• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think Noah is Golden's evil alter-ego. :troll:
How do you not know that Golden is Noah's evil alter-ego=??? :troll:

How do we not know Golden is either a green haired co-main villain of a filler anime season, or a guy who rides an ark with lots of animals=???

DANG IT MEN, WE NEED THE FACTS!!!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't want anyone to take this is me being full of myself or anything, but as far as characters getting revealed, save for one or two choices I think my roster is pretty safe, and incredibly likely.

I'm sure there will be some characters that don't make it that i've included.

Well, what is considered safe is a subjective thing, considering were basing our expectations on one big crapshoot basically. But whatever happens, we must suck it up and move on. Regardless, it's not going to be a disaster no matter the outcome.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I won't lie, I'm a little tired of listening to all of these pointless arguments with Noah.

I'll my choices you claim to be ridicolous are more realistic then your whole roster, But, alas we've all moved on to another subject. And yes I am VERY excited to see MY reps appear in the Nintendo Direct so people can understand how the roster in SSB really works. We are no longer arguing about Shulk so you might wanna post something else.:glare:
That's seriously enough. I hope everyone else is on the same page as I am when I give you these two choices, Noah:

1. Admit to being wrong in a single one of your arguments (only one) and stop changing the subject to avoid doing so in the future.

2. Never have a chance to be taken seriously on this forum again.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I've come up with the theory that Noah J. Linderer is a multi troll account.
Not only that but I have a suspect: GoldenYuiitusin.

Several reasons to think that:
Usually Golden would be the first one leading an argument against someone like Noah very viciously and aggresively. But Golden only made minor comments and in a much cooler way than his usual insulting and humiliating.
Noah praised Golden for being smart and a fair poster despite disagreeing. This is also not in the character of Noah.
They are never in a thread at the exact same time as far as I have noticed so far. But are on at the same times of day.
He is one of the few of us who spends enough time on this board to do something like this too.

Just a hypothesis.
New theory, You just want to keep arguing. We weren't even talking about this when you posted your comment trying to get the last word in. Don't complain when you post something mean and get a mean response. Me simply stating that my roster is better after YOU claimed YOUR roster was better than mine is simply expectable. And I am no longer replying to this.

WARNING: FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT. LAST TIME WE TALKED ABOUT THIS WE *ALL* MUTUALLY GOT THE THREAD LOCKED.:glare:

D

Deleted member

I think Noah is Golden's evil alter-ego. :troll:
But I'm the devil. How can I have an evil counterpart?

EDIT: And finally when M&SGuy comes, all he does is templock the Display thread and not actually take care of the ****ing problem.
*sigh*

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well, you guys can keep arguing just because I simply didn't agree on one character being a possibility which is an OPINION and for defending myself when a guy is being rude, when we clearly were done with the bickering. I in the meantime will be posting what we're SUPPOSE to post on this site, until June 11th when my characters are revealed. So when you guys turn this thread into a flame war, I will not be apart of it:cool:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Edit:
Remove: Travis(3º), Micaiah (Fire Emblem),Zoroark (Pokemon), Ike (Fire Emblem)
Input: Shulk(3º), Chrom(Fire Emblem), Mewtwo(Pokemon),Mii(Wii series)
----------------------------------------

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Edit:
Wow, removing A LOT of characters....:(

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't like New_Dunal's roster like, at all. Cutting FALCO, ROB and MARTH? Lolwat?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, you guys can keep arguing just because I simply didn't agree on one character being a possibility which is an OPINION and for defending myself when a guy is being rude, when we clearly were done with the bickering. I in the meantime will be posting what we're SUPPOSE to post on this site, until June 11th when my characters are revealed. So when you guys turn this thread into a flame war, I will not be apart of it:cool:
Just a question, but why do you think Eirika, Starfy, or any of the characters you decided to include will make it? This is a serious question and I am not trying to troll or anything.'

Also, as a tip, acting like a douchebag and saying "my characters will be revealed" and that we're all wrong is not going to help people agree with you. Maybe that isn't what you want, but it's just a word of advice.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There is no Ridley on that roster and the new trainer makes me think Ivysaur got removed.

Aside from that you cut Marth, Falco and R.O.B. Why?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I can't believe this discussion is still going on! Throw us a bone here, M&S Guy!

And that above roster makes me cry. You both cut Lucario (and JIGGS...even though I don't really like Jiggs, but Original 12, man!) and failed to include Mewtwo. It burns!

Falco? Is Charizard, the most popular pokemon in the WORLD not there?

Honestly, I appreciate that all the must-have DK characters made the roster, but so many cuts :(

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bleh. That roster is really bad. Cutting Marth, Ike (in the edit), Lucario, Jigglypuff, Falco, ROB, Pokemon Trainer (Brawl), Sheik, and Snake? Horrible, horrible ideas.

Not to mention, No Ridley? No Palutena? No Mega Man? No Takamaru? No Little Mac? No Roy?

And the newcomers added are really bad for the most part. I see that the edit added Mewtwo, Chrom and Shulk to go alongside K. Rool, which are good. But the others you added to the roster are really really bad. (Including the ones you previously dropped) Travis, Micaiah, an AC rep, Rosalina, Lyn, and Zoroark are pretty bad choices as far as likelihood is concerned, with Ghirahim, Mii and Pac-Man being rather questionable, but not horrible. Adding Krystal is a horrible choice if it comes at the expense of Falco, but otherwise, she's about on the level of Ghirahim, Mii, and Pac-Man.

So, I'd cut:
Travis
Micaiah
Zoroark (you already cut these three in an edit)
AC Player Character
Rosalina
Lyn
Ghirahim
Mii
Krystal
New Trainer

and add

Marth
Ike
Jigglypuff
Falco
ROB
Lucario
Brawl's Trainer
Sheik
Snake

Ridley
Palutena
Takamaru
Shulk (You did in an edit)
Mewtwo (see Shulk)
Roy
Little Mac
Mega Man

at the very least.

Especially since out of the nine-or-so most likely and suggested newcomers (including Roy and Mewtwo, despite not being true newcomers), you only added one (although Mewtwo was added in the edit), and that was King K. Rool (note: Not K.K. Rool...). The rest of these were the newcomers I suggested in my post for you to add, as well as adding back the cut veterans.

Overall, this roster needs some major reworking.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I still liked it cause of Impa. :awesome:
Yknow, when I saw Impa on there, my immediate thought was "Hey, at least Diddy will like it" :cool:

In general though, this roster seems almost like one I'd have expected from DSN (wherever he is now), with different characters in some places. Super-duper relevancy based and all that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked how he kept Ike though despite the many cuts.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I liked how he kept Ike though despite the many cuts.
Well...he then later went on to cut Ike for Chrom in a later post. :( What is this, Gamefaqs?

And everybody knows I like Chrom, but srsly now. And now I want to see K. Rool get K. K. Slider-ified. Because K. K. Rool.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That roster is horrible.

Cutting Falco, Marth and R.O.B.? No Ridley? No Mewtwo?

Yet, it has Rosalina and Travis of all characters. Also, I'm still against the idea of having Sheik replaced by Impa. Impa should be her own character and not a Sheik substitute.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Edit:
>No Falco
>Imp TRANSFORMATION
>No R.O.B.
>Ghirahim
>Lack of Pokemon reps
>Zoroark
>You cut out Marth
>Who's Lin?. :laugh:
>Travis Touchdown
>Michiah

Yeah. I know Rosalina is there. But thats the least of this guy's worries.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Edit:

Removes Falco for being a Fox clone- adds Rosalina who is clearly not a Peach clone :p

But seriously I can't see any of these new characters making it in. Plus cutting Marth would likely lead to world wide riots.

Edit: Well I can see KKRool in but the point stands that it's very unrealistic

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Edit:
Yea...this roster is rough.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
>Lyn
>Glitterem
>Rosalina
>No Lucario, Marth, Falco, or ROB (I'm okay with maybe one or two cuts but Marth and Lucario, really?)
>Zoroark
>Miciaiah (As much as I like her)
>AC Character contrary to what Sakurai has already said
>Impa replacing Sheik (What the hell is with people saying this?)
>Probably asides from I guess Travis and to an extent Pac-Man (do research about namco, tales character broski) the only popular character you have is K. Rool
>Pokemon Trainer is a new one... why?
>Absolutely no new series. Yes, Sakurai hates adding new series from what we've seen, but I don't think he'll skip the bandwagon entirely.

What the hell am I reading/do I need to comment further? Not trying to sound rude or anything but...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Y'know what I find most interesting? K. Rool is one of the most prevalent additions to all these rosters lately, even considering ones like the above.

I'd expect him to be "relevanced" by guys like that, and replaced with Generic Tiki #4. Or Tiki Tong. Ewww...

But no! It must have something to do with K. Rool's inherent awesome levels. :happysheep:

Or maybe I'm stereotyping too hard, and need to realize other series suffer from "Relevance Syndrome" harder than DK does. * Looks warily at Pokemon and Fire Emblem*

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
K. Rool is one of those characters that while he wasn't considered too much of a missed addition to Brawl, he was considered one of the better Smash 4 newcomer choices for a series that does deserve a rep first and the DK series being complete first than others, if it comes down to that (Over Mother, StarFox, F-Zero, etc)

Plus he's awesome. I kinda wish he was in Returns but I haven't even touched it yet for the reasons I posted in the other thread.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Absolutely no new series. Yes, Sakurai hates adding new series from what we've seen, but I don't think he'll skip the bandwagon entirely.
Actually, he wants new series to use, but between the release of Pikmin and Brawl there wasn't any new franchises that would of provided a suitable fighter. Considering a large portion of those franchises don't have a focus on characters like Nintendogs and Brain Age, it makes sense.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Actually, he wants new series to use, but between the release of Pikmin and Brawl there wasn't any new franchises that would of provided a suitable fighter. Considering a large portion of those franchises don't have a focus on characters like Nintendogs and Brain Age, it makes sense.
Last time around they could have at least thrown in Isaac (Dark Dawn was in development during Brawl) at least. Until I see a quote or until we see 1-2 new series characters announced from this Trailer, I'm not really sure there's much pushing against my statement.

Though the word "Hate" might be exaggerating it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Which is definitely not the case now. Let's see:

Punch-Out!!
Xenoblade
Golden Sun
Marusame Castle (It's having a renaissance)

I'm probably forgetting one, but that's still a good number.

(Well technically Golden Sun was around last time, but now there's more popularity/relevance to the series.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, you'd also have to consider that there were many characters that were more of "all-stars" that stood in the way of characters from New Series during Brawl. Dedede, Metaknight, Wario, Diddy Kong, Olimar, Ike...all of them were popular and rather important to their series, so it's not surprising that they made it in before the likes of Isaac or Little Mac (although in his case, it was more of a missed boat for a retro character, maybe due to Pit already being in).

Now that there's less competition, newer series characters can get in more easily, for the most part. Do I think they'll go nuts and add every new character under the sun? No. I do think, however, that there will be possibly three or four newcomers coming from unrepresented series, and upwards to seven if you're counting retros and 3rd Parties.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, I did forget about S&P and Rolling Western. I think my reason for neglecting to mention S&P is probably because I'm just not enthused about Saki. However, it's definitely a major contender.

Rolling Western though, I'm sad I forgot about that. Dillon is awesome.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Which is definitely not the case now. Let's see:

Punch-Out!!
Xenoblade
Golden Sun
Murasame Castle (It's having a renaissance)

I'm probably forgetting one, but that's still a good number.

(Well technically Golden Sun was around last time, but now there's more popularity/relevance to the series.

Other than the ones already stated by others, I'd go as far as to say Starfy, as well, despite being of a notably lesser chance, but still being a "dark horse" candidate.

D

Deleted member

The fact that Sakurai rejected Balloon Fighter for Melee makes me pessimistic about his chances. :ohwell:
He rejected Pit, too.
Pit is in Brawl.

I've stated multiple times that the "rejection" thing was really him stating that upon deciding the NES hero to revive, he went down a list and did a process of elimination to determine who it would be.
The four he mentioned were only examples, and he said that the Ice Climbers had no such reasoning for them to be eliminated.

Pit logically had to be one of those characters, same with Smash 4 hopeful Takamaru. He had undisclosed reasoning for their eliminations as well, but that didn't stop Pit from being in Brawl nor fans from supporting Takamaru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom