• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I know it was a few pages back, but I'll be happy to bring it up again out of curiosity - what's the deal with Takamaru? When did he become such a popular choice for rosters, to the point that some consider him to be a 'shoe-in'? Is this just another Smash community fad like Geno was pre-Brawl?

Because honestly, the guy looks like an interesting character. I've not played much Murasame Castle but I know the guys got potential. That being said, Takamaru was never this popular even as recently as just a year ago. I know Shortie's polls don't count for much, but if you look at them, Takamaru always ranked pretty damn poorly until Nintendo Land came out. I don't want to jump on the 'most people only care because of Nintendo Land' bandwagon but honestly... yeah. Most people only care because of Nintendo Land. Polls show that he took a statistical upturn around the time of Nintendo Land.

I know Sakurai's shown something of a soft spot for the guy in his journals, and I even know there are some genuine fans out there, but it does honestly boggle my mind that some people treat him like a dead cert.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I know it was a few pages back, but I'll be happy to bring it up again out of curiosity - what's the deal with Takamaru? When did he become such a popular choice for rosters, to the point that some consider him to be a 'shoe-in'? Is this just another Smash community fad like Geno was pre-Brawl?
Hey look you answered your own question.

Anything else?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pokemon Trainer isn't going anywhere thanks to a special anime involving him. So the real Pokemon charater in danger of returning is Lucario despite his awesome Mega Form.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Lucario and Jiggly are in danger, but not by much. Honestly, my guess for them really depends on the scope of the roster.

Also who thinks they should just say **** it and reveal the whole roster at E3 2014 along with a release date? People would flip.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Lucario and Jiggly are in danger, but not by much. Honestly, my guess for them really depends on the scope of the roster.

Also who thinks they should just say **** it and reveal the whole roster at E3 2014 along with a release date? People would flip.
I just want to play as everyone any way I wouldn't mind XD

CalumG

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer isn't going anywhere thanks to a special anime involving him. So the real Pokemon charater in danger of returning is Lucario despite his awesome Mega Form.
Truthfully - and this isn't roster related at all - the new Pokemon Origins anime just really makes me want them to do a game in a re-imagined Kanto. xD Yes, I know they made FireRed and LeafGreen but that was pretty much a tile-for-tile remake of Red and Green. With bigger towns, the new 3D graphics, riding Pokemon, more story depth, swarms and flying battles... hnnggngnggggg Pokemon Red and Green 3D would be so hot.

Jesus Christ when did I become such a Genwunner. Kill me now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's probably a contribution to The Mysterious Murasame Castle gaining more publicity in recent years, it's one of those things that has just reappeared in some sort of way. When something is more well known, naturally attention is going to be grabbed in some sort of fashion. It's also worth mentioning that Takamaru did have some modest popularity from Japanese audiences in the past, along with other misfits like Lip and Sukapon. I suppose people are alright with the concept of Takamaru is because of his characteristics of samurai and ninja, and can bring more of a distinctive Japanese inspired motif that is currently unexplored in Super Smash Bros. However, the people that are calling shoe-in are simply being reckless with their expectations, as arguably the biggest supporter of Takamaru I'd say that thinking like that is a bad idea.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
it's gonna happen

it's just

just watch

Hell, I'll say it might get leaked on neogaf by the end of this year. We've had a bull leak already, so with fake leaks we know a real one will probably be coming.
wait...

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO'S UNCLE APPARENTLY WORKS AT GAME FREAK! THEY ARE INDEED MAKING pokemon magma ruby and aqua sapphire AND IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED BEFORE 2024! IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED WITH pokemon natural emerald ON WII U WITH CROSS PLATFORM CAPABILITY

there, I just did a bull leak for you. no need to go looking.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
pokemon magma ruby and aqua safpphire lol. ten of ten
wait...

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO'S UNCLE APPARENTLY WORKS AT GAME FREAK! THEY ARE INDEED MAKING pokemon magma ruby and aqua sapphire AND IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED BEFORE 2024! IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED WITH pokemon natural emerald ON WII U WITH CROSS PLATFORM CAPABILITY

there, I just did a bull leak for you. no need to go looking.
The thing about that leak though was it was actually on Neogaf (Or somewhere else) And actually had more. Unfortunately, it was revealed as bull.

CalumG

Smash Lord
This is the hypest, (still hoping for name change to red for pk trainer and getting blue someday in smash)

I've watched this trailer 10 times and counting.

Like seriously, I wish this was a series rather than (more likely) a one-off OVA. It seriously looks like what the Pokemon anime should have been all along - it follows the games closer (by the looks of it at least) and has better animation/drawing quality to it.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
pokemon magma ruby and aqua safpphire lol. ten of ten

The thing about that leak though was it was actually on Neogaf (Or somewhere else) And actually had more. Unfortunately, it was revealed as bull.
wait that was an actual thing?

XD I made it up

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
wait that was an actual thing?

XD I made it up
XD No, it was other names. I don't have it on me but yeah, it seems like it'll happen soon anyways. Plus we've had two gen updates in the gap, so I don't see a much longer wait, especially with 3DS needing a line-up for 2014 and 2015 from the looks of it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Are we talking about Gen 3 remakes here?

I'll buy them in a heartbeat. I actually expected them to come in Gen V, think this is better. :)

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
A Generation 3 remake would be nice, but right now I have to say X & Y look very impressive with its new features, a rarity in Pokemon.

CalumG

Smash Lord

Blaziken and Lucario shown off on Wii U hardware (I believe). I guess that means Blaziken and Lucario are playable in Smash. Right guys? Right guys? Just like how Jigglypuff being Fairy-type means he's playable and Megaevolution means Mewtwo is playable? :troll:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
for the gen 3 remake, we get to see all the pokemon that are now fairy type! like marril or skitty.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Anyways, this shows the trainer riding Rhyhorn, showing you can ride other Pokemon, I got this pic on Serebii, as the pokemon gameshow provide more updates for today. Plus, this was part of demo.

Also you can use the mega evolution whenever you want in battle, as long as the ones who can Mega-evolve hold the mega stone.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I've watched this trailer 10 times and counting.

Like seriously, I wish this was a series rather than (more likely) a one-off OVA. It seriously looks like what the Pokemon anime should have been all along - it follows the games closer (by the looks of it at least) and has better animation/drawing quality to it.
I will totally start watching pokemon again if this becomes an anime.

Gune

Smash Lord

Blaziken and Lucario shown off on Wii U hardware (I believe). I guess that means Blaziken and Lucario are playable in Smash. Right guys? Right guys? Just like how Jigglypuff being Fairy-type means he's playable and Megaevolution means Mewtwo is playable? :troll:
Pokemon has its own gameshow? This is news to me.

Gune

Smash Lord
Everytime I see all the poke reps from smash and mewtwo being advertised like this I just get this little gut feeling that everyones coming back with mewtwo being added I just cant see Sakurai or Gamefreak not doing that.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

Maybe this is some new battle revolution game or something, that would be cool XD (hopefully better then PBR XD)
Also though I remember hearing a rumor or whatever about being able to rhydon rhyhorns before it's cool to see in action, and rhyhorn's actually a pretty cool pokemon, honestly now that I think about it his design is better then Rhydon's :p

D

Deleted member

That Lucario and Blaziken pic....

....looks an awful lot like it would be for a fighting game.

PLEASE LET IT BE A FIGHTING GAME.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
New pokemon anime?!?

Based on the original pokemon games?!? Heck yes!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That Lucario and Blaziken pic....

....looks an awful lot like it would be for a fighting game.

PLEASE LET IT BE A FIGHTING GAME.
Pokemon fighting game needs to happen.

If it doesn't happen in my lifetime, then my one wish (that doesn't directly involve myself) will never be fulfilled...

Well, aside from astronauts exploring other planets.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
thirdkoopa has yet to explain how Mii has less character and personality than Villager or Wii Fit Trainer or several other characters i could name.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Charizard is safe.

This is my biggest hype at the moment.
Surpassing anything smash-related since Mega Man.

I REALLY hoped this was a complete anime based on Red.

Definitely means he's not "irrelevant" and one more point for Red.

Is it weird that I'm more hyped at THIS one than the Newtwo VS Genesect movie?

Wonder if it means we'll be seeing (manga spoiler ahead)
Team Rocket Koga and Sabrina as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom