• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
FIRE EMBLEM. FIRE EMBLEM EVERYWHERE still think Roy gets in over Chrom
Y'know...I really don't get the appeal of Roy. If someone could explain it to me, then great!

But my impression right now is that people only want Roy because he was in Melee. Granted, the fire sword thing was awesome, but as far as Fire Emblem protagonists go, Roy wasn't that amazing. His stat growths left a lot to be desired, so it took a while for him to be useful. As a result, he wasn't a super popular Lord from a gameplay standpoint. Plus, he was already removed and he hasn't done anything since his game (besides DLC, which has like everybody)...so, why would they bother returning him?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Y'know...I really don't get the appeal of Roy. If someone could explain it to me, then great!

But my impression right now is that people only want Roy because he was in Melee. Granted, the fire sword thing was awesome, but as far as Fire Emblem protagonists go, Roy wasn't that amazing. His stat growths left a lot to be desired, so it took a while for him to be useful. As a result, he wasn't a super popular Lord from a gameplay standpoint. Plus, he was already removed and he hasn't done anything since his game (besides DLC, which has like everybody)...so, why would they bother returning him?
He's still one of the most popular characters, and IS has stated that they want to do a FE6 remake. Roy is still one of the most requested characters for Smash 4. Roy was still planned for Brawl, and I see him as at least being planned for this game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Well, the main thing he has going for him, in my eyes, is being one of the two most popular choices in Japan, as well as relatively popular internationally (going by information that the user Chronobound obtained by visiting Japanese Smash forums). While I personally prefer Chrom, I definitely think that this helps Roy a bit. Plus, fire swords are pretty cool. :p But yeah, I'd prefer Chrom, but Roy wouldn't be too bad either, haha.

?????????????

Smash Master
He's still one of the most popular characters, and IS has stated that they want to do a FE6 remake. Roy is still one of the most requested characters for Smash 4. Roy was still planned for Brawl, and I see him as at least being planned for this game.
But there's still no official announcement of an FE6 remake? That being the case, I still don't see why they would bother returning Roy after having already removed him between Melee and Brawl. I'd say the same about Skull Kid (even though he's never been in SSB); Miyamoto has expressed interest in a Majora's Mask remake, but it's not on the table yet. It's different from Mewtwo, who actually has done something new that warrants a return.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
But there's still no official announcement of an FE6 remake? That being the case, I still don't see why they would bother returning Roy after having already removed him between Melee and Brawl. I'd say the same about Skull Kid (even though he's never been in SSB); Miyamoto has expressed interest in a Majora's Mask remake, but it's not on the table yet. It's different from Mewtwo, who actually has done something new that warrants a return.
I think Roy's removal has less warrant than some think. Sonic was rushed very late in the development cycle, and if he wasn't implemented last-minute, we could of easily seen Roy, Mewtwo, ect. in Smash 4.

?????????????

Smash Master
I think Roy's removal has less warrant than some think. Sonic was rushed very late in the development cycle, and if he wasn't implemented last-minute, we could of easily seen Roy, Mewtwo, ect. in Smash 4.
I feel the opposite on that situation. It didn't seem to me that they had any problem delaying Brawl for things they really wanted to be in there. I think that if they felt Roy was worth it, they could have held out for him.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I feel the opposite on that situation. It didn't seem to me that they had any problem delaying Brawl for things they really wanted to be in there. I think that if they felt Roy was worth it, they could have held out for him.
I think since Brawl was already delayed 3 times, Sakurai didn't want to have a 4th delay. Also, Nintendo may have wanted the game out sooner, as Wii sales weren't doing that well, but had a major spike around Brawl's launch.

CalumG

Smash Lord
You can only delay a game so much before it becomes an inevitable disappointment. The delay we got was fine, but I think the developers knew as well as anybody that the delay for Sonic was a one-time thing. Delaying the game for Roy, Mewtwo etc. might have caused some backlash.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
lets face it, Sonic was a more desirable character to add then those guys were to return. the cut characters were more or less expendable really

Ryuma

Smash Rookie
But still if Roy is planned to return, then that would mean that either Ike is gonna get cut or we won't get an Awekening rep. I don't see it happening even though I'm a Roy-supporter.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
No he just said something to you to get your attention to see if you ignored him. You then said you'd keep him ignored for a short while longer literally right after he tested his theory, proving it to be correct.
My point is that Hotfeet may be known for plain out ignoring evidence and opponents and maybe sometimes getting pissy about it. But, he's never done something so childish as being butthurt over whether Dixie or K. Rool is bigger priority. And now he acts like it's fact that K. Rool is just because he's a villian. He even went as far to straight up LIE by saying Dixie was never planned for Brawl and that the games she was in "Don't count". Even when she's still in more games than K. Rool and Nintendo promotes her way more than K. Rool in and outside of DK.

So ya it's almost like somebody hacked his account, so of course I'm going to ignore somebody that won't drop the subject and completely ignores anything that supports an opposing side to his own opinion.

Who here honestly carest about what character they think is more important when they are both just as likely. Hotfeet just can't seem to get over that, I'm not even entirely sure what it is he wants.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
My point is that Hotfeet may be known for plain out ignoring evidence and opponents and maybe sometimes getting pissy about it. But, he's never done something so childish as being butthurt over whether Dixie or K. Rool is bigger priority. And now he acts like it's fact that K. Rool is just because he's a villian. He even went as far to straight up LIE by saying Dixie was never planned for Brawl and that the games she was in "Don't count". Even when she's still in more games than K. Rool and Nintendo promotes her way more than K. Rool in and outside of DK.

So ya it's almost like somebody hacked his account, so of course I'm going to ignore somebody that won't drop the subject and completely ignores anything that supports an opposing side to his own opinion.

Who here honestly carest about what character they think is more important when they are both just as likely. Hotfeet just can't seem to get over that, I'm not even entirely sure what it is he wants.
Does he seriously think I care about K.Rool and Dixie in this situation and not just his horrible personality? I ain't got a problem with your character choice, what I've got a problem with is your ****ty attitude and demeanor towards anything and everything you disagree with. I also find it hilarious that YOU call me someone who won't drop the subject, when you yourself are bringing up a situation that has nothing to do with anything I was saying, and to think it does is utterly childish. Grow up or get out.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Medusa is not a semi-clone of Palutena!

Medusa could use her snake hair to attack enemies and turn them into stone with her classical Gorgon gaze. Can Palutena do those? I didn't think so!
Five bucks says he calls your post a joke or blocks you for being right.

Edit: HOLY CRAP! I AM PSYCHIC! I AM A KADABRA!

Remind me to never study psychic abilities before bed again... :p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wow. This thread is in the shambles. And not the good kind. I'm gonna take a shower, and hope when I'm out there will be better discussions.

And HotFeet, you are not a Kadabra, you are a Gardevoir.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Five bucks says he calls your post a joke or blocks you for being right.
So because Dixie can use her hair she'll never be a semi-clone of Diddy, and Falco has wings so he'll never be a semi-clone of Fox. Logic much? And nobody is blocking you for being right. What is their for you to be right about?

Does he seriously think I care about K.Rool and Dixie in this situation and not just his horrible personality? I ain't got a problem with your character choice, what I've got a problem with is your ****ty attitude and demeanor towards anything and everything you disagree with. Grow up or get out.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Wow. This thread is in the shambles. And not the good kind. I'm gonna take a shower, and hope when I'm out there will be better discussions.

And HotFeet, you are not a Kadabra, you are a Gardevoir.

U just jelly because this dress is super-comfy. Wait...this isn't a dress is it...:cDAMMIT! WHY COULDN'T I HAVE BEEN A GALLADE?! :cry:

*FWOOSH* You hear that kid? That's the sound of my point sailing clear past your head. I'm not surprised in the slightest, considering there's very little room for you to change. Also, the last time I checked, I don't needlessly bash others no matter what their opinion may be, like someone I know here...OH WAIT. :p

So because Dixie can use her hair she'll never be a semi-clone of Diddy, and Falco has wings so he'll never be a semi-clone of Fox. Logic much? And nobody is blocking you for being right. What is their for you to be right about?
When in the hell was I even TALKING about Dixie?! What's your obsession with that subject?! Let it go! And I wasn't even talking about me! I was talking about your predictable reply to Arcadenik, which I predicted easily since you're easier to read than that of a picture book.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Unless Falco's wings function like actual wings instead of arms, Falco is a flightless bird and must remain a clone of Fox.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Is Hotfeet still rambling on about this? Jeez, I'm just gonna pretend he's right about whatever it is he keeps claiming to be right about and act like he's innocent. That way he'll shut up and we can all move on with the more important discussions at hand.

Unless Falco's wings function like actual wings instead of arms, Falco is a flightless bird and must remain a clone of Fox.
Medusa's hair would he for a Smash tilt, maybe. But, the logic your using is that if a character can do something somebody else can't that they won't be a semi-clone, in which case you are dead wrong.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Medusa's hair would he for a Smash Attack, maybe. But, the logic your using is that if a character can do something somebody else can't that they won't be a semi-clone, in which case you are dead wrong.
*Cough*Paper Mario*Cough*

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
Is Hotfeet still rambling on about this? Jeez, I'm just gonna pretend he's right about whatever it is he keeps claiming to be right about and act like he's innocent. That way he'll shut up and we can all move on with the more important discussions at hand.

Medusa's hair would he for a Smash tilt, maybe. But, the logic your using is that if a character can do something somebody else can't that they won't be a semi-clone, in which case you are dead wrong.

*you're

Groose

Smash Champion
Really is great to see one of my favorite Youtubers here. Pizzamandudeguy, you are the... pizzaman.

Anywho, I've been working on a new roster. The roster critique tournament has really given me some good feedback and interesting ideas. I always try to have some unpredictability in my roster, and I've learned what is good unpredictability and what is bad unpredictability.

I've also learned my lesson about organization. I tried something new, and it just didn't work out.

I'll probably post my new roster tomorrow or something. I'm still agonizing over one final spot.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
*Facepalm* So let me get this straight....you miss the point that you yourself are clearly an asshole towards everybody, think I'm rambling on and actually care about the Dixie/KRool discussion when I clearly stated multiple times that I don't care, and literally think you have some kind of higher ground in an argument that didn't even exist...wow, just wow. I don't know whether to admire you or laugh at you. And innocent? Since when the hell has anything happened to make me look innocent, and what have I done to be guilty? Oh wait, holding onto the past like a vengeful ex-wife, yeah, sure, that's great. Jesus, you talk about Divine Deity so much, but at least that guy tried to change for the better. You, on the other hand, are still narcissistic, shrewd, and all-round a very unpleasant person to be around. If anything, put me back on your ignore list, it'd be better to not have to deal with such a whiny brat like yourself. There's a reason you've been banned multiple times, maybe you should look into that and try to change those problems for the better, because this stubborn 16 year old demeanor is getting you nowhere.

Really is great to see one of my favorite Youtubers here. Pizzamandudeguy, you are the... pizzaman.

Anywho, I've been working on a new roster. The roster critique tournament has really given me some good feedback and interesting ideas. I always try to have some unpredictability in my roster, and I've learned what is good unpredictability and what is bad unpredictability.

I've also learned my lesson about organization. I tried something new, and it just didn't work out.

I'll probably post my new roster tomorrow or something. I'm still agonizing over one final spot.
What's the final spot exactly? And what's the roster look like right now? I may be able to help you out. :)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What music do you guys think should make it into SSB4? I hope the Tetris Theme B stays...
Are we allowed to ask for music from other franchises of a third party company? Because if yes, I'd love to have this in Smash Bros somewhere:

Capcom has such amazing music to pull from, I hope they can get in some tracks from some other franchises of theirs on the Wily Stage.

Edit: Also, if there's a MegaMan stage on the 3DS, this song from Okamiden would be cool too:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
What a nice shower. Anywho, are we talking about music? Because if there is one theme that better be in the games, its Iris's theme in B2W2. Epic music.

I also want to see a remix of Zelda's lullaby.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Are we allowed to ask for music from other franchises of a third party company? Because if yes, I'd love to have this in Smash Bros somewhere:

Capcom has such amazing music to pull from, I hope they can get in some tracks from some other franchises of theirs on the Wily Stage.
As long as we get the actual version, and not the MvC3 remix. That was too upbeat for me compared to the original.

But about some other music, I'd really like Mt. Itoi from Mother 1

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The evidence you cited was something along the lines of it "not seeming like something Sakurai would do". So come on, enlighten me.
Never said that, but ok.

Point # 1: There are several personas of Mario. So what sepearates Paper Mario from Fire Mario, Metal Mario, Dr. Mario, Tanooki Mario, etc. Why would Sakurai choose a character made of Paper if not to make use of this? While Toon Link and Lucas have their own abilities, they so easily have and are well known for sharing the same abilities. They have their own uniqueness's, but they are not as great in number. While Toon Link has a short amount of his own items, he doesn't even have his own Smash Attacks and more commonly uses the items that Adult Link uses.

Sakurai also stated he wants Toon Link to be a clone. But, are we to assume he would think the same of Paper Mario?

Point # 2: Luigi is Mario's brother, someone with WAY less distinction from Mario and yet has even his own moves and Final Smash. Why wouldn't Paper Mario? If Sakurai wanted a Mario semi-clone why wouldn't he bring back the one he planned for Brawl? Or someone with less uniqueness than Paper Mario? Paper Mario's abilities appear to be what makes him a nominee above other Mario characters and the biggest influence to add him in the first place.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
As long as we get the actual version, and not the MvC3 remix. That was too upbeat for me compared to the original.

But about some other music, I'd really like Mt. Itoi from Mother 1
I always liked that song. It was really daunting and really set the mood for the final boss battle against Giegue. It's just too bad that the final boss itself didn't have any initial music.

Also, for more Nintendo-based music:

I will be highly disappointed if this isn't on the 3DS pokemon stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom