• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
So if you're so sure that OoT's time has come and gone, why does Zelda's moveset still utilize spells only obtainable in that specific game? Why shouldn't she still be able to become Sheik if she can still use Naryu's Love, Din's Fire, and Farore's Wind?
Also why are you counting Sheik out after we saw Gerudo Valley as a stage in the 3DS Version? There is no reason for Sheik to not return now.
Being in the Mario universe basically makes you a Mario character. I can accept that DK, Wario, and Yoshi do have unique ones that separate them from Mario. But you yourself called them sub-series, making them under one franchise known as Super Mario Brothers. They are, therefor, technically Mario characters. (Not sure why it matters in the long run, seeing as the only reason why this was brought up was because I suggested that adding any Mario-related character was pretty much adding a Mario character).

I'd like first say that I'm a fan of the Smash Ball-like design. I've tried it a couple of times but to no real success. The way you've ordered the characters are really great too.
I'm very much against cutting characters. If you can't add in a new Fire Emblem character, just don't add one. An Arena Ferox stage doesn't confirm an Awakening character (as both Marth and Ike are present in Awakening as well, so it very well could act as Marth / Ike's home stage despite them not originating in Awakening).
I suppose that's fair. I'd imagine Bowser Jr. behind Toad, and he makes enough sense. I still personally doubt that one will show up, but having one isn't bad by any means.
I will give you props for mentioning Fawful. Best RPG rep imo, since he isn't Mario and a third-party character.
Oh that would be cool for Lucario! It would just be weird eating a healing item and him suddenly mega devolving.

Overall your roster is pretty much perfect in many aspects.
The biggest turn off is no Ike.
Another Mario character isn't really necessary, but it's still welcome.

---

On a new Mother / Earthbound character.
Porky Minch washes all of the competition out of the water (EXCEPT for Masked Man and maaaybe Kumatora, but Porky is easily the most deserving).
I've been thinking about my decision of cutting Ike, and I realized that it might have not been the right choice. I'll probably change it and get rid of Chrom OR Shulk. Not sure which one, though.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I've been thinking about my decision of cutting Ike, and I realized that it might have not been the right choice. I'll probably change it and get rid of Chrom OR Shulk. Not sure which one, though.
Chrom is too likely to cut. Shulk is likely, but Chrom moreso. Keep Chrom, and if you really have to, get rid of Shulk.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Who does everyone think is the most likely about of all of the possible newcomers?
I think (not in order):
Little Mac
Chrom
Palutena
K. Rool
Ridley
Maybe not Ridley too much, but he's up there.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Who does everyone think is the most likely about of all of the possible newcomers?
I think (not in order):
Little Mac
Chrom
Palutena
K. Rool
Ridley
Little Mac, Palutena, Takamaru, Dixie Kong. That's really it for me. (Don't hate on me for finding Dixie more likely!)

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
I think (not in order):
Little Mac
Chrom
Palutena
K. Rool
Ridley
Probably Little Mac, Chrom, Palutena, and K. Rool. I mean, Ridley is likely, but I also have this feeling that he may not get in.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Little Mac, Palutena, Takamaru, Dixie Kong. That's really it for me. (Don't hate on me for finding Dixie more likely!)
Here's the fixed roster. Ike is back, and Shulk was removed.

View attachment 2435
@TumblrFamous
Don't worry, I find Dixie very likely as well. I have a tough time deciding who is most likely out of the 2, so I go by the one I want the most (take a lucky guess who that is). For the record, I forgot Takamaru.

@Jim_Puff
Again, I love the roster.
Bowser Jr. should be gone though. If you need another Mario rep, make it Toad.
(Make it Paper Mario).

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
@TumblrFamous
Don't worry, I find Dixie very likely as well. I have a tough time deciding who is most likely out of the 2, so I go by the one I want the most (take a lucky guess who that is). For the record, I forgot Takamaru.

@Jim_Puff
Again, I love the roster.
Bowser Jr. should be gone though. If you need another Mario rep, make it Toad.
(Make it Paper Mario).
To be honest, Toad, Paper Mario, Bowser Junior...heck even Fawful would be fine with me, its just that Bowser Jr. seems like the more likely character to me.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I have a feeling Roy may get in over Chrom. I may be wrong, but something tells me Roy has a decent chance.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have a feeling Roy may get in over Chrom. I may be wrong, but something tells me Roy has a decent chance.
Personally, I don't care that much about Fire Emblem, although I loved Roy in Melee. I'd want him back. I actually want Lucina the most, but I'd be fine having the fire sword back.

D

Deleted member

I think (not in order):
Little Mac
Chrom
Palutena
K. Rool
Ridley
Little Mac

And Crummy isn't happening people. Not while Ike is around and Roy has firessstuff.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Little Mac

And Crummy isn't happening people. Not while Ike is around and Roy has firessstuff.
Well, he's not deconfirmed yet. He can be made unique, definitely. Honestly, I think he's the best chance for a Stance-based character in Smash, as opposed to the transformations we've had thus far.

D

Deleted member

Well, he's not deconfirmed yet. He can be made unique, definitely. Honestly, I think he's the best chance for a Stance-based character in Smash, as opposed to the transformations we've had thus far.
Stance based character?

Ok, I'm interested. Whatcha got for me possum?

D

Deleted member

Well back to the regular rosters then, how is this then?

>realistic

>PacMan
>Porky
>Lip
>Tom Nook
>Layton
>Mii
>Chrom+Lucina duo
>Diddy+Dixie duo

You're delusional. Not saying those are uninteresting characters (well, some are), but if you've been keeping up with current trends, you should know why many of those are unlikely.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Pretty good sized roster, but the characters are questionable.
3 Mother reps are too much, get rid of Lucas or Porky.
No Diddy+Dixie, make them separate. Same with Chrom+Lucina.
Tom Nook?
Lacking some of my favorites. (K.Rool, Ridley...)
Where is Nintendog? :)

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Still don't see Tom Nook or Porky as a 3rd Mother character. I also think Dixie would be her own character and not a tag team with Diddy. Also, Prof. Layton over Snake probably isn't happening. Other than that, Chrom/10. Your job is to figure out if that's good or bad. :p edit: oh that's chrom and lucina that's unlikely imo, and chrom solo is more likely

CalumG

Smash Lord
So much better. I don't think Tom Nook needs to happen in any way shape or form and Prof. Layton too for that matter, but just removing Nintendog and Dr. Kawashima takes it up a few notches.

Oh and Diddy/Dixie and Chrom/Lucina shouldn't be paired, I've said it before and I'll say it again. All four of them are prominent and distinct enough characters that they should get in as their own characters or not get in at all - not some hybrid that tries to save imaginary roster "slots" whilst still basically being separate characters anyway. Zelda and Sheik are the same person, Ice Climbers are more or less recolours, Samus/Zero-Suit are also the same person and Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard makes sense because Nintendo don't like prioritizing certain starters over others (you have all three or you have none). Diddy/Dixie and Chrom/Lucina don't really have any solid reason to be pairs aside from making this roster look like it has less characters than it really does.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Stance based character?

Ok, I'm interested. Whatcha got for me possum?
I'm still working on the concept myself, but I see Chrom as a stance-switcher, switching between his Exalted Falchion and a lance, based on the situation. I feel this works in a variety of ways, as Fire Emblem itself is a strategy game, so picking the weapon you need to fit the situation is a rather important aspect of the series that as of now isn't shown in Smash.

Essentially, by pressing Down B, Chrom switches his weapon with minimal lag, giving many of his moves different properties. Essentially, in Lance mode, Chrom has a bit more reach, as well as a projectile Javelin for Forward B. Essentially, this stance can whittle the opponent down from a distance, and the moves come out a bit quicker due to the lower weapon weight. In Sword mode, however, the moves have more power, and Chrom's Up B has a healing factor, as a callback to the Exalted Falchion's power, giving him more durability over all. Perhaps he can even initiate certain combos by switching between the weapons during the opponent's hitstun, as it has minimum lag? Not sure on that last part, but it sounds neat.

I'm still working out the kinks and intricacies in it, but that's the basic concept I have for him so far. Additionally, in his Sword moves, he focuses more on lunging at the foe with it, to differentiate the style from Marth's fancy fencing and Ike's heavy sword slams.

CalumG

Smash Lord
>realistic

>PacMan
>Porky
>Lip
>Tom Nook
>Layton
>Mii
>Chrom+Lucina duo
>Diddy+Dixie duo

You're delusional. Not saying those are uninteresting characters (well, some are), but if you've been keeping up with current trends, you should know why many of those are unlikely.
He never said realistic. He said regular. And compared to a roster with Nintendog and Kawashima? Yes, this is regular.

P.S. Don't lump Pac-Man in with the rest of those guys, he actually has a chance. Same with Mii's, as much as I hate to admit it.

D

Deleted member

I think (not in order):
Little Mac
Chrom
Palutena
K. Rool
Ridley
Little Mac, followed by Palutena, King K. Rool and Ridley.

Chrom isn't nearly as likely as people think.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Really? You don't think so? I see Chrom as an almost definite at this point.
Why?

If you say something about recency, them adding a Fire Emblem rep each game, or cite Roy and Ike as examples of them putting in the most recent lord, then you lose.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Still don't see Tom Nook or Porky as a 3rd Mother character. I also think Dixie would be her own character and not a tag team with Diddy. Also, Prof. Layton over Snake probably isn't happening. Other than that, Chrom/10. Your job is to figure out if that's good or bad. :p edit: oh that's chrom and lucina that's unlikely imo, and chrom solo is more likely
It can happen, suppose he wants to fit in Layton after agreeing with Level-5, after time constraints, Snake couldn't be in SSB4.

Why?

If you say something about recency, them adding a Fire Emblem rep each game, or cite Roy and Ike as examples of them putting in the most recent lord, then you lose.
FIre Emblem: Awakening being the biggest FE game ever is one good point to note.

D

Deleted member

I literally just removed it form my sig, but Ike is the most popular lord in the west, Chrom falls back to 5th place behind Hector and Lyn.

Ike and Lucina tie for 1st.

Also, bear in mind that Chrom and Lucina have inflated scores due to recentness. Him getting in would most likely be over Ike, or Roy (or Lyn). Which have more merits for being in.

He never said realistic. He said regular. And compared to a roster with Nintendog and Kawashima? Yes, this is regular.

P.S. Don't lump Pac-Man in with the rest of those guys, he actually has a chance. Same with Mii's, as much as I hate to admit it.

I see...

So THAT'S why I rarely hang aroun here these days. If a Nintendog roster is "normal" then I'd hate to see your more 'extravagant' rosters (no Nurutu plox).

D

Deleted member

He's not. Roy for one is a serious contender who could very well get in. Even if you factor in just Awakening, there is an outside shot of Lucina getting in as well because of how much promotion she is getting.

I'd say Chrom is 50/50 at this point, not near guarantee like most of the community think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom