• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Honestly I think this does a good job of that haha An ode as opposed to a character slot.

About Skull Kid, if he was given a "Toon-y" art style (like below) He would look great alongside Toon Link!
Oh well, this color scheme is usually my ideal color scheme for Toon Link anyways. XD

Also, sorry for the double post because it's clearly quite slow as it's 1:17 in the morning and I have a day off today and for such a self-conceited question, but does my avatar look okay to you?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Also, sorry for the double post because it's clearly quite slow as it's 1:17 in the morning and I have a day off today and for such a self-conceited question, but does my avatar look okay to you?
Yeah I guess, (she's supposed to be forest type thing right?). I've seen most of your darkstalker/other drawings and they look sexy, very well drawn, (I can't draw for **** xD) seems your getting better and better at your craft. (imo) (and yes I keep thinking your a girl for some reason lol)

D

Deleted member

Most important question of the evening: did Habanero change his username?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah I guess, (she's supposed to be forest type thing right?). I've seen most of your darkstalker/other drawings and they look sexy, very well drawn, (I can't draw for **** xD) seems your getting better and better at your craft. (imo) (and yes I keep thinking your a girl for some reason lol)
First off, thank you for saying kind things about my work.

And acually no, not really, she's a Baphomet, which is more of a powerful demon creature than a forest animal. they do have physical characteristics of a ram or mountain goat however.

And also yes, I get that alot, it's probably because I associate myself with my favorite videogame character Felicia alot, in terms of youtube username, sometimes avatars, and drawings.

Holy crap, I think I just realized that. Wow, I guess I was just so used to his old name I didn't exactly adjust to it right away.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yes its now Xenoblaze, it was Habanero of the Xenoblaze system for some reason.

but he will always be habanero to me.

@hotfeet, will you draw FE characters at some point? :troll:
and your welcome, if they were gonna make another darkstalker game (I wish) I can see them hiring you to be a part of the team. (too bad capcom is turrible.)

D

Deleted member

I don't care what he changed his name to, he's still the spicy chili pepper as far as I'm concerned :laugh:.

Reznor

work in progress
I like the pic but some of the pic isn't visible
your username is hotfeet but I can't see the "hot feet" in your pic (bad joke but what ever)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I like the pic but some of the pic isn't visible
your username is hotfeet but I can't see the "hot feet" in your pic (bad joke but what ever)
Yeah, that's the cropping of Smashboards, can't do much about that.

Who is it?

Sienna, a Baphomet I created when designing Darkstalkers 4, this is her current design for a later part of said project, namely sequels.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't know why Toon Link appearing increases Jigglypuff's chances. Toon Link has always been more important to the Zelda series than Jigglypuff is to the Pokemon series. Also, isn't he easier to program?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It looks awesome. I don't know who the character is, though. The only thing that would make it better is colouring it. :laugh:

@SaturnGamer
Almost everyone here thinks Jigglypuff is more likely than Toon Link. And with Toon Link's confirmation, many more people seem to have accepted that a no-cut scenario is a definite possibility.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't know why Toon Link appearing increases Jigglypuff's chances. Toon Link has always been more important to the Zelda series than Jigglypuff is to the Pokemon series. Also, isn't he easier to program?
Jigglypuff is like the simplest character of all-time, which is why she got in to begin with. Animation-wise, it's an incredibly easy character, and she's also very easy to program considering the very simple moveset. Sure Toon Link has a lot of copy-paste, but the attacks have to have their heights adjusted, so it's not like it's an all too simple copy paste either by the end of the day. Then there's also the fact that Toon Link's model is a lot harder to animate, and his graphical style is unique and needs to be handled right.

If Jigglypuff doesn't make it in, then it's because they REALLY ran out of time, because it's by far the easiest unique character to program, which is why I'm expecting her to return. Even then, Jigglypuff is pretty important to Smash after so many years, no matter what anyone else says, I'm expecting her to be of higher priority in development than Toon Link.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Jigglypuff is like the simplest character of all-time, which is why she got in to begin with. Animation-wise, it's an incredibly easy character, and she's also very easy to program considering the very simple moveset. Sure Toon Link has a lot of copy-paste, but the attacks have to have their heights adjusted, so it's not like it's an all too simple copy paste either by the end of the day. Then there's also the fact that Toon Link's model is a lot harder to animate, and his graphical style is unique and needs to be handled right.

If Jigglypuff doesn't make it in, then it's because they REALLY ran out of time, because it's by far the easiest unique character to program, which is why I'm expecting her to return. Even then, Jigglypuff is pretty important to Smash after so many years, no matter what anyone else says, I'm expecting her to be of higher priority in development than Toon Link.
It could be a little harder if they decide to incorporate Fairy type moves into Jigglypuff. Yeah it will still be easy.

?????????????

Smash Master
This one's a joke question, but I want to know the response.

What would your reaction be if Whispy Woods became playable? He's one of the most recurring Kirby characters, and he has the ability to walk. :awesome:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
This one's a joke question, but I want to know the response.

What would your reaction be if Whispy Woods became playable? He's one of the most recurring Kirby characters, and he has the ability to walk. :awesome:
Would be entirely ok with it, he has interesting moveset potential.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Pretty much exactly what the others said. There's also the fact that Toon Link, Wolf and Jiggs were the "low priority" group in Brawl. So it makes sense to assume that with Toon Link's inclusion already, this "priority" isn't the same this time around.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Pretty much exactly what the others said. There's also the fact that Toon Link, Wolf and Jiggs were the "low priority" group in Brawl. So it makes sense to assume that with Toon Link's inclusion already, this "priority" isn't the same this time around.
You seem to be quite the Jigglypuff fan, is there a move that you would like to see her use in SSB4 ?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Question of opinion.

Do you guys think that Sakurai really takes certain things into account like we do? We know what his main four criteria are. Series balance, being unique, appeal, and....that one other thing that is currently not coming to me.

We base a lot of our thoughts on things that don't necessarily fit with his criteria. Series importance, etc... While importance to a series is clearly obvious (I mean come on, we have the 4 Mario, 4 Zelda, Decent Pokemon Lineup, etc...) it may not be as important now that the main characters are essentially done. Clearly Ridley would do well in completing Metroid, and K.Rool or Dixie for Donkey Kong.

What I mean is, do you actually think he thinks about it as hard as we do. Clearly a lot of reveals are going off of marketing. That isn't to say that EVERY character is going to be in to advertise something. However I think certain characters may benefit from such things, such as Palutena, Chrom, Mewtwo, etc.

Just by going off of "series balance", I think we'll see a 3rd Fire Emblem character based on how the series has grown, Ridley to give Metroid a 3rd character (ZSS is a pitiful "2nd character") and K.Rool or Dixie for Donkey Kong. (also Mewtwo for Pokemon). Otherwise, I don't know that too many series in Smash need an additional rep. Series like Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, Wario Ware, Zelda, Pikmin, F-Zero, Star Fox, Mother and Kid Icarus do not necessarily need a series newcomer to be balanced out from my standpoint.

3rd parties are clearly 3rd parties. They really shouldn't get anything besides a character, music, trophies, and a stage. No additional characters are needed for a Nintendo first fighting/party game.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom