• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah. I just doubt a massive cut roster for many reasons; mainly because we're getting so many vets confirmed. I'm thinking though. Let's say ten characters had to be cut: Who'd you pick?
Mario - Luigi is the real main character, Mario is jsut an extra character who has no importance.
Pikachu - There are hundreds and hundreds of Pokemon to chose from. Why do we need this stupid little mouse.
Ness - Stupid ****ing little kid.
Donkey Kong - Too fat.
Samus - THE GAME IS CALLED METROID NOT SAMUS SO OBVIOUSLY METROID IS THE MAIN CHARACTER.
Marth - Because Anna is the mascot of the series and Marth is just to feminine and can be replaced via Lucina.
Link - Toon Link > Link
Ganondorf - A GIANT PIG IS BETTER THEN A SLOW ASS OLD MAN.
Pit - Stupid ass fairy
Kirby - Too pink and eats to much.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Alright, TOP 10 CLASSIC CHARACTERS I want to see:

8-Bit:
Mike J. (StarTropics)
Dog (Duck Hunt)
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame Jo)
Alice / Balloon Fighter (Balloon Kid / Balloon Fight)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Fighter Hayabusa (Pro Wrestling)
Zoda (StarTropics)

16-Bit:
Lip (Panel de Pon)

64-Bit:
Saki (Sin & Punishment)
Goose / Lark / Hooter (Pilotwings 64)

Top 10 CHARACTERS I'D CUT
(This is a toughie, because I don't really hate a lot of characters... but here we go)

1.-Villager
2.-Toon Link
3.-Dr.Mario (or change to alt.costume)
4.-Snake
5.-Lucario
7.-Lucas
8.-Ike
9.- Young Link
10.- (This will hurt no matter what I choose): Ganondorf. Hope he comes back decloned.
I'm presuming Thirdkoopa meant characters who haven't already been confirmed to be returning/debuting. Villager is already in the game - I don't think he can really be cut.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm presuming Thirdkoopa meant characters who haven't already been confirmed to be returning/debuting. Villager is already in the game - I don't think he can really be cut.
Oh... fine...

Moving the rest up, and I'd add....

1.-Toon Link
2.-Dr.Mario (or change to alt.costume)
3.-Snake
4.-Lucario
5.-Lucas
6.-Ike
7.- Young Link
8.- Ganondorf.
9.-Ice Climbers.
10.- Pichu

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
If I need to remove ten characters, my list will be:
Falco
Lucas
Toon Link
Sheik
ZSS
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic
Snake

.n_n.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I really wish I could have gone to 11 character I would cut as there is one perfect prime canidate left. But nooooooooooooooo it had to be 10. I hate the stupid number 10 now.

THANKS ALLOT FOR THAT KOOPA X 3.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Oh... fine...

Moving the rest up, and I'd add....

1.-Toon Link
2.-Dr.Mario (or change to alt.costume)
3.-Snake
4.-Lucario
5.-Lucas
6.-Ike
7.- Young Link
8.- Ganondorf.
9.-Ice Climbers.
10.- Pichu
I think he was also referring to Brawl's final roster, so why are Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Pichu there when they've already been cut and not confirmed for return?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Yeah. I just doubt a massive cut roster for many reasons; mainly because we're getting so many vets confirmed. I'm thinking though. Let's say ten characters had to be cut: Who'd you pick?
Snake
Sonic
Toon Link
Ike
Lucario
ZSS
Sheik
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Charizard

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think he was also referring to Brawl's final roster, so why are Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Pichu there when they've already been cut and not confirmed for return?

Too many afterthoughts there, for all we know they could come back. :)

j/k

Alright, Version 3.0

1.- Toon Link
2.- Snake
3.- Lucario
4.- Lucas
5.- Ike
6.- Ganondorf
7.- Ice Climbers
8.- Wolf
9.- King Dedede
10.- ROB

And boy was that not easy, lol.

Gune

Smash Lord
1. Snake
2. Toon Link
3. Wolf
4. Lucas
5. Squirtle
6. Ivysuar
7. Charizard
8. Sonic
9. Falco
10. Falcondorf (Ganon can stay though)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Mario - Luigi is the real main character, Mario is jsut an extra character who has no importance.
Pikachu - There are hundreds and hundreds of Pokemon to chose from. Why do we need this stupid little mouse.
Ness - Stupid ****ing little kid.
Donkey Kong - Too fat.
Samus - THE GAME IS CALLED METROID NOT SAMUS SO OBVIOUSLY METROID IS THE MAIN CHARACTER.
Marth - Because Anna is the mascot of the series and Marth is just to feminine and can be replaced via Lucina.
Link - Toon Link > Link
Ganondorf - A GIANT PIG IS BETTER THEN A SLOW *** OLD MAN.
Pit - Stupid *** fairy
Kirby - Too pink and eats to much.
CUT ANOTHER CHARACTER/out of ten

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
1. Dr. Mario
2. Young Link
3. Pichu
4. Ness or Lucas (Guys give me reasons why one should stay over the other.)
5. Snake
6. Roy
7. Toon Link
8. Falco
9. Lucario
10. Ganon (Unless he gets a new moveset, then it's probably Ike)

Wow, that was harder than I thought.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Why does everyone want Meowth in the game? We have all the Pokemon reps that we need (counting Lucario, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Jiggly, and maybe - Trainer). I can see Meowth returning as a Pokeball-Pokemon, though.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Well Meowth, Is still in the "Anime" and Jigglypuff is Not.. So it would make much more sense Meowth being playable.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
1. Dr. Mario
2. Young Link
3. Pichu
4. Ness or Lucas (Guys give me reasons why one should stay over the other.)
5. Snake
6. Roy
7. Toon Link
8. Falco
9. Lucario
10. Ganon (Unless he gets a new moveset, then it's probably Ike)

Wow, that was harder than I thought.
If it comes down to it I believe Ness should definitely stay in over Lucas. Tell me, which one of those two is the only mother character to has his game get an international release is a 3 time vet and recently got a virtual console game?

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone want Meowth in the game? We have all the Pokemon reps that we need (counting Lucario, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Jiggly, and maybe - Trainer). I can see Meowth returning as a Pokeball-Pokemon, though.
Well in the anime Meowth is like the main villain.
He has appeared in (almost) every episode.
He is pretty unique and definitely iconic.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
If meowth was playable, would he be considered a villain character? Because is the anime hes part of Rocket, but he could be just another pokemon. I would consider team rocket to be evil, but they seem to be more comic relief than anything, and their plot usually involves capturing pokemon, mainly pikachu, without using a traditional pokeball

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Well Meowth, Is still in the "Anime" and Jigglypuff is Not.. So it would make much more sense Meowth being playable.
Jiggly is becoming a Fairy type, which might greatly boost it's chances. Additionally, he's been in Smash since the first game - although this may not help him/her as much, Jiggly has a fan-base around him/her. Sakurai does not want to disappoint any character-fan-groups.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
If it comes down to it I believe Ness should definitely stay in over Lucas. Tell me, which one of those two is the only mother character to has his game get an international release is a 3 time vet and recently got a virtual console game?

Well if letting Ness Stay, we could end up with Porky...
If we let Lucas stay, we could end up with Claus/Masked Man...

Jiggly is becoming a Fairy type, which might greatly boost it's chances. Additionally, he's been in Smash since the first game - although this may not help him/her as much, Jiggly has a fan-base around him/her. Sakurai does not want to disappoint any character-fan-groups.
Well true that, but still Jiggly is WAY to alike of Kirby in appearence, and to some edges also Moves Wise... Only thing keeping Jiggly alive is Smash Bros. Basicly.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
If meowth was playable, would he be considered a villain character? Because is the anime hes part of Rocket, but he could be just another pokemon. I would consider team rocket to be evil, but they seem to be more comic relief than anything, and their plot usually involves capturing pokemon, mainly pikachu, without using a traditional pokeball
He would totally be the villain for Pokemon. I guess Mewtwo is the closest we have had to a Pokemon villain in Smash now that I think about it.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
That's why all rosters in the Roster threads are different, since we all want something the others don't. So not seeing Meowth as a Candidate is your view, while others might see him as a great candidate, this goes for all series. Not only Pokémon.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Look Jiggs won't be replaced, Fairy types, Lucario makes the most sense, not that I want him to leave, but, look:
Pikachu: CONFIRMED
Pokemon Trainer: Very iconic
Mewtwo: Mega Evolution, movie, one mega evolution rep is enough.
Jiggs: Fairy types

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well if letting Ness Stay, we could end up with Porky...
If we let Lucas stay, we could end up with Claus/Masked Man...

Well true that, but still Jiggly is WAY to alike of Kirby in appearence, and to some edges also Moves Wise... Only thing keeping Jiggly alive is Smash Bros. Basicly.
Well if it comes down to it Porky>Masked Man also

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
That's why all rosters in the Roster threads are different, since we all want something the others don't. So not seeing Meowth as a Candidate is your view, while others might see him as a great candidate, this goes for all series. Not only Pokémon.
That is what I was trying to say, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom