• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay, I brought up earlier the possibility of seeing both Zelda and Sheik on/near the same day, since A Link Between Worlds and OoT anniversary generally are around the same day in November. Any thoughts on that?

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh look, discussion over minor Zelda characters that will never get into Super Smash Bros.

How quaint.
To be fair, that is how most discussions about rosters look anyways. We all know the dominant characters. I mean does anyone think any Metroid character aside from Ridley would make it? Does anyone think aside from Dixie or K. Rool that another DK rep even has a chance?

The franchises with lots of possibilities tend to be discussed more. Like Pokemon or Fire Emblem.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
He said Smash Brothers as franchise, not just Brawl.
Nobody is expecting Young Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario, and even Roy to return at this point. So if they didn't show up (Which they probably won't), he'd still be telling the truth.
Fair enough, I suppose that only makes sense.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-might-not-release-at-the-same-time
You do realize that Brawl had a lot more content to deal with too. The lack of the story mode alone is a HUGE weight off of their shoulders. They still don't even have a set release date either, so if they want to delay the game, let them do it. Nintendo has already delayed many other games to make sure they're in tip top shape, what would prevent the from doing the same for Smash?
Last time I checked, Brawl was apart of the Smash Bros Franchise.

As I've said, people read that quote the way they want.

I use the word confirmed when talking about 3DS version coming later. Might not is used in that IGN article.

They have a whole year less at this point. I expect a delay. Even if there is delay, it doesn't guarantee no cuts, as Brawl was delayed as well. They haven't confirmed all the modes. There's no story mode in Smash 4, but that doesn't prevent a Smash 4 from having an adventure mode similar to Melee.

There is a possibility of cuts. Possible cuts are part of the roster discussion. Sakurai has admitted they are possible.

If anyone doesn't like talking about cuts, then you probably shouldn't be in the roster discussion thread.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We got 9 veterans (7 from 64, 1 from Melee, 1 from Brawl) + 3 newcomers at E3 2013. What if we get 9 more veterans and 3 more newcomers before 2014?

July - 1 veteran (Brawl)
August - 1 veteran (64)
September - 2 veterans (Melee, Brawl)
October - 2 veterans (64, Melee)
November - 3 veterans (Brawl, 64, Melee)
December - 3 newcomers (via a Nintendo Direct six months after E3 2013)

And then we could have 24 characters confirmed by December 31, 2013! :awesome:

October
Jigglypuff - October 11, 2013 (the day before Pokemon X & Y comes out - it is a Friday)
Mewtwo - October 23, 1996 (17th anniversary of Pokemon Blue in Japan - it is a Wednesday)

November
Wario - November 2, 1992 (the day before the 21st anniversary of Wario's debut in Super Mario Land 2 in North America - it is a Friday)
Captain Falcon - November 21, 1990 (23rd anniversary of F-Zero in Japan - it is a Thursday)
Zelda - November 23, 2011 (2nd anniversary of Skyward Sword in Japan... but A Link Between Worlds comes out on the 22nd in North America - it is a Friday)
OR
Sheik - November 21, 1998 (15th anniversary of Ocarina of Time in Japan - it is a Thursday)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Okay, I brought up earlier the possibility of seeing both Zelda and Sheik on/near the same day, since A Link Between Worlds and OoT anniversary generally are around the same day in November. Any thoughts on that?
Assuming Sheik returns at all, they probably would be both revealed.

Of course, depending on what happens in October this may might change later on. For now I think it's likely to happen.

?????????????

Smash Master
I think we pretty much know Zelda will be in. The only question with Sheik, I think, comes from people who PREFER Sheik to be replaced by Impa.

Honestly, I don't find that scenario realistic. Sheik wasn't a very relevant character at the time Brawl was released, and since Brawl, we've had Ocarina of Time 3D, plus a Gerudo Valley stage in SSB4.

In any case, that could be a possibility. I wouldn't mind that at all.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think we pretty much know Zelda will be in. The only question with Sheik, I think, comes from people who PREFER Sheik to be replaced by Impa.

Honestly, I don't find that scenario realistic. Sheik wasn't a very relevant character at the time Brawl was released, and since Brawl, we've had Ocarina of Time 3D, plus a Gerudo Valley stage in SSB4.

In any case, that could be a possibility. I wouldn't mind that at all.
Yeah, OoT 3D will hopefully have some effect on the Zelda cast (I'm looking at you, Brawl Ganondorf!) But I doubt Sheik is going anywhere, but I think it'd be pretty cool to see both of them revealed on the same day, like having two pics for that one day.

?????????????

Smash Master
Yeah, OoT 3D will hopefully have some effect on the Zelda cast (I'm looking at you, Brawl Ganondorf!) But I doubt Sheik is going anywhere, but I think it'd be pretty cool to see both of them revealed on the same day, like having two pics for that one day.
With OoT 3D AND WWHD, I really hope Ganondorf sees changes.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
With OoT 3D AND WWHD, I really hope Ganondorf sees changes.
Well, I see it as this: characters like Bowser and Pit have been getting new moves and upgrades. I think Ganondorf should be next in line.

But I don't want all sword, or all strength, or all magic. That's already been done before. A combination between all three of those would be fresh. The closest thing we've had to a combo of all three was Roy with his fire sword.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Takamaru is best lord.
Nope according to Johnknight1, "Landmaster is best lord".
End of story.

morbid did you just like something i posted like 7hrs ago? lol i love you not really but now i see that the like-like is strong with you. :awesome:

@hotfeet, yeah its worth it, its a very underrated game, most people find it fantastic, although sometimes the controls are iffy but overall its great imo.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
We got 9 veterans (7 from 64, 1 from Melee, 1 from Brawl) + 3 newcomers at E3 2013. What if we get 9 more veterans and 3 more newcomers before 2014?

July - 1 veteran (Brawl)
August - 1 veteran (64)
September - 2 veterans (Melee, Brawl)
October - 2 veterans (64, Melee)
November - 3 veterans (Brawl, 64, Melee)
December - 3 newcomers (via a Nintendo Direct six months after E3 2013)

And then we could have 24 characters confirmed by December 31, 2013! :awesome:

October
Jigglypuff - October 11, 2013 (the day before Pokemon X & Y comes out - it is a Friday)
Mewtwo - October 23, 1996 (17th anniversary of Pokemon Blue in Japan - it is a Wednesday)

November
Wario - November 2, 1992 (the day before the 21st anniversary of Wario's debut in Super Mario Land 2 in North America - it is a Friday)
Captain Falcon - November 21, 1990 (23rd anniversary of F-Zero in Japan - it is a Thursday)
Zelda - November 23, 2011 (2nd anniversary of Skyward Sword in Japan... but A Link Between Worlds comes out on the 22nd in North America - it is a Friday)
OR
Sheik - November 21, 1998 (15th anniversary of Ocarina of Time in Japan - it is a Thursday)

I KNEW THERE WAS A PATTERN!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Diddy Kong... you better brace yourself for November! :awesome:

November 1994 was when Donkey Kong Country came out in North America (the 21st) and Japan (the 26th) (for Diddy Kong).
November 21, 1998 was when Ocarina of Time came out in Japan (for Sheik).
November 23, 2011 was when Skyward Sword came out in Japan (for Impa).

You either will have a bittersweet victory (Diddy x Sheik) or a triumphant victory (Diddy x Impa)... though you probably would hold some hope if Zelda was confirmed instead of Sheik.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Changing the subject to Toon Link for a sec, but I'm actually really glad he's returned, even if I was one of the people that cut him off almost all of my rosters. It's nice to see my favorite character back and I'm glad I get to play as him again.

Alright, what we talking about now because all I can tell is that Landmaster is the best Lord.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

November 1994 was when Donkey Kong Country came out in North America (the 21st) and Japan (the 26th) (for Diddy Kong).

You either will have a bittersweet victory (Diddy x Sheik) or a triumphant victory (Diddy x Impa)... though you probably would hold some hope if Zelda was confirmed instead of Sheik.
I'm still not sure about the whole anniversary thing. I mean, I'm sure Sakurai will do that again, but my guess is that it would have to be an EXTREMELY big deal, like the original Super Mario, or OoT, or the first Pokemon games. Something really big.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

You forgot about fire emblem's 10th international anniversary :awesome: (nov 3)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I really think that Pokémon Trainer will be announced in October, along with Mewtwo and/or Sonic.
November is Zelda's month, and... Maybe some unexpected character like Ness or Cap.
December is Diddy Kong and maybe a newcomer or two for the new year.
2014 is anyone's game.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I really think that Pokémon Trainer will be announced in October, along with Mewtwo and/or Sonic.
November is Zelda's month, and... Maybe some unexpected character like Ness or Cap.
December is Diddy Kong and maybe a newcomer or two for the new year.
2014 is anyone's game.
I want Cap as soon as possible. Not only to brush the idiots off who say he's gone, but also because I want to see a Falcon Punch in GLORIOUS HD!

PS: Is it bad that I want the theme song of F-Zero Densetsu in Smash 4?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I want Cap as soon as possible. Not only to brush the idiots off who say he's gone, but also because I want to see a Falcon Punch in GLORIOUS HD!

There are people who say Captain Falcon is gone?
Are they the same ones who think that Ness, Diddy Kong, and King Dedede are gone too?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I had an epiphany over my supper tonight and realized the best sixth gen character ever to show off the new stuff about Pokemon.

Pokemon is introducing both Fairy-types AND mega evos this gen. So what can capture them both?

Still a better character than Dr. Kawashima.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Are people honestly thinking he'd be cut?! Sakurai would NEVER cut a franchise completely, let alone Captain Falcon!

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Wait, people actually say he's gone?
Oh you know the "Muh Recency" people.

No, but in all seriousness, give me "The Meaning of Truth" in Smash Bros 4.

It was mostly a jab at Shokio, but some people think Dedede's "stupid."
He's not stupid, he's lumbering and clumsy. Sure you could go by the anime that says he can't read, but that's not canon.

Are people honestly thinking he'd be cut?! Sakurai would NEVER cut a franchise completely, let alone Captain Falcon!
I've seen people say that they should cut out Sonic and put in Shadow...I don't think this is too far out of the realm of a possibility.

Reznor

work in progress
It was mostly a jab at Shokio, but some people think Dedede's "stupid."
how can people think Dedede is stupid not only is he one of the most important Kirby characters hes super cute and has a fun play style

Shokio the guy who thinks asking for Ridley is like asking for Goku :facepalm:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Oh you know the "Muh Recency" people.

No, but in all seriousness, give me "The Meaning of Truth" in Smash Bros 4.

He's not stupid, he's lumbering and clumsy. Sure you could go by the anime that says he can't read, but that's not canon.
I NEEDA MONSTAH TAH CLOBBAH DAT DERE KIRBEH!
But seriously, why cut Dedede now anyway?
Anyone who researches Smash knows that Sakurai's been trying to get him in there since 64.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"Dedede's a frickin' penguin. PEN-GUIN. Falcons come in all shapes in sizes. How many of y'all ever gon' seen a big penguin? That would look re*voice cracks*tarded as shit!"

Louie G.

Smash Hero
How would you guys react if we got another Sonic rep?
If it were Knuckles I would flip, anyone else I'd be kinda angry about (Tails not so much).
Not that I think it will happen, just wondering.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
"Dedede's a frickin' penguin. PEN-GUIN. Falcons come in all shapes in sizes. How many of y'all ever gon' seen a big penguin? That would look re*voice cracks*tarded as shit!"
Y'know what I'm sayin xInfinite.

How would you guys react if we got another Sonic rep?
If it were Knuckles I would flip, anyone else I'd be kinda angry about (Tails not so much).
Not that I think it will happen, just wondering.
I'd be angry, not only because it wastes a space, but would bring the fanboys into flooding my inbox with "ITLDUHEWSNTAWSTEOFSPACE!TLDUU****NLOSER" and I don't want that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom