• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You guys under estimate Sakurai if you don't think he could make K. Rool into a semi clone of Brawl. They could both easy share Fowards Special and Down Special, first uses claws which both characters have and 2nd uses the butt which agian both characters have. And they could shar the same Claw attacks and Leg if attacks if Sakurai wanted them to. I'm not saying he would, I'm just saying the same argument of Dixie being a semi-clone could also apply to K. Rool and that the uniquness of K. Rool can apply to Dixie. It jsut depends on what Sakurai wants to do, however remember it is Sakurai and if anyone could make K. Rool a semi-clon of Bowser he could just as much as he could make K. Rool his own moves and the same logic applies to Dixie.
You can make ANYBODY a semi-clone if you wanted. What's your point? Was somebody doubting K. Rool because they thought he COULDN'T be made a semi-clone???

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You can make ANYBODY a semi-clone if you wanted. What's your point?
That the argument of Dixie being a semi-clone of Diddy if she got in can apply to K. Rool via Bowser and that Dixie could be made just as unique as people think K. Rool would, thus making the argument invalid. That is my point.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong can fight with her hair and have it be her main focus. Do we have a character that can do that yet? Both can be made unique and both can be made semi-clones and thus both bring the same amount of uniqueness.
No character ever did that before because it's ****ing stupid OK I wouldn't be very interested in that but then again, I have no connection to the Donkey Kong series (I never played their games and chances are I never will :/) Realistically speaking I see Dixie Kong if she makes it in as one of those characters that should be more unique then she actually is there's no denying the possibility that Sakurai would go a lazy route and make her a semi clone of Diddy. And you counter by saying K. Rool could be a semi clone of Bowser, but the similarities to draw between Diddy and Dixie are much easier to notice compared to K. Rool and Bowser and Dixie Kong could very easily be ported as a quick clone which K. Rool would not be able to imitate a large amount of Bowser's attacks. At best she'll still feel similar to Diddy Kong because of her attributes like speed and what not but that wouldn't be too bad. And I may be completely wrong about this but I am under the impression that in games like donkey kong country 2 she isn't really supposed to play completely different from Diddy. K. Rool in an ideal world (at least with my ideals) get in over Dixie because I believe Villain>Sidekick of a sidekick :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Am I the only one who counts the upward smash? It's basically the same, but just better.
How?

Mewtwo's up smash is a small swirling galaxy of death.

Lucario's is an upward punch thing with aura effects.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That the argument of Dixie being a semi-clone of Diddy if she got in can apply to K. Rool via Bowser and that Dixie could be made just as unique as people think K. Rool would, thus making the argument invalid. That is my point.
Knowing Sakurai Dixie WILL be a semi-clone if she got in, but it's not like an advertisement for speculators "VOTE DIXIE SHE'S A SEMI-CLONE!"

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Am I the only one who counts the upward smash? It's basically the same, but just better.
You mean between Lucario and Mewtwo? Well that's debatable considering that they have different functions, but similar animations. I guess yes the are similar. Lucario's being the better one, because it's actually useful.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Besides, despite Mewtwo being a legendary pokemon, he didn't fell...well, legendary. I'm not saying he should be overpowered, but I wanted to feel like I was controlling a legendary pokemon. Get what I'm sayin?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Mario & Mewtwo's looked more similar in Melee than Lucario's in Brawl. Just saying
No because Lucario and Mewtwo use both hands :pimp:

Besides, despite Mewtwo being a legendary pokemon, he didn't fell...well, legendary. I'm not saying he should be overpowered, but I wanted to feel like I was controlling a legendary pokemon. Get what I'm sayin?
Yes, I do. Mewtwo should be overpowered :troll:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
No character ever did that before because it's ****ing stupid OK I wouldn't be very interested in that but then again, I have no connection to the Donkey Kong series (I never played their games and chances are I never will :/) Realistically speaking I see Dixie Kong if she makes it in as one of those characters that should be more unique then she actually is there's no denying the possibility that Sakurai would go a lazy route and make her a semi clone of Diddy. And you counter by saying K. Rool could be a semi clone of Bowser, but the similarities to draw between Diddy and Dixie are much easier to notice compared to K. Rool and Bowser and Dixie Kong could very easily be ported as a quick clone which K. Rool would not be able to imitate a large amount of Bowser's attacks. At best she'll still feel similar to Diddy Kong because of her attributes like speed and what not but that wouldn't be too bad. And I may be completely wrong about this but I am under the impression that in games like donkey kong country 2 she isn't really supposed to play completely different from Diddy. K. Rool in an ideal world (at least with my ideals) get in over Dixie because I believe Villain>Sidekick of a sidekick :p
We are discussing semi-clones not clones. Also I believe Dixie is supose to be slower then Diddy which is aomething to think about. I'm not saying K. Rool can't be or wouldn't be unique, I'm just saying that she can offer as much uniquness as K. Rool could.

Knowing Sakurai Dixie WILL PROBABLY be a semi-clone if she got in, but it's not like an advertisement for speculators "VOTE DIXIE SHE'S A SEMI-CLONE!"
Fix'd~

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
We are discussing semi-clones not clones. Also I believe Dixie is supose to be slower then Diddy which is aomething to think about. I'm not saying K. Rool can't be or wouldn't be unique, I'm just saying that she can offer as much uniquness as K. Rool could.

Fix'd~
Broken, anybody in their right mind wouldn't think for a second that Masahiro Sakurai has no intention of having Diddy & Dixie share some moves. If Jiggs shared a couple moves with Kirby and Falco shared even more moves with Fox, what on earth gives you confidence Dixie will have a FULL move set to herself?

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Not really...

I'm saying he didn't feel like the super powerful pokemon what the games and the anime said. He was slow, clunky, floaty, and not very satisfying to use. If they bring him back, I'd like to see an upgraded moveset for him. Just not Meta-Knight overpowered please

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
You don't get how semi-clones work then. Semi-clone doesn't nescarily have to have all the same moves as the character it is based off of, it just needs to share a good portion of them/the moves are very simmilar. And which if Sakurai really wanted to he could give K. Rool a good portion of Bowser's moves. Just like he can give a good portion of Diddy's moves to Dixie. Plain and simple.
and the's a great portion of moves that k. Rool couldnt do. Fire Breath? Shell spin? I guess the ground pound and claw strike. That takes put many of his smashes and normal attacks. not to mention the two have completely different body types, unlike diddy and dixie.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I'm saying he didn't feel like the super powerful pokemon what the games and the anime said. He was slow, clunky, floaty, and not very satisfying to use. If they bring him back, I'd like to see an upgraded moveset for him. Just not Meta-Knight overpowered please
Mewtwo will move faster then Sanic and hit harder then Bowsah :p

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Seriously, how do you make K. Rool a semi-clone of Bowser. I. Don't. Get it!
They're both villains they're both fat and they're both green THE SIMILARITIES ARE UNDENIABLE BRO! While we're at it...
Captain Falcon can be a semi clone of Jigglypuff... They both hit things :troll:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Smash 4 should have the Tropical Freeze vikings because they're.....RECENT. :troll:

Anywho, I doubt Dixie will share any specials with Diddy, but I believe she'll share at least a few normal moves with Diddy,
I disagree verily, I believ Helicopter will be the only Special she doesn't share. The Peanut Pop Gun will most likely be replaced by her shooting Bubbles or Feathers. If not she will most certainly share the Monkey Kick & Banana peel.

Espio264

Smash Ace
This conversation makes me miss everyone making up "facts" about which demographic of people prefers whatever Fire Emblem characters....

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I disagree verily, I believ Helicopter will be the only Special she doesn't share. The Peanut Pop Gun will most likely be replaced by her shooting Bubbles or Feathers. If not she will most certainly share the Monkey Kick & Banana peel.
I suspect she would use her ponytail more than that. I find it likely she'll share either Monkey Kick or Banana Peel, or both, but I can't tell for sure...

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Dixie is just not a good idea. She's the exact same character as diddy kong...besides the lack of a (hypothetical) penis.
Sure, she has a pony tail. That's just about it. To really give her a unique moveset when she IS so similar to diddy kong, really strikes me as something Sakurai would never do. (The man who adds characters TO BE clones.) If she gets in at all I see an AT, or a tag team with Diddy.

Whereas King k. and Bowser have a KINDOF similar body type. He has plenty of his own abilities. And I mean plenty.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hi, y'all! I bruised my foot after an intense game of laser tag with friends. Oh, and I'm starting my junior year Monday so I wont be on as often.

So what are we talking about?

Gune

Smash Lord
Hi, y'all! I bruised my foot after an intense game of laser tag with friends. Oh, and I'm starting my junior year Monday so I wont be on as often.

So what are we talking about?
1. dont walk around it sit down in front of a tv or computer and get fat till it heals
2. gratz im a senior
3. were talking about dixie being a semiclone or sumthin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom