• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What if Smash had 1 character per series? I'd have:
Mario
Link
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Samus
Fox
Pikachu
Tom Nook
Pit
Little Mac
Olimar
Kirby
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth

Any others?

In this regard, I'd really like it if Diddy was to be paired up with DK. As in DKC Returns.

It has by now happened more than Diddy and Dixie pair ups, counting: DK Jungle Climber, DKC: Returns, DKC: Returns 3DS and DKCR Tropical Freeze. So yeah. Basically imagine, DK's regular moves, Diddy's Up B, Side B becomes Peanut Popgun shot by Diddy, and Diddy assists in some Smashes and aerials.

Otherwise, it would most likely be this. Zero Suit Samus can still be playable to however.

D

Deleted member

Also I forgot to mention that the 3rd gen of Pokemon is not yet represented in a Smash game.

And except a Hoenn Trainer, there's not a lot of choices to represent it.

Deoxys ? Another legendary psychic Pokemon is already utter-likely to return.

Plusle and Minum ? Gawd no, they are two of the Pokemon I like the least.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Also I forgot to mention that the 3rd gen of Pokemon is not yet represented in a Smash game.

And except a Hoenn Trainer, there's not a lot of choices to represent it.

Deoxys ? Another legendary psychic Pokemon is already utter-likely to return.

Plusle and Minum ? Gawd no, they are two of the Pokemon I like the least.
Hoenn being unrepresented is no excuse for replacing Red. As I said before, that's like replacing Marth with another Fire Emblem lord, or Snake with Raiden.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hoenn being unrepresented is no excuse for replacing Red. As I said before, that's like replacing Marth with another Fire Emblem lord, or Snake with Raiden.
Yeah, I doubt Sakurai even cares about Gen Representation.

And we did have Gen 3 representation in Brawl. We had Rayquaza as a boss. If anything, I bet the same will happen to Gen 5.

D

Deleted member

Still, it would be a bit a waste if Pokemon Trainer's original moveset is not used with other generations' starters.
And I really don't see 2 trainers in the same game. :ohwell:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What if Smash had 1 character per series?
By what we have right now.

Mario
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Pit
Pikachu
Kirby
Captain Falcon
Fox McCloud
Ness
Marth
Olimar
Villager
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Wii Fit Trainer
Sonic the Hedgehog
Snake
Mega Man

CalumG

Smash Lord
Still, it would be a bit a waste if Pokemon Trainer's original moveset is not used with other generations' starters.
And I really don't see 2 trainers in the same game. :ohwell:
No, it wouldn't be a waste. I've already explained why Pokemon Trainer Red makes far more sense than Pokemon Trainer Brendan or Gold or Gary or whomever else people may suggest. Red is the most re-occurring Pokemon protagonist, the domino that sets every event in both the first and second generation into place, and his starters are the most popular. He inspired Ash and quite simply, among average people (aka "filthy casuals" :troll: ) more people would want to play as Charizard than any other starter. There won't be two Pokemon Trainers and Pokemon Trainer won't be replaced by a different trainer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just one Pokémon boss is good.

And like Manly, I feel old being a 1990 born and 23 years old.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
My top picks:

Petey Piranha or Bouldergeist
Gohma or Vaati
Regigigas or Kyurem
Mother Brain
Dyna Blade
Goras or Bacoon (Star Fox)
Kraken of the Sea or The Barrier Trio (Earthbound)
Twinbellows
Titan Dweevil or Quaggled Mireclops (Pikmin)
Guts Man Tank

I'd really like to see some puzzle bosses. Like, bosses where your job isn't to just wail on it constantly, but to make use of exposing a weakpoint. Opening up Bacoon's shell to do massive damage and a colossus-climb style fight with the Mireclops come to mind as examples.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
My top picks:

Gohma or Vaati
Regigigas or Kyurem
Mother Brain
Dyna Blade
Twinbellows
Guts Man Tank

I'd really like to see some puzzle bosses. Like, bosses where your job isn't to just wail on it constantly, but to make use of exposing a weakpoint. Opening up Bacoon's shell to do massive damage and a colossus-climb style fight with the Mireclops come to mind as examples.
Honestly this is one of the most interesting boss lists I've seen, especially because it has variety unlike "Huge thing that can go around"

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
I thought there wasn't going to be a story-mode like SSE? I suppose they could do a boss rush mode anyway like they did in Brawl.

As long as all the bosses actually come from Nintendo games I'm not too fussed. If I have to fight generic-mech and his 17 friends again I will not be best pleased.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My top picks:

Gohma or Vaati
Regigigas or Kyurem
Mother Brain
Dyna Blade
Twinbellows
Guts Man Tank

Absolute yes for Bouldergeist.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I thought there wasn't going to be a story-mode like SSE? I suppose they could do a boss rush mode anyway like they did in Brawl.

As long as all the bosses actually come from Nintendo games I'm not too fussed. If I have to fight generic-mech and his 17 friends again I will not be best pleased.
BOSS RUSH YES

and **** all the bosses that weren't galleom for the non-nintendo stuff.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

Nothing to say we couldn't get a Melee-like adventure mode with bosses instead of staged character fights. Go through Mushroom Kingdom, fight Petey. Go through a Zelda Dungeon, fight Gohma. Go through Tourian, fight Mother Brain. So on.
BOSS RUSH YES

and **** all the bosses that weren't galleom for the non-nintendo stuff.
**** ALL THE BOSSES THAT WERE NON-NINTENDO

All two of them.

Three? That Duon, man.

D

Deleted member

My top picks:

Gohma or Vaati
Regigigas or Kyurem
Mother Brain
Dyna Blade
Twinbellows
Guts Man Tank

Twinrova would be a sweet boss.

Yellow Devil HAS to be a Boss now that Megaman is in, and Fawful and Mother Brain are must have bosses as well.

You know who I'd love to see as bosses?

Gruntilda and Death.

Fighting Death would be intense, and Grunty would be worth it for the nostalgia alone.

I hope we get Metal Gear REX as a boss too, that'd be awesome.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
There's actually 4 Non-Nintendo bosses. Tabuu, Duon and Galleom is fought twice. Considering the Nintendo bosses are Rayquaza, Petey, Porky and the two Ridley forms, that's 4/9 non-Nintendo bosses. To say nothing about the normal enemies being mostly generic primids and other all-sorted rubbish.

D

Deleted member

i wonder if we could get third-party bosses, especially if yellow devil is one and if we'll get others
I don't see why not, I mean, the legal issues are sorted might as well make the most of it. If we can get 3rd party ATs, Bosses should be doable as well.

Eggman an REX should have been bosses in Brawl.

Which, btw, Eggman needs to be a Boss in Smash4 as well.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wait, how are Tabuu, Duon and Galleom Non-Nintendo bosses? Is Super Smash Bros a Non-Nintendo series now? :dizzy:

I think what you guys should say are Smash-Original bosses... I don't know, it just sounds.... less wrong.... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom