• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I want Snake out, I think Snake is out.
No questions asked. He never fit in, and with this art style, he won't fit in even more.
Sonic is completely safe though, I think we can all agree on that.
I'll just do my best to remember that stating strong opinions as fact is just something you're used to doing. :awesome:

?????????????

Smash Master
I want Snake out, I think Snake is out.
No questions asked. He never fit in, and with this art style, he won't fit in even more.
Sonic is completely safe though, I think we can all agree on that.
Why? Snake was popular, unique, had a new release on Nintendo since Brawl, and he was in DreamMix TV. Perhaps his "art style" looked strange there as well, but I don't think it's a good enough reason to exclude him.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Who thinks Snake is low priority in development. I could see Snake cut, but not Sonic.
I don't think any third-party could truly be low priority. Low priority implies they are planned to be in but time/technical constrains could potentially get in the way. Just because of how many hoops they have to jump through to include a third-party, I'm of the firm belief that any third-party would be high-priority, or not planned at all from the beginning. You wouldn't get the rights to a franchise and then stick it at the bottom of the stack of paperwork and say "maybe we'll include this guy if we have the time". It just doesn't make sense.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Why? Snake was popular, unique, had a new release on Nintendo since Brawl, and he was in DreamMix TV. Perhaps his "art style" looked strange there as well, but I don't think it's a good enough reason to exclude him.
I just have a grudge against Snake.
I hate him in Smash, really I do, I'm sorry.
But you have to admit, he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
He never fit in, and with this art style, he won't fit in even more.
Didn't people say the same thing about Toon Link during the Brawl days? Except it was the other way round since Brawl had a more "realistic" approach compared to Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS.... I don't think art styles really matter....

?????????????

Smash Master
I just have a grudge against Snake.
I hate him in Smash, really I do, I'm sorry.
But you have to admit, he sticks out like a sore thumb.
Everyone sticks out when compared to each other. It's a crossover fighting game. Isn't it already strange seeing Samus and Kirby against eachother? What about Olimar? Pikmin are tiny in Mario Golf, yet almost as big as Mario here.

I just don't think looks should be taken into serious consideration in a crossover. It's an "issue" with pretty much every crossover ever. Besides, they already did it before.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Third parties don't get the same treatment as 1st and 2nd parties you know, they could be out of the roster anytime soon.
Yes, they could - which means they'll either be high priority, or no priority. A third-party couldn't be low priority, they'd have to jump through far too many legal loopholes, and for what? A character that they might put in if they have the time? That's not practical from a business standpoint.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Sakurai would likely keep her because she is easy to program and is probably why he did in Brawl.
Oh, so now we are just deciding what counts as a reason for a character's appearance over another? And what makes you qualified to say Jiggs didn't get in over Mewtwo because of the time it would take to program her???
I figured I'd point this out too, seeing as you tried to put your own words in my mouth. Hypocrite much bro?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yes, they could - which means they'll either be high priority, or no priority. A third-party couldn't be low priority, they'd have to jump through far too many legal loopholes, and for what? A character that they might put in if they have the time? That's not practical from a business standpoint.
Good point.

?????????????

Smash Master
What 3rd parties have good shots, now that we're on the topic?
Hard to say at this point. No one really stands out to me as much as Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man. My personal pick for that topic would be Simon Belmont, but that would be redundant for Konami.

?????????????

Smash Master
Here's my roster, 45 characters :grin:

What do you guys think?
I've never liked the Diddy/Dixie combo thing; I think Diddy is significant enough to be his own character.

I've never been a big fan of a second Kid Icarus character, but I'm not opposed.

I would find the addition of both Takamaru and Prince Sable surprising, but I do like Sable as a surprise character. I wouldn't have both him and Harry, but that's my opinion there.

I really don't see a need to have 2 reps for Animal Crossing.

Zoroark is fine, but I don't think it outprioritizes Lucario or Mewtwo by any means.

Everything else looks fine to me. The only things that really bug me are Zoroark over Lucario/Mewtwo and the Dixie tag, and maybe the Animal Crossing thing.

?????????????

Smash Master
Instead of Meowth or what?
I liked Meowth in your roster,
Also, I'm not an expert like you, but 2 suggestions.
1. No Toon Zelda. Sorry.
2. Paper Mario reps Paper Mario.
Yeah, instead of Meowth. Don't get me wrong, I love the Meowth idea, but I think Lucario is a bigger priority at the moment.

I'm thinking of "Toon Zelda" as "Tetra." I think Tetra is a good character.

I don't see Paper Mario as separate because it still stars Mario. Wario games and some Yoshi games don't even feature Mario, so that makes the difference for me. Otherwise, I wouldn't see Dr. Mario as a part of the Mario series either.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yeah, instead of Meowth. Don't get me wrong, I love the Meowth idea, but I think Lucario is a bigger priority at the moment.

I'm thinking of "Toon Zelda" as "Tetra." I think Tetra is a good character.

I don't see Paper Mario as separate because it still stars Mario. Wario games and some Yoshi games don't even feature Mario, so that makes the difference for me. Otherwise, I wouldn't see Dr. Mario as a part of the Mario series either.
But you went through so much explaining Meowth...
You almost had me convinced he should be in, I did some major thinking.
Even with Toon Link, Zelda technically has 5 reps already. Zelda AND Sheik. Plus, I just don't see it, but I'm no psychic, so you never know.
Paper Mario plays so different than Mario games that I completely believe it should be its on franchise. I guess Dr. Mario is a good point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom