• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm starting to lose my faith in humanity even more...
y

Decided to update my roster. I'm gonna do a video about it now, but since the picture is complete, thought I'd share.

No Brawl characters cut as far as I can see, so that's nice.
Sadly, I think there will be cuts, but I don't know which predictions are closer to the truth; those with cuts or without?

?????????????

Smash Master
No Brawl characters cut as far as I can see, so that's nice.
Sadly, I think there will be cuts, but I don't know which predictions are closer to the truth; those with cuts or without?
Yeah, that's the biggest difference with the roster. No cuts anymore. I think it may be the first roster I've made without a single cut.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Yeah, that's the biggest difference with the roster. No cuts anymore. I think it may be the first roster I've made without a single cut.
So swapped out Ike for Toon Zelda? Understandable. I like the roster regardless.

I just hope that there's a character we will never expect to show up, other than WFT and to a lesser extent the villager. But its a fine roster regardless.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sakurai said cuts.
Making a roster without cuts is unlikely, but you're still a genius, don't get me wrong.
Actually not this time.

There is a small chance that we'll have no cuts. He said no one was cut thus far.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Actually not this time.

There is a small chance that we'll have no cuts. He said no one was cut thus far.
There are quite a few characters on e chopping block at the moment though.
Toon Link, Lucas, Wolf, Lucario, Snake, Ike, even SONIC.
I'd be surprised if there were no cuts.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There are quite a few characters on e chopping block at the moment though.
Toon Link, Lucas, Wolf, Lucario, Snake, Ike, even SONIC.
I'd be surprised if there were no cuts.
I would be as well.

I just said that Sakurai hasn't outright guaranteed cuts like in Brawl.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would be as well.

I just said that Sakurai hasn't outright guaranteed cuts like in Brawl.
Right, you are absolutely correct.
But my predicted cuts are Toon Link, Wolf, Ike, Snake, and to a lesser extent Lucas and Lucario.
Anyone who says Sonic, Jiggs, ROB, or the Trainer's Starters are in any danger are probably wrong.

CalumG

Smash Lord
The roster is pretty average.. and generic..
A Roster doesn't need to be a special little snowflake with Nintendog and Kawashima and Shigesato Itoi and Dunsparce to be a good roster. I agree that Pizzadudemanguy's roster could probably do with one extra character that's completely out of left field, but 'generic' doesn't necessarily equal bad - I'd say it's a strong point that you can look at a roster and call it generic, because that means it's normal enough that you can look at it and not think "it ain't gonna happen", which I'm fairly sure every single person thought when they looked at 7 or 8 of the choices on your roster.

Sakurai's unpredictable but he's no idiot; he does, for the most part, appeal to fan demand. There are typically far more 'generic' Newcomers than there are surprise ones, and even the surprise ones more than earned their spot in Smash on their own merit (as opposed to simply being quirky or being in for shock value).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whoever made that Impa roster picture of her in her 3D model instead of her artwork, give that to me please. I'll let it slip that you added her on the Assist Trophy roster if you do. Better sleep with one eye open though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also Pra_Mai is definitely Impa, let's just move on from this topic.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Love how so many people are still assuming Ike is one of the highest probability to be cut. I thought we'd gotten over that. There must still be some people who think Roy got cut for him, or we'd never even consider that.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
In a way that's why I prefer when someone does some stranger choices even if I don't agree with them. It at least leads to discussion past "nice roster".

Not that I agree with some of the weird choices we've had in the past: Nintendogs in particular is a weird one, and I don't exactly want to see multiple 3rd parties from the same franchise; i.e: Putting Sonic AND Tails/Knuckles/Shadow/Metal Sonic on the same roster, but if you want to put Lip, Lyn or Mega Blaziken on there, there's at least something to discuss.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, we're on page 666. :evil:

Interested to know how roster discussion's changed in here in the past few months, I've been absent for a while.

?????????????

Smash Master
Hm. I guess I just didn't care to have more strange choices when we already have Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. I know they're early reveals and I didn't think of them, but...it's strange enough to me.

My older rosters would have had different "surprise" characters in their place, so it's not much different.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hm. I guess I just didn't care to have more strange choices when we already have Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. I know they're early reveals and I didn't think of them, but...it's strange enough to me.

My older rosters would have had different "surprise" characters in their place, so it's not much different.

I pretty much agree with you. We might have *one* surprise character left in Sakurai follows old trends, but WFT is pretty much as WTF as we're going to get, Sakurai even included her partly for that reason. If people are going to post here, they're going to make rosters they feel are the right ones, or the ones they want to see.

I'm not sure what people are expecting. I think we're just desperate for new character reveals.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

In all honesty though, if it wasn't for Sakurai downright wavehanding Villager I don't think we'd have been as surprised by his inclusion. Animal Crossing is HUGELY successful after all, and it was only a matter of time until we would have gotten an AC rep. That comment pretty much shook us all off expecting Villager or the often suggested Tom Nook.

Completely agree with Wii Fit Trainer though, which is a bigger WTF character than R.O.B. by far(who at least had recently appeared in Mario Kart DS at that time). I doubt we'll get anything odder than her, but you never know.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Interested to know how roster discussion's changed in here in the past few months, I've been absent for a while.
Worrying about the hole on the Pyrosphere stage meaning that Ridley is a hazard (which is dumb).
Toad apparently not being debunked because nitwits are in denial.
Wonder Red.
Typical malarkey with stuff like Fire Emblem and Pokemon.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I know there is no way we'd get a 50 character roster, but here is mine. (I'll call this the planned roster) Credit to Ariand/AEM for making awesome icons

I like to take risk with my roster rather than just playing it safe all the time. Ninten could likely be a last minute semi-clone with some tweeks and be the Wolf of the trio. It wouldn't be very hard to redesign him.

Alt. Forms & DLC:
DLC ALT.png

Ninten's Semi-Clone specials:

Neutral B: PK Brain Shock
Forward B: PK Beam
Downward B: Power Sheild (PSI Counter)
Upward B: PK Thunder

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Worrying about the hole on the Pyrosphere stage meaning that Ridley is a hazard (which is dumb).
Toad apparently not being debunked because nitwits are in denial.
Wonder Red.
Typical malarkey with stuff like Fire Emblem and Pokemon.
Yeah, pretty much nailed everything that's going on right now.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Hows this, I found a good alternative!

Although I feel like risking with Geno..
If we get a Rhythm Heaven character, I would expect Karate Joe over Marshal, still don't see Tom Nook, Geno is just plain near impossible, and at least Nintendouji is an actual video game character. Lack of Nintendog and Kawashima is nice to see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom