• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
So... you don't address the counterpoint at all.

You just say I'm right.?You'll see? "I told you so?

Really? No offense but.... wow.....

Did you happen to come from GameFAQs? I'm honestly asking that.

If Sakurai had his way, only Pichu would have been cut.There is proof to support that statement.

With the possible use of DLC, even time constraints, which are the only reason why Mewtwo, Roy and Doc were cut, are not a problem.

There is no real excuse for cuts anymore.
I addressed my counter point for two whole pages lol. no one listened to my reason though.

Anyway back to the real reason this thread exists, roster predictions! Let the flame wars commence, even though I can explain everything :) (my only issue with this roster is it may be a bit too much characters, but I couldnt think of who else to reasonably cut.)
predict Roster.png

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Outside of the Fire Emblem choices, and Zoroak over Lucario, I'd totally be satisfied with that roster.

Oh and I don't like third parties, but yeah wouldn't mind these choices.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
yeah not that many people are gonna hate your roster that much. just nitpick really. like i think Krystal, Robin and Claus could be dropped but thats really all i dont agree with.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd only personally replace : Chrom for Ike. Tactican for Lucina. Pac Man for Dixie Kong (creating balance as DKC deserves 4 characters if StarFox has 4). Maybe also Shulk for Toad.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Outside of the Fire Emblem choices, and Zoroak over Lucario, I'd totally be satisfied with that roster.

Oh and I don't like third parties, but yeah wouldn't mind these choices.
I thought that pokemon should get five representatives and I didn't want to pick lucario after my whole rant so I picked zoroark :laugh:

I thought to give fire emblem 4 reps since they are so character based games. It would be a shame if we didnt at least get three. Oh and if you are wondering why Ike is not present look at the Ike thread.

As for the third parties I'm not a huge fan either but I figure there will be a couple and those three have a fairly good chance of being the ones that make the cut

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
@Noler Mass

Aside from the Fire Emblem additions and the presence of Zoroark over Lucario, I could live with that. Though I'd be missing Snake.

Here's my roster. Maybe not entirely realistic in character choice, but I do think the 50 cap I limited myself to is more realistic than a larger roster.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I gave my reply back in the Ike thread. I think he should stay. As well as Lucario. Those characters held popularity for a longer time than most would imagine. They where massively requested pre-Brawl, and post-Brawl now it's apperant nobody wants them gone. Ike is the face of the Western Fire Emblem, and Lucario is also still used as a mascot in Pokemon. No need to boot them for Zoroark and Chrom in my opinion.

This was my roster as made 2 weeks back or so but I still disagree with a few things lol

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
yeah not that many people are gonna hate your roster that much. just nitpick really. like i think Krystal, Robin and Claus could be dropped but thats really all i dont agree with.
Those three are all far from shoo ins just educated guesses really. Only reason I have Claus and Krystal is because they would bring diversity to two series that are full of clones.

I'm also not a huge fan of Lucina or Dixie but again personal preference.

It's nice to see people not hating after all the hate I got for suggesting that lucario wouldn't make the cut :laugh:

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I gave my reply back in the Ike thread. I think he should stay. As well as Lucario. Those characters held popularity for a longer time than most would imagine. They where massively requested pre-Brawl, and post-Brawl now it's apperant nobody wants them gone. Ike is the face of the Western Fire Emblem, and Lucario is also still used as a mascot in Pokemon. No need to boot them for Zoroark and Chrom in my opinion.

This was my roster as made 2 weeks back or so but I still disagree with a few things lol
I think when it comes to the fire emblem rep and the pokemon rep it is extremely up in the air. It all comes down to whatever sakurai wants for the game

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think when it comes to the fire emblem rep and the pokemon rep it is extremely up in the air. It all comes down to whatever sakurai wants for the game
Pokemon not so much, as most people seem to desire Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo so little conflict results from that.

Debates on FE on the other hand are hated here.

They only end in sadness....

Also, I thought you said your roster was bad. :p Aside from cutting a few characters (Snake, R.O.B. Lucario and Ike should definitely be on there I think) it's pretty good.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
meh i dont really want Mewtwo back that much. i would much rather keep Lucario and have Zoroark added but i know im in the minority.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
New Roster:

Dark Pit and Black Shadow are placeholders that just fit in well.
Lucina replaced Chrom out of popularity.
Paper Mario and Mach Rider where added for a new Mario newcomer and retro newcomer.

If I had to make cuts to realistic size my priorities would be less in keeping: Paper Mario, Dark Pit, Black Shadow, Anthony Higgs, Roy and maybe even Dixie.

Also. I *might* add Sheik back in.
I JUST FIND THE PICTURE WITH SS ZELDA AND OOT SHEIK EXTREMELY SILLY

But overall I like how my roster looks.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
@Noler Mass

Aside from the Fire Emblem additions and the presence of Zoroark over Lucario, I could live with that. Though I'd be missing Snake.

Here's my roster. Maybe not entirely realistic in character choice, but I do think the 50 cap I limited myself to is more realistic than a larger roster.

Random question. May I ask where that picture that goes with Roy came from?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Wait, Noler cut ROB? I didn't notice. I can't live with that, sorry.

@Noler: I actually have no clue. I don't even remember where I got it from or when I added it. Sorry about that. My best guess would be that it's from a Brawl mod.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Wait, Noler cut ROB? I didn't notice. I can't live with that, sorry.
Sorry man but gut instinct tells me he's out because he's so closely tied with the story in brawl. I think he was just a cameo in brawl similar to what happened in Mario kart.
I will admit I could be dead wrong in this though. If I had to I would replace paper mario, Krystal, or robin for him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd say IF they cut an original character with no replacement it might be R.O.B. but I'd still miss him even if I never used him much.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sorry man but gut instinct tells me he's out because he's so closely tied with the story in brawl. I think he was just a cameo in brawl similar to what happened in Mario kart.
Brawl was a retro rep.

They never leave. Plus R.O.B is pretty popular.

Anyways, I think I'll post my roster again. Just because.

Brawl_Roster.png

Bowser Jr. can be switched out for Toad.

Tell me what you think people.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't like the Mii. And Zelda, Mario and Donkey Kong could use another character, maybe Fire Emblem to. But overall it got all most wanted additions. So it looks pretty good. Am still indifferent towards MegaMan and Shulk though, but I can accept them for their popularity. And I'd also prefer Toad over Bowser Jr.

Oh and I'll probably throw out Black Shadow for Dillon in my roster.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i like Swampasaurs roster. i feel like Zelda doesn't really "need" anymore characters as we've got the big characters in the game already. it also got all the big names in so its all good in my book.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
It's a great roster! Every character in that one is also in mine, save for Shulk, BJ, Mii, and Palutena, so it's close to home. Definite bias, but eh, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They could still 'cheat' a newcomer for Zelda in with Impa. Y'know, separate Zelda and Sheik, and have Impa being Sheik. I think this is more likely than Lucario or Ike getting replaced.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't like the Mii. And Zelda, Mario and Donkey Kong could use another character, maybe Fire Emblem to.
I considered having Impa replacing Sheik with her own character slot but.... I decided against it. Although I would be happy either way.

Mario with 6? How about Toad and Jr.?

I don't really like Dixie Kong. There I said it... *hides*

I considered Lucina.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
yeah i care very little for Impa's inclusion. really the only Zelda characters i support are Toon Zelda/Tetra and Tingle. and even that's unnecesary imo. and i doubt Ike will get replaced. maybe Lucario but not Ike.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With my roster, I already have this themed Event Match in my head.

You fight as Ike vs a slew of characters. First you fight Impa, beatnher and you fight Zelda. Beat her and you come in the next stage. Where you have to beat Pit, and after beating Pit, you fight Palutena.

It's cause Ike slayed a Goddess in Radiant Dawn. Pit and Impa are guardians and servants of their Goddesses, Palutena and Hylia / Zelda so it works well.

D

Deleted member

This is actually pretty good. The only things I would suggest is to remove Anthony Higgs, put back the Ganondorf from Brawl and keep the Zelda/Sheik team (I know you're not the biggest fan of this, but let's be realistic here, Sheik is getting in over Impa).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It seems that when people create rosters, there are very few things they can agree on...

This is still my current roster

A few runner-up choices would be Robin, Genesect, K. Rool, Lloyd Irving, Pac-Man, Dillon, Krystal, Andy, Adult Isaac, Balloon Fighter, Aeron, and Zael

I don't think of that as realistic yet.

Pretty much

It seems that when people create rosters, there are very few things they can agree on...
Ain't that the truth :laugh:

This isn't just Smash Bros, this is WAR :awesome:

IF any characters were to be cut I think some of the top choice for it are Ike, Lucario, Snake, Sonic, and one of the Star Fox cast (probably Wolf)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
IF any characters were to be cut I think some of the top choice for it are Ike, Lucario, Snake, Sonic, and one of the Star Fox cast (probably Wolf)
People say Snake and Sonic, but we all know how popular they were in Brawl... so I think they will stick around.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sonic? Maybe
Snake? Possibly, but I feel a Castlevania rep might make more sense (be it Simon, Trevor, Alucard, or whoever)
Snake is teh best. He fights robots and not afraid of anything.

In all seriousness I would rather keep Snake then get a Castlevania character. Originally his inclusion felt odd to me, but he has grown on me. I'd be sadder if they removed him than some Nintendo characters.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Snake is teh best. He fights robots and not afraid of anything.

In all seriousness I would rather keep Snake then get a Castlevania character. Originally his inclusion felt odd to me, but he has grown on me. I'd be sadder if they removed him than some Nintendo characters.
I don't know Swampasaur, a lot of people sure like Castlevaina.... and Mirror of Fate DID just come out of the 3DS.... you never know.

For a Castlevania game I heard it was awful comparatively. Although Simon is the head of the series I'd say Shanoa is still my favorite character.
Trevor and Alucard are big in the series as well

Sure, it would most likely be Simon but those two could give him competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom