• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ridley is an important character in Metroid. But be realistic here. The moveset will be freaking weird. Also what makes you think that he should be a playable character since he played a boss role in SSBB? He was fine as a boss. You're implying that a Trophy assistant should be playable like Gray Fox. He was an important character in Metal Gear Solid. Do you expect him to bring him in SSB4 considering they are taking out Snake?
"Moveset weird?" I guess that means Wii Fit Trainer isn't in Smash 3DS and Wii U. Oh wait...

And Ridley is very highly requested as a playable character and is literally the reason why Samus is a bounty hunter. He is Metroid's 2nd most important character next to Samus herself.

You also have no proof that Snake won't come back.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I totally agree. Don't get me wrong, I loved Melee. But don't you think that's kinda lazy for a huge game? This is going to be big. They want to surprise you with new characters. Heck even surprise others who haven't play Smash Brothers. Bringing back characters will be easy and fast, but isn't it a little expensive though???
Lazy is not the word I would use. Just because a character has been in previous games doesnt make it lazy. I would use "warranted succession"
They will continue to surprise us with new characters even if they are adding old ones back. Theres nothing stopping them from having every single character in the game so far plus some new additions.

Expensive? Ummm.. I... wat?
If anything it would be cheaper because the programming has been done once already and it would either just have to be directly ported over or reprogrammed, and reprogramming something that youve already programmed makes it 100 times easier
(Im an engineering student so ive done a fair share of programming myself, not for games, but I would imagine that the design and debugging processes are similar)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Ridley is an important character in Metroid. But be realistic here. The moveset will be freaking weird. Also what makes you think that he should be a playable character since he played a boss role in SSBB? He was fine as a boss. You're implying that a Trophy assistant should be playable like Gray Fox. He was an important character in Metal Gear Solid. Do you expect him to bring him in SSB4 considering they are taking out Snake?
Nah, he'd have a pretty cool awesome moveset. Same reason why Villager made it into SSB4 and Charizard made it into Brawl. Snake's not getting taken out.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh God this is going to be painful. Someone grab me the advil, I'm going to need it after I'm done here.

SmashPro97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0920-6255
Now you're suggesting they're taking Snake out....fantastic. As long as Sonic goes with him, I can see it, though.

"The moveset will be freaking weird" So it's not about Ridley. It's that you don't trust that Sakurai is capable of making him work well. tsk tsk

I lost faith in Sakurai a bit when he introduced tripping, mah boy. Snake will be taking possibly. Sonic maybe. I don't understand why people want Ridley as a character. **** I'm cool if they take out Ganondorf.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Ridley is supposed to make some kind of appearance soon? I'm hoping he'll actually be playable for once. Though I suppose he could be some kind of stage hazard too. But that Metroid stage looks pretty sweet.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Also...did I literally hear that his moveset would be weird? Oh for pete's sake...

Watch this...enjoy this...and take back what you said.

Also people, do consider that they could have two different versions of Ridley. One as a playable character and one as a stage hazard, much like Donkey Kong.

SmashPro97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0920-6255
Nah, he'd have a pretty cool awesome moveset. Same reason why Villager made it into SSB4 and Charizard made it into Brawl. Snake's not getting taken out.

I've been told Villager is already OP. And Ridley will just be like another Charizard. Like we already have enough big characters. (DK, King Dedede, Bowser, Charizard.)

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Bull. Yeah, and Jiggs SLEEPING people to death wasn't weird. Dude, Sakurai knows what he's doing, he makes up some moves, also some ATs were actually deserving characters like Little Mac, Isaac, Starfy, Saki, etc.

SmashPro97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0920-6255
WHY THE FREAK WOULD THEY TAKE OUT GANONDORF!!
Sorry, you hit a nerve there.

Low chance that he might. Relax dude. I'm a Zelda fan so I know that Ganondorf plays an important role in Zelda. But adding more Zelda characters will be way too much. Skyward Swords is big so they might introduce...something. I dunno. Toon Link is definitely getting replaced possibly.

Also...did I literally hear that his moveset would be weird? Oh for pete's sake...

Watch this...enjoy this...and take back what you said.

Also people, do consider that they could have two different versions of Ridley. One as a playable character and one as a stage hazard, much like Donkey Kong.

Still weird. Besides...Poor Ridley would be shrunk.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I've been told Villager is already OP. And Ridley will just be like another Charizard. Like we already have enough big characters. (DK, King Dedede, Bowser, Charizard.)

Still weird. Besides...Poor Ridley would be shrunk.
You make it sound as if Ridley is the only character in Smash Bros who'd have to be shrunk in order to be made playable. Also...you have no problem with King K.Rool, although he's even bigger than that of Ridley.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I lost faith in Sakurai a bit when he introduced tripping, mah boy. Snake will be taking possibly. Sonic maybe. I don't understand why people want Ridley as a character. **** I'm cool if they take out Ganondorf.
If you aren't going to give Sakurai the opportunity to do his job and just doubt him, then you really have no place here. We may be speculators, but we respect the decisions he makes.

D

Deleted member

mfw this discussion:

You couldn't buy entertainment this good at a comedy club...

SmashPro97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0920-6255
We have no idea to tell if Villager is OP. For the next 2 statements I shall say only one word. Wat?

Think about it. Charizard has wings. Ridley has wings. They both have similar bone structures considering they look like dragons.
And forget what I said about the last statement. Nothing important there.

If you aren't going to give Sakurai the opportunity to do his job and just doubt him, then you really have no place here. We may be speculators, but we respect the decisions he makes.

Don't get butthurt because someone else doesn't agree with Ridley being in the game. If you wanna play as him that much then just download a PSA of him at Brawl Vault.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
People that have told you about Villager know as little as we do about his balance. Ridley isn't confirmed as a character. Big characters are severly lacking compared to other types of characters, 5 heavies (because you didn't count Snake) in a roster of 39 characters isn't enough.

SmashPro97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0920-6255
People that have told you about Villager know as little as we do about his balance. Ridley isn't confirmed as a character. Big characters are severly lacking compared to other types of characters, 5 heavies (because you didn't count Snake) in a roster of 39 characters isn't enough.

I meant fat and large about that last statement lol Sorry about that.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The way SmashPro argues while having that avatar and getting on everyones case only makes this all the more lulz worthy.

Can someone pass me the popcorn? cus...

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Think about it. Charizard has wings. Ridley has wings. They both have similar bone structures considering they look like dragons.
Kirby and Jigglypuff both are circular and have multiple jumps they are not clones.
Kirby and King Dedede both can suck things in and have multiple jumps, they are not clones.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Especially when Bowser SUCKED in Brawl. We want GOOD heavies.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman

Mario has a face, Captain Falcon has a face, ergo Mario=Falcon.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Don't get butthurt because someone else doesn't agree with Ridley being in the game. If you wanna play as him that much then just download a PSA of him at Brawl Vault.
I couldn't care less that you disagree with me. I respect your opinion. What I don't respect is your disrespect of Sakurai.

SmashPro97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0920-6255
Kirby and Jigglypuff both are circular and have multiple jumps they are not clones.
Kirby and King Dedede both can suck things in and have multiple jumps, they are not clones.

They are similar. That's that. We don't need any more similar's. Kinda like Fox and Falco.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Olimar and Ganondorf both have heads.

D

Deleted member

Actually most fighting games have very few large/heavy characters.
Example:

With Azrael, Hakumen, and Tager, CP only has 3 in what I THINK was a roster of 25.

We don't NEED more, more would be nice, what we need is proper balance so they don't suck.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This guy has stirred up a hornet's nest.

The worst possible day for someone to badmouth Ridley's chances. Especially on this board.

If this was any other day, I dare say you guys wouldn't be getting in half as big a flap, but with that little tease that could go either way you're dogpiling this guy with more aggression than normal.

Can't wait for him to wind the K. Rool and Little Mac fans up now. Or hell; me with Toad, Roy, or even better Isaac.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Actually most fighting games have very few large/heavy characters.

We don't NEED more, more would be nice, what we need is proper balance so they don't suck.
In a game where weight determines how easily you die, it's a big wasted opportunity to not have many characters of the different weight classes. And they're probably already doing what you proposed, just looking at Bowser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom