• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
What the Hell are you smoking? No Mew wasn't.

And if you dare quote the false statement of DYKG, I'm going to track you down and whack you upside the head with a 2X4.
"This information comes from a list on Nintendo of Japan's website where Sakurai left a few comments on the game's development. The list was of a collection of video game characters the development team wanted to see enter the Smash Bros. series. Bowser, Peach, Wario, King Dedede, Ganon, Mewtwo, Mew, Toad, and even Banjo & Kazooie and Rare's depiction of James Bond scored highly on the list." ~ Super Smash Bros. DYKG

Come at me. I need the company. I'm so lonely. ;-;

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
"This information comes from a list on Nintendo of Japan's website where Sakurai left a few comments on the game's development. The list was of a collection of video game characters the development team wanted to see enter the Smash Bros. series. Bowser, Peach, Wario, King Dedede, Ganon, Mewtwo, Mew, Toad, and even Banjo & Kazooie and Rare's depiction of James Bond scored highly on the list." ~ Super Smash Bros. DYKG

Come at me. I need the company. I'm so lonely. ;-;
Yeah, those were some of the characters that scored highly on the Melee poll, not necessarily ones that were actually considered or planned. DYKG is wrong.

Melee poll results.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Let's talk about ALL Meowth all the time!

People can talk crap about the 4th Gen of Pokemon all they want, I still think Heartgold/Soulsilver and Platinum are the best Pokemon games ever made.
Well HS and SS were fantastic remakes... platinum well...lol

yeah yeah very late, but i was reading those awful last pages, i swear everytime i come on this thread 64 and you always fight lol.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Yeah, those were some of the characters that scored highly on the Melee poll, not necessarily ones that were actually considered or planned. DYKG is wrong.

Melee poll results.
Ah. Well that proves that then. Either way, my point that sparked this subject in the first place wasn't that much about Mew in the first place, though. It was the point that there is no evidence that Brawl's character priority will necessarily be the same this time around.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well HS and SS were fantastic remakes... platinum well...lol

yeah yeah very late, but i was reading those awful last pages, i swear everytime i come on this thread 64 and you always fight lol.
I don't see what's so bad about Platinum, it took every problem Diamond and Pearl had and fixed it while adding in even more as well. Bland world? Now one of the best with the best art direction. Limited choices in Pokemon? 60 more pokemon with the best available choices for team constructing. Expanding on the story of Cyrus (27 years old my ass, his sprite looks like a blue-haired Christopher Walken) and adding in the uniqueness of the Distortion World and Giratina, who has one of the best legendary themes (next to Ho-oh in Heartgold). There's so much to love about Platinum, especially when there's barely anything I can say bad about it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Characters that I think could potentially become Assist Trophies:
View attachment 2521
Let's see
>Bowser Jr. - Dear God no! He's next in line for a Mario newcomer.
>Porky - I'd be disappointed if he becomes an assist trophy. He's better off as a boss, if he can't be playable.
>Krystal - I don't want to dare to imagine the backlash.... *shudder*
>Skull Kid should be boss imo.

Charging Chuck would be hilarious.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Let's see
>Bowser Jr. - Dear God no! He's next in line for a Mario newcomer.
>Porky - I'd be disappointed if he becomes an assist trophy. He's better off as a boss, if he can't be playable.
>Krystal - I don't want to dare to imagine the backlash.... *shudder*
>Skull Kid should be boss imo.

Charging Chuck would be hilarious.
I think you forgot a certain Blonde British swordsman...

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
It's still a good thing to see a character as an AT. If they're not playable, at the very least they still have presence on the battlefield. That's more than what most characters can say.

Thinking even longer-term and less official about it, it becomes easier to hack Smash Bros. and create a model-swap for said character if they're an AT. There's at least that much to look forward to.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm surprised Bowser Jr wasn't an assist trophy in Brawl. And I still think Paper Mario is going to be our next Mario Newcomer

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm surprised Bowser Jr wasn't an assist trophy in Brawl. And I still think Paper Mario is going to be our next Mario Newcomer
I'm surprised Bowser Jr. just had a trophy and two stickers in Brawl. But then again, he didn't really rise into his important position until the mid-Wii era.
also I see why Paper Mario would be cool, but I don't see what him makes so darn likely anymore

Also Hotfeet, I like the avatar. It's a shame we won't see a Beck costume in Half-Genie Hero though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Waddle Dee is just a fourth playable character.
He is also King Dedede's right hand man.
He's not as important to the series as the other 3 and this artwork does not represent the main characters of Kirby.
What doesn't make Waddle Dee important to the franchise? He represents the entire Waddle Dee species, he's been in several Kirby games as Dedede's personal assistant (taking the role of Escargoon in the Kirby games), and he introduces something new that previous Smash contenders can't offer.
Just like Toad I don't think he's moving out of Dedede's move set.
Well to be fair, Waddle Dee was never part of Dedede's moveset in the first place so...
Dark Matter still fits better in my honest opinion
Dark Matter is cool and all, but he'd make a much better boss in my opinion.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Every time you say "semi - clone", a bag of kittens is thrown in a river.

Every time you say "due to time constraints", a bag of puppies is thrown under a street sweeper.

Save the baby animals. Sonic does it, and he seems to be pretty on the ball.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So the topic is Palutena and Waddle Dee?
Cool, two characters that intrigue me.
Palutena I see as almost a definite. She represents a franchise recently revived from the dead by the creator of Smash no less, and seriously, even if Kid Icarus doesn't NEED a new rep, it's probably going to get one. Plus, Palutena would be a unique character, a female (a heavyweight one at that, would be interesting) and a magic user (last I checked, Smash needs more of those).
Waddle Dee is an interesting case. He IS recurring, if that is an argument. He originated in Super Star, and got a bigger role in each game he was in. Even in Kirby Dream Collection, he was included in the big 4: Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Waddle Dee. We are yet to see if this is enough to get him into Smash, but I wouldn't be against it. I do see Kirby getting 4 reps...
Just not this time around.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Who is then? He is the obvious 4th rep.
The obvious fourth rep is Dark Matter, not Waddle Dee. Overarching villain of the franchise >>> Generic Goomba Enemy

Dark Matter is cool and all, but he'd make a much better boss in my opinion.
Zero or Miracle Matter can be the boss, but the actual Dark Matter of Kirby's Dreamland 2 & 3 and Kirby Mass Attack is a perfect playable character.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The obvious fourth rep is Dark Matter, not Waddle Dee. Overarching villain of the franchise >>> Generic Goomba Enemy
:/
But how would it work?
Seriously, Waddle Dee has his moveset all laid out for him.
Dark Matter shoots Dark Matter. And turns into a Kirby clone. And weilds a sword on occasion.
Yeah, come to think of it, he does do some stuff, but Waddle Dee is almost more occurring than Dark Matter at the moment. And for the record, if a Kirby 4 player Wii U game comes out, you can bet that it will be Waddle Dee as the 4th character playable, not Dark Matter.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
:/
But how would it work?
Seriously, Waddle Dee has his moveset all laid out for him.
Dark Matter shoots Dark Matter. And turns into a Kirby clone. And weilds a sword on occasion.
Yeah, come to think of it, he does do some stuff, but Waddle Dee is almost more occurring than Dark Matter at the moment. And for the record, if a Kirby 4 player Wii U game comes out, you can bet that it will be Waddle Dee as the 4th character playable, not Dark Matter.
Dark Matter was a swordsman who use energy blades, distortion forms, dark beams, and more. He has a ton to work with, but even if Waddle Dee is more reoccurring, it's just a basic enemy. It's like the people that advocated for Knuckle Joe, it's a horrible choice as it's nothing more than a basic enemy. And of course Dark Matter wouldn't be playable. You think that the biggest threat to Pop Star and the influence of many of the series' villains, including Dedede on a couple of occasions, would ever be playable?

Espio264

Smash Ace
What's wrong with Galacta-Knight? Oh... :facepalm:
He could be similar to Meta-Knight.
Nothing's wrong with him, but wouldn't you rather they make him a unique character, rather than a half @$$ed inclusion for the sake of four Kirby characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom