• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I hope you're right. Though what you said about rising lava is interesting. Both Ridley and rising lava would be a bit overkill.

I've made the huge mistake of posting a pro Ridley comment on another forums. Within minutes I got the reply 'how can you make a moveset for someone who flies around so much'? Clearly Ridley doesn't have enough to work with while Wii Fit Trainer does.
It just makes no sense to me! Why would Sakurai do this THIS early in development? Sakurai isn't stupid, he KNOWS Ridley is wanted by many many people around the world, and he must know that many people will be turned off from the product with that kind of decision. We've known about this game for a little over two months now, to do this this early is suicide. Also...what if it's just the Queen Metroid? Or Anthony coming back because he wants to be remembered? (Sorry, I'm just REALLY ****ING SHOOK UP by this, it'd be just blatant disrespect)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

What if he does something similar to this? (More unlikely than Ridley playable or Ridley as background only).

Just wanted to bring back this video from the dead. Ah... the memories when Samus ALMOST made it playable to DOA:D (But I guess it's a good thing she didnt)

btw This day's pic was the first time where I noticed Samus' sexy looking fully charged shot. And it's PURPLE.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
It just makes no sense to me! Why would Sakurai do this THIS early in development? Sakurai isn't stupid, he KNOWS Ridley is wanted by many many people around the world, and he must know that many people will be turned off from the product with that kind of decision. We've known about this game for a little over two months now, to do this this early is suicide. Also...what if it's just the Queen Metroid? Or Anthony coming back because he wants to be remembered? (Sorry, I'm just REALLY ****ING SHOOK UP by this, it'd be just blatant disrespect)

Couldn't agree more but for now let's look at the positives. Sakurai has at least alluded to Ridley is some capacity. He's certainly more likely then when it was announced he would be a boss in Brawl. We're going to find out sooner or later, possibly within the next week like how the Pilotwings level had Wuhu island shown not long after. Until he's de-confirmed let's show Sakurai we're not accepting his trolling.

SBAST- Smash Boards Against Sakurai's Trolling. We shall overcome.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Look at the shape of that hole... it looks like the outline of Ridley's head. Sakurai made Ridley too big that Ridley has to turn his head to poke out of the hole to breathe fire.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just looking at that picture now makes my heart sink into my stomach...and how Metroid is most likely going to be flipped the bird and how Sakurai is going to maliciously do this to a character wanted by so many people.
Thing is that this can be taken both ways. Either this is a confirmation of NPC Ridley or it's a hint at a possible confirmation as a playable character latter.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Thing is that this can be taken both ways. Either this is a confirmation of NPC Ridley or it's a hint at a possible confirmation as a playable character latter.
Knowing Sakurai's track recored for this kind of stuff, the third time with hyping Ridley is not the charm, but possibly the most insulting thing he could do. If this is what he wants to do with Ridley, I'd prefer to not see him in the game at all.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Knowing Sakurai's track recored for this kind of stuff, the third time with hyping Ridley is not the charm, but possibly the most insulting thing he could do. If this is what he wants to do with Ridley, I'd prefer to not see him in the game at all.
That's exactly why I don't think we'll see him as a hazard or background. IMO, he'll be one of 4 things:

1. Playable

2. Assist Trophy

3. Boss

4. Absent entirely

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai never planned to add Ridley in Melee and Brawl in the first place. Sakurai is not out to get you Ridley fans. :rolleyes:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That's exactly why I don't think we'll see him as a hazard or background. IMO, he'll be one of 4 things:

1. Playable

2. Assist Trophy

3. Boss

4. Absent entirely
Everything but the first option would just piss people off to an incredible extent, especially considering the situation with Ridley right now. He's one of the very few true Nintendo All-Stars that have not been playable yet, and with Brawl fleshing out the roster so much, there's not that much left to choose from. If this goes south, this is the first time that a top-requested character, that is actually deserving of a spot (Sorry Geno fans), is snubbed for other characters. In the case of Brawl, a majority of the characters who were the top requested made it into the game. Sorry for the negativity, I'm just kind of a negative thinker, have been all my life.

Sakurai never planned to add Ridley in Melee and Brawl in the first place. Sakurai is not out to get you Ridley fans. :rolleyes:
You're missing the point. The point is that while the speculation and want for Ridley was high in Brawl, it's SO much higher now, Ridley being one of the prime candidates like that of Little Mac and King K.Rool. The point is that no character requested as much as Ridley, and is actually very deserving (Again, Sorry Geno fans), has ever been treated like this. Regardless if you're against Ridley or not, making him a Stage Hazard now of all times is basically the equivalent of Sakurai flipping us the bird. If this was Melee, maybe it'd be understandable for the point in the series it was at, but we're two games past that, and this is completely unacceptable.

D

Deleted member

Never got a chance to read this, but now that I can read it for myself, this sounds more like he's hinting at Ridley being revealed soon rather than discussing Ridley being a stage hazard or w/e.

He's clearly toying with us, but I dunno why you're all throwing a b*tch fit, this is actually GOOD news you whiny sissies. Then again, as I said before, it's hard to tell considering it's a translation. W/e, we\ll know soon enough.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Never got a chance to read this, but now that I can read it for myself, this sounds more like he's hinting at Ridley being revealed soon rather than discussing Ridley being a stage hazard or w/e.

He's clearly toying with us, but I dunno why you're all throwing a b*tch fit, this is actually GOOD news you whiny sissies. Then again, as I said before, it's hard to tell considering it's a translation. W/e, we\ll know soon enough.
Actually, now that I read it over...the context used for possibly hinting to Ridley doesn't seem to have anything to do with the stage, but rather the fact of Ridley, if it is the enemy hinted to, being seen by a more personal means of interaction, AKA Ridley and Samus finally being able to duke it out in Super Smash Bros. And again, we worry because Sakurai's words have been turned around before, and I'm a downer, but that's a different story!

Also, isn't Gamescon today? Is Nintendo going to the event? If so...there may be a chance for more reveals...and if that's the case...holy crap, talk about a quick change of thought patterns, I must be bipolar. :p

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Everything but the first option would just piss people off to an incredible extent, especially considering the situation with Ridley right now. He's one of the very few true Nintendo All-Stars that have not been playable yet, and with Brawl fleshing out the roster so much, there's not that much left to choose from. If this goes south, this is the first time that a top-requested character, that is actually deserving of a spot (Sorry Geno fans), is snubbed for other characters. In the case of Brawl, a majority of the characters who were the top requested made it into the game. Sorry for the negativity, I'm just kind of a negative thinker, have been all my life.
Whether it pisses us off or not is irrelevant. Ultimately, the size argument is the key to Ridley's success or demise. We all know Ridley CAN be resized, but whether Sakurai thinks it's best or not is a complete wildcard.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It can be taken as either one.

However I feel that if Ridley is not revealed in the span of two weeks at most, we can disregard him as an PC. As Sakurai most likely meant "will appear soon...." in the Other M stage, of course.

... On the other hand Sakurai might have gotten fed up with the Miiverse Ridley fighting, and decided to put an early end to it.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
It would definitely be an odd choice, and I'm not saying this is at all likely because of the really strange thought process that would've had to go into it, but is it at all possible that Ridley popping out of the telltale crack could actually be part of his newcomer intro video? It would definitely make for a good fake out. I can't fathom why they would model the stage as such purely for that reason, but stranger things have happened, I guess, although the timing doesn't seem right seeing as we just got Luigi's confirmation. To my knowledge, though, there aren't any announced Metroid games at the moment, so if he was going to be revealed, it would probably be at a comparatively random time rather than alongside a new release like Luigi and Olimar.

At any rate, time shall tell. We can at least hope for a bit of trolling that -doesn't- deconfirm him, such as some random lesser enemies popping out instead.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This week will decide Ridley's fate. Sakurai really managed to turn to fanbase into a frenzy. :dizzy:

ChronoBound's posts in the Ridley thread are demoralizing. :urg:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Sakurai is a crazy b******. So the stage hazard thing seems like a legitimate worry.
Crazy, perhaps... stupid on the other hand, not in the slightest. The last thing Sakurai would want to do is to catch this level of flack this early in the game's development. Also, the way the stage arcs at the edges...it really looks like the lava of the stage may be in effect to keep the tradition of Metroid stages.

Just saw today's picture. Seems like Ridley's going to get revealed soon!
How do you stay so positive? I must know your secret. :p

D

Deleted member

Whether it pisses us off or not is irrelevant. Ultimately, the size argument is the key to Ridley's success or demise. We all know Ridley CAN be resized, but whether Sakurai thinks it's best or not is a complete wildcard.

The size argument is a stupid argument to begin with, I'm not even gonna try to debunk it on the sheer basis of how absurd it really is.

It's great for trolling and fun, but if you seriously believe that it's a legitemate worry about character inclusion, then let me introduce you to THIS little guy:

Dude's the size of a coin canonically...

However I feel that if Ridley is not revealed in the span of two weeks at most, we can disregard him as an PC. As Sakurai most likely meant "will appear soon...." in the Other M stage, of course.

... On the other hand Sakurai might have gotten fed up with the Miiverse Ridley fighting, and decided to put an early end to it.

Disagree, the time limit is set by the game's launch, so in between now and the release of the actual game Ridley is a viable candidate for being revealed. Unless Sakurai openly deconfirms it.

Watch as this is the only hint about Ridley for the week. :laugh:
Thank you, somebody ****ING gets it.

Sakurai is just teasing us, this picture doesn't change anyting.

I swear to God, all this rationale reminds me of my younger days when dating girls.

>does she like me or not, I wonder? Well, she said this and that, and that she would call, but she hasn't... datta datta da.

Look guys, it's all in your head, you're mentally masturbating yourselves over ONE picture. Just let it go and move on, and eventually you'll find out, or... don't it's fun watching you guys go all crazy anyway.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Given the high chances of Ridley being a hidden character if playable, I wouldn't be expecting him to be announced anytime soon. We probably won't know until launch day or a few days before.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
The size argument is a stupid argument to begin with, I'm not even gonna try to debunk it on the sheer basis of how absurd it really is.

It's great for trolling and fun, but if you seriously believe that it's a legitemate worry about character inclusion, then let me introduce you to THIS little guy:

Dude's the size of a coin canonically...
Yeah, I know about Olimar. But who knows, maybe Sakurai has less of a problem with upsizing than he does with downsizing (Don't bring up Bowser. I know).

I'm basing my worry more so off of the fact Ridley was a boss in Brawl and that Sakurai is, again, a complete wildcard.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I know about Olimar. But who knows, maybe Sakurai has less of a problem with upsizing than he does with downsizing (Don't bring up Bowser. I know).

I'm basing my worry more so off of the fact Ridley was a boss in Brawl and that Sakurai is, again, a complete wildcard.
ManlySpirit said:
Thank you, somebody ****ING gets it.

I swear to God, all this rationale reminds me of my younger days when dating girls.

>does she like me or not, I wonder? Well, she said this and that, and that she would call, but she hasn't... datta datta da.

Look guys, it's all in your head, you're mentally masturbating yourselves over ONE picture. Just let it go and move on, and eventually you'll find out, or... don't it's fun watching you guys go all crazy anyway.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
How do you stay so positive? I must know your secret. :p
It's part of my personality, I guess. Throughout my toughest times in life I've always seemed to look at the bright side of things and with Ridley, Ridley is the most wanted newcomer for Smash 4 and Sakarai knows that the Wii U is in trouble and that Smash 4 is one of the few games that can sell the Wii U by itself. If he adds Ridley, that will be pretty much both a game seller and a system seller for most people.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It's part of my personality, I guess. Throughout my toughest times in life I've always seemed to look at the bright side of things and with Ridley, Ridley is the most wanted newcomer for Smash 4 and Sakarai knows that the Wii U is in trouble and that Smash 4 is one of the few games that can sell the Wii U by itself. If he adds Ridley, that will be pretty much both a game seller and a system seller for most people.
That is true, it's very possible those ideals are definitely enough to warrant Ridley a spot. Let's just hope to Christ Sakurai thinks the same. Not to mention that hole is in the background of the stage, there's no stage with a breakable background, all breakable objects usually being in the foreground.

If there's anything that's more painful than those who think Samus is a guy, it's those that think her name is actually Metroid. :urg:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

For starters, there's absolutely no need to be rude about it. Next, it's more so the quote that implies Ridley will appear "at any second". Can you blame us for trying to figure out how? We are SPECULATORS, after all. Finally, I haven't said a damn thing that leads toward any particular possibility. I just said that I think making him a stage hazard is a stupid idea. I know full well it's still up in the air. SHEESH :glare:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Alright, from what I've seen, I think I can deconfirm the design of Ridley being a stage hazard in this stage.

First off, the hole is in the background, meaning that the background is a set design that cannot be altered by destructive means. All stages in Smash Bros only have destructive objects in the foreground or on the same ground as the characters. That, and it looks as if said hole is big enough to fit a downsized Ridley with shrunken wings. The area near the center is wider, hence where the body went through, and the areas outside that are the spread-out of Ridley's wings. The only place for Ridley to possibly come out of is the lava, and even then, he has nowhere to go if he's designed to be bigger than that of the player characters.

D

Deleted member

For starters, there's absolutely no need to be rude about it. Next, it's more so the quote that implies Ridley will appear "at any second". Can you blame us for trying to figure out how? We are SPECULATORS, after all. Finally, I haven't said a damn thing that leads toward any particular possibility. I just said that I think making him a stage hazard is a stupid idea. I know full well it's still up in the air. SHEESH :glare:
Lol, I wasn't being rude about it man. It's just who I am, I recommend you don't take anything I say personally, as I tend to get in people's faces all the time.

Anyway, I think I'll sit back and enjoy the meltdown. It's more fun trolling you guys than trying to reason with you.

gif very much related
peoplejumpinginhole.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom