• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...what did he say about Muddy Mole?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Muddy Mole does not need to be researched to claim he won't be available now move on to a different topic

My concern of Little Mac is he's a boxer. So wouldn't all his moves require is fists. What will nintendo decide for his downward arieal attack?
Maybe he would just
punch downward like some of the other characters do

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Oww please...ZSS is as NEW...(-_-) of a rep as bloody Dr.Mario is...
Exactly: A poor excuse for a "newcomer". Zero Suit Samus made sense, but she's still the same person and even character slot.

I must have quoted the wrong post...sorry my bad
..someone said that if Starfox can get 3 Reps so should FE?
WA wa da Fuq?
I can somewhat understand that with Star Fox's inactivity recently. I agree that FE should get 3 reps, but I don't think comparing it to Star Fox is the smartest way to come to that conclusion.

Metroid doesnt havent any popular enough or suitable characters?
If Metroid were to get three reps, it would be Ridley, Samus, and Dark Samus hands down. I, personally, only have two reps because there isn't a need to have a third rep, amazingly. With what we have in Brawl and Ridley, we represent the Space Pirates, Samus herself, and the Metroids. What else is necessary to represent?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I see those pony and meme pictures and i lose all ability to take Noah seriously. Noah is just an idiot. (yeah i know he's probably a troll)

And after I came into this thread, I saw Noah throw a massive fit over Pac-Man. If Noah sticks around and Pac-Man gets confirmed at E3, I am staying far away from this forum until Noah's whining stops.

Really should have taken your word more seriously.
Oh well. Now you know.

Yup - Sony cuts ties with superbot

Im not sure if its been said what they are planning to do after the support for that game has ended, but as it stands they arent dealing with SCEA. And platinum games wasnt too happy about their blunder with the raiden leak either so im not even sure if konami would be willing to deal with them either at this point.
it wasn't because of the sales. Their contract expired. (I'm not lying) Besides that they haven't talked about any other reasons. I assume that Sony is treating this like they've been doing with other companies.

They're too lazy to re-new the contract and just give Sony Santa Monica a game because reasons.

I hate how half the people here assume stuff and yet they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to PSASBR.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I bought PSASBR myself, but it is nowhere near as good as Smash Bros. Like really.

I'm not laughing like I thought I would be last night. This makes me a sad panda :troll:.

However, while I sometimes disagree with him on things, I don't understand how Golden is a troll. At all. He does have some great points sometimes, and he uses logic to back up his points. So he gets heated sometimes. Doesn't mean he is trolling you.

*sigh...the ****storm has already begun :sadeyes:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I see those pony and meme pictures and i lose all ability to take Noah seriously.
It's people like Noah that help give a bad name to MLP fans, posting those things all over message boards where they don't belong and acting like they own the place.

Some of us just want to fandom in peace! :(

@Scoliosis: Golden's a G. A loud, somewhat lion-esque G. Word. :cool:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I have PSASBR and it's not bad but it's not only that the features lack but the actual fighting pales when you realize they not only imbalanced some characters way off the chart but the game modes are limited. At least with Smash I feel it's a fighter and there's even more modes to feel that way like Stamina. Here I got... go for a super move.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
King Boo is one of those characters I think is underrated in the possible-rep department. If I were to pick another Mario villain, it'd be him fo sho.

And Tom Nook is still my G.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
King Boo is one of those characters I think is underrated in the possible-rep department. If I were to pick another Mario villain, it'd be him fo sho.

Are Sora, Demise and Silver your G's? :troll:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Man, if Demise *somehow* (note, impossibly) replaces Ganon, I'm just gonna be mad. My name is Banjodorf, not Banjomise. (Eww...)

Not that I don't like demise, but man...

Sora's coo, but naw man, naw. And Silver? Whatever! Ruins PT's uniqueness in the gimmick front.

TL;DR: Errbody's my G. Long as they not terrible.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I want to comment on this roster, but before that I would like to know whether this is meant to be a wishlist or a prediction. :??:
Its more of a wishlist, I doubt Id get all of them, Ill be happy if I get ridley, krystal or K. rool.

I was thinking King Boo would be Luigis villian rep actually.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I was thinking King Boo would be Luigis villian rep actually.

Not a bad idea, especially if they decide to further seperate Luigi from Mario this game. Poltergust move finally please? Please?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I think sora would be the optimal square choice (im considering him as a bundle package with geno and mallow), Demise would be awesome as I think he Is the next most important zelda character, and silver would be a pokemon trainer type, I dont know what types of pokemon I would choice for him to hold but It would be 3 that arent currently represented, currently we have normal, electric, fighting, steel, psychic, fire, water and grass (maybe poison cant remember if ivysaur is poison or not). I would want the 3 pokemon silver holds to be different pokemon type's.

Not a bad idea, especially if they decide to further seperate Luigi from Mario this game. Poltergust move finally please? Please?
Most certainly I expect luigi to get his vacuum.

I think with that roster, there are just too many 3rd parties, and too many characters in general.
Its more of what I want the smash roster to eventually be than an accurate prediction for the next game, I expect 2-3 new third parties and probably 10 less characters than I have up their.

Man, if Demise *somehow* (note, impossibly) replaces Ganon, I'm just gonna be mad. My name is Banjodorf, not Banjomise. (Eww...)

Not that I don't like demise, but man...

Sora's coo, but naw man, naw. And Silver? Whatever! Ruins PT's uniqueness in the gimmick front.

TL;DR: Errbody's my G. Long as they not terrible.
Demise replacing Ganondorf would piss me off as well, I would expect them to rework ganons moveset to be like an evil zelda (so dark magic user with some sword moves) and I expect demise would be alot more combat oriented, not as slow use his sword alot, use his dark lightning
, I think it would be sick.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Demise replacing Ganondorf would piss me off as well, I would expect them to rework ganons moveset to be like an evil zelda (so dark magic user with some sword moves) and I expect demise would be alot more combat oriented, not as slow use his sword alot, use his dark lightning
, I think it would be sick.

Honestly, I really like that idea. It sounds badass. I think I'd want Wizardorf to be a little less like "Evil Zelda" but it's definitely the right direction. Woo!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Its more of what I want the smash roster to eventually be than an accurate prediction for the next game, I expect 2-3 new third parties and probably 10 less characters than I have up their.
Ah alright. It looked like more of a wishlist roster. I agree with a lot of your characters on there.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Do you mean it's true that you are:
?

You probably have about a respectably average understanding of the criteria they use to select characters. But your knowledge of games, characters, popularity levels and inner workings is atrocious which is why you have made so many terrible predictions.

Moved to the correct thread before those get deleted:

?

You probably have about a respectably average understanding of the criteria they use to select characters. But your knowledge of games, characters, popularity levels and inner workings is atrocious which is why you have made so many terrible predictions.
Dammit man Noah actually stopped posting here for a little while because nobody responded to him. He will shut up if you don't respond to him and then peace will be gained, so please no one respond to Noah again unless he can be peaceful like everyone else on this goddamn forum. PLEASE.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dammit man Noah actually stopped posting here for a little while because nobody responded to him. He will shut up if you don't respond to him and then peace will be gained, so please no one respond to Noah again unless he can be peaceful like everyone else on this goddamn forum. PLEASE.
Psst. He's back.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
?

Moved to the correct thread before those get deleted:

?

Actually my predictions are much better. And I am COMPLETELY aware of the popularity and inner workings. Just because I say they can't be in doesn't mean I don't. You don't get into SSB for being a good selling game. You can disagree, but that's how it is. Shulk won't be in SSB4. That's all I have to say about that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They aren't.

First of all, Pushmo is not a character, but a game (known in Europe as Pullblox). Mallo is the protagonist of that game.

That game was developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo, much like the Paper Mario, Fire Emblem and Wars series as well as majority of the WarioWare games.

Intelligent Systems is a first-party studio to Nintendo, therefore, Mallo is a first-party character.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I am the only one who is being peaceful. You don't see me cussing and getting mad because you don't like my roster. I am reporting.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Actually my predictions are much better. And I am COMPLETELY aware of the popularity and inner workings. Just because I say they can't be in doesn't mean I don't. You don't get into SSB for being a good selling game. You can disagree, but that's how it is. Shulk won't be in SSB4. That's all I have to say about that.
If you are so sure about it, why don't you back your points with irrefutable evidence?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What exactly does Shulk have going against him? I'm not quite sure.

Also, these "inner workings" you know of are oddly not being brought up. Care to share what those might be?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

First of all, Pushmo is not a character, but a game (known in Europe as Pullblox). Mallo is the protagonist of that game.

That game was developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo, much like the Paper Mario, Fire Emblem and Wars series as well as majority of the WarioWare games.

Intelligent Systems is a first-party studio to Nintendo, therefore, Mallo is a first-party character.
I don't know where you got that idea, but I'm not responding to your flaming anymore. This is a discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom