• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I pair them as Zelda/Sheik esque characters. I figured since both Chrom and Lucina (includes Diddy + Dixie) are both popular, they can be both in as duo (Z/S esque again)

Also, I figured Nintendog might be possible, from this image here:

Sakurai might change his mind about these characters.
But Nintendog isn't a character, an all-star or a protagonist... it's a dog. A bog-standard, day-to-day dog going about it's business.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm just wondering...
Why does everyone love Lucas in Smash so much? He's borderline Ness clone IMO.
Don't kill me for asking though.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Dixie is not more important to the franchise. K.Rool is the most recurring character after DK and Diddy, being the final boss of practically every Donkey Kong game excluding the two newer titles. Dixie was a partial main character in DKC2, the main character of DKC3, and now a playable character in Tropical Freeze, that's basically it. And as you say, recency isn't enough to warrant a character spot.
Really, dude? Research shows King K. Rool is NOT more recurring than Dixie Kong.

Games Dixie Appeared in: 12
Games King K. Rool Appeared in: 9

Yeah, he's DEFINITELY more recurring.

Secondly, I don't add people because of recency. I add Dixie because she IS more recurring, she IS more important, and she was planned for Brawl. Dixie was the one who appeared alongside them in Diddy Kong Racing, the Mario spin offs, and even had her own game. Don't get me wrong, they are both VERY likely, but like I said: Contrary to popular belief, Dixie is more important to the franchise.

here have a roster

it's a little big, probably (48)
but w/e
  1. Duos are not for characters with different abilities and shape. Popo & Nana are the exact same despite color. If you want to count Plusle & Minun so were they. Chrom & Lucina as a duo would look ridiculously stupid.
  2. If Toon Link gets removed it won't be for another Zelda rep I can tell you that. Toon Link is more important than Tingle.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just wondering...
He's a cool character? That's all we really need.

Plus he and Wolf aren't clones.

They can be classified as semi-clones.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm just wondering...
You know, some people just like characters beyond whatever their moveset is. Maybe they liked his game and thus like the character?

Khoru

Smash Champion
but it makes very little sense to have another link if he's just going to have the same stuff as the "proper" link
this isn't a ness/lucas situation; toon link is just lighter and faster.
if he had the skull hammer, deku leaf, etc, sure. but not as-is.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You know, some people just like characters beyond whatever their moveset is. Maybe they liked his game and thus like the character?
I understand that. The same has happened to me with some characters. I've been wanting to play Mother 3 for a while now, so maybe my mind will be changed.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Really, dude? Research shows King K. Rool is NOT more recurring than Dixie Kong.

Games Dixie Appeared in: 12
Games King K. Rool Appeared in: 9

Yeah, he's DEFINITELY more recurring.

Secondly, I don't add people because of recency. I add Dixie because she IS more recurring, she IS more important, and she was planned for Brawl. Dixie was the one who appeared alongside them in Diddy Kong Racing, the Mario spin offs, and even had her own game. Don't get me wrong, they are both VERY likely, but like I said: Contrary to popular belief, Dixie is more important to the franchise.
Okay, she's appeared in more games, my mistake, no need to be cocky about it like you usually are. But even then, if she has more appearances, how important to the games is she? K.Rool is always important to the game when he's involved and is always involved to the point of being the final character you fight or unlock, Dixie has been anything from a main character once to a side character in a majority of the other official DK titles, and the spin-off titles can't really be counted for much. The Kremlings are the main goalies of Super Mario Strikers Charged, I guess they're important too then?

If we count spin-off titles, then Waluigi is one of the most important Mario characters out there.

CalumG

Smash Lord
The funny thing is, that's what makes Nintendog unique from other characters, he's a dog that fights. :D
Right, I'll explain it differently. Every character in Smash Bros. has a copyrighted image. Mario, Link, Samus. Villager is property of EAD, Olimar is property of EAD, Kirby and the crew are HAL's babies, the Pokemon are all under the care of the Pokemon Company and the third-parties are all copyrighted by their respective companies. The image of a dog is not an all-star, isn't a trademark of Nintendo, doesn't legally belong to Nintendo and for that matter is public domain.

It may be a Nintendog by name, but it's a normal dog by nature. Nintendo hasn't made a public domain image playable yet, and I can't see them doing so in Smash 4 (or in any Smash for that matter). Smash Bros. is for Nintendo All-Stars, not real-life, public-domain animals.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Guys I´m really sad, Smash Bros is losing the battle for the best series of the decade in Gamespot against Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, I know it means nothing but seeing all those votes sadden me, specially because we are the West, but whatever in my heart Smash still will be in my 10 top series.
.n_n.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
Why remove Palutena?
Although I feel Palutena is a very great character, I feel that the Kid Icarus series doesn't really need another representative. It's a small series, and so it doesn't need a new character as of right now. If it was much larger, then I'd probably keep Palutena.

I'm still iffy about Andy though. I'm thinking Wonder Red might be a good choice. I need to ponder a little more.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Although I feel Palutena is a very great character, I feel that the Kid Icarus series doesn't really need another representative. It's a small series, and so it doesn't need a new character as of right now. If it was much larger, then I'd probably keep Palutena.

I'm still iffy about Andy though. I'm thinking Wonder Red might be a good choice. I need to ponder a little more.
Palutena and other Kid Icarus characters seem as if they were made for Smash. So much personality and moveset potential come from all of them, so I would be surprised not to see Palutena.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Guys I´m really sad, Smash Bros is losing the battle for the best series of the decade in Gamespot against Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, I know it means nothing but seeing all those votes sadden me, specially because we are the West, but whatever in my heart Smash still will be in my 10 top series.
.n_n.
People care about what goes on at Gamespot? That's surprising.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
Palutena and other Kid Icarus characters seem as if they were made for Smash. So much personality and moveset potential come from all of them, so I would be surprised not to see Palutena.
I hate pressing the Like button when I meant to press Reply xD

Anyway, I would be super excited if any other Kid Icarus character made it in, but I personally feel other franchises in need of a new representative, like Metroid, should get more priority than a very small franchise like Kid Icarus. Believe me, I adore Kid Icarus and I've played Kid Icarus: Uprising to death, any character from there would be fantastic, but I think it just isn't the time yet.

CalumG

Smash Lord
There's nothing wrong with Nintendog, it's just that people hate him, and don't realize the uniqueness of a "dog that fights." He even meets Sakurai's criteria in that he's unique.
See:

Right, I'll explain it differently. Every character in Smash Bros. has a copyrighted image. Mario, Link, Samus. Villager is property of EAD, Olimar is property of EAD, Kirby and the crew are HAL's babies, the Pokemon are all under the care of the Pokemon Company and the third-parties are all copyrighted by their respective companies. The image of a dog is not an all-star, isn't a trademark of Nintendo, doesn't legally belong to Nintendo and for that matter is public domain.

It may be a Nintendog by name, but it's a normal dog by nature. Nintendo hasn't made a public domain image playable yet, and I can't see them doing so in Smash 4 (or in any Smash for that matter). Smash Bros. is for Nintendo All-Stars, not real-life, public-domain animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom