• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I like the idea of Sheriff, as he was Miyamoto's first character, but I don't think he's really up there with R.O.B and Game & Watch. If we were to get another character like them, though, I'd say it's between Sukapon, the Duck Hunt Dog, and Sheriff. I'd pick the DHD since he's so iconic and he'd be so much fun.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I would be fine with it, we never had a space princess before. :troll:
Zero Suit Samus may as well be our space princess. I'm surprised Nintendo doesn't pull a Disney move and put her with Peach and Zelda and Daisy on lunch boxes and beach towels and party favors. And Midna could be the Token gray/ green princess.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
@GRC

So these types of characters are picked based on recency?

Ice Climbers were NEVER referenced by the time Melee came out. Who said anything about Sheriff being as iconic and recurring as ROB & Mr. Game & Watch? Nobody that's who. He simply fits the criteria in terms of throwbacks to important parts of Nintendo History. And he is an important part of Nintendo History for many reasons

I said he's next in line after ROB & Mr. Game & Watch. It was solely your choice to assume what area/criteria I was referring to. Though it would make you less foolish to attempt to find out.

Advice to people including GRC: Don't get pissy because you made an assumption from a vague comment. Seriously someone shove this GRC's face. I see what he's doing, and I'm not gonna aid him in getting the thread locked.

And unless Sakurai is specifically looking for arcade an arcade star characters, being an arcade character is not going to do him any favors. Especially since Nintendo's biggest arcade stars (Mario, Luigi, DK) are already part of Smash. And even then, there are other arcade stars that could be picked that are much bigger to Nintendo such as DK Jr. and Popeye (who is public domain worldwide except North America).
  • No room for DK Jr because Dixie & K. Rool
  • Sheriff represents the Arcade specifically. The current Donkey Kong is different and represents a different series as does the current Mario. Sheriff would represent solely the arcade.
  • Yes, a cartoon character is always more important to Nintendo.
It's rather sad that Popeye, a cartoon character that predates Nintendo's era as a gaming company, is much more important to Nintendo's history than Sheriff
I think we're about done here...:facepalm:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As with Sheriff, I didn't see much going for him.

My roster is a no-cut roster, I have a good amount of Miscellaneous characters and 4 DK characters so it's not that bad.
Here's my roster btw.

Not too sure if Fire Emblem will get 4 reps. But aside from that, good roster.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I got a fun idea

if you had to pick one character whos series isn't in Smash already based only on how much you want their in game music to be in Smash who would it be
Um... Shulk. That music is breathtaking.

I would then follow that with Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.

"No one... brawls like Gaston, no one falls like Gaston!"

D

Deleted member

All Sheriff was is a character that appears in an arcade game.

Popeye is the ****ing reason Mario exists.
You'd have to be daft to not see how Popeye is more important to Nintendo's history.

Not that it matters anyway, as neither have a snowball's chance in Hell to get in Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Espio264

Smash Ace
Um... Shulk. That music is breathtaking.

I would then follow that with Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.

"No one... brawls like Gaston, no one falls like Gaston!"
" I use Dry Bones in all of my decorating!"

This is the last place I expected a Disney sing along. I love you guys.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
All Sheriff was is a character that appears in an arcade game.
Popeye is the ****ing reason Mario exists.
You'd have to be daft to not see how Popeye is more important to Nintendo's history.
Sheriff predates Nintendo's history too and unlike Popeye he reappeared and (Oh, yeah!) IS ACTUALLY A ****ING NINTENDO CHARACTER!!! Who is more important to Nintendo's history again?

All Sheriff was is this! All Roy was is that! Being unimportant to you is different from being unimportant to Nintendo.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But Popeye is lame. I would seriously consider not buying Smash bros is comic/cartoon/anime characters got in Smash.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CHANGE THE SUBJECT. NOBODY GIVES A FLYING **** ABOUT SHERIFF.

How many newcomers do you guys think we're going to get? Less than 10? More than 10?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm not sure whether to be bored or interested in the current situation...oh well, I'll just sit back and enjoy it, it actually passes the time. Well, I guess when you play Kirby's Epic Yarn, it's almost impossible to be in a bad mood...

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CHANGE THE SUBJECT. NOBODY GIVES A FLYING **** ABOUT SHERIFF.

How many newcomers do you guys think we're going to get? Less than 10? More than 10?
I'd say about 11 or so...

D

Deleted member

Sheriff predates Nintendo's history?

...........not sure whether to cringe at the complete stupidity of that statement or to laugh that you killed whatever chance you had to sound like you knew what you were talking about.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Seriously, Golden. A cartoon character that was one of the first games Nintendo made is more important than a recurring Arcade character that was one of the first games Nintendo made? Sheriff is and unimportant part of Nintendo History?

Yeah, I'm just gonna go watch TV and I'll be back later, okay.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
@GRC

So these types of characters are picked based on recency?

Ice Climbers were NEVER referenced by the time Melee came out. Who said anything about Sheriff being as iconic and recurring as ROB & Mr. Game & Watch? Nobody that's who. He simply fits the criteria in terms of throwbacks to important parts of Nintendo History. And he is an important part of Nintendo History for many reasons

I said he's next in line after ROB & Mr. Game & Watch. It was solely your choice to assume what area/criteria I was referring to. Though it would make you less foolish to attempt to find out.

Advice to people including GRC: Don't get pissy because you made an assumption from a vague comment. Seriously someone shove this GRC's face. I see what he's doing, and I'm not gonna aid him in getting the thread locked.
I never once said they were based on recency. You, however, made the point that he's often referenced in Nintendo history. I was merely debunking that. You were quite literally making the point that Sheriff was in Mr. Game & Watch's and R.O.B.'s league. Of the many reasons he's an important part of Nintendo history, you've named none aside from being Miyamoto's first character. I'd call you something along the lines of narcissistic or naive for simply assuming I don't know a thing about what I'm getting into, but oh, I guess that'd make me pissy, wouldn't it?

I'm not pissy for finding your support for a character to be unjustified for the reasons (or therefore lack of) you're giving, and I'm not getting any threads locked by doing just that, much to your dismay I'm sure. You haven't sold me on a character I disagree with and I'm exercising my right to poke at the flaws in your support, nothing sacrilegious to the thread like you imply. It's that simple.

Paste this back to Noah if you want, but I'm sure he won't listen. I think it's evident Noah's being the fool between the two of us anyhow. This isn't an argument, this is Noah's daily highlight of attention, pride, and spamming gifs. If anyone else wants to advocate for Sheriff's inclusion, please, continue in Noah's place. I'd like someone to give the kind of support Noah never could.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
NOBODY GIVES A FLYING **** ABOUT SHERIFF.
Right! No requests, no entry! That's how it works!

Popeye predates Nintendo's history?

...........not sure whether to cringe at the complete stupidity of that statement or to laugh that I killed whatever chance I had to sound like I knew what you was talking about.
Fix'd.

HOW DOES POPEYE! A CARTOON CHARACTER FROM A 1982 ARCADE GAME PREDATE NINTENDO AND NOT SHERIFF A NINTENDO CHARACTER FROM A 1979 ARCADE GAME!

Espio264

Smash Ace
Little Mac, Ridley, Mario rep, Dk rep, Retro/wtf rep, Chrom/ FE rep, Palutena, Shulk, Isaac, possible other 3rd party character.

About Ten in addition to the 3 we've got.

Mewtwo is not a newcomer. Mewtwo is a legend.

D

Deleted member

Recurring, my ass. Only one game, 2 cameos, and a remake that replaces him with Wario.

As compared to the one who is the reason we even have Mario today.

Welp, no reason to pay you any attention anymore.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Well...I've never made a dream roster before...but this would probably be it...I like it...I know you don't...Yaaaaaaay....
No Shantae as third party?

I like how all 3 "Rainfall protagonists" are there, but their icons should be spread out more so people don't think they are related or come from the same game. (they look kinda similar)

Captain Syrup as a second Wario rep also gets points from me.

If I showed my dream/wishlist roster on here...it might be too big for this thread. XD

----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Recurring, my ***. Only one game, 2 cameos, and a remake that replaces him with Wario.

As compared to the one who is the reason we even have Mario today.

Welp, no reason to pay you any attention anymore.
Shigeru Miyamota created Mario. Confirmed for Smash 4. The Godesses created Link. Godesses confirmed for Smash 4.

WILL YOU LISTEN TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how hard at I laughed at this. Like real life laughing :joyful:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think we'll have between 10 and 17 newcomers. 12 - 15 to be more precise. I was hoping we would get a lot more cuts than I currently think we are, though.. :l

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I really don't get what's all this fuss over Sheriff, honestly. He's a bland, generic, oft-forgotten character from an old arcade game hardly mentioned even in Smash Bros. by only having one Trophy in Melee. Have I mentioned he's also from a Japan only game?

Sheriff's chances are awfully low and even if he got redesigned, he would look like your typical cowboy from countless Wild West themed stories. This is definitely not the kind of character Sakurai is looking for.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
No Shantae as third party?

I like how all 3 "Rainfall protagonists" are there, but their icons should be spread out more so people don't think they are related or come from the same game. (they look kinda similar)
I'm not going to lie...Shantae WAS there, but I took her off thinking "I can dream, but I'm not insane...ish"

And I grouped them together mainly because they're all from the same developer. And what are you talking about man, they're all Xenoblade characters remember? :p

D

Deleted member

Everytime I hear of Shulk, Zael, and Aeron as being the Rainfall Trio (which I myself have also brought up in the past), I keep envisioning the three as bros with sunglasses that fistbump.

There was a Sheriff remake that replaced Sheriff with Wario?
WarioWare: Micro Party Game$ featured an unlockable minigame called "Wario's Sheriff", which was the Sheriff game with Wario. Kind of like the Dr. Wario minigame that replaced Mario with Wario.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Shigeru Miyamota created Mario. Confirmed for Smash 4. The Godesses created Link. Godesses confirmed for Smash 4.

WILL YOU LISTEN TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how hard at I laughed at this. Like real life laughing :joyful:
Calm down, Noah... I think it is time for your medication.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

Eh, 10 sounds about right. I personally see 8 + Mewtwo myself, but it's hard to tell at this point considering we're getting an extra push for returning veterans this time around, I think.

I think Noah is trolling. He really has to be at this point. Not even Divine was this blatant about it. Where's FalKoopa when you need him? We could all use a break from Noah between his shenanigans last night and his obvious "turn valid discussion into wasted time" tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom