• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Aww... come on man. You're a pretty cool guy generally. I say generally, because Noah has his ups and downs but by continually making pot-shots at him you're not really being any better at the moment. Writing a whole paragraph slandering him is pretty much exactly what you were saying earlier about how he doesn't drop things - only now it's you who's not dropping it.
I was going to ask if it's safe to unignore Hotfeet444 if he's done being a baby about this. But, I guess I'll come back next winter.

CalumG

Smash Lord
It was more of a test to see whether or not he hid behind the ignore button more or less, and since he hasn't said anything back and knowing he wouldn't be able to resist if he saw what I said, I'm now fairly certain I'm back on the ignore list. So, no harm done right?
Hmm... solid logic. Well played Hotfeet, well played. :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd love for Medusa to get in, but unfortunately KI probably isn't going to get more then one character and Uprising wasn't the kindest to her either. Oh well, maybe next time she'll have better luck.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It was more of a test to see whether or not he hid behind the ignore button more or less, and since he hasn't said anything back and knowing he wouldn't be able to resist if he saw what I said, I'm now fairly certain I'm back on the ignore list. So, no harm done right?
It worked, somehow. Your theory shows to be correct.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'd love for Medusa to get in, but unfortunately KI probably isn't going to get more then one character and Uprising wasn't the kindest to her either. Oh well, maybe next time she'll have better luck.
I used to think Pit was fine on his own just like Wario, Samus, and Yoshi. But Palutena is the Zelda of KI. As for Medusa, Sakurai has been known for bending his own rules and even adding last minute semi-clones, and seems to treat KI just like the other original 8 in the trailer.

Is Hotfeet using the ignore excuse to convince himself he's right again? Did Divine Deity hack his account or something? If I don't want to listen to childish moaning and people not listening to reason then that's my own business. I'll unignore him when he grows up and learns to let stuff go. If anything a guy who just ignores what people say is just as bad with or without a button to make it official.

(still lmao this about King K. Rool & Dixie Kong opinions.)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not exactly sure why Pit appeared alongside the others in the trailer. Probably because his series just recently got revived (sure the game came out over a year ago, but it's not really old) and to show off his new Uprising stuff. It might also mean some good news for Palutena.

It might just be the former though.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm not exactly sure why Pit appeared alongside the others in the trailer. Probably because his series just recently got revived (sure the game came out over a year ago, but it's not really old) and to show off his new Uprising stuff. It might also mean some good news for Palutena.

It might just be the former though.
I think the Kid Icarus franchise is planned to continue SOMEtime in the future.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Is Hotfeet using the ignore excuse to convince himself he's right again? Did Divine Deity hack his account or something? If I don't want to listen to childish moaning and people not listening to reason then that's my own business. I'll unignore him when he grows up and learns to let stuff go. If anything a guy who just ignores what people say is just as bad with or without a button to make it official.

No he just said something to you to get your attention to see if you ignored him. You then said you'd keep him ignored for a short while longer literally right after he tested his theory, proving it to be correct.

also please don't accuse people of making alts after you yourself had already done that Platinum SaturnGamer.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hmm... solid logic. Well played Hotfeet, well played. :p
Why thank you sir. :p And when I'm getting comments like this:

I wouldn't be expecting him to un-do it anytime soon. Seriously, anybody says something about him and he instantly blocks them, but if he says something about someone...A-OK. Very Very nice and sound logic, almost as sound as Mitt Romney's campaign to put roll-down windows in Airplanes. :p

Also, for the time being. Tell him this has nothing to do with K.Rool and Dixie and he's practically lying to himself that it is. I ain't got a problem with your character choice kid, what I've got a problem with is your attitude and how you're acting like a brat. And if you're gonna act like a brat, I'm gonna treat ya like a brat. I'm tired of you causing needless drama, I'm tired of you being defensive over nothing, I'm tired of you misinterpreting the problems you display, I'm tired of you bashing other people for nothing more than a difference in opinion, I'm just tired of you...so please, for everyone's sake, grow a pair of balls and learn to accept the opinions of others. Because until then, I'm going to keep treating you like the immature, narcissistic little brat you are.

I may be calm and carefree most of the time, but when you keep persisting with your bull****, even I can get riled up and pissed off by the attitudes of bratty children. To all of you who are 16 and younger and use this site and thread like proper civilized people without the need of needlessly bashing others, I admire you. And with that, I'm done! Have fun people, he's your problem now! Remember, you've been banned from here multiple times for a reason, and you've yet to realize what those reasons are. Maybe you should look into it.

*PHEW* That felt GOOD! Getting all that of my chest was really really good. And now, to celebrate not having to deal with Noah, Egg Rave Party...

Well, as a certain turtle once said "It doesn't take an engineer to know how to blow up a bridge".

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
There can be some nasty arguments there, and they may get worse soon.

Either way, I plan to simply abandon the thread when such an argument breaks out, unless it's about something I want to defend.
Hey, as long as you have tolerance, you'll be just fine. Sure, things go like this when someone hits their time of the month, but regardless, I assure you that most of the discussion here is purely harmless. Just don't be surprised when people are calling your roster an abomination for no reason other than that of difference in opinion.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hey, as long as you have tolerance, you'll be just fine. Sure, things go like this when someone hits their time of the month, but regardless, I assure you that most of the discussion here is purely harmless. Just don't be surprised when people are calling your roster an abomination for no reason other than that of difference in opinion.
I won't be surprised, people can be like that. (I'd expect that to occur more often on a different website though)

I admit I've gotten a little too defensive and a bit frustrated when defending some things before, though I'm not like that now, it came to my realization quickly.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I won't be surprised, people can be like that. (I'd expect that to occur more often on a different website though)

I admit I've gotten a little too defensive and a bit frustrated when defending some things before, though I'm not like that now, it came to my realization quickly.
And that's good. Realizing flaws and fixing them is a part of becoming a better person with a better sense of logical thinking. And it's not that I, or anyone else, have a problem with you defending what you like. If you like it, defend it, but have reason behind defending it. Also, the best thing to know when you're defending something is when to back off, and from what I've seen, you've got no problem there, so I say you're perfectly fine.

?????????????

Smash Master
I hate people out of Smashboards. Go on any Smash YOUTUBE character prediction not by someone in Smashboards. They make me facepalm so hard it goes through my forehead and hits someone else in the head behind me.
I never joined Smashboards until yesterday.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
its late and i might be going crazy but im starting to think that pkmn trainer gold could appear as a trainer with umbreon and espeon. tell me why that would be a bad idea or why theres a better idea out there.

?????????????

Smash Master
How is that, she is the Zelda of the game. How could it be anyone but her unless Sakurai adds Medusa as a semi-clone of her.
Well, the first thing you gotta know about what I think is that I really don't think Kid Icarus needs a second rep at all. With Zelda then, we don't know whether Zelda would have outprioritzed Ganondorf in Super Smash Bros. since they were both added at the same time. Arguably, Zelda was a higher priority, since she was given a unique moveset all to her own, but I still think Zelda has a different role than Palutena.

Zelda's much more active out on the field to help Link; in early games, following Link around when possible, guiding Link as Sheik, and in later games, using the light arrows in combat. Palutena talks and gives advice, and helps from afar. She's definitely the second most important character, but I think there are other characters in Kid Icarus who are more active in battle than Palutena. I'd say that Zelda has a much more active role in combat than Palutena in the first place, but then with Kid Icarus, I'd say that several characters have a much more active role in combat than Palutena.

It doesn't change Palutena's status as an important character, but it makes me personally much more interested in fighting as a character who is more active in combat, because those character exist in the Kid Icarus universe and Palutena is generally not among them.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
its late and i might be going crazy but im starting to think that pkmn trainer gold could appear as a trainer with umbreon and espeon. tell me why that would be a bad idea or why theres a better idea out there.
If you're going to use a Pokemon Trainer with Umbreon and Espeon...use this guy:

Much more likeable, and all-round badass. Wes is definitely a better choice for a trainer like that.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
If you're going to use a Pokemon Trainer with Umbreon and Espeon...use this guy:

i thought about him but then i thought that if they did use a trainer gold would be more recognized/ hes more part of the core classic games

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
i thought about him but then i thought that if they did use a trainer gold would be more recognized/ hes more part of the core classic games
That is true, he is definitely more iconic/recognized, but it wouldn't feel right to have a trainer like Gold without starter pokemon. They're the pokemon you always start with no matter what in the Gen 2/Gen 4 remake games. I just feel as if it's just slightly odd to have a character like Gold without starter pokemon, but your idea definitely isn't bad. I'm definitely for anything that gives the Eevee family some love in Smash Bros.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
youre right, gold would feel out of place. but i feel like if an eevee character came in they would need a trainer because an evolution idea wouldnt work, switching them would. but these two forms of eevee have been around in a lot of pokemon games. they act as good yin and yang characters meaning one could be an attacker while other is a defender, not to mention they could show off more types than jolteon, flareon, and vaporeon.

ok im definitely starting to see fanboy speculation in my judging but i still think they offer that fresh element to the pokemon family that most rosters are missing

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
youre right, gold would feel out of place. but i feel like if an eevee character came in they would need a trainer because an evolution idea wouldnt work, switching them would. but these two forms of eevee have been around in a lot of pokemon games. they act as good yin and yang characters meaning one could be an attacker while other is a defender, not to mention they could show off more types than jolteon, flareon, and vaporeon.

ok im definitely starting to see fanboy speculation in my judging but i still think they offer that fresh element to the pokemon family that most rosters are missing
Being possibly the strongest advocate of Eevee on this site, I think I can disagree that Eevee needs a switching gimmick to be fully represented. Using many different attacks from Eevee's moves list can easily be done since Eevee's Move pool is quite large for the spot it's in as such a branching pokemon. Also, calling out the other Eeveelutions for a final Smash is a possibility so that every Eeveelution is represented equally. I was even planning on doing a video on it after the Up to You was finished called "Personal Wishes" which would be a five part series of five characters that are unlikely but I'd love to see in Super Smash Bros.

And with that, I am going to bed as I am beyond tired and need to get some sleep. Or I may just stay up to try and get my sleeping schedule back in order...now I'm confuzzled on what to do...HELP ME!

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
hahaha sorry man im not switching back to my old sleeping schedule till monday when school starts

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
hahaha sorry man im not switching back to my old sleeping schedule till monday when school starts
It's a little bigger a deal for me since Tuesday's the start of my first year of Animation. It's kind of a big deal, I'm kinda nervous to be honest. Two years of Art Fundamentals to build up to this...I'm practically shaking. :scared:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Well, the first thing you gotta know about what I think is that I really don't think Kid Icarus needs a second rep at all. With Zelda then, we don't know whether Zelda would have outprioritzed Ganondorf in Super Smash Bros. since they were both added at the same time. Arguably, Zelda was a higher priority, since she was given a unique moveset all to her own, but I still think Zelda has a different role than Palutena.

Zelda's much more active out on the field to help Link; in early games, following Link around when possible, guiding Link as Sheik, and in later games, using the light arrows in combat. Palutena talks and gives advice, and helps from afar. She's definitely the second most important character, but I think there are other characters in Kid Icarus who are more active in battle than Palutena. I'd say that Zelda has a much more active role in combat than Palutena in the first place, but then with Kid Icarus, I'd say that several characters have a much more active role in combat than Palutena.

It doesn't change Palutena's status as an important character, but it makes me personally much more interested in fighting as a character who is more active in combat, because those character exist in the Kid Icarus universe and Palutena is generally not among them.
Palutena has been possessed and has a lot of "moveset potential" from that incident (moveset potential being what I think your getting at with regards to zelda vs. palutena as a necessary game rep). I think Palutena's chance lay mostly in sakurai favoritism. IF Kid Icarus gets a 2nd rep i do believe it will be her. We have had past instances of Sakurai purposely not reping his own series (kirby) over others to be modest and then with brawl he reped kirby heavily. Who's in and Who's not in entirely rests on sakurai so the biggest deciding factor in any character is...well sakurai. That said, it's a matter of Sakurai either feeling the need to rep KI or purposely NOT rep it in order to be modest about his own games, it could go either way so I think she has a very cut and dry 50/50 chance.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
It's a little bigger a deal for me since Tuesday's the start of my first year of Animation. It's kind of a big deal, I'm kinda nervous to be honest. Two years of Art Fundamentals to build up to this...I'm practically shaking. :scared:

good luck. dont let your nerves get to you. youll have one of the best jobs in the world

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I can't really think of a good topic anymore, maybe we should talk about last-minute semi-clones. Perhaps they could be Dark Pit or Dark Samus, but I can't think beyond that.
They could re-add Roy, although he'd be a bit different from Marth now. Maybe Medusa, Dark Samus, or Dark Pit. That's all I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom