smash 4?
Balloon fight was for the NES and the Arcade so why should Sheriff be in over Ballon Fgith guy (Balloon Fight is just an example there are more games that were both NES and Arcade)

Lucario is more popular than Zoroark and Genesect combined? No s**t Sherlock!

Lucario is bangable. Zoroark and Genesect are not. :troll:
Rule 34 disagrees :awesome:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Copied straight off the unofficial Nintendo Wiki:

Appearances

Sheriff

In the game Sheriff has chased the outlaws that had kidnapped his girlfriend, but he ends up being cornered in the desert. The outlaws move in a square around the sheriff while shooting at him. Sometimes a few of the outlaws moves into the square and the battle becomes much more hectic. After defeating all of the outlaws, Sheriff would move on to the next group and after the third one he would reunite with his girlfriend. Also, if Sheriff could hit one of the vultures that fly past he would score extra points.
Other appearances

So, let me get this straight. A sprite, a trophy, a microgame, and a mini-game parody... This is the recurrent retro character Noah keeps gushing over? A white sprite that hasn't had a single notable role and hasn't even been so much as mentioned in a Nintendo game since 2003?

Seriously, someone shove this into his face. Sheriff is nothing compared to Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. and the evidence is right there.

Copy-paste the text and post it for yourself, please. Quoting me will go filtered and blocked for Noah. He has me on ignore.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Well...I've never made a dream roster before...but this would probably be it...I like it...I know you don't...Yaaaaaaay....
It's not bad at all. Some choices are unlikely to appear such as Captain Syrup, Prince Fluff, Zoroark and Krystal. Replace them with Lucario, Ike, Palutena and Dixie Kong and it would be more appealing (for me, that is).

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Noah, this is from GRC:

Copied straight off the unofficial Nintendo Wiki:

Appearances

Sheriff

In the game Sheriff has chased the outlaws that had kidnapped his girlfriend, but he ends up being cornered in the desert. The outlaws move in a square around the sheriff while shooting at him. Sometimes a few of the outlaws moves into the square and the battle becomes much more hectic. After defeating all of the outlaws, Sheriff would move on to the next group and after the third one he would reunite with his girlfriend. Also, if Sheriff could hit one of the vultures that fly past he would score extra points.
Other appearances

So, let me get this straight. A sprite, a trophy, a microgame, and a mini-game parody... This is the recurrent retro character Noah keeps gushing over? A white sprite that hasn't had a single notable role and hasn't even been so much as mentioned in a Nintendo game since 2003?

Seriously, someone shove this into his face. Sheriff is nothing compared to Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. and the evidence is right there.

Copy-paste the text and post it for yourself, please. Quoting me will go filtered and blocked for Noah. He has me on ignore.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If you so wish, I won't mind doing it. Evidence and truth must prevail, after all! :laugh:

TumblrFamous said:
Noah, this is from GRC:

"Appearances

Sheriff

Other appearances

Copy-paste the text and post it for yourself, please. Quoting me will go filtered and blocked for Noah. He has me on ignore."

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
because he wasn't popular enough to be on the NES he should be in Smash 4?
Balloon fight was for the NES and the Arcade so why should Sheriff be in over Ballon Fgith guy (Balloon Fight is just an example there are more games that were both NES and Arcade)
  1. Balloon Fight was more popular than Game & Watch and Ice Climber, yet what was the outcome? Also Balloon Fight Arcade was based on and made to advertise the NES version.
  2. We don't get usually get 2 NES characters. Or at least not 2 that are in game characters.
Sheriff is lame. Dillon is where it's at!
Sheriff deserves it more. Dillon seems like an excuse to have a recent character.

D

Deleted member

Yes, complete lack of notability. That must be why he's always revived in some way. Whether it's a Wario Ware Mini Game (or actual part of the game) or the credits in the Gameboy Camera he seems to always be referenced. He's also an arcade title which is quite a merit in the way Sakurai wanted an NES character for Melee. This is an important part of their history however you want to look at it and it's certainly not an obscure one. You seem to be saying that because Game & Watch had a little more that anything less couldn't ever be added alongside him. Sheriff still fits the similar historical merits even if it wasn't AS remembered by the players. It' still remembered, acknowledged, and referenced by Nintendo.

And even then he shares merits with other characters beside them. I'm saying his criteria is similar and that he's a throwback character just like ROB & Mr. Game & Watch.
Two instances (three if the Melee tophy is counted) =/= "always revived in some way".
And unless Sakurai is specifically looking for arcade an arcade star characters, being an arcade character is not going to do him any favors. Especially since Nintendo's biggest arcade stars (Mario, Luigi, DK) are already part of Smash. And even then, there are other arcade stars that could be picked that are much bigger to Nintendo such as DK Jr. and Popeye (who is public domain worldwide except North America).

Sheriff is nowhere near the level of importance to Nintendo's history as Mr. Game & Watch or R.O.B., and to draw comparisons to them is to compare a McDonald's cheeseburger to a Red Robin cheeseburger.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It's not bad at all. Some choices are unlikely to appear such as Captain Syrup, Prince Fluff, Zoroark and Krystal. Replace them with Lucario, Ike, Palutena and Dixie Kong and it would be more appealing (for me, that is).
Well, it was just a dream after all. As much as I want Zoroark and Krystal, I'd never add them to a roster now...if it ever happens...hoorah for me. :p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have recently been enjoying staring at all the pictures of Toon Link on the website. I'm still not over the hype I got on Thursday when they revealed him.

D

Deleted member

It's rather sad that Popeye, a cartoon character that predates Nintendo's era as a gaming company, is much more important to Nintendo's history than Sheriff, yet somehow, Sheriff is being seen as super important.

Reznor

work in progress
  1. Balloon Fight was more popular than Game & Watch and Ice Climber, yet what was the outcome? Also Balloon Fight Arcade was based on and made to advertise the NES version.
  2. We don't get usually get 2 NES characters. Or at least not 2 that are in game characters.

1. Balloon Fighter and many others were considered for Melee but they decided Ice Climbers would make more sense for a fighting game (they can change their mind and add one for Smash4)
why does it matter if Balloon Fight was advertised and made on the NES it was also an Arcade game like many other NES game (Sheriff was probably just not popular enough to become a NES game)

2. just because we usually don't get 2 NES characters doesn't mean its not possible

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not much of a Paper Mario fan, would prefer another character from Mario, or a different franchise to get another character. Maybe keep Ike, or add Lucina/MU? No Dixie is disheartening as well, but K Rool as an addition sort of makes up for it. Well, it does, I just love Dixie. Yay for Captain Syrup. You get bonus points for that, and it makes up for no Dixie. No LoZ character? Sigh. Ohwell. Krystal and Ridley are both big pluses to me. Zoroark switched out with Lucario is another big plus to me. LM is whaterve, Operation Rainfall trio is a big yay. Takamaru is cool as well. Prince Fluff would have an interesting playstyle. Yarn whips ftwww! But I'm not a big fan of him as a character. And boo Snake, but it's not that big of a deal.

Anyways, sad about Paper Mario, Prince Fluff, No third FE character, no Pal/Med, and no Dixie, but overall I would be extremely happy with this roster. There's like seven newcomers I REALLYYYYYY want to play as which never happens with most people's rosters.

good jorb *pokes*

I'll throw up my extensive roster later. Gotta find the pics for it real quick.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I'm not much of a Paper Mario fan, would prefer another character from Mario, or a different franchise to get another character. Maybe keep Ike, or add Lucina/MU? No Dixie is disheartening as well, but K Rool as an addition sort of makes up for it. Well, it does, I just love Dixie. Yay for Captain Syrup. You get bonus points for that, and it makes up for no Dixie. No LoZ character? Sigh. Ohwell. Krystal and Ridley are both big pluses to me. Zoroark switched out with Lucario is another big plus to me. LM is whaterve, Operation Rainfall trio is a big yay. Takamaru is cool as well. Prince Fluff would have an interesting playstyle. Yarn whips ftwww! But I'm not a big fan of him as a character. And boo Snake, but it's not that big of a deal.

Anyways, sad about Paper Mario, Prince Fluff, No third FE character, no Pal/Med, and no Dixie, but overall I would be extremely happy with this roster. There's like seven newcomers I REALLYYYYYY want to play as which never happens with most people's rosters.

good jorb *pokes*

I'll throw up my extensive roster later. Gotta find the pics for it real quick.
It's a Wishlist?

:ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom