• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ugh, perhaps we should discuss Geno, how would guys react if he was announced?
Quite happy, actually. He's a cool character.

But he's nowhere near deserving, imo. Even Waluigi deserves to be in before him. And as far as Mario RPGs are concerned, Fawful would be more deserving and would be probably be well-received as well.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm still working on the concept myself, but I see Chrom as a stance-switcher, switching between his Exalted Falchion and a lance, based on the situation. I feel this works in a variety of ways, as Fire Emblem itself is a strategy game, so picking the weapon you need to fit the situation is a rather important aspect of the series that as of now isn't shown in Smash.

Essentially, by pressing Down B, Chrom switches his weapon with minimal lag, giving many of his moves different properties. Essentially, in Lance mode, Chrom has a bit more reach, as well as a projectile Javelin for Forward B. Essentially, this stance can whittle the opponent down from a distance, and the moves come out a bit quicker due to the lower weapon weight. In Sword mode, however, the moves have more power, and Chrom's Up B has a healing factor, as a callback to the Exalted Falchion's power, giving him more durability over all. Perhaps he can even initiate certain combos by switching between the weapons during the opponent's hitstun, as it has minimum lag? Not sure on that last part, but it sounds neat.

I'm still working out the kinks and intricacies in it, but that's the basic concept I have for him so far. Additionally, in his Sword moves, he focuses more on lunging at the foe with it, to differentiate the style from Marth's fancy fencing and Ike's heavy sword slams.
Theoretically speaking, if you really wanted to show the best out of this moveset you'd probably need the sword, lance, and axe to generally emphasis the classic weapon triangle. Something of this sort might actually be an interesting proposition, though of course every weapon of choice needs a pro and con with the right amount of balance so none of which feels too weak or too strong.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I see...

So THAT'S why I rarely hang aroun here these days. If a Nintendog roster is "normal" then I'd hate to see your more 'extravagant' rosters (no Nurutu plox).
Yup... such is the state of Smashboards these days. After Sakurai went back on his word about Villager (how he couldn't be a fighter due to being too peaceful) and added the mindrape that is Wii Fit Trainer, half of the board have turned into dribbling messes who assume that "anything goes" or try to defend absolutely absurd characters on account of Sakurai being so supposedly unpredictable.

It's a shame, really.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Yup... such is the state of Smashboards these days. After Sakurai went back on his word about Villager (how he couldn't be a fighter due to being too peaceful) and added the mindrape that is Wii Fit Trainer, half of the board have turned into dribbling messes who assume that "anything goes" or try to defend absolutely absurd characters on account of Sakurai being so supposedly unpredictable.

It's a shame, really.
Can't blame them, really...

I made a wishlist roster in December with over 200 characters, including NES Sports Team, Cubivore, M-09 (Project Hammer), and Flipnote Frog, and even I didn't have Wii Fit Trainer...

CalumG

Smash Lord
How bout Vince from Art Academy, perhaps he could be a better alternative than Bowser Jr.
I'd be 100% okay with this because Bowser Jr. is a character I dislike with a passion. If Vince got in with a paintbrush moveset, it'd take away one of Bowser Jr.'s few unique features... make way for Toad. :p

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
well, at least it's a Nintendo character this time...

Still not, not the worst idea, but I feel it's not a better choice than a lot of other misc. characters. (Starfy, Dillon, Shulk, Isaac, ect.)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My sentiments exactly.

Vince > Bowser Jr. for art-based fighter

Toad > Bowser Jr. for Mario newcomer

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Preposterous! Bowser Jr. is the only real, true artist for Smash! Just take a look at this stunning piece the little prince has made!

Look at the marvelous brush strokes involved in this piece. It must have took him a lot of patience to complete! The round, smooth lines are wonderful, and you can definitely see that Bowser Jr. has a unique art style! In addition, the colours are just captivating! The warm colours are so powerful, they would melt any cold, icy heart! Truly the work of a master artist!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Why?

If you say something about recency, them adding a Fire Emblem rep each game, or cite Roy and Ike as examples of them putting in the most recent lord, then you lose.
Awakening was one of the biggest, most popular Fire Emblem games ever. I think Awakening gets a little more than a stage in Smash 4.

?????????????

Smash Master
What if they used Snake from MGS3 because of Snake Eater 3D? Wouldn't prefer that look, but as a possibility?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
What if they used Snake from MGS3 because of Snake Eater 3D? Wouldn't prefer that look, but as a possibility?
Yup, naked snake would be a nice alternative. Hes still snake (a different being yes, but like link its still the same essential character being represented). Peacewalker snake seems like the best option IMO, hed be able to keep all the same voice overs as well.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Chrom's likeliness and desirability. Also old people.

More specifically, characters we think are highly likely to actually make it into SSB4.
Well Chrom's always had a mixed opinion around here. Personally I wouldn't mind it, but if they were to put in someone else, I wouldn't have a problem with that either. As for the highly likely, knowing how Sakurai thinks, most characters we may think as super-likely may actually not be.

Reading the ****ing thread.
Me lazy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom