• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Mother got 2 reps, and Kid Icarus probably will.
Good point, Bluepikmin!
Although I say cut Lucas, so lets all talk about this (AKA tell me why I'm wrong).

I need to know how to change to Mahogany color on my iPad because I can't do that on my iPad.
I actually just changed my color to green from my iPad.

Edit: Grr.... Double Post.

?????????????

Smash Master
Good point, Bluepikmin!
Although I say cut Lucas, so lets all talk about this (AKA tell me why I'm wrong).
Lucas is still the main protagonist of the latest installment of the Mother series. No new character has taken that role from him.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Good point, Bluepikmin!
Mother and KI did, but not all at once. AC will probably get 2 PC's but not all at once, (unless this is somehow the last smash game)
As for lucas, either they change his moveset or he gets the axe, although I wouldn't like it if mother just got 1 character.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm actually really hoping for a new KI character, most preferably and the most important, Palutena. If we somehoe get three, then Hades, and by a miraculous miracle and the world hasn't exploded yet, Dark Pit.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Lucas is still the main protagonist of the latest installment of the Mother series. No new character has taken that role from him.
Mother and KI did, but not all at once. AC will probably not get 2 PC's but not all at once, (unless this is somehow the last smash game)
As for lucas, either they change his moveset or he gets the axe, although I wouldn't like it if mother just got 1 character.
Mother is a very small series that has not had a game in a while nor does it look like it will be getting another.
Kid Icarus is as well, but it was made extremely relevant through KI:U, plus SO many possible characters.
Lucas is very similar to Ness, even without specials. There is literally nothing that really screams "UNIQUE" about Lucas.

?????????????

Smash Master
Mother is a very small series that has not had a game in a while nor does it look like it will be getting another.
Kid Icarus is as well, but it was made extremely relevant through KI:U, plus SO many possible characters.
Lucas is very similar to Ness, even without specials. There is literally nothing that really screams "UNIQUE" about Lucas.
They fight very differently without specials. Lucas does the psychic based moves while Ness does the bat and yo-yo.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm actually really hoping for a new KI character, most preferably and the most important, Palutena. If we somehoe get three, then Hades, and by a miraculous miracle and the world hasn't exploded yet, Dark Pit.
It's safe to assume KI will get at least 2, probably palutena (unless sakurai throws viridi in there :troll:) and I think magnus will be an assist trophy.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
BluePikmin, I like the roster! Only beefs are two AC reps, Zoroark having more priority than Mewtwo/Lucario, and the Diddy Dixie combo. I'd rather just have the two separate.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well...it already did get a character.
And, while I love both games, I thought MOTHER 3 was better.
Yeah, I should have phrased that better.
I haven't played Mother 3, but Earthbound, in the 30 minutes I played it, made me laugh, tear up, and have a blast more than almost any game I've ever played. In a half and hour. I could have kept playing for hours, but a certain emulator wouldn't let me save...
In general, Earthbound is one of the greatest games I have ever played.

Lucas may not be unique in gameplay terms, but he is important to the Mother series.
So with that logic, I guess Anna would have been added by now, being important to FE.
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Edit: Double post.

?????????????

Smash Master
Yeah, I should have phrased that better.
I haven't played Mother 3, but Earthbound, in the 30 minutes I played it, made me laugh, tear up, and have a blast more than almost any game I've ever played. In a half and hour. I could have kept playing for hours, but a certain emulator wouldn't let me save...
In general, Earthbound is one of the greatest games I have ever played.
MOTHER 3 is at least on par with EarthBound in all those regards, though it varies from person to person. It will definitely make you laugh and tear up (especially tear up; it was created with the intention of being a tear jerker), though some people argue the plot is less interesting than EarthBound. That's opinion, but I do think that MOTHER 3 does a better job with character development, and a better job with gameplay.

?????????????

Smash Master
So with that logic, I guess Anna would have been added by now, being important to FE.
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Edit: Double post.
That's different. Anna is a recurring character, but not that important when compared to others. Lucas is THE main protagonist of his game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This maybe a little of hindsight speaking, but Ike was not a risky pick considering the options. There was no sense of sword user fatigue. He had the most recently released game. And other than Hector, the choice to make him powerhouse in line with RD form contributed most to balance. He also was the only one to come from a 3D game and a home console game. I thinking picking any of the post-Roy FE Lords would have not been risky, but Ike was probably the least risky choice as he stood out the most.
Which brings up a bit of an argument that I do have a bit of an agenda with, which is not so much the weapon itself but how said weapon is handled from the character in question and how the weapon influences the character. Marth and Ike are examples of what I'm talking about, both have a sword and their playstyle is primarily using their swords the Falchion and Ragnell respectively, but their general gameplay are very contrasting due to how the characters utilizes the weapon with Marth having an emphasis on agility and Ike having an emphasis on strength.

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm trying to remember who my most wanted characters during Brawl speculation were. If I remember correctly, it was Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Midna, Wind Waker Link, Ridley, Samurai Goroh, Krystal, Lucario, Duster (yep, Duster), Little Mac, Isaac, Simon Belmont, and Tails.

I'm trying to remember who my most wanted characters during Brawl speculation were. If I remember correctly, it was Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Midna, Wind Waker Link, Ridley, Samurai Goroh, Krystal, Lucario, Duster (yep, Duster), Little Mac, Isaac, Simon Belmont, and Tails.
Oh, and Geno. Yep. I remember that now too.

Gune

Smash Lord
Duster? You sir have great taste.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Which brings up a bit of an argument that I do have a bit of an agenda with, which is not so much the weapon itself but how said weapon is handled from the character in question and how the weapon influences the character. Marth and Ike are examples of what I'm talking about, both have a sword and their playstyle is primarily using their swords the Falchion and Ragnell respectively, but their general gameplay are very contrasting due to how the characters utilizes the weapon with Marth having an emphasis on agility and Ike having an emphasis on strength.
I think each of the potential sword users can each reflect a different sword style from history, and thus have a different flavor of sword user. This would allow for a difference between swords styles and emphasis.

Marth: Spanish Fencer
Ike: Roman Gladiator (Antiquity)
Chrom: German School of Fencing
Lucina: Samurai

and thus:
Marth: Speed
Ike: Strength
Chrom: Agility
Lucina: Technique (in Smash, this would be timing and combos)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Warm greetings one and all! :) Oh how good it is to be back, it's felt like an eternity and a half since I was last here. I hope you're all doing well as well. :)

Edit: Thank you Scatsman for informing me the site is back up.

?????????????

Smash Master
Hey Pizza, just as a helpful tip, if you want to add something to a previous post, just edit it in. Most people don't really like double-post, especially on this forum.
I hate double posts. However, I can't seem to edit my posts; otherwise, I totally would've. When I tap the "edit" button, it just goes blank.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I hate double posts. However, I can't seem to edit my posts; otherwise, I totally would've. When I tap the "edit" button, it just goes blank.
I've had the problem for the longest time. I just go to more options and post that way.

My Current Roster:

I don't know, I feel better about this one but am not sure yet.

Pokemon got cut down to 4 (removing Zoroark) and Sheriff is added. Three cuts in the end (Wolf, Lucario, and Snake).

While Zelda and Mario have 5 reps, I kind of thought how the main three technically have 6. When it comes to Mario the main Mario cast is from Mario to Bowser Jr. The likes of Donkey Kong, Wario, and Yoshi are part of it but also part of their own franchises, thus not actually counting. One of them is still a big influence in the Mario games though, Yoshi (so I in the end count him more Mario than the other two while still counting him as Yoshi's Island). The Zelda roster is simple, there are 5 characters but Sheik basically makes them 6. As for Pokemon, Pikachu,Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo count as one rep each. The Pokemon Trainer counts as three, thus 6 characters. The Pokemon roster will also be heavily X and Y based (updated look and some moves for Pikachu, Jigglypuff gets a slight Fairy makeover, and the Trainer and Mewtwo have Mega-Evolutions as Final Smashes).

Doing this allows room for Sheriff, thus boosting the Retro reps to 5 (and having 2 new reps as what have been seen in the last two games).

16 Newcomers
10 New Franchises (2 Third Party, 2 Retro, 6 Misc).
6 Total Females (+Genderless Pokemon)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Let's see. I had Lucario, Saki, Diddy, Toad, Wind Waker Link, and I believe Pokemon Trainer May. I still stand by these decisions.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I was new to the series, my first Smash game was Melee, bought it during the last days of the Gamecube. So I never knew about the Brawl dojo till probably 2008, so I never speculated anyone.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Quick question for you all since this is coming up soon. I'm designing Meowth's moveset, but I'm not sure about a Final Smash since Meowth's move-pool doesn't exactly have many powerful finishing moves to choose from. I was thinking something like Faint Attack, working something like X-23's Level 3 HC from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but I'm a little low on ideas ATM.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Quick question for you all since this is coming up soon. I'm designing Meowth's moveset, but I'm not sure about a Final Smash since Meowth's move-pool doesn't exactly have many powerful finishing moves to choose from. I was thinking something like Faint Attack, working something like X-23's Level 3 HC from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but I'm a little low on ideas ATM.
Maybe something that isn't in his move pool.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Can you post the special moveset? Just to get a grip on what I'm dealing with.

Oh and welcome back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom