• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's funny how people think DONKEY KONG is a spin-off of MARIO when MARIO first appeared in DONKEY KONG.

I blame Nintendo.
I'm seriously considering sigging this, cause I'm tired of saying it everytime and you worded it exactly how I would say it <3

What's been going on here though?

CalumG

Smash Lord
> Ridley will be a clone
> Why would they make a character out of a boss
> Possibility of removing Ganondorf

Nice alt, bro. Are you DivineDeity

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
So this guy is the new Divine, huh? I guess GoldenYu has another rival on his hands. :troll:
But, seriously, that's a bit much. Divine is a special snowflake that nobody can ever replace.

In the meantime, I think I'm going to spend the entire day listening to every variation of Ridley's theme.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
So this guy is the new Divine, huh? I guess GoldenYu has another rival on his hands. :troll:
But, seriously, that's a bit much. Divine is a special snowflake that nobody can ever replace.

In the meantime, I think I'm going to spend the entire day listening to every variation of Ridley's theme.
And then listen to all of the Touhou songs
Of course the irony is that Marth wields the Falchion, which inflicts more damage on dragons.
Ridley will wield the whoresword, which does more damage to women and Marth. Oh, and black characters in Smash. Sorry, Wolf.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
i'm here with you i loved frigate orpheon and the kraid stage

too bad it wont happen if its beyond a backgroudn element

wish we had a hazard off button

I've loved every single Metroid stage represented in SSB so far.

Norfair in Brawl is my favorite. Frigate Orpheon's pretty cool as well.
64 Brinstar, while not exactly competitive, is pretty fun as well.

This one looks great, playable Ridley or not.
But yeah, hope he's in, so the entire fanbase's spirit is at ease (and we get to discuss stages as stages).

CalumG

Smash Lord
I've loved every single Metroid stage represented in SSB so far.

Norfair in Brawl is my favorite. Frigate Orpheon's pretty cool as well.
64 Brinstar, while not exactly competitive, is pretty fun as well.

This one looks great, playable Ridley or not.
But yeah, hope he's in, so the entire fanbase's spirit is at ease (and we get to discuss stages as stages).
wat.jpg

Good visual design, good platform layout, good music too - but that whole lava gimmick in Norfair (including the whole 'race to the safety capsule' thing) was bogus and you know it. Literally ruined the stage. Kind of like Mario Bros., I guess - good stage and music, ruined by the enemies on-screen and the damage they can do. I want to fight my opponents, not the stage.

CalumG

Smash Lord
So a boxing ring stage makes people think Little Mac is playable, but a Ridley stage makes people think Ridley isn't?

People man. Freakin' people.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Just a food for thought: Metroid Other M is also in a weird part in the timeline, so it could literally mean anything else
So a boxing ring stage makes people think Little Mac is playable, but a Ridley stage makes people think Ridley isn't?

the worst part is that boxing stage looks like a generic smash stage to begin with

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

It wasn't the stage that did that, it was the caption.

When I first saw the stage I thought it could only be a good sign towards Ridley's chances. Now... now I'm just going to wait and watch the inevitable five stages of grief. Lotsa denial right now. Anger should be fun. ;)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
It wasn't the stage that did that, it was the caption.

When I first saw the stage I thought it could only be a good sign towards Ridley's chances. Now... now I'm just going to wait and watch the inevitable five stages of grief. Lotsa denial right now. Anger should be fun. ;)
And thus, this week is going to possibly be one of the most entertaining weeks this year.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I mean considering what he said with the post. And this being the place where you fight Ridley in Other M. It's not ridiculous to think he may be a stage hazard.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
As far as Ridley goes, I could see Sakurai's logic going a little bit like this:
"I know people want this character to be IN the game, but to really capture the dread that he inspires in players, I've decided to add him as a threat on this brand new stage. Like Kraid before him, Ridley will present a threat to the player beyond the scope of what he would accomplish as a fighter."

Not that I agree with it but those are the vibes I'm getting from the pic and the quote.

SmashPro97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0920-6255
Is this really a SSB4 Character Discussion or is it a Ridley SSB4 Discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom