• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm actually REALLY hoping to see Paper Mario. But why aren't there any B&W/X&Y pkmn? also what does it mean for characters on bottom?
Basically the characters on the bottom I see as decent choices for DLC characters.

Mewtwo would be the X/Y Pokemon with his new form.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
On Scoliosis Jones' Roster:
Good. I'll be happy with that roster. :)

I want to see Noah's comment it, tbh. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Alright seriously, where the hell is Mario_and_Sonic_Guy when you need him?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
>comments that he isn't "yelling" anymore
>posts another comment of all caps
>still a troll
I use caps to be noticeable. If I was yelling I would use exclamation points. And I don't think I've done ANYTHING considered trolling. you guys are the ones being mean and using LITERALLY troll faces

well it can be argued that Mewtwo is the X&Y pokemon since he's kind of the big reveal of the gen equivalant to Lucario and Zoroark
That's why I have him in my roster

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Agreed. I'm going to re-post my roster for more feedback.

Here it is again:
I'd put more Dixie here, but you guys know me. Other than that, I <3 this roster. It's got K. Rool, Takamaru, Mac and Issac. <3. Also Dillon, who I think would be a nice surprise.

Is the second set of boxes supposed to be "Less possibles" or something?

THANK YOU! SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE ACTUALLY HAVE SOMEONE WHO'S WILLING TO TALK ABOUT FUN TOPICS! AND NOT BICKER! WE CAN ALL LEARN SOMETHING FROM aisight.
Y'know, maybe it's just me, but when I first started posting here, I wouldn't just randomly spout things in threads and cause undue stress for users I didn't know so well. Now? Sure, I can troll people :troll: but as a new user, I just don't think that's OK. Especially if you derail a topic, and then quote an admin with an all-caps message.

But then again, my points have all been ignored thus far, what's to stop them now?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd put more Dixie here, but you guys know me. Other than that, I <3 this roster. It's got K. Rool, Takamaru, Mac and Issac. <3. Also Dillon, who I think would be a nice surprise.

Is the second set of boxes supposed to be "Less possibles" or something?
Basically the second set is DLC hopefuls.

I love me some Zael and Aeron.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
overall i like that roster. im not in favor of Lloyd cause as everyone knows i lean towards Pac-Man. but otherwise i do really like it

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
With the use of DLC we may be able to break the 4 character limit. adding tons more to the game that wouldn't originally be in it because of space. I'd love to see Raichu as DLC

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
With the use of DLC we may be able to break the 4 character limit. adding tons more to the game that wouldn't originally be in it because of space. I'd love to see Raichu as DLC
I don't think there is a four characters limit. Mewtwo and Dr. Mario were both planned for Brawl, which would have left them with 5 slots each.

I'm a big supporter of DLC however.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I was surprised when Mario DIDN'T have 5 in brawl. What's up with that. Brawl should have had Roy & Bowser Jr./Paper Mario

i'd like to think they wouldnt waste a DLC slot on someone like Raichu. but thats a different argument in itself
Well, that's what I meant. They would never waste a normal slot on Raichu. Which is why I thought DLC would make him a possible character.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I don't think there is a four characters limit. Mewtwo and Dr. Mario were both planned for Brawl, which would have left them with 5 slots each.

I'm a big supporter of DLC however.
Not to mention Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik

Anyhow, I love the roster itself. My only complaints are Fire Emblem standing on equal grounds with Zelda, having 4 sword users represent FE, and Dillon. :)

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
well DLC should be characters who, while still wanted, the game could live without. a character like Roy is a perfect example of this to me

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Shulk COULD be in SSB4 through DLC

Good ideas for DLC

Roy
Raichu
Metal Sonic
Baby Yoshi (not the smw/nsmbu version)
Toon Zelda

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well, The reason why had Toon Link & Young Link is because there are so many different versions of Link, it would make sense. By having Toon Link they have proven their point. Adding Toon Zelda would be excessive and just ANOTHER clone of a zelda character. It's Like if you had Paper Mario and then added Paper Peach. Or having Pichu AND igglybuff. We don't need another one. It's just kind of pointless and I think that's why she was taken out of Brawl.

Only recently have I considered the possibility of Skull Kid

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@Scoliosis Jones: Your roster has 49 character slots, which goes with Sakurai's statement of not wanting to expand much of the roster. In that sense, it's a realistic bet. SSB64 had 12, Melee had 25 (approx. +100%) and Brawl had 35 (+40%) and this 49 roster would mean a consistent increase by 40%.

Secondly, series balance. Counting the DK, Yoshi and Wario series, the Mario series has a total of 10 characters, which is feasible, considering that's the biggest Nintendo franchise. While Paper Mario is debatable, K. Rool's inclusion is one big plus, since he's one of the major characters in the DK franchise and he's yet to be in Smash Bros. as a playable character.

The Legend of Zelda keeps the same characters as Melee and Brawl (counting Young Link and Toon Link as the same, since both share the same concept), which is conservative, but proves to contain all best known characters of the franchise: Link (both adult and young), Zelda and Ganon.

Metroid, given its low quantity of characters, is fine with just Samus and Ridley, the latter who's the main antagonist and one of the most requested characters for the fourth game. As with K. Rool, he's one of the few major Nintendo characters to not be playable in Smash Bros. yet, so his inclusion this time is highly justifiable.

Kirby and Pikmin don't really have much to add to Smash. Kirby's big 3 are already in and, despite Olimar not appearing in Pikmin 3, he's still the poster boy for the series, having appeared in the first two games.

Pokémon is playing safe and I wouldn't be surprised if the four characters in Brawl returned alongside Mewtwo, who could allude to Gen VI thanks to his new form. Lucario is still popular and was promoted for Black 2 / White 2, despite being from the previous generation.

The Kid Icarus series having a newcomer isn't farfetched given Uprising's success and popularity. Palutena is the likeliest choice as the newcomer, thanks to her consistent appearances throughout the three games of the series much like Pit.

Star Fox and F-Zero keeping the same characters as Brawl is expected, given that both series haven't received new games (excluding remakes or re-releases) in years. Same goes to EarthBound.

Fire Emblem is iffy... It's basically keeping all veterans while adding Chrom from the latest game. I see it happening, despite many disliking the idea.

Shulk, Isaac and Dillon aren't bad contenders and may well earn a spot on the roster, being the protagonists of lesser known, but acclaimed series overall. Little Mac's chances have improved since his series' revival and is one of the likeliest characters to make a playable appearance.7

On retro characters, I see Sakurai keeping the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. given his comments on the older Nintendo series. Takamaru may well earn his spot (and possibly alongside other retro characters), much like the other three and Pit earned their spot in the previous Smash Bros. games.

Finally, the third parties. Given their status, I could say that anything is possible and we can't really have an accurate prediction regarding them, so I'm basing my opinion on other factors. I like Smash Bros. with a few non-Nintendo characters as they bring something different from the Nintendo characters and that is good for a varied roster. This said, if the four characters were in, I wouldn't mind at all. On the contrary, I would appreciate their inclusion.
Given that they only occupy less than 10% of the roster, I say that doesn't detract much from Smash's main concept as a Nintendo All-Star fighter. Third-parties? Yes, but in moderation. This is still a Nintendo game, after all, and this roster manages to capture that.

The DLC choices aren't bad, given that they consist of darkhorses and other lesser known characters. That's what I envision as a good objective for potential DLC.

All in all, this is a solid roster and would please me, even though it hasn't all the characters I want. After all, it's impossible to please everyone.

Rating: 9/10

And why are Shulk, Dillon and Isaac in both main roster and DLC roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom