• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Reveal predicting is crazy at the moment. If someone would've told me 3 months ago Toon Link would've been revealed before Yoshi I would've looked for a nurse to put the nutter back to bed.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Dude. There is no way Toon Link is getting in. He was a low priority character last time, and plus he's on the train stage. And he's a clone, and Link sucks because of him. :troll:
That's another thing. Can we finally disregard "low priority" as a plausible argument? It's never made any sense to me and is one of the only reasons people doubt Wolf and Jiggs.

xXBlazeMonkeyXx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xXBlazeMonkeyXx
Problems:
Lack of Lucario
Pac-Man getting in over Snake
2 KI reps
Lip
Starfy
Issac>Matthew
Not too shabby though, 7/10
------------------------------------------------------------------
- Lip is a retro character, and will represent the puzzle genre.
- Starfy games is very popular in japan, was an assist trophy in brawl.
- sakurai made ki uprising. (he always praise the games he made) "kirby".

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Morbi

Scavenger
That's another thing. Can we finally disregard "low priority" as a plausible argument? It's never made any sense to me and is one of the only reasons people doubt Wolf and Jiggs.
Yes. Now that Toon Link (about the same priority as Jigglypuff) was revealed as one of the first character outside of the initial trailer, we finally have some ammunition. Jigglypuff is still the same priority she was in Brawl just like Toon Link. Yeah... because... that makes... sense.

#Jigglypuff'sLoyalServant

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Oh my gosh I'm on Tumblr right now (funny, I'm TumblrFamous, I'm on Tumblr, harhar) and I'm looking at people reacting over Toon Link returning.

Except a few generous minorities, the majority is complaining because it means Ghirahim will most likely not be in the game.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh my gosh I'm on Tumblr right now (funny, I'm TumblrFamous, I'm on Tumblr, harhar) and I'm looking at people reacting over Toon Link returning.

Except a few generous minorities, the majority is complaining because it means Ghirahim will most likely not be in the game.
Who even thought Ghirahim would be in the game in the first place? I thought the Jigglypuff naysayers were ridiculous.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Really? He's really no different than Zant to be honest. He's a villain in the Zelda series that's only shown up once, Not really sure if he constitutes being a playable character. Maybe Vaati can be added, he's been in three or four games if I'm not mistaken.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Who even thought Ghirahim would be in the game in the first place? I thought the Jigglypuff naysayers were ridiculous.
Well, if Ghirahim was a recurring Zelda villain, then sure, he should be in. But it was the same situation as Zant, albeit with a more desirable and loquacious personality. He was a one-time villain, a pawn to Ganondorf (in this case Demise), and will most likely, seen by his exit in Skyward Sword, be never seen again in a Zelda game. The only reason people like him so much is because he's, well... Ghirahim. And he's fabulous.

?????????????

Smash Master
And honestly, if we're talking about Zelda villains that AREN'T Ganon/Ganondorf, I thought Zant was better than Ghirahim.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
And honestly, if we're talking about Zelda villains that AREN'T Ganon/Ganondorf, I thought Zant was better than Ghirahim.
You know, I used to really like Ghirahim, but after actually understanding who he is, what he is, and his importance overall, I put my foot down. Granted, if, and this is a big if, he comes back to another Zelda game, then maybe he has some sort of chance.

But I liked Vaati the most. After the Great King of Evil, of course.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Maybe as an overall character, but the big thing people loved about Ghirahim was his fantastic personality, it was something we've never seen to that point in the franchise and it steps away from the usual "Dark, Brooding, I'm going to kill you because I want to" villain of Legend of Zelda. Ghirahim does what he wants because he wants to, at the expense of also resurrecting his master. He wasn't stone-cold like Zant pretended to be, he was insane, without shoving it in your face like Zant did. And not to mention, Zant may be an amazing ballerina, but he ain't got nothing on Ghirahim's fabulous moves:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Personally I thought they were both good villains.

Bizarre characters, but still good antagonists. Neither of them really have a chance. (though I still think Ghirahim would fit in Smash when it comes to a moveset)

?????????????

Smash Master
You know, I used to really like Ghirahim, but after actually understanding who he is, what he is, and his importance overall, I put my foot down. Granted, if, and this is a big if, he comes back to another Zelda game, then maybe he has some sort of chance.
I liked Ghirahim. He was funny, fun to fight, and sometimes threatening. But his entire agenda is "reviving someone stronger." Zant, on the other hand, has his own plans and ambitions; he's just using Ganon's power to accomplish it in a mutual relationship.

Morbi

Scavenger
I liked Ghirahim. He was funny, fun to fight, and sometimes threatening. But his entire agenda is "reviving someone stronger." Zant, on the other hand, has his own plans and ambitions; he's just using Ganon's power to accomplish it in a mutual relationship.
That is exactly how I feel about Jigglypuff. She is funny, fun to fight, and sometimes threatening. :jigglypuff:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That is exactly how I feel about Jigglypuff. She is funny, fun to fight, and sometimes threatening. :jigglypuff:
The only thing horrifying about Jigglypuff in the previous game was THOSE GODDAMN EYES on her Brawl artwork. THEY STARE INTO YOUR SOUL!

Melee, on the other hand, I don't even want to get near it because of how powerful that Rest was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom