• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't really think Waluigi deserves to be in yet
Replace Ghirihim with someone like Impa,Vaati, or Tingle.
Add Ridley
I think Wolf deserves to stay more than Falco does
I'd reccommend having 5 characters for Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon for balance reasons.
I don't really think Wonder Red warrants a spot yet.
Either remove a FE character or give Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon 5 characters
And add back Snake.
Other than that it's good.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Can we just sum this up and call Shokio a bloody moron?
No, it's safe to say that he's blatant fanboy that doesn't consider why characters were added in the first place and chooses to not appreciate what we get. Not appreciating R.O.B. is enough to show that he doesn't take what's added into the game seriously and is just ranting that his favorite character didn't get in but R.O.B. did.

But in terms of being a serious Smash speculator, yeah I guess you could call him a bloody moron.
or a filthy casual

Aside from Robin, looks good.
Understandable opinion. I'd prefer something different from the generic blue haired swordsman for Fire Emblem. Robin seemed like a nice alternative next to Anna (Who was present in my last roster). Chrom is the most likely, but I like to break the norm and hope for something more unique.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
The guy's just a blantant *******.

He doesn't want to see...

Ridley - He's Big as ****! Uses the worst possible mod of Ridley to prove his point. (The guy can't even admit that Ridley is only 2.5x the size of Samus. No, seriously, when I told him this, his response was "LMAAAAOOO")

Mii - he just hates avatar characters in general. (Because that's a reason right?)

Prince Fluff - Nobody cares about him apparently

Wants to See:

Knuckle Joe (Because that N**** is badass and he was an assist trophy)

All Project Rainfall Main Protagonists (Shulk is likely, so that's okay)

More Villains and more Females (While detracting the biggest Nintendo Villain)

Krystal (Doesn't care about representation of franchises)

Lyn, Lucina or Micaiah (Because Boobs are good for Fire Emblem)

Palutena (Understandable)

Ghirahim (Doesn't care about he's a one time character)

Says K.Rool needs a remodeling to work in Smash Bros.

Dark Samus (Says Metroid needs another guest, pushes out the most likely Metroid guest for a nobody)

Rundas (A character even more insignificant than that of Dark Samus)

Another F-Zero character (Samurai Goroh/Black Shadow or Blood Falcon) (HE REQUESTED A COLOR SWAP!)

Little Mac (Another understandable choice)

Wants to take out:

No More Mario guests - Thinks Yoshi and Wario count as Mario characters when they represent their own franchises.

No More Mother Characters - Apparently no one cares about Mother enough to care about more Mother characters.

Sonic - Thinks he doesn't look right in the game...he stands out (And Snake doesn't)

King Dedede - A personal vendetta against him and "he was stupid".

ROB - Calls him a blight on the roster.

Ike - Wants to take out Ike for Roy...while Ike replaced Roy in the first place...*facepalm* (Says Ike is for noobs)

Pokemon Trainer - Wants to take out the original starters and put in the Johto Trainer.

Lucario - Thinks will be replaced by Zoroark.

Snake - Both Snake and Sonic gone for two new characters, which I find incredibly unlikely. And replace them with TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN and LLOYD IRVING. .......HOLD ME BACK! HOLD ME BAAACK!

Can we just sum this up and call Shokio a bloody moron?
Yo Dawg, Travis Touchdown is hype. Probably my second most wanted character.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Forgive me if I come off as a "show off" here, but I only got two people's opinion on this and Diddy Kong ranting about how I considered K. Rool a Mario character.
comeonguysplsineedtheattention
I would so quit youtube if he made a video gloating about how he was right.
Love the roster. :D

I was wondering though...can I have the icons of Snake, Sonic and K.Rool? I wish I could make pictures like that, but I suck with Photoshop. :(

Can we invite him to this forum, where his sheep can't back him up and where the people actually have knowledge of Nintendo and Smash? I would happily put my, admittedly boring and uninteresting life on hold for a day to spend the day on this forums with popcorn in my hands and a grimace on my face.

Edit: got one of his vids on in the background. He's said no to Ridley but yes to more villains.

Logic pls y u do this :sadeyes: pls logic come back.
You'd better share that popcorn, because I too would absolutely LOVE to have that happen.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
You'd better share that popcorn, because I too would absolutely LOVE to have that happen.

Just for you Hotfeet I'll let you pick the flavour seeing as you asked so nicely.

So I've finished the video and Travis and Lloyd? If that happened there would be man tears splashing on my keyboard as I typed my rage, causing my keys to get slippery, causing typos and further deepening my sadness.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Melee had 5 characters for the Mario series. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Doc. Therefore, your argument is invalid.
You're right, but I still think 4 representants or enough. And at least in Brawl, there were only 4 representants maximum, so the 'fact' I've been talking about isn't totally invalid ;)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
No, it's safe to say that he's blatant fanboy that doesn't consider why characters were added in the first place and chooses to not appreciate what we get. Not appreciating R.O.B. is enough to show that he doesn't take what's added into the game seriously and is just ranting that his favorite character didn't get in but R.O.B. did.

But in terms of being a serious Smash speculator, yeah I guess you could call him a bloody moron.
or a filthy casual
That's such an insult to casuals (and Will Smith).

Ultimately, that is my biggest problem with him, he's very self entitled and it really shows in his lists.

Autumn ♫

Yeah, Waluigi is just a placeholder for now till I think of somebody better.
And I can't really decide between Roy and Ike, hence the four Fire Emblem reps.
If you had 5 Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario characters I would be fine with it, especially if you replaced Chrom with Robin. However, between Ike and Roy, Ike is the better choice.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman

Apart from the obvious, add Ridley, let Wolf back in, remove Wonder Red and Waluigi I'd say it maybe needs two or three new franchises. The focus seems to be on established franchises when I think a retro or two along with maybe shulk and/or isaac would be welcome.

Edit: Just seen Shulk, my bad but the point stands.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Yeah, Waluigi is just a placeholder for now till I think of somebody better.
And I can't really decide between Roy and Ike, hence the four Fire Emblem reps.
Remove Waluigi for another Mario character.
Remove Wonder Red and Roy entirely.
Add in Ridley and Snake and everybody wins yes yes.

But you should, at the very least, add in Little Mac. He's the most likely newcomer at this point.

Love the roster. :D
I was wondering though...can I have the icons of Snake, Sonic and K.Rool? I wish I could make pictures like that, but I suck with Photoshop. :(
Thanks!
Also sure, I have no problem with you using my icons. It's not that difficult actually, I don't use photoshop. I use a free program named DrawIt Lite (hence why it's free).

Brownie points for anybody that guesses where these three pictures actually came from correctly.

That's such an insult to casuals (and Will Smith).
Ultimately, that is my biggest problem with him, he's very self entitled and it really shows in his lists.
He's a fool for letting his personal feelings get in the way when actually telling people who he thinks would get removed and who should get added. Sure you are entitled to your opinion, but when you have an audience as large as he does you should at least do some research on what you're talking about before hand.
Unless his entire goal is to act like a stuckup idiot to gain more viewers

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Remove Waluigi for another Mario character.
Remove Wonder Red and Roy entirely.
Add in Ridley and Snake and everybody wins yes yes.

Thanks!
Also sure, I have no problem with you using my icons. It's not that difficult actually, I don't use photoshop. I use a free program named DrawIt Lite (hence why it's free).

Brownie points for anybody that guesses where these three pictures actually came from correctly.

He's a fool for letting his personal feelings get in the way when actually telling people who he thinks would get removed and who should get added. Sure you are entitled to your opinion, but when you have an audience as large as he does you should at least do some research on what you're talking about before hand.
Unless his entire goal is to act like a stuckup idiot to gain more viewers
Thanks. :) And if I'm correct, the K.Rool picture is his Brawl trophy, Snake is from MGS2 HD from the HD collection, and the Sonic artwork is from Sonic Lost World. :)

Also, do remember that he's on youtube...and there's no one more gullible than Youtube watchers. I mean...look at who's the top subscribed channels on youtube for example. :p

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Thanks. :) And if I'm correct, the K.Rool picture is his Brawl trophy, Snake is from MGS2 HD from the HD collection, and the Sonic artwork is from Sonic Lost World. :)
2 outta 3, Snake's artwork is not from that.
Also, do remember that he's on youtube...and there's no one more gullible than Youtube watchers. I mean...look at who's the top subscribed channels on youtube for example. :p
Oh, I know.
I was just hoping people were smarter than that...

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052

My sixth post-e3 Smash roster, people! Green is DLC and Yellow are characters I'd like to see, but just don't see happening. Criticism?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Forgive me if I come off as a "show off" here, but I only got two people's opinion on this and Diddy Kong ranting about how I considered K. Rool a Mario character.
comeonguysplsineedtheattention
I would so quit youtube if he made a video gloating about how he was right.
Lol, I was actually going to request a Takamaru Roster Pic based off his original design, as I believe that is the design Sakurai will use. And dude, what are you doing putting Dillon on your roster!? Bring back Toad. :p

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
IT'S STUPID ASS ROSTERRRRRRRR TIME

If I were to add in two more slots, it would be Little Mac and Dillon (Or Samurai Goroh instead) but as you see I unfortunately can't edit that. What happened is I forgot Olimar AND Little Mac so I ended up with "Go Team ******!" and I was going for a clean 46... but then that happened so you get the 47 roster you see here.

I feel like it's not as out there as some of my other rosters, but I'm hoping some people like it.

Feel free to give feedback both to how I designed it in photoshop and designed it with the characters I put.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
It is, but if Zelda and Pokemon have 5, Mario certainly should.
I've never understood this "they need equal representation" just because they happened to each have four characters in Brawl. They weren't all equal in 64 and Melee, and I highly doubt Sakurai cares either.

Autumn ♫

I've never understood this "they need equal representation" just because they happened to each have four characters in Brawl. They weren't all equal in 64 and Melee, and I highly doubt Sakurai cares either.
In 64 Mario and Pokemon each had 2 characters, being the 2 biggest franchises at the time
In Melee Pokemon and Zelda had 4, being the 2nd and 3rd most selling franchises while Mario had 5
In Brawl each had 4.
What I'm getting at is that they should be equal or that Mario should have more characters than Pokemon and Zelda and Pokemon and Zelda have the same amount of characters

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
IT'S STUPID *** ROSTERRRRRRRR TIME

If I were to add in two more slots, it would be Little Mac and Dillon (Or Samurai Goroh instead) but as you see I unfortunately can't edit that. What happened is I forgot Olimar AND Little Mac so I ended up with "Go Team ******!" and I was going for a clean 46... but then that happened so you get the 47 roster you see here.

I feel like it's not as out there as some of my other rosters, but I'm hoping some people like it.

Feel free to give feedback both to how I designed it in photoshop and designed it with the characters I put.

I highly doubt Star Fox will be getting a fourth rep.

Sakurai is clearly not a fan of Sukapon, I believe he promised a Sukapon assist trophy in Brawl and that never happened, if I'm not mistaken. There are much better retro choices in my opinion as well. I'm surprised Little Mac or Takamaru are not in over Sukapon.

While Fire emblem can certainly justify three playable characters, I feel like Ike is gone and Robin will probably not happen. I'm pretty split on Ike, honestly.

And while I'm a huge Mother fan and a (former) big supporter of Masked Man, I doubt we'll be seeing him as a third Mother rep if we get one.

Also, Luke? Huh?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I highly doubt Star Fox will be getting a fourth rep.
Same here sadly.

Sakurai is clearly not a fan of Sukapon, I believe he promised a Sukapon assist trophy in Brawl and that never happened, if I'm not mistaken. There are much better retro choices in my opinion as well. I'm surprised Little Mac or Takamaru are not in over Sukapon.
I wanted to not put every single fan favorite instead. And I did have Little Mac planned as you can tell.

While Fire emblem can certainly justify three playable characters, I feel like Ike is gone and Robin will probably not happen. I'm pretty split on Ike, honestly.
I wouldn't be so sure to count Robin out of the picture. Ike I feel the same way as you.

And while I'm a huge Mother fan and a (former) big supporter of Masked Man, I doubt we'll be seeing him as a third Mother rep if we get one.
You don't have to say former :p
I doubt we'll get one period.

Also, Luke? Huh?
Tales of the Abyss

What'd you think of how it looked? (Picture wise)

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
In 64 Mario and Pokemon each had 2 characters, being the 2 biggest franchises at the time
In Melee Pokemon and Zelda had 4, being the 2nd and 3rd most selling franchises while Mario had 5
In Brawl each had 4.
What I'm getting at is that they should be equal or that Mario should have more characters than Pokemon and Zelda and Pokemon and Zelda have the same amount of characters
I think Sakurai doesn't feel the need to add another Mario character, he removed Dr. Mario, and could have easily replaced him with someone else in Brawl if he felt like it. No, Wario or Diddy don't count as Sakurai sees them as characters with their own franchise to represent.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

I genuinely don't know who Luke is, but I really like the look of this roster. I can't really say anything that hasn't been said before though (blahblah3MotherRepswon'thappenSukaponistoounlikelyputinTakamarublahblahblah) so I'm going to critique the look. It's really cool looking. Too cool looking actually. We'll never get a character selection screen with that many gradients.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Same here sadly.

I wanted to not put every single fan favorite instead. And I did have Little Mac planned as you can tell.

I wouldn't be so sure to count Robin out of the picture. Ike I feel the same way as you.

You don't have to say former :p
I doubt we'll get one period.

Tales of the Abyss

What'd you think of how it looked? (Picture wise)
A visually wise, it looks great.
And also yeah this Luke guy will most definitely not be happening.
I'd rate the roster at 7.5/10 overall, I guess.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
A visually wise, it looks great.
And also yeah this Luke guy will most definitely not be happening.
I'd rate the roster at 7.5/10 overall, I guess.
Thanks everybody y;
Don't be so quick to discount Luke. IIRC, he was one of the characters they said for "Adding in a Tales character" and he's pretty much the most popular one after Lloyd (And even then it's arguable) - Granted I think we'd see Pac-Man instead of anyone in Tales Of.

Autumn ♫

I think Sakurai doesn't feel the need to add another Mario character, he removed Dr. Mario, and could have easily replaced him with someone else in Brawl if he felt like it. No, Wario or Diddy don't count as Sakurai sees them as characters with their own franchise to represent.
He probably would have returned for Brawl too. I believe he was the 3rd most finished character that didn't make it into Brawl, most likely because of time constraints and Sonic.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Lol, I was actually going to request a Takamaru Roster Pic based off his original design, as I believe that is the design Sakurai will use. And dude, what are you doing putting Dillon on your roster!? Bring back Toad. :p
I actually have one that resembles his original design closer. I always thought of the Samurai Warriors 3 one to be more of a redesign. But I can show you both of them and you can pick your fav.

Pick your favorite.

Dude, read why I put Dillon in there maaaaaan!
Read why I got rid of Toad maaaaan!

Damn, I was close! :p

By the way, Squigly is a ton of fun to play with. :D
Not close enough sadly.

I KNOW SHES SO ADORABLE AND THAT STORY MODE HNNG
-Erm, I mean yes. I agree completely.

The design is pretty sweet. They places you put some characters in could have been better though. But it looks pretty nice overall.
My only real problems with it for me are the presence of Luke and Krystal. I'm neutral with for Masked Man.

So if you do end up replacing Krystal / Luke, I'd go for Little Mac in a heartbeat.

CalumG

Smash Lord
My sixth post-e3 Smash roster, people! Green is DLC and Yellow are characters I'd like to see, but just don't see happening. Criticism?
Pokemon Trainer Gold... ugh.

Somebody explain the fascination with replacing the main and most re-occurring protagonist of Pokemon. We don't see half as many rosters that remove Marth, and Pokemon Trainer Red is basically Pokemon's Marth - not the main character anymore, but has been in more games, influenced the events of more games he hasn't even been in and is generally recognized as an icon of the series.

Other than him and Wonder Red though, it's a pretty solid roster. 7/10, would be a 9 out of 10 if Pokemon Trainer Red didn't get replaced and Wonder Red did.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I actually have one that resembles his original design closer. I always thought of the Samurai Warriors 3 one to be more of a redesign. But I can show you both of them and you can pick your fav.

Pick your favorite.

Dude, read why I put Dillon in there maaaaaan!
Read why I got rid of Toad maaaaan!

Not close enough sadly.

I KNOW SHES SO ADORABLE AND THAT STORY MODE HNNG
-Erm, I mean yes. I agree completely.

The design is pretty sweet. They places you put some characters in could have been better though. But it looks pretty nice overall.
My only real problems with it for me are the presence of Luke and Krystal. I'm neutral with for Masked Man.

So if you do end up replacing Krystal / Luke, I'd go for Little Mac in a heartbeat.
Did you know that the voice of Leviathan, Liam O' Brian, is the same Voice actor as Rocket Raccoon in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3? :p

And if I may ask, what is it from then? :p

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Pokemon Trainer Gold... ugh.

Somebody explain the fascination with replacing the main and most re-occurring protagonist of Pokemon. We don't see half as many rosters that remove Marth, and Pokemon Trainer Red is basically Pokemon's Marth - not the main character anymore, but has been in more games, influenced the events of more games he hasn't even been in and is generally recognized as an icon of the series.

Other than him and Wonder Red though, it's a pretty solid roster. 7/10, would be a 9 out of 10 if Pokemon Trainer Red didn't get replaced and Wonder Red did.
I'll go back on me replacing Red, he has been in all my previous rosters...
Wonder Red is staying though, for reasons I'll get into later

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I went to go find a picture of Takamaru that better resembled his original Artwork to request...........but, when I came back............ARIAND ALREADY MADE ONE OF THE EXACT SAME DRAWING!!! You're honest to god scaring the **** out of me! I still have that same picture in my second Fire Fox Tab displayed on google images! :skull:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Did you know that the voice of Leviathan, Liam O' Brian, is the same Voice actor as Rocket Raccoon in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3? :p

And if I may ask, what is it from then? :p
I knew he did Gaara, but Rocket Raccoon? It comes to no surprise behind why I love those two so much now.

The Snake artwork is from a custom Brawl CSP. It's his Brawl Model posed in Brawl Box.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1jzfiumo6ro6mid/WZvV51AEWu/Snake - Grenadier
Many of the characters in my roster use similarly created CSPs.
The full list can be found here.
I went to go find a picture of Takamaru that better resembled his original Artwork to request...........but, when I came back............ARIAND ALREADY MADE ONE OF THE EXACT SAME DRAWING!!! You're honest to god scaring the **** out of me! I still have that same picture in my second Fire Fox Tab displayed on google images! :skull:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I can't think of anyone to replace Medusa on my roster

I ain't adding a 5th Zelda
I ain't adding a newcomer franchise because I have 8
If I lower it to 48 I can't think of another person to remove

What should be the assumed reaction if I bring back Ninten? :troll:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I can't think of anyone to replace Medusa on my roster

I ain't adding a 5th Zelda
I ain't adding a newcomer franchise because I have 8
If I lower it to 48 I can't think of another person to remove

What should be the assumed reaction if I bring back Ninten? :troll:
Make it 10 by 5 and have the final spot be a random select.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom