• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Now you're acting like a douche again. I haven't done anything so there is no reason to act like ypu're better than everyone. And AGAIN you claim victory because you can't accept losing. I already proved that Dixie is higher priority. You've come up with nothing, but the fact that K. Rool is a villian, so he's more important to YOU.

Dixie is more recurring in more games, given more love (main character, and spin-off titles as well as Tropical Freeze and Super Smash Brothers Brawl) PROVE ME WRONG.

AGAIN Hotfeet444 has ignored ALL statements made by the opposing side and dismissed them because they apparently "don't count" . You ignore the opposing side for Classic Link, Impa, OOT Ganondorf, King Boo, and now Dixie Kong. Don't believe me? Ask Ariand/AEM, because even he has said you clearly just ignore EVERYTHING we say and just proceed to go like "I'm right you're wrong, so you suck hahahahaha" All you do is say "That doesn't count" or just pretend we never said what we said. I mean this is the same guy who just says "yeah, well I know better" when I disagree with one of your roster choices. You're clearly not the best speculator so learn to be wrong like the rest of us.

You seriously need to stop claiming victory by dismissing everything your opponent says because it proves your side wrong. I really don't want this thread do have to undergo another one of your "ignore everything that contradicts Hotfeet" argument. I thought you were in college.
Eh, I think having the main villain is more important than having a sidekick of a sidekick.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Back home after my first week of school! Had a really tough AP Bio test last period, and now I'm gonna relax...

What's going here today? Picture's pretty interesting...
Well let's see from what I can tell since I only got here about an hour ago. It was talk of the floating head from Brain Age...somehow seeming reminiscent of last night's discussion of Nintendog. And then it was talk of some guy from Art Academy using a paintbrush, then Noah came in and **** on it all by freaking out and hanging onto the past like an angry ex-wife.

In short, RUUUNN! RUN AWAY! RUN AAAWWWAAYY!

Dixie Kong is not a sidekick of a sidekick. She had her own game!
And who was the villain of her game exactly?

CalumG

Smash Lord
Although I agree with you SaturnGamer on the fact that Dixie Kong is more important and re-occurring, you're just as guilty of all the things you're accusing Hotfeet of. I say Ganondorf's moveset is out of character since he shares Captain Falcon's moveset? You say it's fine because 'Ganondorf didn't have many moves'. I cite the trident, something Ganon(dorf) uses? You say "well I feel like the trident suits Ganon better than Ganondorf which is opinion. I say Paper Mario could be a clone even if it's unlikely? You say something along the lines of it 'not seeming like something Sakurai would do'.

You're just as guilty of citing opinion and plugging your ears to information that doesn't support your viewpoint. Practice what you preach.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
All men must know when to fight and when to back up and GTFO...this kind of situation calls for the latter. Or just do something else to occupy yourself. Like me! I'm currently watering my flowers in AC: New Leaf. So many flowers...
I could go on Tumblr... but I do that every day regardless, hence the username.

So... I have no idea where this topic is going? It's just people arguing back and forth.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Baron K. Roolenstein... who is King K. Rool's cousin from Germany. :troll:
K.Rool has alot of relatives. I wonder if he and his brother, Kaptain K.Rool, talk much. :p Interestingly enough, all their final boss places seem to relate to each other and are all in the wrong places.

I could go on Tumblr... but I do that every day regardless, hence the username.

So... I have no idea where this topic is going? It's just people arguing back and forth.
Yeah, to be honest, I've kind of lost track of it myself. The only thing I've done as of recently are the watering of flowers, some studying on the designs of 3D animation since this year is my first year of starting animation, and also started to get back and re-complete Sly 2: Band of Thieves 100%. But, then again, I suppose the topics will be like this up until we get new info on Smash Bros.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oi Vey, and just when it was nice and peaceful, this came in and took a serious dump on everything.
There you go again, I'm sure everyone wants to listen to this. I'm sure everyone will enjoy you starting up an argument. Why is it you always start being mean to us for no reasons just because you can't win a stupid video game debate?

You haven't proved that she's more priority, you've just proven that she fits better in spin-off games than that of K.Rool.
There you go ignoring again, dude. She appeared in more games even if you don't count the spin offs.

If you don't count spin offs it is 9-8. And I DO count spin offs.

And Dixie Kong was only considered for Brawl because she was originally going to be a tag-team with Diddy like they were in DKC2, she wasn't going to be her own character.
Now you're lying to prove your point. This is a new low. There is NO source that says they were going to be a tag team. However there IS information that could DISprove that :troll:

You see they weren't a tag team in DKC2, she just follows him. Secondly how do you combine the Helicopter and Jetpack into one move? Or the Peanut Popgun? Thirdly the Ice Climbers are a duo because they are simply pallete swaps, unlike Dixie who clearly has different traits and abilities.

Dude, if you're basing this all on one factor and ignoring all the other ones, there is no reason to continue this bickering.

then, when your replies don't contain inane amounts of whiny dribble, come back and try to reply. Until then, take a lap and calm down, because bursting out with...this...is really unneeded and immature. Also, stop hanging onto the past like it means anything.
After reading that I don't believe for a second that you are old enough to be in college. :facepalm:
Not accepting defeat is one thing, but being a jerk about it is another. You really expect that someone in college would act the way you are acting now, being a self righteous narcasist that treats people like jerks because they bring up evidence against them, and then just saying "That doesn't count"? What kind of person your age acts like that?

To review, you ignored statements and evidence, lied, declare with no merits what counts and what doesn't, declare victory with no merits, repeat the same things like they meant more than before, and are being rude. Knowing that I can leave this dumb argument and not worry for a second that I might be chickening out of something. Especially when my side has given ACTUAL evidence and not my own biased opinion like some people. Now stop acting like you're better than everyone because you can't accept evidence that you're wrong. You're acting no better than DD right now.

If you have anymore statements please refer them to this link: http://smashboards.com/threads/roster-prediction-discussion-thread.336018/page-592

P.S. Meta Knight & King Dedede were picked because they are the most important to the franchise, not because they are antagonists. This also leads me to believe this is not a person worth arguing to.

Well let's see from what I can tell since I only got here about an hour ago. It was talk of the floating head from Brain Age...somehow seeming reminiscent of last night's discussion of Nintendog. And then it was talk of some guy from Art Academy using a paintbrush, then Noah came in and **** on it all by freaking out and hanging onto the past like an angry ex-wife.
In short, RUUUNN! RUN AWAY! RUN AAAWWWAAYY!
Hotfeet, let it go and GROW THE **** UP! Seriously every time you're wrong about something you act like a baby and start being jerkish to everyone in the most childish manner possible, which is what one would expect a child to do. And over a VIDEO GAME! Do I need to set you on ignore again, this is ridiculous. I mean like "DivineDeity" ridiculous. YEAH, it's that ridiculous. :facepalm:

I bet college chicks are all over guys who get pissy about losing VIDEO GAME DISCUSSIONS!

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Temper-Tantrum
I take it you didn't take that lap to calm down and clear your mind? PS, I never said Meta Knight and Dedede were picked because they were antagonists, but it is their role in the franchise to a certain extent. Oh, and yes, me saying you're childish for pointing out that you hold onto the past like an angry ex-wife is totally wrong, it's not like it's totally accurate. :rolleyes:

Just deal with the fact that K.Rool is the main villain of the franchise, he's not just the main enemy of DK, he's the main enemy of the entire Kong family, and that although he may have appeared in less titles than that of Dixie, his roles when he IS in the game are always really big and really important, while the same cannot be said for Dixie. Not to mention yes, it's unconfirmed that the tag-team Diddy and Dixie is not confirmed, but is widely considered a possibility due to Dixie's more prominent roles. And even then, if she wasn't, just because she was designed for Brawl doesn't make her the next best choice. The rumor of Plusle and Minun being playable, probably thanks to their role in the Deoxys movie, is still being tossed around and nothing's been proven on what it can mean, but are we to instantly assume that if it was the case, that Plusle and Minun are the next best choice? Of course not. And seriously, calm the hell down, you're making a mockery of yourself.

Hotfeet, let it go and GROW THE **** UP! Seriously every time you're wrong about something you act like a baby and start being jerkish to everyone in the most childish manner possible, which is what one would expect a child to do. And over a VIDEO GAME! Do I need to set you on ignore again, this is ridiculous. I mean like "DivineDeity" ridiculous. YEAH, it's that ridiculous. :facepalm:

I bet college chicks are all over guys who get pissy about losing VIDEO GAME DISCUSSIONS!
Tells me to grow up by bringing up something that came up a few minutes ago but acts like it was years ago...the first thing he brings up in an argument is something I said in a debate over a month ago that has no relation to the topic at hand. :rolleyes: Seriously, as CalumG said, practice what you preach. :p

CalumG

Smash Lord

Oh goody, it's that time of day again where Roster Discussion thread gets overly hormonal~

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay, you two, just calm down. No need to get y'all panties in a bunch...

Saturn, first of all, just because Dixie has more games doesn't give her more priority. K. Rool is the big bad villain of the series. (Granted, I'm fine with seeing either of them, and this is coming from someone who finds Dixie really likely). But just because I find her more likely to be in the game doesn't mean I think she has more priority over K. Rool, as he's the main bad guy.

And second, just don't bring up Divine. It doesn't need to be brought up at all, he hasn't been on here in a while, just drop it with him. Or at the very least, wait until he's on. Clearly you still have some grudge against him. I'm plainly indifferent towards him now, and this is coming from someone who actually has a reason to be pissed off at him. So actually be respectable and face him instead of slandering him behind his back.

And HotFeet, just drop it. The little catty and cynical remarks you're coming up with isn't making this argument go away, it's just making it much worse. Hold the tongue for once and drop it with Noah.

The two of you just need to zip it, lock it, and put it in your pocket. Okay?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I love seeing Noah's rants. Stuff is hilarious.
Really? I don't find it funny. It's a little more sad to see someone flipping out over an argument on a simple videogame character. At least I stay calm and composed, all I saw was a trainwreck. :( I feel somewhat sorry for him....somewhat.

Okay, you two, just calm down. No need to get y'all panties in a bunch...

Saturn, first of all, just because Dixie has more games doesn't give her more priority. K. Rool is the big bad villain of the series. (Granted, I'm fine with seeing either of them, and this is coming from someone who finds Dixie really likely). But just because I find her more likely to be in the game doesn't mean I think she has more priority over K. Rool, as he's the main bad guy.

And second, just don't bring up Divine. It doesn't need to be brought up at all, he hasn't been on here in a while, just drop it with him. Or at the very least, wait until he's on. Clearly you still have some grudge for him. I'm plainly indifferent towards him now, so actually be respectable and face him instead of slandering him behind his back.

And HotFeet, just drop it. The little catty and cynical remarks you're coming up with isn't making this argument go away, it's just making it much worse. Hold the tongue for once and drop it with Noah.

As you wish...I promise to drop it...and i don't just promise...

It's a Pinkie Promise.

Edit: Speaking of Divine, I accordingly got blocked from a conversation he started on Ridley that I never knew about and only found out about since I was blocked from it....odd. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yes, let's forget about Divine.

hopefully he'll be gone till October, not just on the social general discussion thread, but also the entire site.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Sometimes I wonder if Noah and Divine are the one and the same. :laugh:
Does that mean they're both GoldenYuiitusin? I thought I was GoldenYuiitusin! Or you were... or Hotfeet was... hell I don't even remember anymore

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
*Childish rambling*
  1. Talk down to the opponent
  2. If the opponent insults or criticizes you, simply copy and paste that criticism to your reply and act like they are the ones doing what you do and that you are completely innocent and flawlessly intelligent and mature.
  3. If you're defenses or excuses have been prove flawed in the past or simply untrue, (like that somebody's role defines everything) repeat them over and over again as if it meant something the 100th time.
  4. Declare with no merits what DOES and DOESN'T count.
  5. ***** to OTHER users about how your opponent is a **** for disagreeing with you and bringing up evidence against you.
  6. Act like it's a big deal, do whatever necessary to be right, even if you know you're wrong. Video Game Discussions are your life and everyone has to agree with you, even if what you think has been proven to be Bull****.
And there you go! You've successfully completed all the steps in convincing yourself that you are always right and are a flawless individual. Congratulations! You now know how to professionally debate with a kindergartener

CalumG

Smash Lord
  2. If the opponent insults or criticizes you, simply copy and paste that criticism to your reply and act like they are the ones doing what you do and that you are completely innocent and flawlessly intelligent and mature.
  3. If you're defenses or excuses have been prove flawed in the past or simply untrue, (like that somebody's role defines everything) repeat them over and over again as if it meant something the 100th time.
  5. ***** to OTHER users about how your opponent is a **** for disagreeing with you and bringing up evidence against you.
  6. Act like it's a big deal, do whatever necessary to be right, even if you know you're wrong. Video Game Discussions are your life and everyone has to agree with you, even if what you think has been proven to be Bull****.
And there you go! You've successfully completed all the steps in convincing yourself that you are always right and are a flawless individual. Congratulations!
7/10 gg, pretty petty post but you could be a bit more petty if you really tried

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
And there you go! You've successfully completed all the steps in convincing yourself that you are always right and are a flawless individual. Congratulations!
Noah, HotFeet already made it clear he's done with the... um.... "conversation", so I suggest you drop it too.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Pardon me Sir TumblrFamous, but if you look two posts above this, you'll see that someone missed the memo. :p

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to Smashboards, where no one talks about Smash and if they do it turns into flaming. Let's meet the contestants.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oh, Ha ha, Saturn thinks Dixie is more likely than King K. Rool. How incredibly absurd. And what's this he brought? EVIDENCE!? LOL, how incredibly foolish! Let's ***** and moan about SaturnGamer for 5 pages now.

EDIT: Hotfeet444 = D.D.'s Alt.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Sir? How fancy.

Anyway, I know, but at least stick to your end, and eventually the argument will die out.
I can certainly hope so. Well...back to bottle hunting in Sly 2! :3 Also, if someone can give me some ideas of a Waluigi moveset, that'd be great as Waluigi is the first character I confirm to be doing a moveset of for "SSBWIIU/3DS Up to you".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom