• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool if regular Link was a powerhouse and his sword strikes were heavy hits with long range, but his items are weaker. And with Toon Link, his items are powerful and should be stayed away from, but his sword range is short and deals weak hits.

It could reflect that the Toon games rely heavily on item gameplay and regular Link's deal with sword gameplay!

So people using Toon Link would be primarily for range, and Link for courage power :)

edit: I have a feeling my post is about to get buried in more argument posts.....

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
And for the love of ****ing God, Hotfeet! Will you take my ****ing advice for once, FOR ONCE, and stop provoking this argument?! This could have been over with 10 pages back if you hadn't yet again make those sly, sarcastic, catty remarks like you always do. Have I ****ing told you, what, five times at the least to stop or else it will get out of hand? And look where you are, you've singlehandedly made the entire thread uncomfortable, and better yet, you're fighting with a computer. It's pathetic.
Excuse me, but that's out of context. He is the one who brought up a three hour old argument while we were in the middle of talking about something else, all I did was say I'm sick and tired of his attitude in lengthy form. And again, if I made said remarks, it was only because they were made to me first.

And it's not exactly a fight if the opponent can't fight back.

Adult Link to roll bombs, use whip to grapple, and have the double clawshot for ledge grapple

Toon Link to have a few items from WwHD, PH, and ST as Special Attacks

Move-sets aren't totally done yet for some characters, hopefully some of these changes could potentially happen

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Excuse me, but that's out of context. He is the one who brought up a three hour old argument while we were in the middle of talking about something else, all I did was say I'm sick and tired of his attitude in lengthy form. And again, if I made said remarks, it was only because they were made to me first.

And it's not exactly a fight if the opponent can't fight back.
You know, it's a marvelous contraption, really, it's called an ignore button.

Why can't you just ignore him? Obviously, he isn't getting any better, and you generally seem levelheaded except when you're around him. If he's that much of a problem that people either shudder at the sight of you two going at it, or treat you like wild animals fighting, then I suggest you just block him, ignore him, do whatever you can do to GET AWAY FROM HIM.

Saturn, this applies to you, too.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
People may prefer Link's playstyle of Toon Link's. Link does play quite differently from Toon Link in Brawl, but in a way that is more challenging, and there are indeed players who are willing to challenge themselves in that way. And of course not everyone prefers Toon Link over Link, and there are people who would be willing to try getting better with Link than Toon Link for that reason as well.
Ya but when youre gimped from the start as Link, its dumb to think you could do better as someone else who is very similar.

I know they play differently, I can use both. Balance can be achieved through parallism (being the same) or the alternate of being different but achieving through different means. It would make sense if Link was a powerhouse, but hes not. His strikes are fairly average.

Alternate their movesets a little, and make Link stronger!

Reznor

work in progress
I still don't know why people think there is a good chance we will get Zoroark
1. Smash will probably skip 5th gen like they skipped 3rd
2. never got as popular as Lucario or Blaziken
3. power might be hard to adapt to smash (illusion powers would be awesome though)

I would like to hear why you think he is likely though

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hotfeet and Saturn, you both need to give it a rest.

I don't know when or why the two of you became rivals that argue on a regular basis, but things are starting to get out of hand. Insulting each other like that, it's pointless and uncalled for. Regardless of who started doing it first, it would be better if you two just stopped entirely.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You know, it's a marvelous contraption, really, it's called an ignore button.

Why can't you just ignore him? Obviously, he isn't getting any better, and you generally seem levelheaded except when you're around him. If he's that much of a problem that people either shudder at the sight of you two going at it, or treat you like wild animals fighting, then I suggest you just block him, ignore him, do whatever you can do to GET AWAY FROM HIM.

Saturn, this applies to you, too.
Because I find the ignore button to be somewhat immoral. I don't feel right blurting out myself from said nonsense while other have to deal with it. It just doesn't seem right to me. He can block me all he wants though, I couldn't possibly care less, he's done it before and will most likely do it to anyone who tries to tell him to smarten up.

I'd also like to add that I only argue like that when the person I'm arguing against said demeanor, I try to play on their level as it feels unfair to do elsewise. Say I get into a debate with say you or Pizzadudemanguy, you both have friendly demeanor's and will politely give your opinion, in which I will then give my own back in the same polite manner. I don't argue that way with Noah because I hate him, I argue with him like that because that's his level of arguing, make sense?

I still don't know why people think there is a good chance we will get Zoroark
1. Smash will probably skip 5th gen like they skipped 3rd
2. never got as popular as Lucario or Blaziken
3. power might be hard to adapt to smash (illusion powers would be awesome though)

I would like to hear why you think he is likely though
I think SHE is likely because of being one of the big semi-legendaries from Gen 5 that had a movie, is important to the gen, has a lot of good moves for a move-set, and does have some popularity.

Also remember I put her in 3rd Place under Mewtwo and a NEW Trainer.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Because I find the ignore button to be somewhat immoral. I don't feel right blurting out myself from said nonsense while other have to deal with it. It just doesn't seem right to me. He can block me all he wants though, I couldn't possibly care less, he's done it before and will most likely do it to anyone who tries to tell him to smarten up.
Think of it as a stress-reliever. You're getting worked up over someone who, after this game comes out, you will never have any contact with again, lives in a totally different part of I'm guessing the US, and it's over a video game. I'm probably never gonna hear from ANY of you ever again after this game comes out.

I know it's the principle of the matter, but it's just a button. If we find it problematic, then we have the button too. We all have a choice to block, ignore, follow, friend, etc. It's not that big of a deal. If you personally find it a problem that is affecting you negatively (which is ridiculous that someone is getting you all worked up over this), then you need to set your priorities straight. It'd be easier if you just ignore it.

Reznor

work in progress
I think SHE is likely because of being one of the big semi-legendaries from Gen 5 that had a movie, is important to the gen, has a lot of good moves for a move-set, and does have some popularity.

Also remember I put her in 3rd Place under Mewtwo and a NEW Trainer.
I read that in reverse my bad :grin:

she? Zoroark has a 87.5% chance of being male doesn't saying he make more sense

Espio264

Smash Ace
All this fighting over a fighting game. That's quite literallly the definition of... I don't know, some word similar to whatever it is I was just thinking of. Stephen Colbert just did something amazing with Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch that we can all learn from.

Also, Link and Toon Link are absolutely not the same character. If you pay close attention to the reveal photos, they part their hair on different sides.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
There's the arrogance again, that I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE AT HOME.

Seriously, why is it so hard for you to understand? The Popularity between Lucario and Mewtwo is a huge margin, nowhere near a tiny bit. Seriously, all you do is say "How do you know what Sakurai's thinking" Well here's a question for you *******, how do YOU know what Sakurai is thinking? You act like you know more about the psyche of Sakurai better than anyone else as you consistently bring it up, when you know as much as anyone else, which is clearly jack ****.

And the arrogance, my GOD the arrogance, I know it's typical for a 16 year old but come the **** on! You only do three things on this site, you're either arrogantly complaining about something, you're cursing like a street thug, or you're laughing at someone's ideals. Get with the program, this is a prediction thread, prediction can go so many different ways, prediction can be what we think will happen, and what we would like to happen, and saying someone's own wants are wrong as selfishly as you do, with poor BluePikmin11 for example, is just plain sickening. Have you learned nothing about what people tell you about your attitude? Have you not learned the reason you've been banned TWICE from this site? Grow up and act normal for once in your damn life, there's plenty of people on this site younger than you, and they act least 5x as mature as you do, Louie G is a perfect example of that. Seriously, if you can't accept a possibility (I never said it was set in stone) a ****ING POSSIBILITY, you need to get out. Trust me, nobody will be crying when they see you go.
You can hate him as much as you want, but that doesn't justify being as immature as he is.

From what I remember of Saturn, I used to hate him more than anyone else on the internet, but I eventually started to figure out a way to reason with him. I LEARNED from the mistake of continually over-reacting, and decided that he's really attached to his ideals. As such, I decided to reason with him by making it clear that I wasn't pushing my opinion onto him, but rather simply stating why I disagreed with his choices. He came to respect my opinion as well as his own. Now I'm on decent terms with him, and hey, I even like his roster, now.

Sure, he doesn't know what Sakurai's thinking, but neither do you. He's here to give his ideas, and you're here to give yours. Just because you disagree with his opinion isn't a reason to fight. He's so attached to his ideas that he will sound rather arrogant and even bratty when he feels someone is saying they're "wrong", but that doesn't mean you should act the same way. Has that worked for you so far?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
All this fighting over a fighting game. That's quite literallly the definition of... I don't know, some word similar to whatever it is I was just thinking of. Stephen Colbert just did something amazing with Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch that we can all learn from.

Also, Link and Toon Link are absolutely not the same character. If you pay close attention to the reveal photos, they part their hair on different sides.
Every part of that post was beautiful.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
You can hate him as much as you want, but that doesn't justify being as immature as he is.

From what I remember of Saturn, I used to hate him more than anyone else on the internet, but I eventually started to figure out a way to reason with him. I LEARNED from the mistake of continually over-reacting, and decided that he's really attached to his ideals. As such, I decided to reason with him by making it clear that I wasn't pushing my opinion onto him, but rather simply stating why I disagreed with his choices. He came to respect my opinion as well as his own. Now I'm on decent terms with him, and hey, I even like his roster, now.

Sure, he doesn't know what Sakurai's thinking, but neither do you. He's here to give his ideas, and you're here to give yours. Just because you disagree with his opinion isn't a reason to fight. He's so attached to his ideas that he will sound rather arrogant and even bratty when he feels someone is saying they're "wrong", but that doesn't mean you should act the same way. Has that worked for you so far?
Can you be my lawyer, I think I'm gonna cry.

Reznor

work in progress
I think he's basing it on the movie. (sorry dragon i had 2 ninja you)
I stopped watching the Pokemon anime forever ago so I just go by the gender ratio
I am hearing people say Mewtwo is a girl because of the new movie coming out (even though she/he has no gender :glare:)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I stopped watching the Pokemon anime forever ago so I just go by the gender ratio
I am hearing people say Mewtwo is a girl because of the new movie coming out (even though she/he has no gender :glare:)
Same, I've only seen the original stopped after that, I just heard from some people that its a she in the movie, also I'm guessing people are saying that cause of the X and Y chromosome thing.

@Reznor as a kirby fan i'd highly recommend that game, its so fun, especially in co-op :p. oh and I suggest ya get the 20th anny collection its beast as well :D

Gune

Smash Lord
Have you herd mewtwo talk in that movie? he/she sounds really effeminate

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

But that's the thing, with him it's not about giving your views, it's "My views or get out of my face". And even then, the arguments he gets into me over are usually taken out of context, namely "Demise and Ganondorf are not the same person". And I don't go around acting like opinion is fact, I usually do my research before talking about something. Mewtwo IS more popular than Lucario, people DO want K.Rool more than Dixie, Demise and Ganondorf DO have confirmed similarities despite being beings as one is an incarnation of the other, and more. This argument basically happened because he couldn't' accept the fact that Lucario may be cut, and as little the chance it may actually be, the chance does stand.

Think of it as a stress-reliever. You're getting worked up over someone who, after this game comes out, you will never have any contact with again, lives in a totally different part of I'm guessing the US, and it's over a video game. I'm probably never gonna hear from ANY of you ever again after this game comes out.

I know it's the principle of the matter, but it's just a button. If we find it problematic, then we have the button too. We all have a choice to block, ignore, follow, friend, etc. It's not that big of a deal. If you personally find it a problem that is affecting you negatively (which is ridiculous that someone is getting you all worked up over this), then you need to set your priorities straight. It'd be easier if you just ignore it.
Well, I don't live in the US, I'm from Canada, my location is a reference to Darkstalkers, but that doesn't matter. It's not even over a video game, it's over the popularity of two characters and that Jigglypuff is more important to Smash Bros, which she is.

And to be honest, it's not this argument that got me so worked up to say that, it was more how he treats pretty much all of you. He reminds me of my father in some ways, especially to the fact that even after two big incidents he continues to do what he does, Noah being himself and my father being smoking. So in short, Noah, if you haven't already, PUT ME ON THE IGNORE LIST! I want to give a high five to GRC.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Same, I've only seen the original stopped after that, I just heard from some people that its a she in the movie, also I'm guessing people are saying that cause of the X and Y chromosome thing.
It's actually because it's Japanese voice actor is female. And due to how feminine Y form Mewtwo looks.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
They're acting sporadically due to the elevated hormonal activity they experience when together :troll:
Yeah, you can totally feel the sexual tension between the two.:troll:

Like Mewtwo back in the first movie had a masculine voice, the new Mewtwo (yes, they're different characters) has a feminine voice, so people go by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom