• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What game? O.o never hear of that.
.n_n.
PETA made a pokemon spoof that compared it to cockfighting/dogfighting.

There is a reason people don't like PETA.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Because they thought claimed Mario skinned Raccoons alive in order to wear it....
To be fair, PETA was only highlighting the problem of... you know, the people who actually do skin raccoons.

It was "a fun way to call attention to a serious issue".

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Aww lawd. I hate PETA. That game was atrocious.
That game was indeed horrible. I'm surprised nothing happened regarding it. What made me even sadder was when I found out who made the game.

What game? O.o never hear of that.
.n_n.
You should be thankful for that sense of unknowing. But, if you're curious, search "Pokemon Black & Blue" and prepare to want to burn down your closest PETA building.

Because they thought claimed Mario skinned Raccoons alive in order to wear it....
I mean for christ's sake, did you see what they did with Super Meat Boy of all things?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be fair, PETA was only highlighting the problem of... you know, the people who actually do skin raccoons.

It was "a fun way to call attention to a serious issue".
Oh is that so? Hm... Guess I didn't look too much into that whole issue then. Still, Mario only wears that suit by a touch of a simple leaf... :/

Espio264

Smash Ace
PETA made this game where trainers physically beat their Pokemon, and its some short adventure or something. I don't remember exactly, but it was so stupid.
It's sad when people get so worked up over fictional characters and situations.
Well now I sound hypocritical, I am still reading this thread after all.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
Yup. We can all agree that PETA sucks.

Off topic: Lion King is such a great movie, watching it now. I had to say this. :3

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Why are people so worried about PETA? It's like the animal equivalent of feminism, ******** and moaning yet nothing happens.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh is that so? Hm... Guess I didn't look too much into that whole issue then.
Yeah.

My problem with it all was that they were just ripping off Mario/Pokemon success as a terrible publicity stunt.

IIRC Nintendo told PETA basically to piss off after the Pokemon one.

CalumG

Smash Lord
So how did Nintendog managed to be AT in Brawl, they do have rights to Nintendog :p
Because dogs are public domain? They didn't need to have the rights for dogs to include dogs. For that matter, Sakurai explained Assists as being characters that are just shy of meeting the criteria of a playable. The criteria Nintendog misses out on is not being a Nintendo character. Dogs aren't owned by Nintendo, I don't know how to make this clearer. There is nothing distinct about a dog that makes it Nintendo. You look at an image of Villager, you see the Villager from Animal Crossing. You look at a picture of a Nintendog, and you see a dog. Not a special dog, not a Nintendo All-Star dog, just a dog like the one that could well be running around or eating or sleeping in your houses right now.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
PETA made this game where trainers physically beat their Pokemon, and its some short adventure or something. I don't remember exactly, but it was so stupid.
PETA made a pokemon spoof that compared it to cockfighting/dogfighting.

There is a reason people don't like PETA.
Oh ok, I will search about it and will laugh at how a Organization like PETA can be so stupid sometimes.
.n_n.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I kinda forgot what they did with that, I think I need a mind refresher. Although I do remember what they did with Cooking Mama....
They created a character called Super Tofu Boy and turned Meat Boy into a woman-abusing villain. Seriously, he made Dr. Fetus look like a nice guy.

And oh God...Cooking Moma...That game was terribly horrible.

Why are people so worried about PETA? It's like the animal equivalent of feminism, *****ing and moaning yet nothing happens.
Who said we were worried? We're currently reminiscing about their tried and failed attempts to ruin the reputation of characters.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Because dogs are public domain? They didn't need to have the rights for dogs to include dogs. For that matter, Sakurai explained Assists as being characters that are just shy of meeting the criteria of a playable. The criteria Nintendog misses out on is not being a Nintendo character. Dogs aren't owned by Nintendo, I don't know how to make this clearer. There is nothing distinct about a dog that makes it Nintendo. You look at an image of Villager, you see the Villager from Animal Crossing. You look at a picture of a Nintendog, and you see a dog. Not a special dog, not a Nintendo All-Star dog, just a dog like the one that could well be running around or eating or sleeping in your houses right now.
INB4 he specifically said Nintendog and Villager weren't in Brawl because it didn't look right. Now Sakurai has changed his mind about the Villager, maybe for Nintendog too. There's still some rights to him to use Nintendog in Smash, if he actually mentions him in Smash.

CalumG

Smash Lord
INB4 he specifically said Nintendog and Villager weren't in Brawl because it didn't look right. Now Sakurai has changed his mind about the Villager, maybe for Nintendog too.
No. It's got nothing to do with Sakurai saying it didn't look right. It has everything to do with the image of a dog not being owned by Nintendo. Did you read my post?

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
INB4 he specifically said Nintendog and Villager weren't in Brawl because it didn't look right. Now Sakurai has changed his mind about the Villager, maybe for Nintendog too.
I'm trying to imagine anyone going to someone's house to play SSB4 on the Wii U and be like: "Aw dude, I'm going to play as Nintendog!"

It looks and sounds...off.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I miss Jimmy Neutron. I <3 you Goddard.
Is it wrong to say he was my favorite character?

I'm trying to imagine anyone going to someone's house to play SSB4 on the Wii U and be like: "Aw dude, I'm going to play as Nintendog!"

For the Nintendogs stage...an adorable canine might appear at any second. :p

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
What the Hell is PETA? And WHY are we talking about it?
Just an organization that complains about video games with animal cruelty. We're talking about it because someone wants Nintendog in SSB4, and then boom. A wild debate appeared.

Is it wrong to say he was my favorite character?

For the Nintendogs stage...an adorable canine might appear at any second. :p
I don't think it's wrong. :D

Sorry for the double post, I forgot. :(

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Okay, she's appeared in more games, my mistake, no need to be cocky about it like you usually are.
Sorry if it sounded cocky, but that wasn't nearly as cocky as "I think I know more than you do, thanks". That wasn't even intended to be arrogant.

But even then, if she has more appearances, how important to the games is she?
Well, she's given more love, almost equally popular, and is treated as the third main character. Are you suggesting Diddy is NOT a main character because he's a side kick. You can't always base a character's importance on their role. Bowser is the antagonist, but he's not more important than Luigi. Now you're saying, "oh, Dixie's a side kick" and "King K. Rool is a villian". Why should this matter?

I'm not basing this off of what their role is. I'm basing this off of who's more recurring, prioritized, and gets the most attention in the series. THAT'S who is more important.

and the spin-off titles can't really be counted for much.
How do you figure that? It's a clear sign that Dixie gets more love & priority so don't dismiss it because of that. If King K. Rool was the third most important character it would have been him.

Dixie has been anything from a main character once to a side character in a majority of the other official DK titles
So how is she a side character and Diddy isn't? They are the 3 main Kongs AND characters of the series. Just like Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede are the 3 mains of the series.

If we count spin-off titles, then Waluigi is one of the most important Mario characters out there.
That doesn't count because Waluigi is exclusive to Mario Spin Off titles. Dixie is chosen from the DK series because she's more important.

The Kremlings are the main goalies of Super Mario Strikers Charged, I guess they're important too then?

Not sure how you figure that either.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

I'd imagine many casual ladies will immediately play as Nintendog when they see Nintendog on the roster. Also I really think Nintendog should be a starter for that very reason, he should be easy and fun to play as.

CalumG

Smash Lord
There's always a chance Sakurai could redesign Nintendog if it's a problem.
Then it wouldn't be a Nintendog. Nintendogs, as a game, is a simulator for raising realistic dogs.

The image of dogs is not distinct enough to be owned by Nintendo. Make it distinct enough to be owned by Nintendo, and it's not a Nintendog anymore. Either way everybody loses

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
Then it wouldn't be a Nintendog. Nintendogs, as a game, is a simulator for raising realistic dogs.

The image of dogs is not distinct enough to be owned by Nintendo. Make it distinct enough to be owned by Nintendo, and it's not a Nintendog anymore. Either way everybody loses
Pretty much exactly what I thought. Kudos to you for explaining it better than I can ever do.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Does it matter? Just use the Nintendog design from Brawl, simple as that.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
There's always a chance Sakurai could redesign Nintendog if it's a problem.
Dude, don't even start this. That's the least of the numerous reasons why Nintendog is an utterly stupid consideration.

Why....why did you bring this onto the thread? WHY?

You obviously hate the character, but it still meets Sakurai's criteria you do realize that.
First of all, IT'S A NOT A CHARACTER! IT'S A ****ING DOG! Are you honestly trying to suggest I hate dogs!? The point is that I'm aware that an addition like this is insanely stupid to add to SSB? I happen to love my dog more than anything. She's the most important thing to me

Secondly

it still meets Sakurai's criteria you do realize that.
I know I over use this video, but I can't resist:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
But it's called Nintendog, that's what Sakurai planned to call him when he was making Brawl, there is no freakin issue behind it. And it's not really a stupid choice, since we have Wii Fit Trainer in mind.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
I think I've had enough of this debate over Nintendog and PETA. Let's change the subject.

Someone quick...think of a subject...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom