• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Sheik will never be in another Zelda game.
Sheik has only been in one title, Ocarina of Time.
Each and every Zelda is a different incaration, so only OoT Zelda can tranform into Sheik logically.
So if you're so sure that OoT's time has come and gone, why does Zelda's moveset still utilize spells only obtainable in that specific game? Why shouldn't she still be able to become Sheik if she can still use Naryu's Love, Din's Fire, and Farore's Wind?
Also why are you counting Sheik out after we saw Gerudo Valley as a stage in the 3DS Version? There is no reason for Sheik to not return now.
Also, in the Mario Universe is not equal to being a Mario character.
Being in the Mario universe basically makes you a Mario character. I can accept that DK, Wario, and Yoshi do have unique ones that separate them from Mario. But you yourself called them sub-series, making them under one franchise known as Super Mario Brothers. They are, therefor, technically Mario characters. (Not sure why it matters in the long run, seeing as the only reason why this was brought up was because I suggested that adding any Mario-related character was pretty much adding a Mario character).

Okay guys! My new roster has been made! :D
It's time to show you guys what I've been wasting my time on!
View attachment 2402
CHARACTER AMOUNT: 46 Character Slots | 50 including transformations
I'd like first say that I'm a fan of the Smash Ball-like design. I've tried it a couple of times but to no real success. The way you've ordered the characters are really great too.
Cut characters:
{} Ike - Since Fire Emblem: Awakening came out, a character representing the new game is a likely choice, but having three characters for Fire Emblem may be a bit much for now, and so that's why Ike was cut from my roster.
I'm very much against cutting characters. If you can't add in a new Fire Emblem character, just don't add one. An Arena Ferox stage doesn't confirm an Awakening character (as both Marth and Ike are present in Awakening as well, so it very well could act as Marth / Ike's home stage despite them not originating in Awakening).
MARIO SERIES
Since the Mario series is pretty much Nintendo's most notable and popular franchise, another representative is probably going to show up. Bowser Junior was my choice for the new rep. We already have three protagonists and one villain, so it would not hurt to add another villain to the game. Bowser Junior is the most popular and viable choice. Other characters, like Toad or Fawful, are incredible characters with enough representation in the actual games so that they can make it into Smash, but Bowser Junior, in my opinion, is the more suitable character for Smash.
I suppose that's fair. I'd imagine Bowser Jr. behind Toad, and he makes enough sense. I still personally doubt that one will show up, but having one isn't bad by any means.
I will give you props for mentioning Fawful. Best RPG rep imo, since he isn't Mario and a third-party character.
LUCARIO: Lucario's final smash is the same as in Brawl. However, in battle, when Lucario reaches a high enough percentage, he'll automatically Mega Evolve. His attack is increased at this point. Some may think he'd be overpowered at this point, but Lucario is still at a high percentage. He can still be KO'd just as easily when in Mega form compared to him without it. It'd be a unique mechanic to him.
Oh that would be cool for Lucario! It would just be weird eating a healing item and him suddenly mega devolving.

Overall your roster is pretty much perfect in many aspects.
The biggest turn off is no Ike.
Another Mario character isn't really necessary, but it's still welcome.

---

On a new Mother / Earthbound character.
Porky Minch washes all of the competition out of the water (EXCEPT for Masked Man and maaaybe Kumatora, but Porky is easily the most deserving).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's not really the same thing. The guy in SimCity is literally just a guy who shares Wright's name - Dr. Kawashima is literally Dr. Kawashima at a lower poly count for stylistic (and DS limitation) purposes. Dr. Wright is to Will Wright what Totakeke is to Kazumi Totaka; Dr. Kawashima in Brain Age is to Dr. Kawashima what Mike Tyson in Punch-Out is to Mike Tyson.
Difference is, Nintendo disowned Mike Tyson as a Nintendo character and gave him a race lift (Mr. Dream)... Nintendo still considers Dr. Kawashima a Nintendo character... he even has his own Puzzle Swap panel. Can you say the same about Mike Tyson?

CalumG

Smash Lord
Difference is, Nintendo disowned Mike Tyson as a Nintendo character and gave him a race lift (Mr. Dream)... Nintendo still considers Dr. Kawashima a Nintendo character... he even has his own Puzzle Swap panel. Can you say the same about Mike Tyson?
Dr. Kawashima doesn't have a panel - he's on a panel that represents Brain Age. Brain Age is owned by Nintendo, Dr. Kawashima's face is not. And has Sakurai ever put a real-life person in Smash before? Or even considered it for that matter?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He might've just injected a marijuana. I go from black, to white, to asian to arbabic in a few days on that ****.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Two things:
1. I agree about the Porky mech thing, I always imagined him in his Earthbound mech.
Even if Porky doesn't ride inside the mech, he could still fight with a smaller spider mech attached to his back, allowing him to use the claw attacks. (like the Irken pak from Invader Zim)

2. I want May in Smash with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken a lot. May surpasses even my avatar as my favorite character from Gen 3 (character, not Pokemon).
I didn't know Luigi was in the Gen 3 games.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I've never understood cutting Ike for Roy. Melee sold about 7 million and Brawl about 11 million. While bring back Roy would make a lot of fans like us happy (the hardcore, know everything about the game types) there's a good few million more who've played as Ike but not as Roy and wouldn't want to see him cut. Both I can deal with but cutting someone who probably has more fans for someone who Sakurai has seen fit to drop in the first place would annoy more casual fans than the number of hardcore fans it would please.
If Roy was to come back he would beat out an Awakening rep, and not replace Ike.

It would either be Marth/Ike/Roy or Marth/Ike/Awakening character

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
the license expired for the Mike Tyson deal on Punch-Out. They replaced him with Mr. Dream afterward.

CalumG

Smash Lord
If being on a Puzzle Swap panel warrants being a playable character in Smash then

Big Mac for Smash 4!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dr. Kawashima doesn't have a panel - he's on a panel that represents Brain Age. Brain Age is owned by Nintendo, Dr. Kawashima's face is not.
If Dr. Kawashima was not on that panel, that panel is just a boring picture of an empty classroom. Nobody cares about an empty classroom. Dr. Kawashima is the face of Brain Age series. That's his panel and it makes sense that he is on the panel. :awesome:

And has Sakurai ever put a real-life person in Smash before? Or even considered it for that matter?
Yes, he did. Dr. Wright says hi. :troll:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Even if Porky doesn't ride inside the mech, he could still fight with a smaller spider mech attached to his back, allowing him to use the claw attacks. (like the Irken pak from Invader Zim)

I didn't know Luigi was in the Gen 3 games.
I love Invader Zim <3
Anyways, while I actually like that idea a lot, it's not in any of the games. Outside of the shelter of his mech, Porky would be useless too.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Dr. Kawashima in his Nintendo Andross form most of us recognize. :p
Still not a Nintendo character.

Vince from Art Academy is a Nintendo character, so yes we could discuss that... but please, in future, limit it to Nintendo properties, for everybody's sanity.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I think most of us agree that Dr. Kawashima is a terrible character choice and will never happen.
Moving on.

CalumG

Smash Lord
That's your issue if you seriously don't want Dr. Kawashima by telling those facts.
It's not my issue, I'm simply correcting you. I'm open to all kinds of characters being in Smash. I'm open to Ryota Hayami from Wave Race, Ricky Winterborn from 1080 Snowboarding, I'm open to Excitebiker and Muddy Mole and Vince from Art Academy. I'm even open to Goku the monkey boy from Yuyuki on the NES. What I'm not open to is non-Nintendo, non-game characters. Kawashima has been on multiple non-Nintendo consoles and, y'know, real life. I don't know how I can make that clearer. This isn't a bias against the character - I've played the Brain Age games and thought they were pretty neat - this is a bias against having non-game characters in a game about Nintendo (and gaming in general) all-stars.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think most of us agree that Dr. Kawashima is a terrible character choice and will never happen.
Moving on.
I would seriously ROFLMAO over the butthurt cries if Dr. Kawashima somehow makes into Smash as a playable character as a disembodied floating head with disembodied floating hands. Hell, his Final Smash could be turning into the devil. :laugh: :evil:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I would seriously ROFLMAO over the butthurt cries if Dr. Kawashima somehow makes into Smash as a playable character as a disembodied floating head with disembodied floating hands. Hell, his Final Smash could be turning into the devil. :laugh: :evil:
There would be no cries because it won't happen, simple as that. Dr. Kawashima is assist trophy material at best.

Who? FeliciaFan444? If that's who you're hinting to, then yes I am.
Make a Porky Minch video pls, I don't want some dumb third-party character like Shadow winning your video-contest-thing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Still not a Nintendo character.

Vince from Art Academy is a Nintendo character, so yes we could discuss that... but please, in future, limit it to Nintendo properties, for everybody's sanity.
Eh, I would rather have Vince from Art Academy over Bowser Jr. if we needed a character who fights with a paintbrush. Hell, he could be like the Paint Roller from Kirby games where he paints monsters (from canvas on easels) to attack opponents. Maybe he could fight by drawing, painting, and erasing... why not? Wii Fit Trainer fights by exercising. :awesome:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Make a Porky Minch video pls, I don't want some dumb third-party character like Shadow winning your video-contest-thing.
I already stated that no excessive third parties, no second sonic characters, and no Anime characters were going to be picked, so don't worry about that. As for the Porky idea, I'll keep it in mind.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Anti-Dixie Campaigns? Really? Wow, when you lose an argument, you lose it HARD don't you Noah? Jesus, I have nothing against the character, but K.Rool is a bigger priority at this point.
Now you're acting like a douche again. I haven't done anything so there is no reason to act like ypu're better than everyone. And AGAIN you claim victory because you can't accept losing. I already proved that Dixie is higher priority. You've come up with nothing, but the fact that K. Rool is a villian, so he's more important to YOU.

Dixie is more recurring in more games, given more love (main character, and spin-off titles as well as Tropical Freeze and Super Smash Brothers Brawl) PROVE ME WRONG.

AGAIN Hotfeet444 has ignored ALL statements made by the opposing side and dismissed them because they apparently "don't count" . You ignore the opposing side for Classic Link, Impa, OOT Ganondorf, King Boo, and now Dixie Kong. Don't believe me? Ask Ariand/AEM, because even he has said you clearly just ignore EVERYTHING we say and just proceed to go like "I'm right you're wrong, so you suck hahahahaha" All you do is say "That doesn't count" or just pretend we never said what we said. I mean this is the same guy who just says "yeah, well I know better" when I disagree with one of your roster choices. You're clearly not the best speculator so learn to be wrong like the rest of us.

You seriously need to stop claiming victory by dismissing everything your opponent says because it proves your side wrong. I really don't want this thread do have to undergo another one of your "ignore everything that contradicts Hotfeet" argument. I thought you were in college.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Back home after my first week of school! Had a really tough AP Bio test last period, and now I'm gonna relax...

What's going here today? Picture's pretty interesting...

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Anyone think we need all of these baddies together in a Smash game?

Also this is my 100th post. Yaaaay for meee.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Now you're acting like a douche again. And AGAIN you claim victory because you can't accept losing. I already proved that Dixie is higher priority. You've come up with nothing, but the fact that K. Rool is a villian, so he's more important to YOU.

Dixie is more recurring in more games, given more love (main character, and spin-off titles as well as Tropical Freeze and Super Smash Brothers Brawl) PROVE ME WRONG.

AGAIN Hotfeet444 has ignored ALL statements made by the opposing side and dismissed them because they apparently "don't count" . You ignore the opposing side for Classic Link, Impa, OOT Ganondorf, King Boo, and now Dixie Kong. Don't believe me? Ask Ariand/AEM, because even he has said you clearly just ignore EVERYTHING we say and just proceed to go like "I'm right you're wrong, so you suck hahahahaha" All you do is say "That doesn't count" or just pretend we never said what we said. I mean this is the same guy who just says "yeah, well I know better" when I disagree with one of your roster choices. You're clearly not the best speculator so learn to be wrong like the rest of us.

You seriously need to stop claiming victory by dismissing everything your opponent says because it proves your side wrong. I really don't want this thread do have to undergo another one of your "ignore everything that contradicts Hotfeet" argument. I thought you were in college.
Oi Vey, and just when it was nice and peaceful, this came in and took a serious dump on everything.

You haven't proved that she's more priority, you've just proven that she fits better in spin-off games than that of K.Rool. K.Rool is the main villain, always having a big role in every game he's in. And he's not just DK's main enemy, he's the main enemy of the KONGS themselves. And Dixie Kong was only considered for Brawl because she was originally going to be a tag-team with Diddy like they were in DKC2, she wasn't going to be her own character. Dixie Kong has been anything from a main character a couple of times to a smaller side character in a majority of her appearances, K.Rool is always the big main villain, he's always a big deal in every game he appears in, always being the final challenge or final unlockable. Now then, when your replies don't contain inane amounts of whiny dribble, come back and try to reply. Until then, take a lap and calm down, because bursting out with...this...is really unneeded and immature. Also, stop hanging onto the past like it means anything.

Anyone think we need all of these baddies together in a Smash game?

Also this is my 100th post. Yaaaay for meee.
Oh my God! MEWTWO! EAT SOMETHING! :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom