• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
But it's called Nintendog, that's what Sakurai planned to call him when he was makiung Brawl, there is no freakin issue behind it. It's not really a stupid choice, since we have Wii Fit Trainer in mind.
It doesn't matter what the mutt's name is! It' a Real-Ass-****ing: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAH!

Do you not understand the hundreds of plainly obvious flaws in this!?

CalumG

Smash Lord
Does it matter? Just use the Nintendog design from Brawl, simple as that.
Can somebody else explain this to BluePikmin? I'm getting bored of going around in circles.

Dogs aren't owned by Nintendo. People play Smash Bros. to play as Nintendo All-Stars (and the odd third-party). Nobody, and I mean nobody other than you and maybe like three other people want to play as Nintendog. I could find more people who wanted to play as Tingle. I could find more people who want to play as the two Sesame Seeds from the desert in Earthbound as an Ice Climber tag-team duo. I could find more people who wanted to play as Ash freaking Ketchum or Naruto, because at least they're characters and not generic representatives of real-life species.

The character idea isn't unpopular because people dislike Nintendogs. It isn't unpopular because people dislike dogs. It's unpopular because photorealistic dogs are not distinguishable characters and never will be.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Sorry if it sounded cocky, but that wasn't nearly as cocky as "I think I know more than you do, thanks". That wasn't even intended to be arrogant.

Are you going to keep a grudge or are you going to move on from that? Because bringing it up like it means anything to the current situation is childish.

Well, she's given more love, almost equally popular, and is treated as the third main character. Are you suggesting Diddy is NOT a main character because he's a side kick. You can't always base a character's importance on their role. Bowser is the antagonist, but he's not more important than Luigi. Now you're saying, "oh, Dixie's a side kick" and "King K. Rool is a villian". Why should this matter?

I'm not basing this off of what their role is. I'm basing this off of who's more recurring, prioritized, and gets the most attention in the series. THAT'S who is more important.

I can indeed base a character on their role, especially when up until recently, the Donkey Kong Country only had one main villain in the franchise, which is K.Rool. And again, if you're going by recurring, you have to use the main series of games, not spin-off titles.

How do you figure that? It's a clear sign that Dixie gets more love & priority so don't dismiss it because of that. If King K. Rool was the third most important character it would have been him.

No it doesn't, it's just a sign that Diddy and Dixie go well together in games. And maybe Nintendo didn't think he fit so well in those kind of spin-off games and they wanted to keep him more serious to the actual series, just like how in the Mario Spin-off titles, Bowser is rarely ever the main villain, the only two times being Paper Mario 64 and Sticker Star.

So how is she a side character and Diddy isn't? They are the 3 main Kongs AND characters of the series. Just like Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede are the 3 mains of the series.

Diddy isn't a side character because he's almost always the second playable character in the series. And with Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede, you've got the main hero, the main rival, and the main antagonist, so using that as proof isn't good proof as K.Rool fits that third slot better than that of Dixie.

That doesn't count because Waluigi is exclusive to Mario Spin Off titles. Dixie is chosen from the DK series because she's more important.

You're going to have to bring up proof of that, and I mean ACTUAL LINKED PROOF. Because from what I can see, when it comes to DK characters in spin-off titles, they choose heroes over villains. And if we're going by that logic, then I'll just bring up Daisy, Birdo and Petey Piranha, characters that actually did appear in real Mario titles, Daisy especially.

Not sure how you figure that either.

Well, obviously if we're going by your logic, Nintendo gave them more love and put them in the game for ****s and giggles because they fit better.

The bottom line is that you need to do comparisons in the main series of games and not include spin-offs. Characters are judged on their importance to their initial series, not their appearances in spin-off titles. If that were the case, we would have had Toad A LOOOONG time ago.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody else explain this to BluePikmin? I'm getting bored of going around in circles.

Dogs aren't owned by Nintendo. People play Smash Bros. to play as Nintendo All-Stars (and the odd third-party). Nobody, and I mean nobody other than you and maybe like three other people want to play as Nintendog. I could find more people who wanted to play as Tingle. I could find more people who want to play as the two Sesame Seeds from the desert in Earthbound as an Ice Climber tag-team duo. I could find more people who wanted to play as Ash freaking Ketchum or Naruto, because at least they're characters and not generic representatives of real-life species.

The character idea isn't unpopular because people dislike Nintendogs. It isn't unpopular because people dislike dogs. It's unpopular because photorealistic dogs are not distinguishable characters and never will be.
Indeed. I think the case is closed. Let's put the curtains down. Start a new topic. I don't want to be up all night thinking of Nintendog.

Why not talk about Sheriff? :D

Or Fire Emblem. Chrom for SSB4. Discuss.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It doesn't matter what the mutt's name is! It' a Real-***-****ing: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAH!

Do you not understand the hundreds of plainly obvious flaws in this!?

So dogs as fighters aren't a good idea and unique enough to you? Just answer the question first.

CalumG

Smash Lord
So dogs as fighters aren't a good idea and unique enough to you? Just answer the question first.
Dogs as fighters can be unique - Boney from Mother 3 is in your party for the whole game and could well make a very good Smash fighter (not that it would ever happen). Nintendogs are not a good idea.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Who wants to hear a Dog crying when you KO it? Is Sakurai going to record an abused dog getting his tail stepped on so that Nintendog makes noises when you beat the **** out of it!? Who wants to see Wario eat a dog's head, and listen to the moaning plea for mercy of that poor little helpless puppy? Who wants to see Ganondorf punch a dog in the ****ing face? Who wants to see a DOG Marth (a legendary hero) get his ass kicked by a dog? Who wants to see C. Falcon road kill a Dog with his car during the final smash!?

WTF, BluePikmin11?

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
Who wants to hear a Dog crying when you KO it? Is Sakurai going to record an abused dog getting his tail stepped on so that Nintendog makes noises when you beat the **** out of it!? Who wants to see Wario eat a dog's head, and listen to the moaning plea for mercy of that poor little helpless puppy? Who wants to see Ganondorf punch a dog in the ****ing face? Who wants to see a DOG Marth (a legendary hero) get his *** kicked by a dog? Who wants to see C. Falcon road kill a Dog with his car during the final smash!?

WTF, BluePikmin11?
All these noises popped into my head...oh the suffering truly hurts me inside...

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Who wants to hear a Dog crying when you KO it? Is Sakurai going to record an abused dog getting his tail stepped on so that Nintendog makes noises when you beat the **** out of it!? Who wants to see Wario eat a dog's head, and listen to the moaning plea for mercy of that poor little helpless puppy? Who wants to see Ganondorf punch a dog in the ****ing face? Who wants to see a DOG Marth (a legendary hero) get his *** kicked by a dog? Who wants to see C. Falcon road kill a Dog with his car during the final smash!?

WTF, BluePikmin11?
Just make the dog a big strong husky...

Does that look weak, defenseless and not about to make your jimmies rustled to you? :p

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Ugh, all of you need to quit your barking over this Nintendog stuff.

Besides, we all know that there would need to be a Nintendog + Cats tag-team. Can't have one without the other. :troll:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Dogs as fighters can be unique - Boney from Mother 3 is in your party for the whole game and could well make a very good Smash fighter (not that it would ever happen). Nintendogs are not a good idea.
Well doesn't Nintendog fully describe it "Just an ordinary dog that fights, it doesn't have no powers like Kryptonite, it's simply a dog that fights, that's what makes Nintendog a unique and fun character to play as. I would definitely love Nintendog to beat the crap out of Ganondorf.

Jacob Listerud

Smash Rookie
Seriously, I think Zelda warrants a newcomer. And it should be Impa.
Actually, I would like it if Midna were a newcomer. She's more popular, and she needs more recognition and a stronger presence.

I think Sonic should come back and his franchise should gain newcomers as well. I especially want Shadow to show up in the game.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
@Hotfeet444
So your defense is don't count the spin-off titles because it credits Dixie. I know you'd count them if it was in K. Rool's favor don't lie. You don't get to decide what counts and what doesn't. And again, Sakurai didn't pick Meta Knight & King Dedede because of their roles you know. You think everything is based on what a character DOES in the game.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Well doesn't Nintendog fully describe it "Just an ordinary dog that fights, it doesn't have no powers like Kryptonite, it's simply a dog that fights, that's what makes Nintendog a unique and fun character to play as. I would definitely love Nintendog to beat the crap out of Ganondorf.
But if it's just an ordinary dog then it ceases to be a Nintendo character. Why not throw in a normal cat too? We got Nintendogs + Cats after all, a great success of a game.

Oh wait

It's because people want to play as video game characters

And Nintendog is just a dog

o h r i g h t

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i think u mean Krypto

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
But if it's just an ordinary dog then it ceases to be a Nintendo character. Why not throw in a normal cat too? We got Nintendogs + Cats after all, a great success of a game.

Oh wait

It's because people want to play as video game characters

And Nintendog is just a dog

o h r i g h t
Well I guess that's really your opinion then.
It still meets Sakurai's criteria.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
OH, OKAY! So now being a Dog with no abilities (just like in real life) is what makes him fun to play as?

Actually, I would like it if Midna were a newcomer. She's more popular, and she needs more recognition and a stronger presence.
When people said change the subject, IMPA was not what I had in mind. (and what you said about midna isn't true actually.)

So yeah, Impa, Nintendog, and anti-Dixie campaigns...........Good night.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So your defense is don't count the spin-off titles because it credits Dixie. I know you'd count them if it was in K. Rool's favor don't lie. You don't get to decide what counts and what doesn't. And again, Sakurai didn't pick Meta Knight & King Dedede because of their roles you know. You think everything is based on what a character DOES in the game.
No, I wouldn't. I'm not bias in my character selections, if the character is important to the initial franchise, it's important to the initial franchise. I don't care about the spin-off titles in the slightest for any character. And yes, he did, he picked Meta Knight because of his role as Kirby's main rival, and Dedede is obviously the main enemy of Kirby and sometimes his friend, it's not that hard to see. What, are you telling me he picked them because of Kirby's Air Ride or Kirby's Avalanche? And if does matter what they do. If they're imporant, they're important. Are you really feeling that backed into a corner? Dude, it's a simple argument, K.Rool is more important than that of Dixie, end of story. If you like Dixie more, sure, go ahead and add her, but don't get defensive if someone points out your flaw.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
OH, OKAY! So now being a Dog with no abilities (just like in real life) is what makes him fun to play as?

When people said change the subject, IMPA was not what I had in mind. (and what you said about midna isn't true actually.)

So yeah, Impa, Nintendog, and anti-Dixie campaigns...........Good night.
It's just your opinion, but it's still possible no matter how much you doubt, problem solved

CalumG

Smash Lord
Well I guess that's really your opinion then.
It still meets Sakurai's criteria.
Why do people always bring out this "well I guess it's just your opinion" crap? It's a fact that Nintendog is a photo-realistic dog. It is a fact that unlike every other playable character in the game, Nintendo (and neighbouring game companies) do not own the rights to the image of Nintendogs - only the name. It is a fact that animal rights activists and parents concerned for the behaviour of their kids would complain about a photo-realistic dog getting the crap kicked out of it (even if I personally think that's ********).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Why do people always bring out this "well I guess it's just your opinion" crap? It's a fact that Nintendog is a photo-realistic dog. It is a fact that unlike every other playable character in the game, Nintendo (and neighbouring game companies) do not own the rights to the image of Nintendogs - only the name. It is a fact that animal rights activists and parents concerned for the behaviour of their kids would complain about a photo-realistic dog getting the crap kicked out of it (even if I personally think that's ********).
Rated T for Teen :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom