• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Btw Manly, where am I 'famous' on 4chan? /vg/ or /v/? Cause if it's the latter, I'm either gonna get stalked / harrassed or become 'internet famous'. And I'm not really looking forward to both.

D

Deleted member

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
4th Character*

*Tingle if Sakurai wants a new unique character.
*Worlds Link if Sakurai wants to continue with the concept of a younger Link.

That's my prediction on the matter.

D

Deleted member

Link Zelda Ganondorf Impa is what I predict...

I don't think I'll be right, but I'm sticking to it...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
*Impa if Sakurai is gonna get rid of Zelda's horribly broken mechanic

D

Deleted member

Ah, we're doing joke ideas now?
Ok.

*Groose if Sakurai realizes that he is the true star of Skyward Sword.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
*Groose if Sakurai realizes that he is the true star of Skyward Sword.
Be careful with that, Groose is practically to Skyward Sword as Anthony is to Other M.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Zelda ends up with only 3 characters. I don't really see any characters other than the 4 in Brawl fit, since the series is filled with so many 1 timer characters. I also share the opinion that Link, Zelda and Ganondorf represent the series perfectly as it is, anything beyond that just seems like a bonus to me. Also, Sheik could also be counted as a 4th character, but I'm not like that.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
4th Character*

*Tingle if Sakurai wants a new unique character.
*Worlds Link if Sakurai wants to continue with the concept of a younger Link.

That's my prediction on the matter.
^
I'd probably agree with Golden here. Tingle for newcomer or it's gonna be a new lil' Link.

Whilst not huge on Sheik, I just can't imagine they get rid of her(him?) to replace with Impa. I don't even dislike Impa, I just don't see it becoming a thing.

(also Sakurai obviously loves Sheik; he was going to add a toon version at one point)

D

Deleted member

I'd rather there be no "Toon *insert name*" characters other than Link, to be frank.
No Toon Zelda, no Toon Sheik; just Tetra. JUST Tetra. No transformation.

That's of course if Toon Link comes back, which doesn't seem all that likely to me.

?????????????

Smash Master
I'd be fine with a Toon Zelda, but ONLY if it's part of Tetra's moveset. To me, I don't think of Sheik as an actual representative of the Zelda series, just a part of Zelda's moveset. I would feel the same way about Toon Zelda if she were a part of Tetra's moveset.

D

Deleted member

Seems like a complete waste of a character to just turn them into a simple reskin of another one.
Or an opportunity to give Sheik some new toys.

I forgot, why do you hate Shiek with a burning passion again?
Not Diddy, but I personally want her cause it means removing a stupid Gimmick that doesn't work.

>b-but, it's Zelda's trademark

No, not in Zelda canon, that only happened in one game. Zelda's trademark is using magic, and she's a **** character in the Smash series because of that Gimmick, she can be made decent with it as evidenced by PM, but even on the PM forum people agree that Zelda should lose the transform gimmick.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
No, not in Zelda canon, that only happened in one game. Zelda's trademark is using magic, and she's a **** character in the Smash series because of that Gimmick, she can be made decent with it as evidenced by PM, but even on the PM forum people agree that Zelda should lose the transform gimmick.
The transformation itself is not what makes Zelda a bad character. Poor movement speed, specials, and bad recovery are worse offenders. That being said, I think it'd be better to handle Zelda/Sheik as different slots or in a similar way to Samus/ZSS in brawl.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
While we're on the topic of Impa.... If Impa does become playable, this is what we should get.

This will not just prevent her from replacing Shiek, but we also don't have a heavyweight female fighter in Smash yet.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Wind Waker is going to be selling Wii U's and be at the forefront of the Zelda universe for quite some time.

Tell me again why Toon Link is unlikely while Tingle is a viable choice?

D

Deleted member

The transformation itself is not what makes Zelda a bad character. Poor movement speed, specials, and bad recovery are worse offenders. That being said, I think it'd be better to handle Zelda/Sheik as different slots or in a similar way to Samus/ZSS in brawl.
The deal is, there's no point to the transform gimmick. Neither side really benefits from it, and such a tacked on move with no synergy is NOT how you make a transforming character. Neither one depends on the other really, and there are practically no combos that flow between the two. In addition, both would benefit greatly from the extra special move.

That's why Sheik should go.

Lets not forget, that Sheik only shows up in ONE Zelda game, whereas Impa is a more prominent returning character in the series. I really see no reason as to why she shouldn't replace Sheik, except 'muh tradition' 'nuuuuuu I dun wan no cuts.'

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wind Waker is going to be selling Wii U's and be at the forefront of the Zelda universe for quite some time.

Many people are hanging on to the Spirit Train stage. Or expecting Toon Link to get replaced by ALBW Link, similar to Young Link before him.

D

Deleted member

Tingle is not a viable choice, people are delusional.

>Getting rid of Sheik to replace her with Impa somehow expands Sheik.
They fight in very similar ways, except Impa has more canon abilities she could pull from.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
The deal is, there's no point to the transform gimmick. Neither side really benefits from it, and such a tacked on move with no synergy is NOT how you make a transforming character. Neither one depends on the other really, and there are practically no combos that flow between the two. In addition, both would benefit greatly from the extra special move.

That's why Sheik should go.

Lets not forget, that Sheik only shows up in ONE Zelda game, whereas Impa is a more prominent returning character in the series. I really see no reason as to why she shouldn't replace Sheik, except 'muh tradition' 'nuuuuuu I dun wan no cuts.'
Sheik was planned to be in twilight princess, so let's not render her obsolete. While Impa has made more appearances, Sheik still had more importance storywise than any one of those. Besides, what can Impa do that Sheik can't? They're both Sheikah, so I see no reason to replace one in favor of the other.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Sheik was planned to be in twilight princess, so let's not render her obsolete. While Impa has made more appearances, Sheik still had more importance storywise than any one of those. Besides, what can Impa do that Sheik can't? They're both Sheikah, so I see no reason to replace one in favor of the other.
The only reason I would want Sheik gone and Impa in as the 4th slot is so Zelda can get something out of it. They might buff her up, as they don't need to balance the two if that happens. I'm fine with Sheik staying, Impa coming, Sheik, leaving, I'm fine with anything that happens to the Zelda franchise.

I just want Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf buffed. Is that too much to ask?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Toon Zelda
Tingle
Toon Ganondorf
Toon Zelda/ Tetra
Impa
Ghirahim

The order I see the potential Zelda newcomers at (though I doubt anyone past Tingle.)
I think Toon Zelda/Tetra would be higher. I'd probably place Impa ahead of Toon Ganondorf as well.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I think Toon Zelda/Tetra would be higher. I'd probably place Impa ahead of Toon Ganondorf as well.
TZ/ T would just be redundant, as it would steal Zelda/ Sheik's special gimmick, so unless Sheik is removed, I don't see Tetra being a part of the TZ package. And unless Sakurai needs a last minute clone, I doubt Impa will get in over TG.

D

Deleted member

-Low priority clone that is for all intents and purposes an alternate incarnation of an existing character.
-Ocarina of Time 3D was to OoT and the 3DS what Wind Waker HD is to WW and the Wii U. Do you see the return of OoT Link?
-Spirit Tracks stage with a train conductor Toon Link.

as for why Tingle is viable:

-Very notable and recurring character that has his own games (no other Zelda character can claim this unless you want to count those two CD-I games).
-Offers unique fighting style.

Unlike what Manly says, it is more delusional to believe Impa will take Sheik's place than it is to say Tingle isn't viable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
TZ/ T would just be redundant, as it would steal Zelda/ Sheik's special gimmick, so unless Sheik is removed, I don't see Tetra being a part of the TZ package. And unless Sakurai needs a last minute clone, I doubt Impa will get in over TG.
Well, we did have Toon Zelda/Toon "Sheik" planned for Brawl, so it isn't that impossible.

The problem I see with Toon Ganon is that he has only appeared in one game, Wind Waker, and it's remake, while Impa has been around for far longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom