• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
There's not much more characters to discuss anymore. Most of the franchises we discussed have been repeated long several times, oftens leading to problem with either representation, or this Nintendo character sucks.
We could always talk about Rhythm Heaven

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
There's not much more characters to discuss anymore. Most of the franchises we discussed have been repeated long several times, oftens leading to problem with either representation, or this Nintendo character sucks.
I guess that's partially true. From what I've seen...

Mario - Add either Toad, Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. Anyone else is blasphemy
Donkey Kong - K.Rool is the big pick, but Dixie is also pretty popular.
Zelda - Tingle and Impa have been tossed around endlessly, and people thinking Toon Link should be cut for Classic Link
Metroid - Ridley and anti-Ridley...and the super rarely seen Dark Samus
Yoshi - Nobody worth mentioning
Kirby - Dark Matter, Bandana Dee or Prince Fluff, pick your poison
Starfox - Adding Krystal is like adding the devil
Pokemon - All over the damn place, but the most prominent pokemon requested are Mewtwo, Lucario and Eevee.
Ice Climbers - They deserve to stay
Fire Emblem - NIGHTMARE FUEL
Mother - Porky and Giegue for the most part.
Kid Icarus - Palutena...Palutena everywhere....and dark Pit...
Wario - Captain Syrup or Ashley
Punch-Out - Either Little Mac or Bust
The Riddle of Murasame Castle - Takamaru or Bust
Joy Mecha Fight - Sukapon or Bust
Golden Sun - Some Yea, some meh
Xenoblade - Strong support, but the rare "doesn't deserve it bcuz one game" sprinkled in between
ROB & Game & Watch - People want to keep them and try to convince stupid people to keep them too.
3rd Parties - WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT HERE!

That's pretty much the summary of what goes on here. Spin the wheel round and round, let's see what topic we have this time.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Yeah but then some people wouldn't give a anyways. :(
Don't worry, I have stockpile.

This if far from the most popular choice, and I'm sure most people are actually against the idea.
However, I see posted occasionally that a Rhythm Heaven representative deserves a spot in the game and I think I agree.
Sure, a stage would fit the series fine, I admit, but I will say that a lot of potential would be wasted to cram the series into a stage.

The biggest problem for Rhythm Heaven isn't the moveset of course, but the character.
Rhythm Heaven doesn't really have a definite main character. There are many choices though.
When it comes down to it, people suggest one of these five:
Karate Joe
Rhythm Girl
Rhythm Monkey
Marshall
Wrestler

Out of these, the only character notable for popularity is Wrestler. However, given his relative unimportance I don't think he has any bit of a chance.

Marshal was the announcer of Rhythm Heaven Fever and was based off of the chorus kids from Rhythm Heaven. This is big because, besides the wrestler, the chorus kids are very recognizable for Rhythm Heaven fans due to their appearance on the boxart of the DS game. Unfortunately, those two roles are all he has in the Rhythm Heaven series and otherwise doesn't have a huge presence in the games.

The most reoccurring character of the list is by far the Rhythm Monkey, appearing in several minigames per game and constantly being featured in graphics advertising or showing off Rhythm Heaven, even having a cameo appearance in Game and Wario. This is where the characters start to get a morsel of a chance, because he's one of very few mainstays in the Rhythm Heaven series. Although, his negative qualities include a relatively bland and unrecognizable look. Other than that, he can share a shred of a shared chance with the next two characters.

Rhythm Girl doesn't appear in very many minigames. In fact, she was only in two which were from the first game, released only in Japan. While for most this would be considered a downside, I'd say it actually improves her chances. While not appearing in many minigames, she has a huge role in marketing the game and appears on the title screen of the second and third games. This kind of omnipresence gives her a chance because she lies outside of the hundreds of other characters in Rhythm Heaven. Maybe not particularly popular or unique in looks, but her stance of being outside of the restrictions of a minigame give her an advantage over most other characters. I've also created an image with a moveset by DonkaFjord. Please take a look.

Karate Joe is the last on the list and in my opinion the most likely. Most people don't know what the hell kind of character Karate Joe is and I don't blame them. In the two localized Rhythm Heaven games he appears in the last minigame of the main game, but in the Japan-only Rhythm Tengoku, he's from the first game you play. He's obviously beloved by the creators because he's appeared in every game since, twice over with two minigames a game. In total he's appeared in 15 out of the 140 minigames of the series due to all the remixes featuring him. Like the Monkey, this is unique among all of the other Rhythm Heaven characters. Something else about him is his monochrome appearance. He's instantly recognizable next to everyone else in the game. Does the white palette appear too similar to Wii Fit Trainer? Maybe, but he can always be his blue coloration by default instead as it's the most common depiction of him anyways. Another thing that puts him ahead of the rest is that he already has a feasible moveset from his own games, and is also a fighter. He's simply an important character to the series and I see him taking the spot before any other Rhythm Heaven character. Also, I've made a moveset for him, please take a look.

Of course, a Rhythm Heaven rep is something that's unlikely in the first place, but it's something I think would be unique and I'd want it to happen.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I guess that's partially true. From what I've seen...

Mario - Add either Toad, Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. Anyone else is blasphemy
Donkey Kong - K.Rool is the big pick, but Dixie is also pretty popular.
Zelda - Tingle and Impa have been tossed around endlessly, and people thinking Toon Link should be cut for Classic Link
Metroid - Ridley and anti-Ridley...and the super rarely seen Dark Samus
Yoshi - Nobody worth mentioning
Kirby - Dark Matter, Bandana Dee or Prince Fluff, pick your poison
Starfox - Adding Krystal is like adding the devil
Pokemon - All over the damn place, but the most prominent pokemon requested are Mewtwo, Lucario and Eevee.
Ice Climbers - They deserve to stay
Fire Emblem - NIGHTMARE FUEL
Mother - Porky and Giegue for the most part.
Kid Icarus - Palutena...Palutena everywhere....and dark Pit...
Wario - Captain Syrup or Ashley
Punch-Out - Either Little Mac or Bust
The Riddle of Murasame Castle - Takamaru or Bust
Joy Mecha Fight - Sukapon or Bust
Golden Sun - Some Yea, some meh
Xenoblade - Strong support, but the rare "doesn't deserve it bcuz one game" sprinkled in between
ROB & Game & Watch - People want to keep them and try to convince stupid people to keep them too.
3rd Parties - WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT HERE!

That's pretty much the summary of what goes on here. Spin the wheel round and round, let's see what topic we have this time.
most prominent pokemon requested are Mewtwo, Lucario and Eevee.
Mewtwo, Lucario and Eevee.
Okay, I'll bite. What? Most prominent Pokemon suggested? The few people who have suggested Eevee are passionate about it, sure, and some people have been led to believe Sylveon somehow means a lot for Eevee's chances - but Meowth, Genesect and even the ever unlikely Pokemon Trainer replacement have been thrown around far more than Eevee. I'm not going to get into my opinion on Eevee and his chances (or lack thereof) but Eevee is not a prominent suggestion from what I've seen... unless I've just been sleeping at all the wrong moments and missing the interesting discussions in this thread.

?????????????

Smash Master
I think Kamek is at least worth mentioning.

I've never seen the big appeal with Palutena myself. I know she's popular and all around here, but I would find several other Kid Icarus characters more interesting.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Alright, quick question...for everyone here. Let's say Reggie makes it into Super Smash Bros, by some hypothetical standpoint or loophole in Sakurai's rules for characters added in Smash Bros...how many of you would main him?
>Implying Reggie doesn't fit in Sakurai's rules to be in Smash.
It's a minor app for the Wii and 3DS, like Dillon and AR Man, nice try.
OKAY, before I explode. I'll humor you. What makes Dillon a "minor app" character.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Okay, I'll bite. What? Most prominent Pokemon suggested? The few people who have suggested Eevee are passionate about it, sure, and some people have been led to believe Sylveon somehow means a lot for Eevee's chances - but Meowth, Genesect and even the ever unlikely Pokemon Trainer replacement have been thrown around far more than Eevee. I'm not going to get into my opinion on Eevee and his chances (or lack thereof) but Eevee is not a prominent suggestion from what I've seen... unless I've just been sleeping at all the wrong moments and missing the interesting discussions in this thread.
It was just a few examples. If you want the real list of most prominent pokemon thrown around...it's Mewtwo, Lucario, Johto Pokemon Trainer, Hoenn Pokemon Trainer, Kalos Pokemon Trainer, Zoroark, Genesect, Eevee, Meowth, Sylveon, etc. What I mean is it's a long list, I just cut it down a bit.

I think Kamek is at least worth mentioning.

I've never seen the big appeal with Palutena myself. I know she's popular and all around here, but I would find several other Kid Icarus characters more interesting.
It was probably how likeable she was in Kid Icarus Uprising that sparked such a fan retort of support for her. And I will easily agree, Palutena in Kid Icarus Uprsing, next to Hades, is probably the most likeable character in the game. She's sassy, she's funny, she's sarcastic, and of course, her famous "Super Bash Sisters" reference when Pit wield the Bow that was designed by Sakurai for Smash Bros Brawl.

>Implying Reggie doesn't fit in Sakurai's rules to be in Smash.
Well, in a way he doesn't. He doesn't originate from videogames, which is one of the prime rules, and he also hasn't appeared in a Nintendo-based title unless you count his special bedsheet designs from New Leaf.

?????????????

Smash Master
It was probably how likeable she was in Kid Icarus Uprising that sparked such a fan retort of support for her. And I will easily agree, Palutena in Kid Icarus Uprsing, next to Hades, is probably the most likeable character in the game. She's sassy, she's funny, she's sarcastic, and of course, her famous "Super Bash Sisters" reference when Pit wield the Bow that was designed by Sakurai for Smash Bros Brawl.
I would find Hades MUCH more interesting as a playable character in SSB. If someone told me, "there will definitely be a second Kid Icarus character in SSB4," I would hope it was Hades.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Of course they would! Because all the Rhythm Heaven characters actually, you know, belong to Nintendo and not the real world.
They are boring. You know a character is boring if SmashChu likes them. :troll:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Well let me ask a similar question regarding a character who was in her position before hand. What made Zelda appealing originally?
Well, in a way he doesn't. He doesn't originate from videogames, which is one of the prime rules, and he also hasn't appeared in a Nintendo-based title unless you count his special bedsheet designs from New Leaf.
I was kidding, but Reggie does fit the bill for most of Sakurai's points, interestingly enough.
If Ridley is deconfirmed, what Metroid rep will you add to your roster?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I would find Hades MUCH more interesting as a playable character in SSB. If someone told me, "there will definitely be a second Kid Icarus character in SSB4," I would hope it was Hades.
Personally, of all characters I like in Kid Icarus Uprising, Hades is the one character I'd probably NOT want to see, and I have my reasons, which I'll share. Hades' voice has become almost iconic at this point, being on par with Blazblue's Hazama for the world's greatest troll. However, as a playable character, it'd personally feel as if those voice talents would go to waste overall. Sure, he'd throw out a sarcastic remark every now and again, but how often do Smash Bros characters talk? The ones that do (Pit, Sonic, Snake, etc.) barely do at all. Now, if Hades was used for codec-call designs on a Kid Icarus stage to talk with Pit, along with Viridi, about Smash Bros fighters, THAT would be genuine in my honest opinion. I'd love to hear some of the sarcastic remarks he could come up with regarding the characters in the game.

Probably none. Adding another character other than Ridley would look really really odd considering how inferior they are in terms of importance to that of Ridley. If Ridley doesn't get in, there most likely won't be another Metroid character anyways, and that's a real shame since of all the franchises in the game right now, it needs the representation the most.

I was kidding, but Reggie does fit the bill for most of Sakurai's points, interestingly enough.
Can you explain please? It's been a long time since I've looked at that rules list and there may be something I'm missing.

?????????????

Smash Master
None. Ridley or bust for me. I think Ridley is entirely workable, and any other Metroid character is so significantly less important to the series, it would be better for Samus to just represent Metroid on her own as she always has. To me, the only justifiable substitute is Dark Samus, but even THAT'S a stretch.

Personally, of all characters I like in Kid Icarus Uprising, Hades is the one character I'd probably NOT want to see, and I have my reasons, which I'll share. Hades' voice has become almost iconic at this point, being on par with Blazblue's Hazama for the world's greatest troll. However, as a playable character, it'd personally feel as if those voice talents would go to waste overall. Sure, he'd throw out a sarcastic remark every now and again, but how often do Smash Bros characters talk? The ones that do (Pit, Sonic, Snake, etc.) barely do at all. Now, if Hades was used for codec-call designs on a Kid Icarus stage to talk with Pit, along with Viridi, about Smash Bros fighters, THAT would be genuine in my honest opinion. I'd love to hear some of the sarcastic remarks he could come up with regarding the characters in the game.
The lack of voice clips would be disappointing, but...wouldn't that be the same case for Palutena as well?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Fusion Suit Samus. :awesome:

Well, Metroid Fusion is pretty decent and we could pretend regular Samus is SA-X so we can have Fusion Suit Samus vs. SA-X matches. :awesome:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
The lack of voice clips would be disappointing, but...wouldn't that be the same case for Palutena as well?
Well, perhaps that's the case, but Palutena wasn't all about her attitude and flare like that of Hades, her role as the Goddess of Light and the most important character next to Pit stood out strongly, especially when you yourself had to fight her...twice. (Well...originally once, the second is a copy but still wields the same powers) And even then, Pit's personality was alot more prominent than that of Palutena, but I guess that's due to he's the main character of the game. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if push comes to shove, voice-clip lacking Palutena is alot more acceptable than that of a voice-clip lacking Hades. Palutena can still feel like Palutena if her voice was mostly grunts and noises like that of other characters, Hades...it'd feel like a serious part of his character was missing. But hey, that's just me.

Khoru

Smash Champion
dark samus, but in that case i doubt sakurai would deem metroid worthy of another rep
still, i think it would be a cool wolf-esque samus
(and metroid prime as a final smash hnnng)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
BluePikmin11......................do you understand that there are limits............I am completely convinced that you believe you can put ANYBODY........ANYBODY in Super Smash Brothers!!!!!!!
I just want to point something out to you all.
"That decision-making process starts with Sakurai forming his own thoughts on who should feature in the next Smash Bros., but also factors in various surveys, he said. From there, a list of candidates is refined by evaluating their contribution to the game's roster: 'What is the uniqueness of this character? What does this character bring into the Smash Bros. universe? What do they have that other characters don't? How do they complement or contrast other characters?'" - Polygon's interview with Sakurai.
Let me paraphrase. Initially it's all about what he thinks. Sakurai is an enigma, and is shown to be unpredictable, very few limits. Sakurai also factors in surveys etc., that's fine, but it is relegated to a minor position, as we have seen.
Then, here's the important part, then it's all about uniqueness, all four of those rhetorical questions are just different ways to say the same exact thing. That's what it's all about.

Here's the hazard, people, we take whatever our vision of Sakurai's thought is and conform it to our opinions. Do not do that, it's dangerous and improper. You, Mr. SaturnGamer64, and many others, offhandedly dismiss many good candidates for asinine reasons, and warp Sakurai's opinions to fit your views, to nestle them in safety, to cradle them invincibly from any criticism.
This is a curse and hurdle we must all surpass, I'll not spare you my preaching, sir!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Can you explain please? It's been a long time since I've looked at that rules list and there may be something I'm missing.
Well first of all, I'm pretty sure he could make Reggie a unique playable character, allowing him to use Nintendo peripherals against opponents (Wii Remote & Nunchuck, Power Glove, NES Zapper, etc.). Next I'm sure having Reggie in the game would cause people to want to buy the game, or at least people with a sense of humor and knowledge to who he is. Finally I could see Reggie being amongst Nintendo's greatest and well known gaming icons. He himself is a gaming icon in the industry afterall.

Sakurai mostly goes for the following: What new things does the character bring to the table?, Will people want to play as this character?, Does this character fit in Smash Brothers?, and something else that isn't coming to mind right now.

All in all, Reggie could fit in but it's Sakurai's call in the end.
It's still quite minor at its position, regardless.
BluePikmin, I'm still expecting a response. What makes Dillon's Rolling Western so minor?

?????????????

Smash Master
Well, perhaps that's the case, but Palutena wasn't all about her attitude and flare like that of Hades, her role as the Goddess of Light and the most important character next to Pit stood out strongly, especially when you yourself had to fight her...twice. (Well...originally once, the second is a copy but still wields the same powers) And even then, Pit's personality was alot more prominent than that of Palutena, but I guess that's due to he's the main character of the game. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if push comes to shove, voice-clip lacking Palutena is alot more acceptable than that of a voice-clip lacking Hades.
Well let me ask a similar question regarding a character who was in her position before hand. What made Zelda appealing originally?
For me, the reason I would find a character like Hades more appealing than a character like Palutena is that I can imagine Hades being on a battlefield more.

There's no doubt that Palutena is the second most important character to the Kid Icarus series, but her role in the games is always as a guiding force; for me, this is what makes her different from Peach or Zelda. At every opportunity Peach or Zelda have had to join the main heroes, they've taken advantage of it. Palutena does what she can, but she's never direct (except when she is possessed). If there's a problem, she sends her army, or she sends Pit, so I think Pit realistically represents what she would "use" to fight. Of course, she has her own pool of powers that would make her good for SSB, but I find her inclusion..."not so obvious" when other characters in Kid Icarus DO express an interest and portray a character that actually wants to be in a fight.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well, I guess what I'm saying is Dillon has the looks of being in Smash, but it's a minor series on the eShop not most people would recognize, I say there are more characters to prioritize like DK, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem, and new series such as Starfy and Golden Sun.

CalumG

Smash Lord
"That decision-making process starts with Sakurai forming his own thoughts on who should feature in the next Smash Bros., but also factors in various surveys, he said. From there, a list of candidates is refined by evaluating their contribution to the game's roster: 'What is the uniqueness of this character? What does this character bring into the Smash Bros. universe? What do they have that other characters don't? How do they complement or contrast other characters?'" - Polygon's interview with Sakurai.
Let me paraphrase. Initially it's all about what he thinks. Sakurai is an enigma, and is shown to be unpredictable, very few limits. Sakurai also factors in surveys etc., that's fine, but it is relegated to a minor position, as we have seen.
Then, here's the important part, then it's all about uniqueness, all four of those rhetorical questions are just different ways to say the same exact thing. That's what it's all about.

Here's the hazard, people, we take whatever our vision of Sakurai's thought is and conform it to our opinions. Do not do that, it's dangerous and improper. You, Mr. SaturnGamer64, and many others, offhandedly dismiss many good candidates for asinine reasons, and warp Sakurai's opinions to fit your views, to nestle them in safety, to cradle them invincibly from any criticism.
This is a curse and hurdle we must all surpass, I'll not spare you my preaching, sir!
That'd be all well and good if Dr. Kawashima and rl dogs were actually Nintendo characters... but they're not.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

This post should by my desktop wallpaper.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
For me, the reason I would find a character like Hades more appealing than a character like Palutena is that I can imagine Hades being on a battlefield more.

There's no doubt that Palutena is the second most important character to the Kid Icarus series, but her role in the games is always as a guiding force; for me, this is what makes her different from Peach or Zelda. At every opportunity Peach or Zelda have had to join the main heroes, they've taken advantage of it. Palutena does what she can, but she's never direct (except when she is possessed). If there's a problem, she sends her army, or she sends Pit, so I think Pit realistically represents what she would "use" to fight. Of course, she has her own pool of powers that would make her good for SSB, but I find her inclusion..."not so obvious" when other characters in Kid Icarus DO express an interest and portray a character that actually wants to be in a fight.
Well, her role as a Goddess kind of restricts her from going out to do much. Sure she doesn't do much, but maybe that's because in the Kid Icarus games, she has balance to uphold. She's the protector of Earth's people, if something were to happen to her, the people of the planet would be royally screwed, so she doesn't go out much, only stepping out to battle herself when it's absolutely mandatory, as seen in the first anime special where she stops Medusa from causing damage to a mountain village. Smash Bros is a different story. In Smash Bros she doesn't need to upkeep anything, all she has to do is fight and survive like that of every other character. And another thing to consider is that of most Kid Icarus characters, aside from a few enemies, Pit and Medusa, Palutena is the only character not created by Sakurai, which is why characters like Magnus, Hades and Viridi all seem to get shafted, considering how they're Sakurai's characters.

Well first of all, I'm pretty sure he could make Reggie a unique playable character, allowing him to use Nintendo peripherals against opponents (Wii Remote & Nunchuck, Power Glove, NES Zapper, etc.). Next I'm sure having Reggie in the game would cause people to want to buy the game, or at least people with a sense of humor and knowledge to who he is. Finally I could see Reggie being amongst Nintendo's greatest and well known gaming icons. He himself is a gaming icon in the industry afterall.

Sakurai mostly goes for the following: What new things does the character bring to the table?, Will people want to play as this character?, Does this character fit in Smash Brothers?, and something else that isn't coming to mind right now.

All in all, Reggie could fit in but it's Sakurai's call in the end.
All this talk of Reggie for Smash Bros makes me think of the people who wanted Kevin Butler in Playstation All-Stars. :p

CalumG

Smash Lord
Can't you base it on real dogs and a professor and call them Nintendo characters.
They're not based on real dogs and Kawashima. They are digital representations of dogs and Kawashima, practically unchanged bar a lower poly count.

It's like I'm talking to a wall here.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I guess what I'm saying is Dillon has the looks of being in Smash, but it's a minor series on the eShop not most people would recognize, I say there are more characters to prioritize like DK, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem, and new series such as Starfy and Golden Sun.
While I would agree that those should probably be prioritized due to their seniority, just because Dillon's series is eShop only doesn't make him a minor character. He's probably Nintendo's biggest series on the eShop.

If his game was a one-off, I would have agreed that he is a minor character, but seeing that the game got a full-fledged sequel, it's a sign that Nintendo is interested in continuing the series.

?????????????

Smash Master
Well, her role as a Goddess kind of restricts her from going out to do much. Sure she doesn't do much, but maybe that's because in the Kid Icarus games, she has balance to uphold. She's the protector of Earth's people, if something were to happen to her, the people of the planet would be royally screwed, so she doesn't go out much, only stepping out to battle herself when it's absolutely mandatory, as seen in the first anime special where she stops Medusa from causing damage to a mountain village. Smash Bros is a different story. In Smash Bros she doesn't need to upkeep anything, all she has to do is fight and survive like that of every other character. And another thing to consider is that of most Kid Icarus characters, aside from a few enemies, Pit and Medusa, Palutena is the only character not created by Sakurai, which is why characters like Magnus, Hades and Viridi all seem to get shafted, considering how they're Sakurai's characters.
Oh, I totally get that, but that's exactly why I think Medusa or Hades would be more interesting as playable characters in SSB. If Palutena were the only other important character in Kid Icarus, I wouldn't have a second thought, but because other characters exist in the franchise that DO actively start or participate in fights, I don't think Palutena is super obvious.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Of course, unfortunately, many people abuse thought and ignore reason.
Amen to that, BluePikmin has completely ignored every legal, gameplay and fanbase barrier to defend Kawashima and Nintendogs.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You make a strong point and I understand your stance completely.
I guess all I can say in response is that I respectfully disagree (I thought I could have potentially swayed your opinion, if only a little bit, and here you are doing it to me. Too professional for me).
The problem with your statement is that Dillon's Rolling Western isn't just some twobit eShop title that they just added in. There was a lot of promotion for the game around and before both of the games release (Especially for Last Ranger), the game even has it's own Streetpass Mii Plaza Puzzle Panel, which in itself is advertising and acknowledging the existence of the franchise to 3DS consumers. Regardless if they themselves searched up the game or saw it on the eShop themselves. Nintendo is still advertising the game, just through the Streetpass Plaza, which made Nintendo lots of cash recently with the four new games that received very little to no advertisement outside of the Streetpass Mii Plaza. It's looking to be a practice that works.
With Starfy only being notable in Japan and Isaac only being notable in the West these days, I see no reason for either of these characters being worthy of being playable if they weren't already in by Brawl (Especially Starfy, who already had three games at the time and was very popular in Japan while Isaac was just there).

Besides you're comparing a character from two actual priced games to a gimmick that came with the system that barely anybody uses.
"Minor App" is hardly the right term to use to describe Dillon's Rolling Western.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom