• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I
I did; a few pages ago when he kept arguing that Mewtwo and Lucario are the same (arguing that only "competitive" people know the difference despite me posting a clear video in how they have very little matching moves), and because Lucario was recent, he replaced Mewtwo who wasn't recent (despite, you know, Gen 1 Pokémon Trainer being added despite not being a recent character, and Jigglypuff was also a low priority character like Mewtwo), and the opposite is going to happen for the next game since Mewtwo is "recent" again while Lucario is not (despite you know, B/W2 advertising Lucario, Lucario being a heavily marketable Pokémon still, making an appearance in the anime earlier this year, mascot for the Pokémon Smash television show, etc.).

So in reality, he fits both categories.
If you have a problem with me take it up in messages you are gonna get this thread blocked

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually. I have a feeling M&SG will allow this. Especially since the argument has pretty much fizzled down.

EDIT: Until that happened.

Okay Golden that was a bit too far. That last post was just spite.

D

Deleted member

That he was, but the reason he was chosen over all the other fire emblem characters who would've fit into the roster was recentness
Except that we don't even know if Ike was added due to recentness. We know that Sakurai wanted a new Fire Emblem character, but he did not specify why he wanted one. All we know is that Ike had to fulfill Sakurai's four criteria and he did.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Except that we don't even know if Ike was added due to recentness. We know that Sakurai wanted a new Fire Emblem character, but he did not specify why he wanted one. All we know is that Ike had to fulfill Sakurai's four criteria and he did.
To be honest we should probably move on to something less people will get worked up about. Does anybody else have a roster made?

D

Deleted member

I'm a spiteful man, you should know this by now, Swampy. :troll:

Anyways, I've pretty much worked it out my system. I'm going to go ahead and make my own roster prediction when I'm done with the next few upcoming tests. The only issue I have is that I find some characters with an equal or undeterminable chance against each other, so for some, I'll include both in a half-slot, so to speak.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This argument is ********.

Decided to make a roster, with some explanations for some of the inclusions. Whether you agree on it or not is a question on itself. However, I've also blended in some bias choices, so feel free to disagree on some of the choices. Though I do doubt the probability of pretty much every scenario in someway. Also it's just a rough layout based around Brawl's, with the actual one being debatable.

smash4 Roster.png

Feel free to thrash it, I don't give a ****.

As for the explanations

-Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Mewtwo, and Roy have been planned for Brawl. It's likely these characters will appear on the roster next time around. "pra_mai" is absent until we know what the hell it is.
-Characters like Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, Little Mac, Takamaru, Shulk, Mega Man etc. are included due to general popularity.
-The situation regarding to third party characters is ambiguous, so for safety let's just presume it's going to be Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, and Lloyd (or alternatively Cress).
-Lip and Dillon are the only true biased ones.
-For safety reasons, let's say no characters are going to be cut. Unlike last time, there is nothing that states we'll get cuts this time, and this time we have the option of DLC making any possible cuts fixable.
-An actual new character for Mario/Pokemon/Fire Emblem is not on here generally due to disagreement over who.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Habanero
I like that roster. :)
The only notable absence I see is Isaac... the rest is great.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It shouldn't influence the choosing of the characters though. Consider it this way what if the black knight had made brawl instead of Ike? Well then Ike would be a nobody and black knight would make everyone foam at the mouth instead. But instead the black knight sits in the shadow of Ike even though he is the one character who outmatches Ike's badass level in PoR. But I think sakurai doesn't just take popularity of characters into account as we can see from his controversial additions at the time like rob, or mr. Game and watch, or young link. He also isn't afraid to cut characters that don't compliment the series any more even if they are popular for just being in smash like Roy and mewtwo. And since there are new characters that come from more popular games who, if included in ssb4 will end up being just as popular as Ike and will help sell the games and systems that Nintendo is currently trying to sell and could take the adopt the highlights of Ike's moveset into theirs, Ike will be left out.
You include a LOT of opinion. You aren't really using facts to support it. The reason people don't listen or agree with you is because of that.

Ike is popular now, whether you like it or not. Maybe it was because he was popular in the West, maybe it was just Smash. That does not change the fact that he is popular.

Mewtwo and Roy have a LOT of leftover data for Brawl, which would suggest that they were intended to be included, along with Dr. Mario. Not to mention they were very popular additions from Melee. Sure, popularity doesn't count for everything, but it counts for a lot. Want an example? Nearly all of the characters in Brawl's reveal trailer were top requested, besides Snake of course.

This argument is ********.

Decided to make a roster, with some explanations for some of the inclusions. Whether you agree on it or not is a question on itself. However, I've also blended in some bias choices, so feel free to disagree on some of the choices. Though I do doubt the probability of pretty much every scenario in someway. Also it's just a rough layout based around Brawl's, with the actual one being debatable.

View attachment 459

Feel free to thrash it, I don't give a ****.

As for the explanations

-Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Mewtwo, and Roy have been planned for Brawl. It's likely these characters will appear on the roster next time around. "pra_mai" is absent until we know what the hell it is.
-Characters like Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, Little Mac, Takamaru, Shulk, Mega Man etc. are included due to general popularity.
-The situation regarding to third party characters is ambiguous, so for safety let's just presume it's going to be Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, and Lloyd (or alternatively Cress).
-Lip and Dillon are the only true biased ones.
-For safety reasons, let's say no characters are going to be cut. Unlike last time, there is nothing that states we'll get cuts this time, and this time we have the option of DLC making any possible cuts fixable.
-An actual new character for Mario/Pokemon/Fire Emblem is not on here generally due to disagreement over who.
Good Roster. As FalKoopa said, Isaac not there is notable, but not a bad thing.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I didn't think this would be stickied but i'm happy with it nonetheless.

Well off to school for me. I'll be back in like 4 hours

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Bloodyhell about recentness, check a lot of the franchises we got in Brawl, which most aren't even new since 2001. (->_>-);

(Still some way of him adding characters he "likes" aren't always to be liked by the fans *Glances at dumb R.O.B-haters*. Though I'm still giving a lot of flak for Wario being WarioWare-styled. He works, but he should have more fanservice for ones who were introduced to Wario in his 90's golden treasure hunts. )

I might go do my own roster now which might have some biased additions, but I'm also trying to keep it pretty realistic. (-l.l-);

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Somebody please explain to me what logic's behind locking the old topic and just create a new one. Probably in a week it will become OT-land once again...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Somebody please explain to me what logic's behind locking the old topic and just create a new one. Probably in a week it will become OT-land once again...
You could say that if Mario & Sonic Guy had created this thread.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hopefully, this thread will maintain its on-topic requirements, unlike with the last one. We do need a thread that can be used as a way to discuss about the rosters from the Roster Prediction Display Thread after all.

All that I can hope for now is that all the off-topic-ness stays in the general discussion thread.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Bloodyhell about recentness, check a lot of the franchises we got in Brawl, which most aren't even new since 2001. (->_>-);

(Still some way of him adding characters he "likes" aren't always to be liked by the fans *Glances at dumb R.O.B-haters*. Though I'm still giving a lot of flak for Wario being WarioWare-styled. He works, but he should have more fanservice for ones who were introduced to Wario in his 90's golden treasure hunts. )

I might go do my own roster now which might have some biased additions, but I'm also trying to keep it pretty realistic. (-l.l-);
Recentness absolutely matters. Would a company advertise something old over something new?

As an example, take a car company like Ford. Would Ford advertise a 1993 model car that isn't popular anymore when they have the most recent 2013 edition? No, no they wouldn't, which is comparable to the Pokemon situation concerning Zoroark and Lucario.

Granted, Lucario isn't the newest thing either, but he is still a hell of a lot more popular than Zoroark.

I'm in the process of adding rosters to the OP. Hopefully I can get everyone's up at some point.

x kharmah x

Smash Cadet
i think we could do without a toon zelda she would be a clone and having tetra would be dumb i would enjoy seing people like

-skull kid,legend of zelda majoras mask
-fierce deity link,legend of zelda majoras mask​
ghirihim, skyward sword​
-cloud,final fantasy VII​
-sora,kingdom hearts

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Tough ****, Toon Zelda and Tetra were planned and will most likely come in whether you like it or not. You cannot exactly say the same thing with the other characters you've suggested, especially the Square Enix characters Cloud and Sora.

Granted I'm not keen on the idea ether, but if it was taken seriously enough to be planned, so be it.

x kharmah x

Smash Cadet
Tough ****, Toon Zelda and Tetra were planned and will most likely come in whether you like it or not. You cannot exactly say the same thing with the other characters you've suggested, especially the Square Enix characters Cloud and Sora.

Granted I'm not keen on the idea ether, but if it was taken seriously enough to be planned, so be it.

well true i just dont like the fact of toon zelda because will be a clone like them and like the addition of cloud and sora would be different and have alot of diversity on the character list

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
well true i just dont like the fact of toon zelda because will be a clone like them and like the addition of cloud and sora would be different and have alot of diversity on the character list
There are better choices for diversity. Even within Nintendo's history.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Square Enix characters that would be better for Smash then Cloud and Sora: Black Mage, a freakin Chocobo, and Slime

The only positive thing that Cloud and Sora would bring, in my opinion, is the ability to troll the BAD PSASBR fans.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I'm not thinking Toon Zelda being planned makes her anything more likely. 4 x Zelda on the roster is just too much. Impa is better.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Lol if Dr. Mario turns out to be the new "Mario" rep I'll probably kill someone. I mean we have Paper Mario, Bowser Jr, Toad and who knows how many other cool characters and Sakurai chooses a sad clone who wouldn't ever be in the roster in the first place if not for time constraint which led Sakurai to take the easy path? Can we all forget about the Doctor? Or at least make him an alternate costume, but recycling CLONES is just... just bad.

Really the rest of the roster could be perfect but if Dr. Mario takes a spot on his own I'm gonna be seriously pissed.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not that it matters, but Pac-Man just got released on the Wii U virtual console.

Just saying. Pac-Man confirmed :troll:

D

Deleted member

Not that it matters, but Pac-Man just got released on the Wii U virtual console.

Just saying. Pac-Man confirmed :troll:
D'on't forget that Mega Man is also on the Wii U Virtual Console. This means that no one is allowed to oppose Mega Man's inclusion. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
As for the people complaining about the choices, keep in mind that isn't the "Dream Roster Discussion Thread", this is the "Roster Prediction Discussion Thread". In other words, it's designed to predict the roster, not to see how many faces you can shovel onto the roster without rhyme or reason. If that was the case, you'd see unorthodox stuff like Vyse, Amaterasu, Banjo & Kazooie, Earthworm Jim, Daroach, Henry, Rawk Hawk, and Flygon.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I actually would really love it if this was the roster. Yes, I don't care about your "dream picks" being on it.
Well, in my opinion, that's probably the best way to go at the moment. People will disagree on certain things, like some other character over Dr. Mario and Toon Zelda. But let's face it, nobody can agree on anything, so why not go for the stuff that is already planned or already established and just deal with it. Other characters like Chrom, Krystal, and Ghiriham generally feel unorthodox in my opinion.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I'm not thinking Toon Zelda being planned makes her anything more likely. 4 x Zelda on the roster is just too much. Impa is better.
This, 4 zelda's is just ridiculous. I have my doubts that any of the left out characters will show up, the dev team could just consider them left behind for newer things.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
With Toon Zelda having an important role in one of the two Zelda games released after Brawl, and Toon Zelda making a return in Wind Waker HD and probably Zelda 3DS, there is a good chance that Sakurai could revisit his idea of Toon Zelda. However, I think like with Brawl, even if Sakurai has her on his "list", she could end up being bumped out again if time constraints arise.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
D'on't forget that Mega Man is also on the Wii U Virtual Console. This means that no one is allowed to oppose Mega Man's inclusion. :troll:
Two of Arthur's games, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts [SNES] and Ghosts 'n Goblins [NES], will be on Wii U Virtual Console while Mega Man and Pac-Man each get only one game. Arthur confirmed. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom