• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hate the idea of Dark Pit getting in Smash. I don't want more clones. He should remain as one of Pit's recolors.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You know he can be diverse and different enough with other weapons from Uprising, to not be a full clone, rather it be a semi-clone.

If you guys believe in this pic:

You probably should think Dark Pit will be in the game.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
Its very possible for Dark Pit to have a completely different moveset. Then again, being a literal clone of Pit in his own game I doubt he'd feel any different in terms of movement.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You know he can be diverse and different enough with other weapons from Uprising, to not be a full clone, rather it be a semi-clone.

Why? I've seen that pic before, I only see normal Pit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That could easily happen. Wouldn't get my hopes up too high, but it's a possibility.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
If Palutena doesn't make it in, I think the only suitable replacement would be Medusa, simply to create the rivalry from the first game. I think Palutena has a much higher chance.

I just dont want to see Dark Pit get in before the main drivers of the plot. I know he played a somewhat important part in Uprising, but his legacy isnt established as well as the others. Hes pretty much just Pit with an attitude

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh look, it's that picture with the figures and people are looking too deeply into that. AGAIN.
Remember that day when Sakurai complained that people where reading too much into the things he says and does and decided to keep quiet for a whole half year until E3? :rolleyes:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Remember that day when Sakurai complained that people where reading too much into the things he says and does and decided to keep quiet for a whole half year until E3? :rolleyes:
He should of been like Kamiya and just say something like "**** OFF YOU ****HEADS I AM SO DONE WITH THIS HORSECRAP!"

?????????????

Smash Master
Palutena has been possessed and has a lot of "moveset potential" from that incident (moveset potential being what I think your getting at with regards to zelda vs. palutena as a necessary game rep). I think Palutena's chance lay mostly in sakurai favoritism. IF Kid Icarus gets a 2nd rep i do believe it will be her. We have had past instances of Sakurai purposely not reping his own series (kirby) over others to be modest and then with brawl he reped kirby heavily. Who's in and Who's not in entirely rests on sakurai so the biggest deciding factor in any character is...well sakurai. That said, it's a matter of Sakurai either feeling the need to rep KI or purposely NOT rep it in order to be modest about his own games, it could go either way so I think she has a very cut and dry 50/50 chance.
Oh no, I'm not worried about moveset potential at all. Palutena has plenty of that, but Medusa and Hades have plenty of that too. Palutena is definitely a more important character, but I would be much more interested in playing as Medusa or Hades in SSB because I feel like it fits them better than it fits Palutena. Medusa and Hades go out of there way to start fights. Pit is sent out to finish fights. Palutena never fights unless it's completely unavoidable. That's why I would find it more interesting to play as Medusa or Hades over Palutena. I would be more excited to get to play as them.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have saved this thread from the hour long lack of posts.

I feel Palutena is the most deserving and likely KI newcomer, but I wouldn't mind if Medusa or Hades happened to get in instead.

Dark Pit is EXTREMELY unlikely, and not at all deserving. He should remain a palette swap, nothing more.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Oh no, I'm not worried about moveset potential at all. Palutena has plenty of that, but Medusa and Hades have plenty of that too. Palutena is definitely a more important character, but I would be much more interested in playing as Medusa or Hades in SSB because I feel like it fits them better than it fits Palutena. Medusa and Hades go out of there way to start fights. Pit is sent out to finish fights. Palutena never fights unless it's completely unavoidable. That's why I would find it more interesting to play as Medusa or Hades over Palutena. I would be more excited to get to play as them.
I do agree to a certain extent, but that's simply personal preference. I'd be more excited to play as Palutena than Hades, and I'd be pretty excited for Medusa.

We'll see whether or not KI does in fact even get another character. I doubt we'll see three, but who knows?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just view Dark Pit as redundant when it comes to Smash Bros. He can do everything Pit can do, the near identical appearance isn't the only thing I dislike. He'd be a clone, likely comparable to Link and Young Link in Melee, and he doesn't deserve the slot nearly as much as Palutena or Medusa, that's certain.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know they could always redesign Dark Pit if you guys are complaining. In fact I'd imagine he would wear something completely different.
If Sakurai was to give Dark Pit a different design, don't you think he would have done so for Uprising?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If Sakurai was to give Dark Pit a different design, don't you think he would have done so for Uprising?
I guess it was done to emphasis the cliche evil clone trope, then subvert it when it turns out he's not really evil.

By the way, expect divergent character evolution in play if the Kid Icarus series does continue down the line.

D

Deleted member

What if Dark Pit is announced instead of Palutena? How would you guys react?
I'd be very disappointed.

I call that the Toon Link dilemma. It was what I expected out of TL back in the PreBrawl days.

You'd think that by going off that pic Marth, Ness, MK, Wario, G&W and Zsuit Samus will be the next characters to be revealed on the dojo. I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Ridley reveal guys.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In that case, I personally hope Marth, Ness and Game and Watch become starters this time. I mean, we all know they're not going anywhere.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If Medusa and/or Hades gets in over Palutena, I would be very upset.
Palutena has been in every Kid Icarus game yet, and has the games name after her in Japan.
Medusa was in two games, although one, as she was a fake in Uprising. (Whoopsie, spoiler)
Hades was the main villain of Uprising, but only appeared then. That's it, no other KI games.
Palutena is incredibly important to the series, not to mention the fact that she has more moveset potential than the other two (my opinion), and doesn't have to be resized or changed for Super Smash Bros. When you fight her in the Uprising boss battle, she uses light projectiles, counter attacks, and is only a little bigger than Pit (maybe 1.5x his size). I'm not saying the other two can't work but Palutena would not only be interesting, but easy to incorporate into Smash.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
In that case, I personally hope Marth, Ness and Game and Watch become starters this time. I mean, we all know they're not going anywhere.
I actually want all of the original 12 as starters (plus a few extras). I wouldn't mind having to work for the really surprising and exciting characters like K. Rool, Ridley, or Mega Man.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
My top 3 characters for the Kid Icarus series:

- Pit (obviously)
- Dark Pit
- Factor 5's adult Pit

They will not be clones and are totally unique. All teh representation we NEEEED!

But in all seriousness, I'm totally fine if we get Pit and Palutena... if Palutena gets in of course. Though, I won't be upset if we get someone else... Although, Kid Icarus getting another fighter is not guaranteed. Who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom