• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
But he's an iconic Nintendo character for most Nintendo fans, just like Tom Nook.

I kind of feel like his "iconic" status seems higher on SmashBoards than it actually is. I mean, yes, a lot of people remember the dog mocking them when they missed a shot. I also remember this irritation. What I don't really understand is how that warrants his inclusion as a playable character instead of something like an Assist Trophy.

(I'm choosing this topic since I don't know enough about Pokemon)

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I made my most recent roster for SSB4. Tell me what you all think:

It really sucks that Nintendo went third party in 2001 with the failure of the gamecube. But I'm looking forward to fight against Mario with Sonic in Sega Smash Bros 4 for my Zii U.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I made my most recent roster for SSB4. Tell me what you all think:

It really sucks that Nintendo went third party in 2001 with the failure of the gamecube. But I'm looking forward to fight against Mario with Sonic in Sega Smash Bros 4 for my Zii U.
I don't think Nazagira Zakuray is going to add 7 Sonic reps.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Here is all the characters on my roster:
Sonic Series
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Amy Rose
Metal Sonic
Dr. Eggman
Shadow
Alexx Kidd (Alex Kidd)
Billy Hatcher (Billy Hatcher)
Vectorman(Vectorman)
Mega Man (Mega Man)
Shenmue Series
Ryo Hazuki
Lan Di
NiGHTS Series
Nights
Reala
Ulala (Space Channel 5)
Isaac Washington (House of Dead)
Aiai (Super Monkeyball)
Streets of Rage Series
Axel Stone
Blaze Fielding
Amigo (Samba De Amigo)
Panzer Dragoon Series
Edge
Orta
Kasuma Kiryu (Yakuzi)
Valkyria Chronicles
Alicia Melchiott
Welkin Gunther
Selvaria Bles
Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
Sakura Taisen Series
Sakura Shinguji
Ichiro Ogami
Phantasy Star Series
Alis Landale
Chaz Ashley
Hunter (Phantasy Star Online)
Skies of Arcadia Series
Vyse
Aika
Virtua Fighter Series
Akira Yuki
Sarah Bryant
Dural
Golden Axe Series
Gilius Thunderhead
Death Adder
Mario (Super Mario)
Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
Jack Cayman (Madworld)
Gunstar Red (Gunstar Heroes)
Jet Set Radio Series
Beat
Gum

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I haven't but I'm planning to after I get Y and Black 2 or White 2
I guarantee you'll love it, it's like a much faster paced Diamond and Pearl, no super-slow battles! :D

No, it's not. Jiggs is a fairy Pokemon in gen 6 and a 3 time vet. She has been more advertised in games than Meowth has. Plusle & Minun would replace Jiggs before he would.

Here is what Meowth has:

1. Appears as an anime character
  2. ......
  3. ...
You do know that next to Pikachu, Meowth is the second most important pokemon to the anime, and will continue to be important until the anime reaches its end. Also, Pikachu got most of its popularity from the anime as well, so are we to rule out Pikachu because he appears in the anime as the main pokemon? It's because of his role in the anime that Pikachu even became the mascot of Pokemon.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Let's talk about ALL Meowth all the time!

People can talk crap about the 4th Gen of Pokemon all they want, I still think Heartgold/Soulsilver and Platinum are the best Pokemon games ever made.

While it's not my favorite, I did end up enjoying Platinum more after replaying it again. I'm still not too fond of some things like the dropoff after the Galactic plot, but I saw some of the good things that I missed the first go around.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I don't think Nazagira Zakuray is going to add 7 Sonic reps.
yeah, but he's just the producer. Takashi Iizuka is director along with some independer developer named Masahiro Sakurai.

Wow. Site crashed right after I posted my Sega Smash Bros 4 Roster. Did my roster mess with the space time continuum?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I guarantee you'll love it, it's like a much faster paced Diamond and Pearl, no super-slow battles! :D

You do know that next to Pikachu, Meowth is the second most important pokemon to the anime, and will continue to be important until the anime reaches its end. Also, Pikachu got most of its popularity from the anime as well, so are we to rule out Pikachu because he appears in the anime as the main pokemon? It's because of his role in the anime that Pikachu even became the mascot of Pokemon.
We aren't basing this solely off the Anime. Meowth didn't get his own "Pokemon Cat Version", he isn't advertised in any of the new games. There is just no place for him.

What? Are we back? Oh Good! I thought the site just died again!
Good thing the gun I shot myself with wasn't loaded.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
yeah, but he's just the producer. Takashi Iizuka is director along with some independer developer named Masahiro Sakurai.

Wow. Site crashed right after I posted my Sega Smash Bros 4 Roster. Did my roster mess with the space time continuum?
No...your comment altered Arceus' realm, which in term lead to distortions in different realms, leading Palkia and Dialga to finally meet, Anger the demon Giratina, and cause all sorts of natural disasters. In short...you done goofed.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
We aren't basing this solely off the Anime. Meowth didn't get his own "Pokemon Cat Version", he isn't advertised in any of the new games. There is just no place for him.

Good thing the gun I shot myself with wasn't loaded.
The Pokemon Yellow version is based off the anime, so in a sense we did, with Meowth being a part of team Rocket.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Let's talk about something new.
How about new franchises in need of representation?
I'll go first.
PUNCH OUT!!
Let's talk about my Sega Bros roster. It's so good it crashes sites!
News Flash: SEGA now owns Atlus. Jaytalks, add Jack Frost to the roster!
Not familar with Shin Megumi Tensei. Is there any other protagonist (besides Jack Frost? I should add?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to repost this since we got carried away:

With the help of Ariand/AEM's cool icon making abilities, I have made my 45 Character Roster! KEEP IN MIND THAT ZS SAMUS DOES NOT WASTE A SLOT, SHE IS SLOT #46!

Veterans: 31
Newcomers: 14
Semi-Clones: 6
Females (just fun to point out): 9

Keep in mind I don't see Ridley to be "ESSENTIAL" and that I think Toon Link is VERY important to the representation of Zelda.

ALT. Forms & DLC:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm going to repost this since we got carried away:

With the help of Ariand/AEM's cool icon making abilities, I have made my 45 Character Roster! KEEP IN MIND THAT ZS SAMUS DOES NOT WASTE A SLOT, SHE IS SLOT #46!

Veterans: 31
Newcomers: 14
Semi-Clones: 6
Females (just fun to point out): 9

Keep in mind I don't see Ridley to be "ESSENTIAL" and that I think Toon Link is VERY important to the representation of Zelda.

ALT. Forms & DLC:
There is a strong lack of King K. Rool and Falco.

and Jigglypuff.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
RANDOM QUESTION TIME.

So what happens if none of Ridley, K.Rool/Dixie Kong, or Palutena make it into Smash Bros? Chaos? Armageddon?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Jay talks, for your roster I'd add

Ristar

AiAi

And for third parties

Snake

PAC Man
Aiai next to Ryu.
I'll be adding Ristar along with Pulseman to get some game freak back. And SMT.

They have to had made appearance on Sega console prior. I couldn't find any Metal Gear on Sega consoles. I'll look into Pac-Man.

Thanks for the feedback.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Let's talk about my Sega Bros roster. It's so good it crashes sites!

Not familar with Shin Megumi Tensei. Is there any other protagonist (besides Jack Frost? I should add?
The only significant ones I could think of off the bat are Billy and Jimmy from double dragon and the protagonist from persona. From Atlus anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom