• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I'd actually change Paper Mario who seems to have been put there just to complete a 2nd column of "Mario" characters. K.Rool could fulfill that role just as easy, since people tell me he appeared in one of the Strikers games.

But my main gripe is how Little Mac is still being branded RETRO.... Because apparently 2009 was so long ago, and 2010 for Kid Icarus was only yesterday.
XD
If anything Captain Falcon is more retro now.

BTW I seem to notice the new thing is to create bigger rosters (in size, not character slots). I find that kinda cooler, I didn't quite like the previous versions.
I have K. Rool on my main roster, but I tried to think like Sakurai for a minute and had to cut someone who seems pretty likely, and I didn't wanna cut Ridley.
Paper Mario and Duck Hunt Dog are one's I like, but for theses purposes are placeholders for similar characters.
Switch Captain Falcon and Little Mac's positions, I'm not glued to them.

And yeah the file is big because I had it big in photoshop for resolution and didn't feel like shrinking it for the sake of the upload.

View attachment 2269

CAN SOMEBODY GRADE MY ROSTER AND SEE WHAT I NEED TO IMPROVE!!! :p

I think it's very good. I think too many people dismiss Sonic too soon. Lucina seems cool, but from what I've seen she's nothing but Marth with lady parts, so I need good reason to include her over Ike. Also your Pokemon trainer needs a haircut.

xXBlazeMonkeyXx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xXBlazeMonkeyXx
For starters, Isaac's more likely than Matthew, and if Red's gettin' replaced, it isn't going to be by another trainer. And NO SONIC?!?!?!
i think that sonic and snake should stay as brawl exclusive but i will be ok if sonic does return for ssb4. :)

Gune

Smash Lord
View attachment 2268

I made myself try to come up with a roster that was a little smaller in size than my ideal roster (44 slots seems realistic for Smash 4). I made myself make cuts, even ones that are really REALLY unnecessary, but reminiscent of the Melee cuts (Mewtwo, Roy). And I threw in a random character that everybody doesn't see coming (Duck Hunt Dog) and one that doesn't seem likely but isn't so out there (Paper Mario). By no means do I think the real roster will be this one, but I think it'll be something similar in overall scope. Any thoughts?
Could do without duckhunt dog since it has Little mac and Takamaru I dont see see how Lucario and snake are "REALLY" unnecessary yet toon link isnt, Mario franchise is a bit overwhelming.

7/10
Could use some work.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Every time I see a roster with a Pokemon Trainer on it who isn't Red, a little fraction of my soul dies.

I've only got like 2% of my soul left. Stop it guys, it's not cool.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I respect all thoughts, but I'll fight anybody on Falco cut before Wolf. It's like cutting Luigi in favor of a Koopaling. Don't get me wrong I love Wolf and I don't want him cut, but you can't say he's more important to Smash Bros. than Falco.
I find Wolf way more important to StarFox and more different than Fox than Falco is. We can start a whole debate on it if you want to.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Has anyone really discussed what Bomberman's standard attacks would be? Does him punching people feel right to people? It actually seems kinda weird to me.

But, I guess he kicks his bombs, so... kickin' people isn't so different.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Every time I see a roster with a Pokemon Trainer on it who isn't Red, a little fraction of my soul dies.

I've only got like 2% of my soul left. Stop it guys, it's not cool.
On the bright side, your Aura Gauge is through the roof.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Has anyone really discussed what Bomberman's standard attacks would be? Does him punching people feel right to people? It actually seems kinda weird to me.

He punch AND kick his bombs , Bomberman hero and the other 64 games has potential for a moveset,also,super smash flash 2 has bomberman as a character and it's pretty cool XD

Espio264

Smash Ace
I find Wolf way more important to StarFox and more different than Fox than Falco is. We can start a whole debate on it if you want to.
Wolf is the dark Samus/ Wario/ warped dark Mirror image character for Star Fox. Andross is the real villain. Just because Wolf is hunched and his animations are a little different, doesnt make him any less a Fox clone than Falco. Falco's importance is evident in his 2 time veteran status and his bad ass role in Subspace emissary. I love Wolf and I don't want him cut, but nobody gives Falco any credit anymore. He's the only flat out clone of another character from his series to make the jump from Melee to Brawl for a good reason: He was too awesome to cut. But hey, just my opinion. Here's to getting both back!

Gune

Smash Lord

Smash flash Bomberman moveset is IMO very creative so I would think he would work like that.

Gune

Smash Lord
Because Rayman Legends is like the only decent game that will be released in september XD
also this feature in the game :

Well,it's a possibility hahaha
I think there doing that because its on the wiiu It would be a bit more likely if rayman had some connection with nintendo like megaman or sonic.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Wolf is the dark Samus/ Wario/ warped dark Mirror image character for Star Fox. Andross is the real villain. Just because Wolf is hunched and his animations are a little different, doesnt make him any less a Fox clone than Falco. Falco's importance is evident in his 2 time veteran status and his bad *** role in Subspace emissary. I love Wolf and I don't want him cut, but nobody gives Falco any credit anymore. He's the only flat out clone of another character from his series to make the jump from Melee to Brawl for a good reason: He was too awesome to cut. But hey, just my opinion. Here's to getting both back!
Wolf is a rival and the only feasible villain we have, being a villain before. Most of his specials(which I believe you are talking about) are pretty different than Fox and Falco's with the exception with the neutral and down specials.Wolf was originally going to be the 2nd StarFox character to be in Melee, but he looked to much like Fox at the time, so they put in Falco who looks alot different than Wold did at the time, and was one of the more important characters behind Wolf. If Wolf looked a bit different than Fox, he would have made it into Melee instead of Falco. I also don't think him having a cool role once in Subspace really makes him important. But yes, we should have both back.

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
What would happen if ALL the series were just like the Mario series? (If every series had 5 characters)
Brawl Characters plus....

Mario: + Bowser Jr.
DK: + K.Rool, Dixie and Cranky
Legend of Zelda: + Tingle
Metroid: + Ridley, Dark Samus and 2 hunters
Yoshi: + Kamek, Shy Guy, Baby Bros. and Birdo (Forcefully)
Kirby: + Bandana Dee and Knuckle Joe
Star Fox: + Krystal and Slippy
Pokemon: + Mewtwo
Earthbound: + Claus, Porky and Ninten
F-Zero: + Samurai Goro, Black Shadow, Jody Summer and Pico
Fire Emblem: + Roy, Lyn and Robin
Kid Icarus: + Palutena, Medusa, Dark Pit and Magnus
Wario: + Mona, Ashley, C. Syrup and Jimmy T.
Pikimin: + Louie, Charlie, Brittany and Alph
Animal Crossing: + Tom Nook, Mr. Resetti, KK Slider and Villager Female
Sonic: + Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman and Amy
Metal Gear: (no idea)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I remember his moveset in Dream Mix TV to be really bland.

Yeah, he punched and kicked, and threw bombs... That's it.

I mean, throwing bombs was a lot of fun back then, but by SSB(4)s standards, it'll fall short in comparison to the rest of the casts' moves. Heck, Link does that already, so does Snake in a greater varriety. I'm personally more of a fan of Bomberman than Snake, but if BM wants to get over Snake, he will need a lot more than just throwing bombs in his moveset.

Simon Belmont on the other hand... Moveset possibilities, music possibilities, different artistic style, and a slightly darker tone. I think he'd contribute a lot more.
But again... he has to get in over Snake. It's a shame, the battle is already lost. Snake is way more popular, especially in Japan.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I remember his moveset in Dream Mix TV to be really bland.

Yeah, he punched and kicked, and threw bombs... That's it.

I mean, throwing bombs was a lot of fun back then, but by SSB(4)s standards, it'll fall short in comparison to the rest of the casts' moves. Heck, Link does that already, so does Snake in a greater varriety. I'm personally more of a fan of Bomberman than Snake, but if BM wants to get over Snake, he will need a lot more than just throwing bombs in his moveset.

Cross-shaped explosions, motherfricker.

I still don't want him in, but his weird plus-shaped explosions would be more than interesting enough to me, even if his moveset was primarily bombs. Combine that with kicking his bombs, rubber bombs and an ability to have far more bombs on-screen than any current explosives user and that'd be pretty sweet. Not that I'd want him in over other third-parties, but Bomberman could do plenty to be unique.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I still don't want him in, but his weird plus-shaped explosions would be more than interesting enough to me, even if his moveset was primarily bombs. Combine that with kicking his bombs, rubber bombs and an ability to have far more bombs on-screen than any current explosives user and that'd be pretty sweet. Not that I'd want him in over other third-parties, but Bomberman could do plenty to be unique.

Hmmm.. Yeah that could work.

... But he needs to have a bomb that pulls THIS explosion off. :D

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Hey guys. Two questions for you all.

1) If you had to pick one of Ridley, K. Rool and Little Mac to not appear in Smash Bros. 4 in any form, which would it be?
2) What do you guys think about a roster competition? keybladeguy just finished his here, and I'm wondering if you guys would be cool with running the idea again, but with better judgement (probably a community poll and tournament bracket). There was something similar on Gamefaqs that ended like a week ago so you guys could check that out for what I'm thinking of.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

Hmm, would his bombs be cross-shaped, though? In the 3D games that I've played his bombs were standard spherical. I suppose he could have both... Heh, maybe he could swap between Cross, Big (spherical) and Remote Detonation?

Or, uh, he could use...
http://bomberman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Items
Those.

Hmm, reading through these I kind of want to play http://bomberman.wikia.com/wiki/Bomberman_Quest.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

1) If you had to pick one of Ridley, K. Rool and Little Mac to not appear in Smash Bros. 4 in any form, which would it be?
2) What do you guys think about a roster competition? keybladeguy just finished his here, and I'm wondering if you guys would be cool with running the idea again, but with better judgement (probably a community poll and tournament bracket). There was something similar on Gamefaqs that ended like a week ago so you guys could check that out for what I'm thinking of.
1. GAHH!!! UGHH!! Uh.... K.Rool? I think most of his supporters would ultimately be okay with Dixie Kong. Ridley and Little Mac have no one else who can take their place.
2.I'm for it. The contest that just happened while, a cool idea, just wasn't handled well at all. Mainly because he critiqued rosters before the final winner was announced. Would you like to partner up and do something like that?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yeah. I was thinking something like that.

I'll send you a PM and we can figure out how to organize this.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

1.) Well Little Mac will always be safe in my picks. :awesome: I admit I'm not THAT big a fan of the other two (to play as), though I AM more fan of Metroid than DKC. And I feel Ridley would, IMO, feel more unique than K.Rool (played all Metroids, played all DKCs) And I think most of his attacks as a BOSS in Brawl could easily translate into a playable character.
I feel almost the same about the two, but for the sake of diversity... I'll have to drop K.Rool. Nothing personal, though.

2.) Well... I don't usually participate in them. My last one was pretty well received, and I'll just leave it at that. XD

CalumG

Smash Lord
Hmm, would his bombs be cross-shaped, though? In the 3D games that I've played his bombs were standard spherical. I suppose he could have both... Heh, maybe he could swap between Cross, Big (spherical) and Remote Detonation?
He doesn't have to use his cross-shaped bombs but they're a unique feature of his games that I can't help but think Sakurai would pick up on, especially given his love for classic references. If Sakurai put Bomberman in but not the cross-shaped explosions, it'd be like him putting in Sonic without the spin-dash, Mario without the fireball, Megaman without the powers of the Robot Masters - just because it hasn't been in every game, it's still a defining feature of his character.

Without the unique traits of his explosions in all of his more popular and iconic games, Bomberman goes from being Bomberman to just being a man with bombs... in my opinion at least.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Well first my reaction to the prospect of having to choose who not to appear in the first place.

Second, it would appear I would just be playing favorites here, but I legitimately think the majority of the Intranets would survive if our hefty king fellow were to return to his own series before debuting in Smash, as opposed to the inevitable ****storm that will happen if either Ridley or Lil' Mac weren't playable...again. Sadly K. Rool just barely falls short of my desire/like for the other two (Ridley being my favorite reptile, Mac being my favorite guy in shorts/boxing gloves) and I would legitimately enjoy another DK rep were he to miss the metaphorical ship again, which is more than I could say for Metroid or Punch-Out!!!.

Lastly, I realize I took the time to respond with a more-than-fleshed-out answer in a seemingly civil manner, but I do not condone most speculation in the first place, much less competitions revolving around so. I also do not care much for Gamefaqs, and would rather ideas originating from there stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom