• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
He apparently loves to taunt us, as shown by this pic.
Here's a hole! What does it mean?! I won't tell you, so here's a picture of Peach looking dreamily at Link. Also, am I the only one who notices that this hallway doesn't even have any break-off points? It's basically a small narrow hallway that leads from one wall to another wall...WHO DESIGNED THIS PLACE?!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Because a large friggin' image is necessary to tell us that.

It was my first too, though. I never even knew about Zero Two until 8 or so years later, after having unlocked the song in Brawl. It blew my mind.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Waddle Dee is Dedede's right hand man and it would be unique in Smash Brothers. I have yet to see an existing Smash Brothers character utilize a spear. Right hand Man is right, he's so much his right hand man he's being thrown out of his left hand at people in Smash Bros.

The designs? Sure. The actual enemies themselves? Not so much. Because the consistent use of Dark isn't skeptical.
Well first of all, there are thirteen. Nope, Eleven. Nightmare in Dreamland and Super Star Ultra are remakes and therefore don't count, as I stated.

Even with Squeak Squad, your eight out of eleven has been shot down to four out of thirteen. Five out of eleven actually, with Dark Nebula plus his appearance in Mass Attack as the ultimate challenge.
Then why would you expect it to be the next playable Kirby character for Smash Bros then? Because it strays away from the norm of Kirby and represents a whole other side of the franchise. We have all of Sakurai's main characters, why not a character who's the most important non-sakurai created character to date? Not to mention it's a REAL VILLAIN. Dedede is an antagonist, but he isn't evil and most of the time does good deeds like protecting the Star Rod from Nightmare or protecting the Dark Nebula from the Squeak Squad, while Dark Matter is the opposite. It's the embodiment of sadness, anger and evil, it wants to do nothing more than drown the world in sorrow and suck the life out of Dreamland and Pop Star. It's a villain that the Kirby franchise needs, and will probably be coming back again in the not so distant future, for its influence has been seen throughout the franchise. It has recurrence, it has diversity, and it has importance, I don't see what the problem is.
O2 was the hardest Kirby boss for me.
I don't know about hardest, but it definitely was one of the most disturbing. A Kirby boss that bleeds when you hit it? Kirby games are baby games everyone! :D

As for my first Kirby games...it was Super Star and Nightmare in Dreamland.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Because the consistent use of Dark isn't skeptical.
...what?
Five out of eleven actually, with Dark Nebula plus his appearance in Mass Attack as the ultimate challenge.*
*in a minigame.
Because it strays away from the norm of Kirby and represents a whole other side of the franchise. We have all of Sakurai's main characters, why not a character who's the most important non-sakurai created character to date?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OverlyNarrowSuperlative

Also, importance in this case is incredibly subjective.
t's a villain that the Kirby franchise needs, and will probably be coming back again in the not so distant future, for its influence has been seen throughout the franchise.
Nice to know you can see into the future.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Right hand Man is right, he's so much his right hand man he's being thrown out of his left hand at people in Smash Bros.
Those are Waddle Dees, but not THE Waddle Dee.

Because the consistent use of Dark isn't skeptical.
You can be as skeptical as you want, doesn't mean it's true.
Nope, Eleven. Nightmare in Dreamland and Super Star Ultra are remakes and therefore don't count, as I stated.
I'm under the impression that you decided to not click on the link and just assumed I had included the remakes.
Five out of eleven actually, with Dark Nebula plus his appearance in Mass Attack as the ultimate challenge.
Which is why I said "being the final boss of a minigame doesn't add to your 'overarching villain' theory". Leaving it at four antagonistic appearances, would it not?
Because it strays away from the norm of Kirby and represents a whole other side of the franchise. We have all of Sakurai's main characters, why not a character who's the most important non-sakurai created character to date? Not to mention it's a REAL VILLAIN. Dedede is an antagonist, but he isn't evil and most of the time does good deeds like protecting the Star Rod from Nightmare or protecting the Dark Nebula from the Squeak Squad, while Dark Matter is the opposite. It's the embodiment of sadness, anger and evil, it wants to do nothing more than drown the world in sorrow and suck the life out of Dreamland and Pop Star. It's a villain that the Kirby franchise needs, and will probably be coming back again in the not so distant future, for its influence has been seen throughout the franchise. It has recurrence, it was diversity, and it has importance, I don't see what the problem is.
The problem is that you're saying it has a better chance for Smash than Waddle Dee and it doesn't. By all means, I'd love to see it happen some day. But that day will come after Waddle Dee.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Those are Waddle Dees, but not THE Waddle Dee.

There is no single important Waddle Dee, and if we're talking about Bandana Dee, all he's done is sit in the background during the Masked Dedede battle and be a playable character in one game, which is NOWHERE near as important as Dark Matter. It's like saying a Goomba is important enough to be playable because you had a partner Goomba with you in both the first Paper Mario titles.

You can be as skeptical as you want, doesn't mean it's true.

Doesn't make me wrong either.

I'm under the impression that you decided to not click on the link and just assumed I had included the remakes.

Kirby's Dreamland 1, 2, 3, Kirby 64, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Kirby Squeak Squad, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dreamland. That's eleven.

Which is why I said "being the final boss of a minigame doesn't add to your 'overarching villain' theory". Leaving it at four antagonistic appearances, would it not?

An appearance is an appearance, and his appearance as the final challenge fits quite well.

The problem is that you're saying it has a better chance for Smash than Waddle Dee and it doesn't. By all means, I'd love to see it happen some day. But that day will come after Waddle Dee.

When you say that, it doesn't make sense. If you're talking about Bandana Dee, he's not overly important enough to the franchise to warrant a spot. If you're talking about your average Waddle Dee, they're just generic enemies. In the end, I fail to see how Waddle Dee warrants more.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I really don't find Badanna Dee very interesting or important, but I do think that Dark Matter is both interesting and important.
What would Dark Matter do exactly? It's hard to justify making an eldritch abomination playable and not seem... Off. From a gameplay standpoint, Waddle Dee has a lot more going than Dark Matter in being both easy to invent a moveset for and having a playstyle not already used by other characters.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
There is no single important Waddle Dee, and if we're talking about Bandana Dee, all he's done is sit in the background during the Masked Dedede battle and be a playable character in one game, which is NOWHERE near as important as Dark Matter.

Except he did more than that. He was a miniboss fight in Super Star Ultra, and he had a prominent supporting role in Revenge of the King. He was also an opponent in the original Megaton Punch minigame in KSS. Plus he had a cameo in Mass Attack. Whether that totals to be more "important" than Dark Matter is subjective I suppose, but still.
It's like saying a Goomba is important enough to be playable because you had a partner Goomba with you in both the first Paper Mario titles.
Except it isn't. Like, at all.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What would Dark Matter do exactly? It's hard to justify making an eldritch abomination playable and not seem... Off. From a gameplay standpoint, Waddle Dee has a lot more going than Dark Matter in being both easy to invent a moveset for and having a playstyle not already used by other characters.
Quite simple, Swordplay, dark beams, distortion forms, summoning Dark Matter blobs, the dark Matter hands from Squeak Squad, Summoning Dark energy from his sword, Summoning energy blades to rain on the opponent, and a Final Smash will be calling Zero-Two to the battlefield. Quite simple really.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Quite simple, Swordplay, dark beams, distortion forms, summoning Dark Matter blobs, the dark Matter hands from Squeak Squad, Summoning Dark energy from his sword, Summoning energy blades to rain on the opponent, and a Final Smash will be calling Zero-Two to the battlefield. Quite simple really.
Swordplay and dark energy is all but already done plenty. The rest of what you're mentioning is specific moves, not a playstyle.

Again, how does he stand out from the rest of the cast more than Waddle Dee, who would be the sole spear-based fighter of the series?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wouldn't be surprised if Bandana Dee worked itself into a part of Dedede's Side-Special. Either way, I don't think a Kirby newcomer is a good bet, nor personally am I interested in what they have to offer.

Espio264

Smash Ace
The term "semi-clone" makes me wanna push over people in wheel chairs. However, I oddly enjoy the term and idea behind "she-clone".

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Swordplay and dark energy is all but already done plenty. The rest of what you're mentioning is specific moves, not a playstyle.

Again, how does he stand out from the rest of the cast more than Waddle Dee, who would be the sole spear-based fighter of the series?
His move-set style would be based around the use of limited Sword attacks with the mixture of the power of Dark Matter, being able to forge together dark creations out of thin air to attack the opponent. He wouldn't be a character based around his sword, but his sword more like the stick for a maestro, commanding the Dark Matter to do as he pleases. Imagine something like Chaos 0 from Sonic Battle, a character who could take his body and stretch and change it around to amazing proportions to attack, Dark Matter would be almost no different. He could alter his body to create eyes that will fire blasts of energy, the power of raining swords on people has never been done before, The Dark Matter transforming into powerful beasts for Smash attacks to deal heavy damage, the amount of Dark Matter is endless, so so are the possiblities for his moveset. We've had people fight with darkness and fight with swords, but never a fighter who can manipulate the very essence of Darkness in his favour, considering that is what Dark Matter is, complete and utter darkness.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
His move-set style would be based around the use of limited Sword attacks with the mixture of the power of Dark Matter, being able to forge together dark creations out of thin air to attack the opponent. He wouldn't be a character based around his sword, but his sword more like the stick for a maestro, commanding the Dark Matter to do as he pleases. Imagine something like Chaos 0 from Sonic Battle, a character who could take his body and stretch and change it around to amazing proportions to attack, Dark Matter would be almost no different. He could alter his body to create eyes that will fire blasts of energy, the power of raining swords on people has never been done before, The Dark Matter transforming into powerful beasts for Smash attacks to deal heavy damage, the amount of Dark Matter is endless, so so are the possiblities for his moveset. We've had people fight with darkness and fight with swords, but never a fighter who can manipulate the very essence of Darkness in his favour, considering that is what Dark Matter is, complete and utter darkness.
That,my friend,is boss battle material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom