• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Because Mother already had other titles. XenoBlade may be a title with just one game that we all forget about in the future. I mean shouldn't Sin & Punishment get a character then?
Why the hell do sequels matter all of a sudden. Being a Nintendo All-Star does not mean that you need to have x number of games to qualify. You have to be notable, unique, a Nintendo character, and you have to fit in. What stops Shulk from being ANY of these things?

Also, like FalKoopa mentioned, many things in X are pointing it to being a sequel to Xenoblade.

But should that really matter in the long run anyways? Having "X" pun amount of games doesn't make you a Nintendo All-Star, it's the fans that make you one.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Porky at least can have a completely unique and viable moveset for Smash, Giygas in his original form is stuck within a large sphere, and he actually does use PSI attacks considering his race kind of invented it. He just doesn't make sense and isn't very likely especially when compared to Porky, a far more memorable villain in my opinion.
Well, that's your opinion and I respect it. But to be honest, memorable for Porky is like memorable for the Duck Hunt Dog, you hate them so damn much that you want to do nothing more than drop them into a falcon punch. That's not usually the best kind of memorable in my honest opinion. And who's to say Giegue/Giygas can't use the number of different abilities that were forgotten after the first game? Beam? Shiv? A few others come to mind. Anyways, I'm just going to say it's not a character I'm going to advocate for in the game, but if push came to shove, I'd have no problem with it. I'd have no problem with Porky either, I'd love to drop a tree on him for what he did to Lucas and how much an asshole he was in Earthbound.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I imagine it would be very easy to deal with, considering it was a very easy deal to get Megaman in Smash. It should be the same.
BluePikmin11......................do you understand that there are limits............I am completely convinced that you believe you can put ANYBODY........ANYBODY in Super Smash Brothers!!!!!!!

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I imagine it would be very easy to deal with, considering it was a very easy deal to get Megaman in Smash. It should be the same.
It wouldn't be that big of a hassle, but Mega Man is an actual video game character. Dr. Kawashima is a real person.
And besides, everyone knows Shigesato Itoi's Bass Fishing is so superior to Brain Age and should get a character in Smash. :troll:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Real Person =/= Company that has no idea what they're doing with said character.
Giving Mega Man to Nintendo for Smash is probably buying Capcom some time to think about what they want to do with the Mega Man franchise now.
Dr. Kawashima may not be too fond of the idea of him beating up or getting beaten up by Nintendo characters (Reggie on the other hand...).

EDIT: I already said this, but Dillon is not a minor ap character. You purchase Dillon's games. They make games for the eShop too you know, not just aps.

CalumG

Smash Lord
For the very same reasons Wii Fit Trainer was added, because they are unique.
Sakurai adds Third-parties for popularity, not for uniqueness. Sonic basically had two roll-outs and then an assortment of other generic moves. 'Uniqueness' does not get a third-party in and it certainly doesn't get a fourth-party like Kawashima in.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Alright, quick question...for everyone here. Let's say Reggie makes it into Super Smash Bros, by some hypothetical standpoint or loophole in Sakurai's rules for characters added in Smash Bros...how many of you would main him?

?????????????

Smash Master
Alright, quick question...for everyone here. Let's say Reggie makes it into Super Smash Bros, by some hypothetical standpoint or loophole in Sakurai's rules for characters added in Smash Bros...how many of you would main him?
Don't know if I would main him, but I would definitely rapidly taunt as him.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I notice you guys talking about Mother, specifically Ninten, personally, I wouldn't want him because 2 semi-clones is a bit much, even though SF has 2 also. It's just the only thing I can see him doing different then Ness and Lucas is PSI. I mean Lucas and Ness are opposites in how they perform, with Ness has punishing smashes and KOing aerials, while Lucas the opposite. Plus, Lucas is more of a kicker and Ness puncher. How would Ninten fit into this without being broken. This is also a reason why I support Porky.

Jacob Listerud

Smash Rookie
Listen pal, I LOVE Midna. She's my favorite Zelda character, by far, with her adorable appearance and deep and developing personality. But sadly she has no chance in Smash Bros. I'd love to see her in, even as an assist trophy, but as of right now, I'll be glad if they even make a trophy out of her for this new game.
Well, your lack of optimism isn't helping. If you were to have just a little bit of faith, and a little bit of incentive to actually say on forms like this one that you actually want Midna in Smash Bros, the chances of her getting in the game could increase. Even if it is by a slight margin. Even now that the Wii U is the hot new Nintendo console and Skyward Sword is the more recent Zelda game, there are people saying on Youtube that they want Midna in the game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm not sure 100%. I got that piece of information from the Shulk thread.
Well to start with the comparisons, Xenoblade Chronicles and X do share a lot of fundamental things. Wide expansive worlds, visible enemies on the field, Arts, weather and day/night cycle, a map at the top right corner, utilizing varies kinds of weapons, and items correlating to a Collectopedia in particular are shared between the games. That's not including other hints scattered in the trailers we know about, for example there is still that one character that bares similarities to Shulk from the first trailer and from the second trailer an enemy that bares resemblances to a Mechon is teased at the end.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, your lack of optimism isn't helping. If you were to have just a little bit of faith, and a little bit of incentive to actually say on forms like this one that you actually want Midna in Smash Bros, the chances of her getting in the game could increase. Even if it is by a slight margin. Even now that the Wii U is the hot new Nintendo console and Skyward Sword is the more recent Zelda game, there are people saying on Youtube that they want Midna in the game.

It's not a lack of optimism, it's a sense of realism. If I were optimistic, Midna would be on my roster right now, but I dropped that idea long ago. And also...that third video...the guy requests for Goku as his #1 character...*Shudders*.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Can we PLEASE stray away from the discussion of more casual titles and characters relating to real life people and things? I can't believe I'm saying this but...it's time like this where I honestly miss DD. If he were here, we'd never be bored...I'd pass out the popcorn, we'd all kick our feet up and have a grand old time.

Oh...wait...then Noah would never shut up about him...but he does that anyways, so it's still somewhat win/win!

CalumG

Smash Lord
why does nobody see the potential of Big Mac as a playable i mean they've already got McDonalds DS's

and if being a Puzzle Swap character means doctor kawashema is eligible then so is big mac

mario and mcdonalds have already had a cross-over so big mac is kind of in the same position as pac-man

also dr kawashema might be the most likely 5th party at the moment but if you think about it relevancy isnt everything and big mac could serve as a retro rep as well

so that pretty much sums it up, i mean theres no way you can think big mac isnt a viable rep. plus there isnt really a big mac character on the roster yet is there so hed be unique and therefore fun to play as. also when u think about it, if big mac is in it could increase little macs chances so they could have their own event match together. and mcdonalds logo is an M and so is Mario's... coincidence? or rather, involvement from the

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
There's not much more characters to discuss anymore. Most of the franchises we discussed have been repeated long several times, oftens leading to problem with either representation, or this Nintendo character sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom