• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, The reason why had Toon Link & Young Link is because there are so many different versions of Link, it would make sense. By having Toon Link they have proven their point. Adding Toon Zelda would be excessive and just ANOTHER clone of a zelda character. It's Like if you had Paper Mario and then added Paper Peach. Or having Pichu AND igglybuff. We don't need another one. It's just kind of pointless and I think that's why she was taken out of Brawl.
I get your point. I actually support her as it seems to be the only possible way I see Tetra getting in.

Also, she wasn't removed for being a bad idea, lol. Sakurai takes a good amount of time planning the roster, so I can say that he must have seen something in her. She was dropped to time constraints.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jones. I give that roster a

GIMME NOW!!! out of ten. Good job!

Noah. Look. You've obviously had a rough start but it you stop stating opinions as fact and accept when you are wrong everything will be fine.

If not, then every conversation will be like this and you might want to save us all the trouble and leave.

It's your choice dude.

EDIT: Well it seems like you're getting better.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
My turn lol:

View attachment 742

Feedback is always appreciated! (almost)
Don't think people will take kindly to the removal of Ike. I don't even recognize those FE characters (If they are) if we are gonna have 4 it should be Leaf,Lyn,Roy, or Eirika

It would also be weird if they replaced Mewtwo with Lucario ONLY because he's newer and then replace Lucario with Mewtwo. Makes my head spin and theres no NEW pkmn reps. I'd be excited for Masked Man. But, he wouldn't be in Adventure Mode because he's dead, He'd be in on of the 3 secret doors. And I still expect Ninten. i was gonna add Goroh but theres so many sword characters we'd run out of moves. should also have a 5th mario character.

Jones. I give that roster a

GIMME NOW!!! out of ten. Good job!

Noah. Look. You've obviously had a rough start but it you stop stating opinions as fact and accept when you are wrong everything will be fine.

If not, then every conversation will be like this and you might want to save us all the trouble and leave.

It's your choice dude.
Okay. But you have to admit YOU must do exactly the same.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't think people will take kindly to the removal of Ike. I don't even recognize those FE characters (If they are) if we are gonna have 4 it should be Leaf,Lyn,Roy, or Eirika
Roy and Lyn are possible.

Leaf and Erika have no chance really. They are not requested enough for Sakurai to consider them ahead of other characters.

EDIT: When did I ever not admit that I was wrong or state my opinions as facts?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think DLC should be reserved for side characters of the major franchises already represented on the roster or more obscure characters from lesser known series.

You could say the main roster are the biggest and historical stars, while DLC are the smaller stars. Get the idea?

Think of Smash Bros. as a cake and DLC as condiments: you can enjoy the cake for its flavor, adding different condiments as you see fit.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Marth: Poster Boy Chrom: Awakening Protagonist Micaiah: Co-star of Ike's game.

Leaf: why? Lyn: alright as a choice, but that would make three sword users, which doesn't sit well with me. Roy: same boat as Lyn.
Eirika: Most people, including myself, would much rather have Ephraim, especially since he doesn't use a sword. Micaiah is a better representative of "something different" than Ephraim is.

It would also be weird if they replaced Mewtwo with Lucario ONLY because he's newer and then replace Lucario with Mewtwo. Makes my head spin and theres no NEW pkmn reps.
Mewtwo was removed for a completely different reason. He was removed because fans complained about his moveset, and Sakurai though they were referring to the character as a whole. The "NEW" pkmn rep is awakened Mewtwo. I'm certain fans would much rather see Mewtwo than Lucario

I'd be excited for Masked Man. But, he wouldn't be in Adventure Mode because he's dead. And I still expect Ninten.
The Masked Man is easily more popular as a choice and even more relevant. Adding Ninten is pointless because we already have 2 protagonists from the Mother series (serving the roles of "poster boy" and "recent protagonist"). Masked Man adds something new, unlike Ninten. Btw, being dead is a) a major spoiler and b) not relevant to Smash.

i was gonna add Goroh but theres so many sword characters we'd run out of moves.
Just because he has a sword doesn't mean he needs a sword-based moveset.

should also have a 5th mario character.
Not necessarily. Mario is already fully represented as it is. There is no need for a 5th rep.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd argue Mario needs a 5th rep. If it was alright to have 5 Mario characters in Melee, surely we can have even 6 Mario characters in Smash 4 without over-representing the series.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Please watch the whole video. There are some alternate choices I had that I'd like to share and details to what characters do. Total character count: 50

Also Here is My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user.XxSilverSaturnxX

Begginers:
Ninten
Starfy
Eirika (or Leaf)
Matthew
Sheriff
King K. Rool
Mii

Unlockables:
Bowser Jr.
Mewthree/ Mewtwo 2.0
Chrom
Takamaru
Mega Man
Bomberman
Karis
Ray

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I'd argue Mario needs a 5th rep. If it was alright to have 5 Mario characters in Melee, surely we can have even 6 Mario characters in Smash 4 without over-representing the series.
I'm not saying Mario can't get a 5th rep. I'm saying I don't think it's needed. We have the main hero, the sidekick, the villain, and the damsel. That being said, I feel that representing the other series properly holds more priority.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
some of them. the chain is original i believe but things like the blaster and grenades are in the game. but like Capt Falcon some liberties can be taken with the character
I just don't think he's famous enough to get in the game. I mean comparing him to someone like Ray.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I just don't think he's famous enough to get in the game. I mean comparing him to someone like Ray.
Mach Rider is in a different league than Ray. he would be entering as a retro character like Pit and Ice Climbers, unlike Ray who would be new series so thats a real apples to oranges comparison.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well, it works because it's filling the Eathbound roster to make sure all 3 games have a chance to shine. And I think he's more likely than Mach Rider. Mach Rider should be an assist trophy.

Mach Rider is in a different league than Ray. he would be entering as a retro character like Pit and Ice Climbers, unlike Ray who would be new series so thats a real apples to oranges comparison.
I think Takamaru is the retro character we will have. Mach Rider is just a LITTLE more obscure.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh! Are we posting rosters again? I'll just post mine again then.

49 characters. I think I win.

I think Takamaru is the retro character we will have. Mach Rider is just a LITTLE more obscure.

I don't think Takamaru is anything but "obscure" right now. and Mach Rider at least had some real facetime in the US. (Granted, Nintendoland and Samurai Warriors 3 count for something, but man...)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Well, that roster is very similar to Jones's roster, which isn't a bad thing at all.

The only differences are Bowser Jr., Samurai Goroh and Dixie Kong instead of Paper Mario, Dillon and Lloyd.

I like Jones's roster a little more thanks to Dillon and Lloyd's inclusion, in which I think they would bring more diversity to the roster, but Dixie Kong and Goroh aren't bad choices at all, given they are important characters from their respective franchises.

Between Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, I would prefer Bowser Jr., but Paper Mario can also bring a lot of unique moves to Smash.

9/10

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
between the two, Takamaru's the more obscure one. only reason any of us know who he is now is cause of Nintendo's recent acknowledgement of the character. now i for one dont think Mach Rider is getting in but im sure they've considered him at one point or another and i'd honestly call him a front runner for the retro candidate.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
between the two, Takamaru's the more obscure one. only reason any of us know who he is now is cause of Nintendo's recent acknowledgement of the character. now i for one dont think Mach Rider is getting in but im sure they've considered him at one point or another.
I still want both.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly Mach Rider isn't my cup of tea. I feel like Takamaru would bring something totally different to the roster. At the very least people won't confuse him with Captain Falcon somehow.

You know they would, even if Mach has guns. :rolleyes:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Honestly Mach Rider isn't my cup of tea. I feel like Takamaru would bring something totally different to the roster. At the very least people won't confuse him with Captain Falcon somehow.

You know they would, even if Mach has guns. :rolleyes:
Not really. No. It's not that hard to tell the difference. Even people who don't know either character would be able to tell the difference.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

I don't think Takamaru is anything but "obscure" right now. and Mach Rider at least had some real facetime in the US. (Granted, Nintendoland and Samurai Warriors 3 count for something, but man...)
I think that is actually proof that Takamaru is anything but obscure.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Takamaru Moveset:

B: ???
B forward: Shuriken
B Down: Turn invisible breifly (has to charge like R.O.B.'s Beam and Wario's fart
B up: Flame slash

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
I can honestly see both Takamaru and Mach Rider getting in if Sakurai is really set on the idea of retros. Takamaru has seen a bit of a renaissance of late and Mach Rider has been considered for Smash in the past. I don't see it as necessarily an either/or situation.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I can honestly see both Takamaru and Mach Rider getting in if Sakurai is really set on the idea of retros. Takamaru has seen a bit of a renaissance of late and Mach Rider has been considered for Smash in the past. I don't see it as necessarily an either/or situation.
(once again) I just want them both.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. That's the problem with the information we've got thus far. Sakurai has said he's interested in retros but does that mean we're getting 10 or 1? Keeps us talking though I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom