• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
But that's the thing, with him it's not about giving your views, it's "My views or get out of my face". And even then, the arguments he gets into me over are usually taken out of context, namely "Demise and Ganondorf are not the same person". And I don't go around acting like opinion is fact, I usually do my research before talking about something. Mewtwo IS more popular than Lucario, people DO want K.Rool more than Dixie, Demise and Ganondorf DO have confirmed similarities despite being beings as one is an incarnation of the other, and more. This argument basically happened because he couldn't' accept the fact that Lucario may be cut, and as little the chance it may actually be, the chance does stand.
Still, you should try and handle things more calmly regardless of how Saturn acts. If this doesn't work out after a while (or if you actually have tried this already) then there is still the ignore button.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Kirby has one of the best possible representations in Smash already. The triad of himself, Meta Knight, and Dedede are all that are needed.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well, I don't live in the US, I'm from Canada, my location is a reference to Darkstalkers, but that doesn't matter. It's not even over a video game, it's over the popularity of two characters and that Jigglypuff is more important to Smash Bros, which she is.

And to be honest, it's not this argument that got me so worked up to say that, it was more how he treats pretty much all of you. He reminds me of my father in some ways, especially to the fact that even after two big incidents he continues to do what he does, Noah being himself and my father being smoking. So in short, Noah, if you haven't already, PUT ME ON THE IGNORE LIST! I want to give a high five to GRC.
Canadian...

But I understand, I have had experiences in my social life and in my family like this before. It sucks. A lot. If you need anything, you can PM me, I know exactly what you're talking about.

I'm fine with trying to hold a decent conversation with him, but sooner or later, I'm sure I'll get fed up with him. If anyone gets on my last nerves, I will get fed up and blow a fuse, and some people have seen me do it before, and on the internet or not, it's scary when I'm truly angry.

Oh, by the way, I am appalled by how you generalized 16-year olds. I am in no way arrogant (well, not as arrogant and bratty), but I am not some immature kid. How dare you, my good sir!

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Toon Link was one of the characters treading on thin ice, and he got in. Ike and Lucario are under the same situation, they are both on thin ice.

Reznor

work in progress
Cool? Perhaps. Necessary? Nah.
I haven't played return to dream land yet so I don't know how important Bandana Dee is and truthfully the Kirby series is well represented with just the 3 ......... but I still hope he gets in

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
But that's the thing, with him it's not about giving your views, it's "My views or get out of my face". And even then, the arguments he gets into me over are usually taken out of context, namely "Demise and Ganondorf are not the same person". And I don't go around acting like opinion is fact, I usually do my research before talking about something. Mewtwo IS more popular than Lucario, people DO want K.Rool more than Dixie, Demise and Ganondorf DO have confirmed similarities despite being beings as one is an incarnation of the other, and more. This argument basically happened because he couldn't' accept the fact that Lucario may be cut, and as little the chance it may actually be, the chance does stand.
That's the thing about him. He will argue indefinitely until you recognize that you're not getting the results you aimed at.

If I'm right, even simply saying "Anything is possible, but in my opinion, it's a legitimate possibility." should work this particular (and most other) subject out. He'll probably reply with a somewhat snide comment, but you can just ignore that. He should know that anything is possible, and if he decides to argue against that for whatever reason, then **** it, it ain't worth it.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
because Waddle Dee is super cute and another Kirby character would be a good idea
I agree but I think sakurai is just gonna leave at 3 for now, (and I know a certain user who's not gonna be happy about what I just said, hint he's the guy with the waddle dee avi that has ridley's head on the top of his spear).

@ dragon:When posting on a forum, you submit a post only to find that someone has posted the same thing only seconds earlier. that's why I said ninja'd (cause I assumed you were gonna reply with the answer, but you were too slow :sonic:)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Still, you should try and handle things more calmly regardless of how Saturn acts. If this doesn't work out after a while (or if you actually have tried this already) then there is still the ignore button.
You can act calmly, but that only gets you so far. And to be honest, I'm only like that with him because frankly, I'm leveling with him, if he's going to argue like that, I'm going to match his demeanor. Why do you think I never have such loud arguments with say TumblrFamous or PIzzadudemanguy? The two of them are nice people with kind demeanor's that display their opinions politely and peacefully, and to follow suit, I do the same in said same way. It all depends on who you argue with, seeing as the more times you try arguing with someone of a different demeanor, you and the other person tend to make more bad happen than good. Things will clash, claws will be drawn and then you see them go at each other like a pair of Grizzly bears fighting over the last fish in the stream. The fish, symbolizing the audience, swims away during said fight leaving to the two bears to quarrel. It's basic human knowledge, and psychology isn't even my major....to be honest I'm not even interested in said field of work.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
What makes you think that Ike is on thicker ice?
Because muh relevancy, muh sales figures, muh I love corn, plz sakurai add corn in smash bros. cause ike is a hector clone uh-huh huh, also add masta cheef cuz he was on da 3ds.

yeah basically the FE newcomers are clamoring for Chrom, so that would mean Ike in somewhat in danger. (imo)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Canadian...

But I understand, I have had experiences in my social life and in my family like this before. It sucks. A lot. If you need anything, you can PM me, I know exactly what you're talking about.

I'm fine with trying to hold a decent conversation with him, but sooner or later, I'm sure I'll get fed up with him. If anyone gets on my last nerves, I will get fed up and blow a fuse, and some people have seen me do it before, and on the internet or not, it's scary when I'm truly angry.

Oh, by the way, I am appalled by how you generalized 16-year olds. I am in no way arrogant (well, not as arrogant and bratty), but I am not some immature kid. How dare you, my good sir!
My apologies for grouping you in with Noah, I should have said that there are indeed people, take you and Louie G for example, that do stray away from the norm of how the world portrays you, and that's definitely a good thing. To be honest, I wasn't even aware you were 16 years old in the first place.

And thanks for that, I'll be sure to PM you if something does come up. And to be honest, you're one of the most polite people I've seen on this site.

That's the thing about him. He will argue indefinitely until you recognize that you're not getting the results you aimed at.

If I'm right, even simply saying "Anything is possible, but in my opinion, it's a legitimate possibility." should work this particular (and most other) subject out. He'll probably reply with a somewhat snide comment, but you can just ignore that. He should know that anything is possible, and if he decides to argue against that for whatever reason, then **** it, it ain't worth it.
Yeah, I guess that's true. Thanks for the advice, I promise to try my hardest to make sure it won't happen again. :)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You can act calmly, but that only gets you so far. And to be honest, I'm only like that with him because frankly, I'm leveling with him, if he's going to argue like that, I'm going to match his demeanor. Why do you think I never have such loud arguments with say TumblrFamous or PIzzadudemanguy? The two of them are nice people with kind demeanor's that display their opinions politely and peacefully, and to follow suit, I do the same in said same way. It all depends on who you argue with, seeing as the more times you try arguing with someone of a different demeanor, you and the other person tend to make more bad happen than good. Things will clash, claws will be drawn and then you see them go at each other like a pair of Grizzly bears fighting over the last fish in the stream. The fish, symbolizing the audience, swims away during said fight leaving to the two bears to quarrel. It's basic human knowledge, and psychology isn't even my major....to be honest I'm not even interested in said field of work.
I do understand this, you should treat kind and reasonable people the same way they treat you, but in the case of someone like Saturn/Noah, you would be better off not stooping to his level. It hasn't gotten you anywhere, there are better options. It's understandable that you would get frustrated after a while, but trying to act more reasonable and calmer than him may change his actions towards you. This may take quite some time, but again, there is still the ignore button.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have to agree with this. Talking to someone on a different level than you are is like talking to a brick wall.

Look, I know you're not an ass, but if he's really making your time on here that terrible, than just end it with him. You could always ignore him. Not through the button, as in the silent treatment. Just don't make it as bad as it can be.

By the way, A+ symbolism.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I do understand this, you should treat kind and reasonable people the same way they treat you, but in the case of someone like Saturn/Noah, you would be better off not stooping to his level. It hasn't gotten you anywhere, there are better options. It's understandable that you would get frustrated after a while, but trying to act more reasonable and calmer than him may change his actions towards you. This may take quite some time, but again, there is still the ignore button.
I promise to try, but just let me say, thanks to my childhood, that's ALOT easier said than done. Quick to defend myself has become like a second nature. And no, I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm simply stating that I haven't had the most pleasant life.

I have to agree with this. Talking to someone on a different level than you are is like talking to a brick wall.

Look, I know you're not an ***, but if he's really making your time on here that terrible, than just end it with him. You could always ignore him. Not through the button, as in the silent treatment. Just don't make it as bad as it can be.

By the way, A+ symbolism.
I promise to try ignoring him silently, mainly as I said it feels wrong to just block myself out entirely. You have my word. And thank you.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
On that note, it is 12:30 in the morning where I am right now, I'm exhausted. I think I'm gonna hit the sack.

Then I'm gonna go to bed.

*Ba dum tss!*

Thank you! Too kind! Oh, I'm hilarious! Good night everybody!

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Does anybody here think that having Toon Zelda would be too redundant? I mean, two characters (Link/Zelda) having their own clones within the same Franchise seems very redundant.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I promise to try, but just let me say, thanks to my childhood, that's ALOT easier said than done. Quick to defend myself has become like a second nature. And no, I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm simply stating that I haven't had the most pleasant life.
Perfectly understandable. I've been quick to defend as well.

Reznor

work in progress
Does anybody here think that having Toon Zelda would be too redundant? I mean, two characters (Link/Zelda) having their own clones within the same Franchise seems very redundant.
next is Toon Ganon and then maybe Yarn Yoshi

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Speaking of Yarn Yoshi, what happened to his Wii U game? We haven't heard anything about it in ages.
It hasn't been officially announced yet, and by that I mean we don't have a premier trailer yet. I seriously hope they didn't scrap it, that game looked beautiful. It looked like Yoshi's Island meets Littlebigplanet, and it was definitely something I would be looking forward to if I wasn't so unsure of its situation.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
My DREAM Zelda representation would be:

Link - (Skyward Sword)
Zelda - (Twilight Princess)
Ganondorf - (Ocarina of Time)
Toon Link - (Wind Waker)
Skull Kid - (Majora's Mask)

BOOM. All 3D console Zelda titles to date :)

In all seriousness:
Gerudo Valley 3DS stage shows they're getting stuff from Ocarina of Time 3D, do you guys think Ganondorf will have his OoT 3D look? I personally hope so.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord

Link - (Skyward Sword)
Toon Link - (Wind Waker)

In all seriousness:
Gerudo Valley 3DS stage shows they're getting stuff from Ocarina of Time 3D, do you guys think Ganondorf will have his OoT 3D look? I personally hope so.
You sir, share the same dream I do.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Link - (Skyward Sword)
Toon Link - (Wind Waker)

In all seriousness:
Can't we just glue Majora's Mask to TP Skull Kid's face and call it a day? I mean, they're accordingly the same Skull Kid, if not another one related to the one who existed during Ocarina of Time, it's possible. And hey, if the new Zelda is a Twilight Princess sequel and Skull Kid comes back, he's relevant to his series right? In all honesty though, he's in the same boat as Ghirahim, which is kind of sad since there was alot of things they could've pulled out of Majora's mask into more games in the series, even if a majority of said game was reused source material from the previous title. Majora's Mask may be somewhat of a lazy game, but even then, it's the best lazy game ever made.

Reznor

work in progress

Link - (Skyward Sword)
Toon Link - (Wind Waker)

In all seriousness:
but the first Zelda game needs to be represented for it is the best of them all (well the only one I have played but I do wanna play Wind Waker not sure if I would like the WiiU version)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
but the first Zelda game needs to be represented for it is the best of them all (well the only one I have played but I do wanna play Wind Waker not sure if I would like the WiiU version)
I compare it to Ocarina of Time 3D, no longer is there the need to always push start and open your item box, it's all on the screen, free to just do whatever at any time. No seriously, it cut down my Water Temple run by at least thirty minutes without having to always switch between items. And the controls are much more fluent than that of a Gamecube controller IMHO.

Not to mention the visuals? BEAUTIFUL! It's definitely true, today, tomorrow, ten years from now, twenty years from now, the visual style of Wind Waker will always look great.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I think this does a good job of that haha An ode as opposed to a character slot.

About Skull Kid, if he was given a "Toon-y" art style (like below) He would look great alongside Toon Link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom