• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to assume Hotfeet is still ******** about stuff that is irrelevant to what he was originally ******** about and how perfect he is. I'm just going to look the other way.

But about some other music, I'd really like Mt. Itoi from Mother 1
Oh, god the memories are coming back!!!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm going to assume Hotfeet is still *****ing about stuff that is irrelevant to what he was originally *****ing about and how perfect he is. I'm just going to look the other way.

Heh...teenagers, think they own the world and everyone around them is dirt. Of course that comes along with being stuck-up, arrogant and of course narcissism. It doesn't take a psychologist to read the basic patterns of the human brain.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Point # 1: There are several personas of Mario. So what sepearates Paper Mario from Fire Mario, Metal Mario, Dr. Mario, Tanooki Mario, etc. Why would Sakurai choose a character made of Paper if not to make use of this?
1. Visual effect (see: Mr. Game and Watch)
2. Moveset potential. Just because I said Paper Mario could potentially be a semi-clone doesn't mean he couldn't have moves making use of his paper abilities. It could well just be that the only things he shares with Mario are his throws, his Up-B and his Standard-B. Semi-clone does not mean you can't have your own moves.

While Toon Link and Lucas have their own abilities, they so easily have and are well known for sharing the same abilities.
What? Lucas has PK Fire, PK Thunder, PK Freeze and PK Magnet in Brawl. He doesn't even learn any of those moves in his game. Ness, similarly, does not learn PK Fire, PK Thunder or PK Magnet - the extent of the moves they share. Sakurai didn't make Ness and Lucas share moves because they're similar, he did it because it was convenient.

Sakurai also stated he wants Toon Link to be a clone. But, are we to assume he would think the same of Paper Mario
No, we're not to assume he would... but you were far too quick to assert that he absolutely wouldn't. Big difference.

Point # 2: Luigi is Mario's brother, someone with WAY less distinction from Mario and yet has even his own moves and Final Smash. Why wouldn't Paper Mario? If Sakurai wanted a Mario semi-clone why wouldn't he bring back the one he planned for Brawl?
What? Luigi is a semi-clone. There's no reason Paper Mario couldn't be a clone of Mario whilst still being as distinguished as Luigi.

Paper Mario's abilities appear to be what makes him a nominee above other Mario characters and the biggest influence to add him in the first place.
What makes Paper Mario a nominee over other Mario characters is the fact he has four games of his own and mass fan support.

Try again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's lots of music that I want in Smash. Particularly, lots of things from Awakening and Uprising. Man, those were good soundtracks.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Y'know...I really don't get the appeal of Roy. If someone could explain it to me, then great!
Fire+Sword = pure awesome. That's it as far as I'm concerned. Sure, he probably wouldn't have as many supporters/fans if he weren't in Melee, but honestly you could say the same thing about character like the ICs, Captian Falcon, and Sheik.
But my impression right now is that people only want Roy because he was in Melee.
That's only partially true. Most of his supporters probably wouldn't be supporting him if they hadn't been introduced to him in Melee. But I don't think it's just a matter of people wanting him because he was in Melee. Really, you don't see Pichu, Doctor Mario, or Young Link outcompeting every other potential newcomer from their series in popularity polls.(Source)
Granted, the fire sword thing was awesome, but as far as Fire Emblem protagonists go, Roy wasn't that amazing. His stat growths left a lot to be desired, so it took a while for him to be useful. As a result, he wasn't a super popular Lord from a gameplay standpoint.
IMO the "weak Lord" argument doesn't really hold water, since characters in Smash don't really reflect their canon capabilities all that well. If they did, Mewtwo wouldn't have been bottom tier and Samus would be a game breaker.

Also, IMO Roy isn't as bad as people make him out to be. The only thing hurting him is his absurdly late promotion(~chapter 23 I believe), which is kinda ridiculous. Looking purely at stats, he's actually not that bad, and once he gets the SoS he gives Hector and Ephraim a decent run for their money as a powerful GBA Lord.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
this entire argument between saturn and hotfeet i dont even
He still doesn't understand why Paper Mario wouldn't be a semi-clone.
show me where he said that
show me the proof
Otherwise you're just sticking words into his mouth.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
this entire argument between saturn and hotfeet i dont even

show me where he said that
show me the proof
Otherwise you're just sticking words into his mouth.
Tell me about it! DX That four second video summed it up perfectly.

Also I'm totally going to be that guy and say that we're deviating from the topic at hand.
What WAS the topic at hand? Because the last I saw, it was minimal talk of Roy before Noah came in and started creating problems.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Maybe Isaac? We haven't talked about him in a while.
I will honestly say I'd love the inclusion of Isaac, and he's definitely deserving of it. However, I'm unsure if it'll actually happen. However, if he doesn't make it playable, I definitely think he'll be at least an assist trophy again unless the assist trophy function is taken out of the game.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
We can continue talking about Isaac, but I just have a quick question.

Say we get a mode in at least the Wii U version that can allow you to fight bosses like in SSE in Brawl. What kind of boss would you like to see that hasn't already been a boss before?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh well I was hoping to start another discussion but Isaac is okay I guess.
I think that if Isaac doesn't make it in this time around, he's not getting in. His popularity is dwindling too much in Japan, the only thing that keeps him notable is the fact that he's really liked in the west.

I'd be okay with Isaac, but I'd much rather see Shulk above him.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Say we get a mode in at least the Wii U version that can allow you to fight bosses like in SSE in Brawl. What kind of boss would you like to see that hasn't already been a boss before?
I'd like to see Kyurem. And maybe King Boo.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Oh well I was hoping to start another discussion but Isaac is okay I guess.
I think that if Isaac doesn't make it in this time around, he's not getting in. His popularity is dwindling too much in Japan, the only thing that keeps him notable is the fact that he's really liked in the west.

I'd be okay with Isaac, but I'd much rather see Shulk above him.
What about Saki? How do you feel about him?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

I think Kyurem would make for a pretty cool boss.
Pun not intended
Marx would also be pretty neat. Seeing him in 3D-model-form for the first time would also be interesting.
Eggman in some big machine would also be fun to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom