• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
For the record, requests aren't going to be what influences the next Mother Character.
Of course, but Porky is the next step for Mother characters, as he wouldn't have the same exact build, speed, and attacks as Ness and Lucas. Mother isn't even extremely likely have a third rep anyways.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Does anybody want to see my Japanese Roster!? :awesome:
there is still no shulk
i would unleash my rage but its all gone now
i am finally at peace and tranquility, thank you saturngamer
Kumatora to a lesser extent but still more than Ninten.
I hear that she's the most notably requested Mother character in Japan, next to the Masked Man. Porky is mostly supported in the west, which makes sense. As he's in the only Mother / Earthbound game we've ever officially received.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Don't let it get to you, this Thread revolves around double standards. People are outraged at Ninten more than Dark Pit and Claim Bomberman is irrelevant and dead when he's on the same relevance status as Mega Man.
Oh please, Dark Pit was shot down already, and so has Ninten.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I just don't see Shulk, I doubt Sakurai would add a franchise if he doesn't even know if it has plans to continue. It wasn't even THAT notable anyway. At least you could expect more from Pikmin. I mean he doesn't HAVE to have a new franchise, though it'd be preferable.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Of course, but Porky is the next step for Mother characters, as he wouldn't have the same exact build, speed, and attacks as Ness and Lucas. Mother isn't even extremely likely have a third rep anyways.
All this talk of Mother is making me just want to say...Giygas...throw him in there!

He's your Mother 1 rep, the most recurring villain in the Mother series (Was planned for Mother 3 at some point but cut from the initial production, there's unused boss music to support this), and can use a brand new fighting style. Not to mention he's somewhat relevant thanks to the release of Earthbound on the Virtual Console a little over a month and a half ago.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Kawashima is a better choice than Ridley? That's it, this world has gone so cruel I must commit suicide.
You know I kinda told earlier I died down on Ridley for certain stage reasons, That is a completely different reason. Dr. Kawashima was added because I predict a few more characters from casual series for the sake of their uniqueness.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
inb4theinfluxofpeoplesayinghewouldbeaMewtwoclone
I would love a Mewtwo clone just so that people would stop saying that Lucario's one. They would see what a REAL Mewtwo clone looks like!

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
All this talk of Mother is making me just want to say...Giygas...throw him in there!

He's your Mother 1 rep, the most recurring villain in the Mother series (Was planned for Mother 3 at some point but cut from the initial production, there's unused boss music to support this), and can use a brand new fighting style. Not to mention he's somewhat relevant thanks to the release of Earthbound on the Virtual Console a little over a month and a half ago.
That same game also boosts Porky's relevancy. I really see Porky being the only likely Mother candidate if we get one, and the only necessary candidate as well.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Giygas can't be in smash because "You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack."
Okay...maybe THAT Giygas can't...but what about Giegue?

I actually like this render. If he were in the game, he'd probably look alot like this. (Click the image to zoom in on it, it looks much better)

That same game also boosts Porky's relevancy. I really see Porky being the only likely Mother candidate if we get one, and the only necessary candidate as well.
Perhaps, but do remember that Porky was pretty much a pawn for Giygas in the end.

Khoru

Smash Champion
I just don't see Shulk, I doubt Sakurai would add a franchise if he doesn't even know if it has plans to continue. It wasn't even THAT notable anyway. At least you could expect more from Pikmin. I mean he doesn't HAVE to have a new franchise, though it'd be preferable.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Okay...maybe THAT Giygas can't...but what about Giegue?

I actually like this render. If he were in the game, he'd probably look alot like this. (Click the image to zoom in on it, it looks much better)

Perhaps, but do remember that Porky was pretty much a pawn for Giygas in the end.
Mewtwo VS Giegue.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
At least the Brain Age series sold more than 19 million copies just about close as Wii Fit. The same goes for Nintendog.
At least Dillon is an actual video game character. Kawashima is not a video game character. He is a real person

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I think if the original Mother gets any representation, I think it should be with trophies, stickers, and stages. I'd say The Paradise Line as a stage, but that'd just be like Spirit Tracks, and I'd say Mt. Itoi, but I don't really have idea for that except Giegue could attack the stage once in awhile.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I just don't see Shulk
Why don't you see Shulk? Japan wants him. Europe wants him. The STATES want him.
I doubt Sakurai would add a franchise if he doesn't even know if it has plans to continue.
Why would he add Lucas then? Mother 3 was confirmed to be the last Mother game shortly after it's release. You're not thinking like Sakurai at all.
It wasn't even THAT notable anyway.
Oh no, it was only one the first of the three games demanded for a US release in Operation Rainfall, which by the way was a complete success. What isn't notable about a game that was demanded by fans to be released to their respective country?
At least you could expect more from Pikmin. I mean he doesn't HAVE to have a new franchise, though it'd be preferable.
Pikmin 2 was already out long before Brawl was released and was in the Gamecube's life span, which Brawl was focused on along with the GameBoy Advance, Early Wii, and Early DS.

You compare Xenoblade to Pikmin, but that only makes my point better. We're going to see a character from the late Wii Era as we saw a character from the late Gamecube Era in Olimar. That character idealistically being Shulk

I gave up on Dillon and AR Man after learning they are minor apps for the 3DS.
AR Man is from a minor ap. Dillon is from two actual games that you purchase, not aps.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
But seriously, Giegue over Porky?
I don't see the initial problem with it. Giegue, or Giygas (take your pick since they're the same person) Is the REAL main villain of the franchise, and would be a good way of giving Mother 1/Earthbound Zero some love since people mostly discuss the addition of a character relating to that title so that each game in the franchise is represented equally. And let's be honest, it's alot better than just adding another polo-wearing PK user.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why don't you see Shulk? Japan wants him. Europe wants him. The STATES want him.
Why would he add Lucas then? Mother 3 was confirmed to be the last Mother game shortly after it's release. You're not thinking like Sakurai at all.
Because Mother already had other titles. XenoBlade may be a title with just one game that we all forget about in the future. I mean shouldn't Sin & Punishment get a character then?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I don't see the initial problem with it. Giegue, or Giygas (take your pick since they're the same person) Is the REAL main villain of the franchise, and would be a good way of giving Mother 1/Earthbound Zero some love since people mostly discuss the addition of a character relating to that title so that each game in the franchise is represented equally. And let's be honest, it's alot better than just adding another polo-wearing PK user.
Porky at least can have a completely unique and viable moveset for Smash, Giygas in his original form is stuck within a large sphere, and he actually does use PSI attacks considering his race kind of invented it. He just doesn't make sense and isn't very likely especially when compared to Porky, a far more memorable villain in my opinion.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Because Mother already had other titles. XenoBlade may be a title with just one game that we all forget about in the future. I mean shouldn't Sin & Punishment get a character then?
Actually, X is related to Xenoblade, so the series has two games actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom