• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Title, please?
"If you had to cut ten characters who would they be"

No I honestly don't understand.
I mean, I know it can be used for quoting, but it's pointless in a forum that has quotations as a feature.
Then honestly, you're new to forums. I really don't know what else to tell you. ">" usually means "implying ____" when used like that or is used with the word implying

Gune

Smash Lord
Look Jiggs won't be replaced, Fairy types, Lucario makes the most sense, not that I want him to leave, but, look:
Pikachu: CONFIRMED
Pokemon Trainer: Very iconic
Mewtwo: Mega Evolution, movie, one mega evolution rep is enough.
Jiggs: Fairy types
Meowth replaceing Lucario is still very unlikely and one Mega evolution is never enough.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
I hate those people who just flare up when they hear someone talk s*** about their Smash-character-opinions. Remember, everyone has an opinion.

SO, If someone says anything about your beloved character, it won't change a thing. This is because we aren't involved in the making of the game!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I hate those people who just flare up when they hear someone talk s*** about their Smash-character-opinions. Remember, everyone has an opinion.

SO, If someone says anything about your beloved character, it won't change a thing. This is because we aren't involved in the making of the game!
this isn't a serious post right

right

some people must seriously be new here or have head trauma

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Meowth missed the boat with the original Smash. The anime isn't that popular any more, not compared to when everyone who was anyone watched the thing in the late 90s. The fact Meowth hasn't been playable in any of the subsequent generations suggests that the anime isn't the main factor in Pokemon selection. If it was we'd have seen Meowth by now.

CalumG

Smash Lord

Yeah. I mean, why even discuss the game and it's characters

it's not like we're working on it or anything, why bother discussing it

oh wait.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Well we have heard that Sakurai has trouble with the Pokémon series, since he doesn't really pick them himself, but asks GameFreak what's the hottest Pokémon and adds it, so basicly it would be Zoroark, Mewtwo or Genesect actually, but Meowth would make sense for a Jiggly replacer, but then again, maybe Sakurai takes interest in Jiggs New "Fairy" Counterpart.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Well we have heard that Sakurai has trouble with the Pokémon series, since he doesn't really pick them himself, but asks GameFreak what's the hottest Pokémon and adds it, so basicly it would be Zoroark, Mewtwo or Genesect actually, but Meowth would make sense for a Jiggly replacer, but then again, maybe Sakurai takes interest in Jiggs New "Fairy" Counterpart.

While I agree with what you're saying, I dare say Sakurai also takes interest in Jiggly's existing assets. *puts on cynical face

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
1-4. Melee fallens (not exactly getting "cuts" but rather, they never "return")
5. Falco
6. Snake
7. Sonic
- - - -
8. Mewtwo (not exactly getting a "cut" but rather, he never "returns")
9. Diddy
10. Mr. Game and Watch

non-biased picks (based on people obsessing for them to cut)
8. Toon Link
9. Purin
10. Lucario

programming difficulty
8. Squirtle
9. Ivysaur
10. Charizard

I think im the only who would be genuinely suprised to see Zoroark in smash.
Me too, lol.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well meowth would be the only pokemon to get in over jiggs that I would accept as he's probably one of the only character's that could have the same level of novelty as jigglypuff...

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Yeah. I mean, why even discuss the game and it's characters

it's not like we're working on it or anything, why bother discussing it

oh wait.
Don't be like that.

We are here to discuss characters, yes. But sometimes people get overly defensive about their characters, which sadly may cause flame wars.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Indead it might be Difficult creating Pokémon Trainer and Ice Climbers for the 3DS
but I have seen in other games that 3DS/DS they use one instead... Say You Only Got Popo and not Nana of the Ice Climbers on the 3DS version
while Both in the Wii U version... Maybe they let Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard be their own Pokémon in 3DS without the Pokétrainer, or only leave 1 of the 3 to be in the 3DS version... (Only if Difficulities should happen)

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
I don't claim to be an expert on game design, I know for a fact a few on the forums study it and I'm just a casual to it, but surely the problems with Pokemon trainer won't be that pronounced seeing as the three pokemon don't appear together (expect for the final smash but that's not difficult) in regular battle. With the Ice Climbers there's essentially an AI who responds to everything you do. With Pokemon you just swap one guy for another, there's no fancy AI involved. PT is more comparable to Zelda than Ice Climbers in terms of technical problems, surely?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I was going to say a Pilot Wings character wouldn't be too surprising and that the game would make a good move set for Goose, but then I remembered this:

:troll:

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
No I honestly don't understand.
I mean, I know it can be used for quoting, but it's pointless in a forum that has quotations as a feature.
Since nobody answered, saying

Mewtwo > Lucario means that depending on the situation Mewtwo is superior to Lucario.

So saying "I want Takamaru in Smash" someone might reply with < Little Mac. Which means Little Mac is a superior choice than Takamaru. It's mostly just based on opinion. Hope I cleared that up.

Guys lighten up, just because someone is new and doesn't understand something doesn't mean you should accuse them of head trauma, just explain and carry on with your day.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I was going to say a Pilot Wings character wouldn't be too surprising and that the game would make a good move set for Goose, but then I remembered this:

:troll:

I don't want Mii's to take over the Pilotwings totaly... so if Nintendo makes any sense, they should focus on devoloping the series more... Now that Pilotwings got a stage, I really hope for Goose to be playable.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't want Mii's to take over the Pilotwings totaly... so if Nintendo makes any sense, they should focus on devoloping the series more... Now that Pilotwings got a stage, I really hope for Goose to be playable.
But, Miis are the new main characters of the Pilot Wings Series and have everything Goose has. And I wouldn't use a stage as something to give you hope. Nintendogs, Hanenbow, Spirit Tracks, and Animal Crossing got stages.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Since nobody answered, saying

Mewtwo > Lucario means that depending on the situation Mewtwo is superior to Lucario.

So saying "I want Takamaru in Smash" someone might reply with < Little Mac. Which means Little Mac is a superior choice than Takamaru. It's mostly just based on opinion. Hope I cleared that up.
2 things

1. Mewtwo is superior as a PRIORITIZED SMASH CHARACTER. I still think Lucario is better (THIS IS COMING FROM A HARD GEN WHO USED TO FAV MEWTWO! OH, YEAH HE'S THAT AWESOME!) :p
  2. Little Mac ain't no Retro Rep. Why are we comparing him to Takamaru?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yeah I know the Mii's took over the lates Pilotwings, but I kinda hope Nintendo goes back to their roots with the characters of Pilotwings 64. And devolope them further, and make the series a better one. And Mii's could be a character in the Pilotwings YES. But not as the "Main", so for future Pilotwings games, I hope they go back to the olders...

Yeah I won't be hurt if Goose isn't a playable or any clasic Pilotwings characters, But it would be fun to see. I'm just happy Pilotwings get some recognition in the Smash Bros Universe. :)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I know the Mii's took over the lates Pilotwings, but I kinda hope Nintendo goes back to their roots with the characters of Pilotwings 64. And devolope them further, and make the series a better one. And Mii's could be a character in the Pilotwings YES. But not as the "Main", so for future Pilotwings games, I hope they go back to the olders...

Yeah I won't be hurt if Goose isn't a playable or any clasic Pilotwings characters, But it would be fun to see. I'm just happy Pilotwings get some recognition in the Smash Bros Universe. :)
Yeah, seeing the characters from Pilot Wings 64 become a recurring franchise would be cool.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Meh I'm okay with Mii's making it in under one condition though. They need to be silent, they shouldn't be voiced, especially not with their awful voices from the Mario Kart games..... :urg:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I don't see a point in Mii... Well for other games I guess they are ok. But for Smash? No, we already got Villager who is the "Compiled/Random Moveset Character" so Mii could be some sort of clone to Villager? hmm... Not Needed.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai didn't have Miis in the last game for an obvious reason. Brawl began development before the Wii was even released. Miis have appeared in no games and thus have no move set. Now games like Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, StreetPass, Wii Fit U, Wii Party, Wii Party U, Nintendo Land, and Pilot Wings Resort have given them INSANE potential. They are a mascot and they are present on 3DS & Wii U. There is NO reason not to add them.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I don't see a point in Mii... Well for other games I guess they are ok. But for Smash? No, we already got Villager who is the "Compiled/Random Moveset Character" so Mii could be some sort of clone to Villager? hmm... Not Needed.
Being practically the same thing in concept=/=clone but I get what you're saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom