• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I suspect she would use her ponytail more than that. I find it likely she'll share either Monkey Kick or Banana Peel, or both, but I can't tell for sure...
Her Ponytail belongs in her Smash Attacks.

Dixie is just not a good idea. She's the exact same character as diddy kong...besides the lack of a (hypothetical) penis.
Sure, she has a pony tail. That's just about it. To really give her a unique moveset when she IS so similar to diddy kong, really strikes me as something Sakurai would never do. (The man who adds characters TO BE clones.) If she gets in at all I see an AT, or a tag team with Diddy.

Whereas King k. and Bowser have a KINDOF similar body type. He has plenty of his own abilities. And I mean plenty.
Dixie has a Helicopter Twirl (which would function like in Tropical Freeze I'd imagine.) and can have a full set of her own Smash Attacks. She can also use a Feather Bow or shoot Bubbles instead of Peanuts.

You seem to be forgetting that Sakurai originally planned to have Dixie in Brawl and that he's added characters like this before. It seems EXACTLY like something Sakurai would do as he's done if before :jigglypuff64: :luigi64: :falcomelee: :drmario: :ganondorfmelee: :pichumelee: :roymelee: :younglinkmelee: :toonlink: :lucas: :wolf:

I suppose Falco is just feathery fox, Lucas is just stylish Ness, and Roy is just fiery Marth. Your assumption is a rookie mistake. :ohwell:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hi, y'all! I bruised my foot after an intense game of laser tag with friends. Oh, and I'm starting my junior year Monday so I wont be on as often.

So what are we talking about?
DK discussion.

Dixie is just not a good idea. She's the exact same character as diddy kong...besides the lack of a (hypothetical) penis.
Sure, she has a pony tail. That's just about it. To really give her a unique moveset when she IS so similar to diddy kong, really strikes me as something Sakurai would never do. (The man who adds characters TO BE clones.) If she gets in at all I see an AT, or a tag team with Diddy.

Toon Link is more similar to Link than Dixie is too Diddy...

If she can use her ponytail to fly in a helicopter-like fashion and pick things up with it, she has plenty of potential. Her moveset wouldn't be unique, but it would have enough differences.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Dixie, eh? Well, I can definitely see her sharing a few A moves with Diddy, but I think her specials can totally be different.

As for K. ROOL, its possible? I dunno, weird to think about.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Marth is the mascot of Fire Emblem. Anna would take priority over anything if she were. I don't think being in nearly all the games is enough. She's restricted to being a shopkeeping in all but one of them. Her recent role as a trickster makes her a possibility, but that was in Awakening, where better choices are found (Chrom and Robin being my choices).
Marth is the mascot of Fire Emblem as declared by whom? Generally, the Fire Emblem community abroad and at large considers Anna the mascot. The nature of Fire Emblem and its characters is special, incomparable to other series, to say that mascothood makes you an instant shoo-in is flawed. You underestimate Anna, sir. The reason for the surge of Anna support is the sum of her roles have been mounting, and she is growing in importance and level of deserving. No, you're right, being in all the games except one isn't enough, but it's that combined with the fact that she hosts the tutorials, is present in many pause and menu screens, is the proprietor of EVERY secret shop, the fact that she is the link woman between gameboys, the face of internet connection, the face of DLC with many episodes focused around and relating to her. Her place if only taking her playable character form is on the level of Tharja or Owain, as the Trickster Anna is a minor character, but Anna is not limited to one role, when considering her candidacy for Smash, the representation of EVERY Anna is her nature like that of the non-distinct Pikachu, and now a veritable world of possibility is opened up when we learn of the collection of letters the Anna family keeps. These new revelations, added unto her roles as the face and function of utility throughout the games gives her a wide berth, indeed a substantial and growing importance, and it will only continue to grow as time goes on, and it is now weighty enough to tango with Lords.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
...yeah only those.

airs, dashes, etc will still be similar what with the same build
Again, I think she would use her hair for her Smash Attacks, a Bubble Shoot or Feather Bow for a B attack, a Helicopter Twirl for an Up B, and The rest she shares with Diddy (but slightly altered.)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I might have missed something, but everyone is forgetting the most obvious use of Dixie's hair...
Grabbing stuff and throwing them. :p

Anyway... K.Rool vs Dixie for a DK rep? ... I rather have Stanley. XD

J/K.
Thing is, I prefer K.Rool, but I see Dixie kinda more likely to get in. This will sound like a ridiculously bad excuse, but at least it's a ridiculous bad excuse that hasn't been mentioned.

Dixie has her own little official 3-inch figure along Donkey and Diddy. :p

.... sorry, I wish I could contribute more to the topic. Still would prefer K.Rool over Dixie a bit more because I had enough monkeys in Sega All Stars Racing Transformed. :)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Again, I think she would use her hair for her Smash Attacks, a Bubble Shoot or Feather Bow for a B attack, a Helicopter Twirl for an Up B, and The rest she shares with Diddy (but slightly altered.)
Well it is easy to have a similar moveset and build. Which further supports mine and other peoples' theories that Dixie is just Diddy in drag.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Marth is the mascot of Fire Emblem as declared by whom? Generally, the Fire Emblem community abroad and at large considers Anna the mascot.
Anyone who has played Super Smash Bros. Melee or Brawl but hasn't actually played a Fire Emblem game said:
"Hey, when I mention Fire Emblem, what character do you first think of?"
"Marth."
"Do you think he's the mascot of the series over someone like Anna?"
"Who's Anna?"
Don't take that too seriously by the way.

I would consider Anna the mascot, but Marth to be the true face to the series, considering Marth is both recurrent and integral to the stories. That said, there really isn't too much of a difference. If we're talking about being an advertising mascot like Pikachu or a chronology mascot like Link, no doubt Marth is the mascot. If we're talking about being an in-series mascot, no doubt Anna plays that role instead.
Thing is, I prefer K.Rool, but I see Dixie kinda more likely to get in. This will sound like a ridiculously bad excuse, but at least it's a ridiculous bad excuse that hasn't been mentioned.

Dixie has her own little official 3-inch figure along Donkey and Diddy. :p

.... sorry, I wish I could contribute more to the topic. Still would prefer K.Rool over Dixie a bit more because I had enough monkeys in Sega All Stars Racing Transformed. :)
I think you're onto something though. After Donkey and Diddy, Dixie is the next most recurrent Kong on part of her various spin-off and sports appearances, so I could see her getting in over K. Rool for that reason. I think everybody wants King K. Rool more, but Dixie is accepted to be the more popular choice in Nintendo.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can easily see a few differences in specials.

Up-special is obvious, and I can see her throwing cannonballs with her ponytail like during the battle with Kaptain K. Rool in DKC2, or some other item.

Her ponytail could be used for a tether grab, and I personally think it's more likely she would only have one Smash attack using the ponytail, but I'm not sure about basic attacks...

Also, did someone actually say K. Rool would be a Bowser clone, or was that all just a joke from the start?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Don't take that too seriously by the way.

I would consider Anna the mascot, but Marth to be the true face to the series, considering Marth is both recurrent and integral to the stories. That said, there really isn't too much of a difference. If we're talking about being an advertising mascot like Pikachu or a chronology mascot like Link, no doubt Marth is the mascot. If we're talking about being an in-series mascot, no doubt Anna plays that role instead.
Aye, 'tis why I made the distinction that while Anna is the mascot, Marth is more iconic, I like to maintain consistency :awesome:
As a friend of mine who is a Doctor of Math (no jokes) once said: "Consistency, that's my shizz, *****."
I still have a hard time comparing Fire Emblem to other series, many of the analogies are just flat, stale, and unsuitable.
But I see what you mean by advertising mascot, though I was under the impression that that's what Anna was in Japanese adverts. . . HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
But yeah, you're right about Marth's 'mascothood' in that sense, which I refer to as his iconic stature.

Edit: Now that I think about it, you pretty much articulated what I couldn't conceive, thanks for that, my understanding grows once again!

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Donkey Kong stuff. :dkmelee:
Well that's a quick conversation, just add K.Rool. He's one of the most popular Nintendo villains not represented, next to Ridley, but he's also the next main character of the games. There's the main hero (Donkey Kong), the main sidekick (Diddy Kong) and the main villain (King K.Rool) Boom, you have super-solid representation of Nintendo's 4th greatest selling franchise (Not including Mii games, if so, then it's 5th)

Wether Dixie Kong would be a semi-clone of Diddy Kong and K.Rool a semi-clone of Bowser. :rolleyes:
Okay, I understand Dixie Kong since she's basically Diddy Kong in drag, but where in the hell did the idea of K.Rool being a semi-clone come from? The only similarities that Bowser and K.Rool have are that they're both reptiles, they're both over 20 feet tall, and they're both fat...well...Bowser's more bulky then fat, but you get the point.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Aye, 'tis why I made the distinction that while Anna is the mascot, Marth is more iconic, I like to maintain consistency :awesome:
As a friend of mine who is a Doctor of Math (no jokes) once said: "Consistency, that's my shizz, *****."
I still have a hard time comparing Fire Emblem to other series, many of the analogies are just flat, stale, and unsuitable.
But I see what you mean by advertising mascot, though I was under the impression that that's what Anna was in Japanese adverts. . . HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
But yeah, you're right about Marth's 'mascothood' in that sense, which I refer to as his iconic stature.
I agree that Fire Emblem is completely incomparable to virtually any other series. But as much as support her, I also don't consider her a mascot. I consider her an important recurring character. But to tell you the truth I never really noticed her until Path of Radiance, so it would be hard to qualify her as a mascot. Fire Emblem's mascot is probably the falchion or something. But literally everything changes between games. Even the Fire Emblem itself! A red haired Anna might be the only thing that's stable.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Okay, I understand Dixie Kong since she's basically Diddy Kong in drag, but where in the hell did the idea of K.Rool being a semi-clone come from? The only similarities that Bowser and K.Rool have are that they're both reptiles, they're both over 20 feet tall, and they're both fat...well...Bowser's more bulky then fat, but you get the point.
As far as I know, the whole K. Rool being a Bowser clone thing may have been a joke, but if it wasn't, then I want to find them so that I can slap them with a hand filled with sense.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
As far as I know, the whole K. Rool being a Bowser clone thing may have been a joke, but if it wasn't, then I want to find them so that I can slap them with a hand filled with sense.
It has to be a joke, nobody could be that blind to such an obvious lie...it's like people who say Bowser Jr. will be a clone of Bowser. By the way, does anyone know the official height of Donkey Kong? Because I want to do an official size comparison between him and K.Rool to see just how big K.Rool really is. Because from what I've seen, he's actually BIGGER than Ridley.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well that's a quick conversation, just add K.Rool. He's one of the most popular Nintendo villains not represented, next to Ridley, but he's also the next main character of the games. There's the main hero (Donkey Kong), the main sidekick (Diddy Kong) and the main villain (King K.Rool) Boom, you have super-solid representation of Nintendo's 4th greatest selling franchise (Not including Mii games, if so, then it's 5th)

Very good reason why the clones idea is stupid.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Huh? Oh no, I meant the King K. Rool would be a Bowser clone.

I did like the slap joke though.
Just trying to clarify.

And how anyone would think K. Rool would be a Bowser clone in any way hurts my mind. The only similarity they would have, if any, would be that they both attack with their claws, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom