• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Then why did we get Wind Waker Link instead of Spirit Tracks Link? And Olimar instead of Alph?

- sakurai did the same thing with the mother/earthbound series back in smash bro 64. (why did sakurai choose ness over ninten because at the time when n64 ssb was in development, earthbound/mother 2 was the most recent game in the series)

- what i'm saying is this, sakurai going to select character that appear after brawl and before ssb4 (unless it's a retro character), i didn't say veteran
character going get replace by newer character, (unless it's ike or lucario).
Here's the problem, BlazeMonkey. You can't say that a rule applies for one thing, but not the other and then claim there are rules that contradict other rules. You say that Olimar didn't get replaced by Alph because Olimar is a veteran. Then you turn around and say Ike & Lucario will get replaced regardless that they are veterans!?!? Where the living **** is the logic in that? You also go around saying that only the most recent Nintendo History matters to Sakurai (which is bull ****) UNLESS they are retro or unless they are veteran! Now you are declaring a rule and yet declaring your own exceptions to that rule which you are not qualified to do. That's like saying "Sakurai picks the most iconic Pokemon, Oh, but this one's a longer veteran so it doesn't matter" or "This ones a starter so it doesn't matter". You don't get to decide that.

Tom Nook and Mr. Resetti (And quite possibly a Animal Crossing neighbor like Rosie) are viable choices to me, and are can be diverse from the rest of the cast.
Tom Nook would be silly and Mr. Resetti would be a clone of Ike.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I really find it hard to even give a **** about Isaac.
I'm right there with ya. I mean, I'm sure he'd be super cool, but I don't know anything about his games. He's got like rock throw and ****. Like Onix, but cuter.

What is so significant about Isaac anyway? I just got here, but I know a lot of people on GameFAQs really appreciate him.
His game is probably good.

Yea I try not to get involved in flame wars, because that is all that happens with Fire Emblem. I'd like to see Chrom. I'd honestly like to see Roy too. I just think that the Fire Emblem roster is going to be Marth, Chrom, Ike initially. If there is DLC, I think Roy is a slam dunk addition. ESPECIALLY if there is a remake in the works.
I hate FE's Smash fate. It's awful. MU is literally our only hope. Marth will be in. Ike should be in. Chrom/Lucina will be added, and Roy too if Sakurai has time I predict we will have three FE characters, but four wouldn't be crazy. Would be sad to get two clones from FE instead of Dixie + K Rool though.

If there had to be another Sonic Rep, who would you want?
None ever, but NiGHTS.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
If Camelot is consulted for a Golden Sun rep (and they probably will be), it's easy to think they would recommend Matthew over Isaac. Especially since Matthew's story is the true story according to them.

If it's between Zael and Shulk, I'd actually probably go with Zael. I like the combat in his game better.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think the only series that recency plays a factor are Pokemon and Fire Emblem for obvious reasons.

Any other series in Smash Bros has a staple consistent cast. Fire Emblem and Pokemon are the ones that change the most so in that respect it makes sense for a more recent character to get in. But I don't want to start anything else with those subjects though, so i'll stop there.

Most other series don't really need a "recent" addition. This, in my opinion applies to Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Kirby, Mother, F-Zero, Star Fox, etc... That's just how I see it.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Nah, it should be tingle because he starred in his own games

- Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

- Tingle's Balloon Fight

- Irozuki Tincle no Koi no Balloon Trip
...We're all aware of Tingle's... erm.... popularity. But he's pretty hated (I'd be indifferent towards him), and in the ZELDA GAMES, he really doesn't serve that much importance other than deciphering maps. A character important to the story line, like Tetra, Impa in SS, or Vaati (although he seems to be on hiatus) is more appropriate.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Why can't we just have Shulk, Zael AND Aeron? They'd all be nice and unique characters compared to not only each other, but the other characters of the roster.
I've never played Aeron's game, but I would love both Shulk and Zael as reps. Either of those series getting some strong representation would be nice.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I've never played Aeron's game, but I would love both Shulk and Zael as reps. Either of those series getting some strong representation would be nice.
Well, Aeron's game, Pandora's Tower, is a little less RPG-esque than Xenoblade and Last Story, but compared to a power-level changing sword style and acceleration powers, an intricate sword style mixed in with the use of a chain sounds pretty good. I need to get my hands on the game...and Last Story...

Espio264

Smash Ace
This is probably what the majority of people think. If there ever will be 2 Sonic characters, it would be between Tails, Eggman/Robotnik and maybe Knuckles too.

But most (including me) think just Sonic works fine. He brings enough to the table by himself, and only he is the popular one amongst his friends.

(No Big the Cat, seriously...)
I love the Sonic characters more than I love most Nintendo characters, but Smash Bros. is hallowed ground. For a second Sonic character to even be eligible, I think Nintendo would have to buy the Sonic franchise outright (and probably all of Sega itself) and the Sonic characters would have to be integrated into more Nintendo crafted games apart from the Olympics series games. We'd have to see them in Mario Karts, and Tennis' and Parties and so forth...

And at that point, I think Knuckles should be the first character considered. And at the very most, Knuckles and Tails, who at this point would no longer be third party.
But yeah, Sonic's good for the foreseeable future.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, Aeron's game, Pandora's Tower, is a little less RPG-esque than Xenoblade and Last Story, but compared to a power-level changing sword style and acceleration powers, an intricate sword style mixed in with the use of a chain sounds pretty good. I need to get my hands on the game...and Last Story...
Yea all three are pretty good in their own respect. I made a thread for Zael and Aeron respectively. I haven't really done much with them because they were overlooked almost instantly.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Yeah, I still have hope that Sakurai is pulling a "Toon Link" on Balloon Fighter.
Well, I find it different. Spirit Tracks Link doesn't fully define Link (WW Link does, since that really is the Toon Link we've had and are having). So it's plausible to have them in the same game with one being a background character.

Balloon Fighter is all about his balloon helmet. Without it, he is nothing, so having Villager and Balloon Fighter with those helmets defeats the purpose of adding unique characters.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yea all three are pretty good in their own respect. I made a thread for Zael and Aeron respectively. I haven't really done much with them because they were overlooked almost instantly.
Have you thought of any moveset ideas? I'm planning on wanting to make one for Zael and Aeron, but it's tough to find a detailed list of powers Zael can use in Last Story without sitting through an entire playthrough and I'm not exactly looking to spoil the story since I plan on getting the game eventually. I have pretty much all I need on Aeron.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Have you thought of any moveset ideas? I'm planning on wanting to make one for Zael and Aeron, but it's tough to find a detailed list of powers Zael can use in Last Story without sitting through an entire playthrough and I'm not exactly looking to spoil the story since I plan on getting the game eventually. I have pretty much all I need on Aeron.
Someone just revived my Zael thread so it's on the first page. I personally find him the most lame out of the three. Honestly I think Aeron would be the most unique, but they all could be pretty good characters.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Someone just revived my Zael thread so it's on the first page. I personally find him the most lame out of the three. Honestly I think Aeron would be the most unique, but they all could be pretty good characters.
Ah okay, thanks. :) These games do need more love, and even if they don't make it to the initial roster, they'd be great DLC.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I wonder why so many people don't have Sheriff on their roster. He's basically the next in line after ROB & Mr. Game & Watch. I realized he also has a lot to work with move set wise, such as a gun, lasso, a horse, hiding behind forts, and maybe we can have that Vulture be part of his move set. I don't see the gun as an issue at all either. Just replace the bullet with the in game sprite bullet and have it make the sound effects.

Yeah, I still have hope that Sakurai is pulling a "Toon Link" on Balloon Fighter.
I doubt it, it really takes away a big uniqueness from the character.

Well, I find it different. Spirit Tracks Link doesn't fully define Link (WW Link does, since that really is the Toon Link we've had and are having). So it's plausible to have them in the same game with one being a background character.

Balloon Fighter is all about his balloon helmet. Without it, he is nothing, so having Villager and Balloon Fighter with those helmets defeats the purpose of adding unique characters.
Actually I'd imagine the the helmet would only be part of a jump, otherwise it would always pop. I could see his move set use stuff like inflating a balloon until it pops, static, and those bumpers, so he could definitely work.

EDIT: Now I'm starting to think he might get in

D

Deleted member

-On DK in regards to Dixie vs. K. Rool:

I'd rather we get both since both "deserve" it (quotations because deservingness is a subjective point and I'm expressing it as my opinion), though if we could get only one, I'd rather it be K. Rool due to not being another simian and for having so much to work with that I find interesting. That being said, I find Dixie more likely at this point since she was planned for Brawl and because of her return to stardom with Tropical Freeze.

-On WarioWare:

I'm 50/50 on another WW character. I mean, the series has become a notable one and has quite a bit of games under its belt, but other than Wario, no other character is really a major figure.
Of the options, I kind of like the idea of 9-Volt the best since he can be that "Nintendo history" character due to his sets of microgames referencing various Nintendo games and hardware and the fact he's a Nintendo fanboy.

-On 2nd Animal Crossing character:

Eh, one doesn't really seem appealing at this point.

-On Sheriff:

There's no reason to believe he's "next in line" after G&W and R.O.B.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This whole "DK deserving 4" doesn't change the fact that it's unnecessary and additional representation is needed for other franchises, in which case I think 4 is excessive.

And I always thought 9-Volt would be the second Wario Ware character to get in.

There's no reason to believe he's "next in line" after G&W and R.O.B.
How so? Seriously, what makes you say that?

D

Deleted member

DK needs more representation than most other franchises.
It's one of Nintendo's major franchises and it's rather insulting that it only recently got a 2nd character.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I wonder why so many people don't have Sheriff on their roster. He's basically the next in line after ROB & Mr. Game & Watch. I realized he also has a lot to work with move set wise, such as a gun, lasso, a horse, hiding behind forts, and maybe we can have that Vulture be part of his move set. I don't see the gun as an issue at all either. Just replace the bullet with the in game sprite bullet and have it make the sound effects.
I used to have him, but I don't think he's too likely anymore.
This whole "DK deserving 4" doesn't change the fact that it's unnecessary and additional representation is needed for other franchises, in which case I think 4 is excessive.
It's not necessary,but it's the smartest move and DK will be done representing for the time being. I don't see what other one's your talking about because you can add extra representation to alot of the franchises and still have 4 DK characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom