• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I never played a goldensun game but Isaac seems really awesome, I hope to play the games, soon though.

Also, for bosses, I would say a third Ridley (can't use the troll icon on my wii u ._.), but seriously maybe ganon in his beast forme

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think Kyurem would make for a pretty cool boss.
Pun not intended
Marx would also be pretty neat. Seeing him in 3D-model-form for the first time would also be interesting.
Eggman in some big machine would also be fun to see.
I agree, Eggman and Marx would also be really cool along with a multi-formed Kyurem, but Marx actually did have a 3D model if you count the cutscenes in Superstar Ultra.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You guys do remember this is supposed to be a thread for ROSTER discussion.

There's a whole subsection of the forum dedicated to non-roster discussion you know.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I agree, Eggman and Marx would also be really cool along with a multi-formed Kyurem, but Marx actually did have a 3D model if you count the cutscenes in Superstar Ultra.
Wasn't that just little tiny riding on a ball-Marx though? Or did big ol' crazy flying Marx have a model as well? Been a while since I last played that game. Did it show his boss form before the True Arena fight?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Wasn't that just little tiny riding on a ball-Marx though? Or did big ol' crazy flying Marx have a model as well? Been a while since I last played that game. Did it show his boss form before the True Arena fight?
It showed the cutscene of the Marx transformation like it did in the original super star, and also his transformation to Marx Soul in True Arena, so yes.

...That scream still haunts me to this day...

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
There was a cutscene after you defeat Marx showing him blow up in his boss form.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
What about Saki? How do you feel about him?
Same feelings.
Shulk is literally the only Misc character that isn't Little Mac that should be in Smash. There's a lot of potential to make him the people's character due to how well Operation Rainfall did.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Same feelings.
Shulk is literally the only Misc character that isn't Little Mac that should be in Smash. There's a lot of potential to make him the people's character due to how well Operation Rainfall did.
Fair enough. Personally, I want Saki the most in the miscellaneous department. But that's personal preference.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Evening gang. What's the topic? Misc characters? If that's the case I'm hoping for Little Mac and Shulk and maybe one or two more. I've said this before but if the focus is on new rather than existing franchises I'll be very happy.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
show me where he said that
show me the proof
Otherwise you're just sticking words into his mouth.
You're asking me to show where he said he didn't understand what the Paper Mario thing is about???

Theoretically Matthew could be chosen instead of Isaac if the fact Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is where the real story begins is played up.
More so that he is a reboot of Issac. But, the point is that Issac has a bigger world to represent.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Thirding Kyurem, I'd like to see how they would pull him off (and possibly his forms).

Other bosses I'd like would be Kraid, King Boo and Nightmare.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Sometimes stupid things just can't be explained, Ariand. I'll you can do is hope people can learn to put it past them and move on.
................I've literally got no response for this...it's...it's denial...it's denial of the highest calibur...how can someone be this ignorant? Someone PLEEEASE tell him he's the one responsible for the problems, for the love of God.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
^ Not feeding it.

Thirding Kyurem, I'd like to see how they would pull him off (and possibly his forms).

Other bosses I'd like would be Kraid, King Boo and Nightmare.
Bosses I wanna see:

TwinBellows (KI: Uprising)
Big Squiddy (The Legendary Starfy)
Just about any boss from Zelda

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
^ Not feeding it.
Yeah, sure, feed your over-inflated ego instead, that's a much better decision right?

PS: Saying "Not feeding it" is technically giving it attention and thus is feeding it. Nice try.

I'm really the only one who says no to generic giant/dragon bosses? Pokemon has much more to offer than big *** Dragon legendaries.
Kyurem can be alot more than that of your generic giant dragon boss, especially if he's a three-part battle with each of his forms. That, and the movie "Kyurem vs. the Swords of Justice" really showed how amazing the possibilities for the battle could be. Not to mention it's practically in the same place as Rayquaza was in Brawl, the big powerful pokemon from the last big movie before the current one, featuring super-powerful attacks and the like...although the Deoxys movie overall was rather boring.

The amount of denial...IS AS BIG AS SHEEET!
EXPOSED! EXPOSED!

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I'm really the only one who says no to generic giant/dragon bosses? Pokemon has much more to offer than big *** Dragon legendaries.
Yeah, Kyurem is the most generic looking thing ever. When I think giant dragon boss I think big icy chicken-looking thing. It has zero things that set it apart from every other boss-like Pokemon
Not wanting Kyurem as a boss is fine, but you say that like it doesn't set itself apart at all. That's not to say that Deoxys or Arceus or something wouldn't make interesting bosses, but give Kyurem some credit.
Regigigas would also be pretty cool. Maybe incorporate the Regi trio into the fight as well somehow.

?????????????

Smash Master
So, here's a random tangent.

In my last SSB4 idea video, I thought of the Hero from Dragon Quest. I see it's been discussed here (a little), but it almost never got brought up on YouTube, so I don't know what the general feedback would be.

I like the idea of Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man; each 3rd party character is representing a company, so I always thought it would be cool to represent Square-Enix, but there always seemed to be a glaring problem with every potential candidate. I've started thinking that the Hero from Dragon Quest could really work for this position. Thoughts?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Regigas can be a very slow, but giant boss that does incredible damage if on contact. Maybe it can have hyper beam to.
I love the idea of a Regigigas boss, but how big is Regigigas exactly?

(Looks up the size)

Regigigas is 12'02"...about the size of Ridley kneeling down in Super Metroid. I don't know if that's classified as giant, but it'd still be interesting. Hell, this is the pokemon that pulled the continents together...with ROPES...I say yes to this.

So, here's a random tangent.

In my last SSB4 idea video, I thought of the Hero from Dragon Quest. I see it's been discussed here (a little), but it almost never got brought up on YouTube, so I don't know what the general feedback would be.

I like the idea of Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man; each 3rd party character is representing a company, so I always thought it would be cool to represent Square-Enix, but there always seemed to be a glaring problem with every potential candidate. I've started thinking that the Hero from Dragon Quest could really work for this position. Thoughts?
I think it can definitely work, and I can also say that your choice of Dragon Quest Hero is confirmed for the "Up To you" 10 choices and will be done second after Waluigi, but most people would probably tell you Rocket is more likely or a better choice than that of the Dragon Quest Hero.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
i would say i love isaac more than mathew but im hoping mathew gets in because isaac doesnt look as good when rendered in 3d. isaacs hair, while awesome, just cant be duplicated unless its drawn... and mathews clothes look a but more legit.

CalumG

Smash Lord
................I've literally got no response for this...it's...it's denial...it's denial of the highest calibur...how can someone be this ignorant? Someone PLEEEASE tell him he's the one responsible for the problems, for the love of God.
That implies he'd actually listen to the criticism if anybody else told him that (which we have, multiple times). xD

Also guys, can we keep the music out of this thread, or at the very least link it instead of embedding it? 8+ videos on one page will start to slow down many peoples phones or tablets and that problem is compounded by people quoting other posts with embedded videos (a post with 3 videos suddenly becomes a post with 6, and so on).

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That implies he'd actually listen to the criticism if anybody else told him that (which we have, multiple times). xD

Also guys, can we keep the music out of this thread, or at the very least link it instead of embedding it? 8+ videos on one page will start to slow down many peoples phones or tablets and that problem is compounded by people quoting other posts with embedded videos (a post with 3 videos suddenly becomes a post with 6, and so on).
Good point. Well...he's a lost cause then...oh well! :p

And yes, my computer is slowing down majorly from all these videos, so I agree. I have no problem if it was kept to just links though, that'd be just fine and it wouldn't slow the site navigation down.

Edit: The only Square Enix game I even own is Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and that's not even their title, all they did was publish it.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Lets talk about what Pizza was starting, about the Third Parties. We have the best Rep for each of the main 3rd parties (Sonic, Snake, Megaman, and Pacman being the best Rep of their parties). What about Square? What's the priority of their characters, in your eyes?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Lets talk about what Pizza was starting, about the Third Parties. We have the best Rep for each of the main 3rd parties (Sonic, Snake, Megaman, and Pacman being the best Rep of their parties). What about Square? What's the priority of their characters, in your eyes?
Final Fantasy is obviously their biggest franchise, and if they get a chance for representation, they'll most likely use a character from it for representation, most likely Cloud Strife. However, Dragon Quest is also a really big franchise, and Rocket the Slime has been thrown around alot for a possible playable character, and it can definitely work. Other than that, I don't play enough Square Enix games to know who is a good enough choice.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

They'll try to push for Lightning up everyone's noses...

BUT... some credit IS due. They do know what characters to choose for Nintendo crossovers, so their pics might be Ninja, Black Mage, White Mage, or Warrior.
Though I do think CHOCOBO would top all of them, unless Sakurai found a clever way to use a "Party" system (example: Everytime your character executes a SPECIAL move, he is automatically switched to the next character).

?????????????

Smash Master
Well, of course as I mentioned, I like the idea of Hero from Dragon Quest the most. Dragon Quest is one of Sqaure-Enix's biggest and most popular franchises. Slime is also definitely iconic, but I think would be less interesting moveset-wise, plus the Hero is the main character.

Square-Enix's biggest franchise though is obviously Final Fantasy. The "poster child" of this would be Cloud Strife, but I don't think he's had a big enough role in a Nintendo game, although he technically qualifies. A different hero is a possibility, but could come off as lackluster when compared to Cloud. A "Warrior of Light" character or Black Mage could possibly fill the role.

After that, everything else is pretty out there in my opinion. Final Fantasy is Square's big thing, but Dragon Quest is Enix's big thing, so I think it's fair to compare, or in this case represent, Dragon Quest as opposed to Final Fantasy. I would not say the same for other potential franchises, such as Kingdom Hearts.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
I like to throw out Crono as a Square rep. Yes he's not from Final Fantasy but FF doesn't really have a mascot. Slime for Enix could work but Square seems to be be the senior partner in Sqaure-Enix in the west. Dragon Quest though is massive in the East and I can see Slime getting in over any Square character unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom