• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Says the one who has Erika, Karis, and Ninten on his roster.
Even worse in that the former two are clones of someone else, while the obvious Ness clone Ninten is somehow completely different.

Then you'll be waiting a loooooooooooooong time.

Y'know, I'm almost reminded of some of the posts DSN used to make, although compared to this guy, I found DSN entirely logical (he did make some good points sometimes) and now I miss him.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Just a random question here but were king k and Ridley considered shoo ins for brawl back during that time? Or at least really likely picks?
It seemed like it from what i could tell around that time, everyone just assumed they were in. And it appears they feel the same this time around, im hopeful for ridley but ill dial back my hype since we could end up with the same type of situation this time around.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Even worse in that the former two are clones of someone else, while the obvious Ness clone Ninten is somehow completely different.
Well, that IS a reasonable opinion. I orignally had Leaf, but I chose Eirika because there is tons of girl heroes. But, even YOU know none of these even compare to MUDDY MOLE. Also claiming Ninten is a clone of Ness is simply lying, You read the details to what Ninten does. Otherwise he wouldn't be in it.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, I'm almost reminded of some of the posts DSN used to make, although compared to this guy, I found DSN entirely logical (he did make some good points sometimes) and now I miss him.
Lol, yeah.
Now this guy just sent me a message asking "where's YOUR post?" with a spinning smilie face. :laugh:
Is he for serious?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just a random question here but were king k and Ridley considered shoo ins for brawl back during that time? Or at least really likely picks?

K. Rool wasn't, just because Diddy's placement seemed to make a second new DK character (at the time) wishful thinking. Now, it seems more likely to get both K. Rool and Dixie, just because the barrel is almost getting scraped. Ridley was, too an extent, but Ridley threads back then were banned, so it wasn't often discussed. He was pretty up there, though.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
well Muddy Mole would make it as a retro pick and that has a different standard of debates. i doubt he'd make it but its honestly more likely than someone like Karis

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Then you'll be waiting a loooooooooooooong time.
Lol, is still possible to be butthurt from a guy on the internet you don't know in real life from like years ago and still be considered an adult. Also a troll is someone who will disagree with someone NO MATTER WHAT. So that is kinda what you're doing by saying NONE of these characters will appear in SSB. It's simply because of WHO posted it. Not what IS poted. They are far more likely than others. Alright Kids, let's see if GoldenYuiitusin can reply in the most adult way he can without sounding like a total troll. Ready.............GO!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Lol, is still possible to be butthurt from a guy on the internet you don't know in real life from like years ago and still be considered an adult. Also a troll is someone who will disagree with someone NO MATTER WHAT. So that is kinda what you're doing by saying NONE of these characters will appear in SSB. It's simply because of WHO posted it. Not what IS poted. They are far more likely than others. Alright Kids, let's see if GoldenYuiitusin can reply in the most adult way he can without sounding like a total troll. Ready.............GO!
You just challenged the wrong person bro lol

There are definitely questionable additions on your roster. That is irrefutable.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

You're a real amusing person, and I honestly cannot wait for you to go.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Golden don't do it.

It's a trap. He's baiting you.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

Comments:

1. I believe Mario is getting another representative, with the roster size going up the most important series will get one more representative to keep their ratio about the same. The most unique addition would be Paper Mario in the sense that he comes from a completely different line of games and has a completely different play-style because his game isn't even the same genre. This is the reason I think Paper Mario is the most probable of all Mario characters to appear in this game.

2. King K. Rool is not only a great addition to an underrepresented franchise, but it is one of the most wanted characters, period. He also is long over-due.

3. I believe that in order to fill in a spot for the Zelda series and in order to get in a character from the last games (and the next upcoming game, which there are many theories that it could be a direct sequel to Skyward Sword like Majora's was to OoT or Spirit Tracks was to Phantom Hourglass), Zelda and Sheik will be separated. Sheiks moveset will be incorporated into Impa who would be redesigned to feel and look more like Sheik but in the end she would still be SS's Impa. Zelda on the other hand would get a new down-B.

Note: Ganondorf would get a completely new moveset that uses his dark magic and his sword gameplay that is cannon to the Zelda series, technically making him a new character, but, more on that later.

4. Following the separation of Zelda and Sheik, Samus and ZS Samus would be separated in order to make it more obvious to players how to choose her. (as there are many casual players who believe this can only be achieved by Final Smashes, I ain't kidding you, I actually know these people), this can also be done to "round-up" the roster and make it look more organized (which is why I did it quite honestly xD).

5. A long overdue character for an underrepresented franchise. Ridley is also one of the most wanted characters since Melee. He is not only very much asked for but also highly debated, as we all know, which only increases his popularity and chances of getting in.

6. With Uprising, Kid Icarus fame has risen (bad joke?) and the game has built a very big fanbase which crave for more characters. As we all know, Nintendo lack a lot of strong female characters that are actually important or play any role in their games, they shouldn't pass down on one that fits not only all those bills but any other criterias thrown at her. Let us not forget the fact that her complete redesign was done by the same man who is making the game.

7. Black Shadow. Now here's the thing... Why not Samurai Goroh? Well it's because quite honestly Black Shadow would serve to please the current Ganondorf fans. With the inclusion of Dark Shadow, Ganondorf's current moveset could be de-clonified a bit further and then given to Black Shadow as his movement set and Ganondorf could then get a complete overhaul and moveset redesign from scratch in order for him to use black magic and his sword, cannon to the games.

Black Shadow would then take the torch for all the old Ganondorf fans that liked him because of his moves and feel instead of his actual character, and people who like Ganondorf for his character would love to have him redesigned and use all those cool abilities from the games thus everyone is happy. (Except Samurai Goroh fans I guess).

8. Mewtwo returns. Do I seriously need to explain this one? :p. Mewtwo is the most wanted character in the game right now, he is also the new face of the X and Y games that are being developed and was also chosen to be the new face of generation 6 as a whole (at least from what we can tell from all the ads and commercials), not only that but he is being given the main part in the upcoming Pokemon movie. (The question here is, will we get old Mewtwo, new Mewtwo, a transformation between them or both?)

9. Roy returns. Roy is competing to be the second most wanted character in most eastern and western polls, beating all newcomers except for Megaman. He was already in smash which increases his chances of appearing in the game, the only two things going against him are his cloned moveset and the fact that he wields a sword just like the two other characters from FE we already have, when that franchise has so much more diversity to choose from.

10. Little Mac is a very popular character. He basically has a built in moveset already made which makes his inclusion that much easier. Very popular in the western continents and very important to Nintendo history.

11. There have been many hints to remembrance of Takamaru's games like the mini game in Nintendo Land. Also if I am not mistaken he has been mentioned a lot lately around and is also a very popular and very wanted character in the game. Smash would be an ideal game to revive said character which is something that seems to be in the making.

12. The Golden Sun franchise has a big fan base and many people want Isaac in. Although not very popular in the east, the franchise as a whole has been acknowledged by Sakurai by having Isaac as an AT last game and Isaac is still in the list of the most wanted characters, albeit he is low. Some people argue that he no longer holds as much relevance to the series and that if Golden Sun made it into the game it would probably not be Isaac, but the new protagonist. Even though this holds merit, it is my believe that Smash is not only a promotion game, but also a fan-service game and sometimes decisions are not solely based on what makes more money but also on what people actually want to play as.

13. I am pretty confident there will be at least 1 Namco representative, given that they are helping develop the game. In my opinion it will most likely be Pac-Man as a character from their other fighting games will probably seem a bit off in Smash. Basically getting a character from Namco would require much less hassle than getting any other 3rd party, period. In my opinion when waging hassle vs reward Pac-Man would come out on top of any third party character given the fact that no other third party comes close in ease of implementation.

14. When Brawl was finished, many people were dissapointed Megaman was not in the game. It was revealed that Sakurai never approached Capcom and Capcom showed no sign of displeasure at the idea of Megaman being in the game. With Smash 4 being made, it is now a different story now that Megaman is the most wanted newcomer (and second most wanted character overall, only behind Mewtwo) by a huge margin, no other character's popularity even dents Megaman's numbers. Also Megaman just fits so perfectly in the game it is austounding.

Note: Also I believe Snake might be cut. With the new inclusion of Playstation Allstars it might be harder to get Snake into the game. And I know Sakurai and Kojima are great friends and that it was actually Kojima who wanted Snake in the game since Melee, but I have a weird feeling that Sony might just buy out Snake or do some deal with Kojima (or Konami) about him not being in Smash.

15. To end it, I also think that there will probably be one more 3rd party newcomer, although I have no idea who, but I do believe there will be one more. Because of this I have added Bomberman, who after Megaman (and obviously Pac-Man), I believe is the most probable 3rd party to be introduced. (That might be a bit biased because personally I want him to get in).

Please don't flame me a lot.

I appreciate the comments.

D

Deleted member

Well, that IS a reasonable opinion. I orignally had Leaf, but I chose Eirika because there is tons of girl heroes. But, even YOU know none of these even compare to MUDDY MOLE. Also claiming Ninten is a clone of Ness is simply lying, You read the details to what Ninten does. Otherwise he wouldn't be in it.
They don't compare to Muddy Mole, yes.
Muddy Mole is far superior.

I've read the details. They're downright idiotic.
"Ninten can use PK Teleport" So could Ness, and yet he doesn't use it in Smash.
"He can use PK Ground!" Uh, NO. There is no logic AT ALL for Ninten to use it. PK Ground doesn't exist in Mother 1 or Mother 2, only Mother 3. The only one it would make sense for between the three heroes is Lucas.
"He can use PK Beam!" This is the only good point as PK Beam is exclusive to Mother 1. However...the move is the ancestor to PK Flash. So pretty much, a clone move.
"He can use Hypnosis!" The move would make just as much sense on Ness as it would Ninten. Arguably Lucas as well, since Kumatora can just "teach" him the technique like the excuse was given for all of Lucas' PSI attacks in Brawl.

You know what else Ninten can do?
PK Fire.
PK Thunder.
PSI Magnet.
PK Freeze.
All of these moves are present in Mother 1 through Ana.

The ONLY thing that Ninten logically cannot replicate from Ness/Lucas is PK Starstorm, as that doesn't exist in Mother 1.
But then again, PK Beam Omega can reasonably be used a substitute.

So to say Ninten won't be a clone is stupid. Lucas has plenty of moves that would logically be exclusive to him such as PK Love, Refresh, and PK Ground, yet he was a semi-clone of Ness.
Ninten would logically take the very same route if he was included. To say otherwise is to be deluded.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You're a real amusing person, and I honestly cannot wait for you to go.
For what, hating trolls. The only troll on here is Golden and I known him longer. I'm simply saying it is childish of him to troll. I'm only here to discuss super smash bros. So if you wanna be mean instead of share opinions like adults than allow me to respond with
Now are you gonna stomp all over my "trying to politely discuss SSB" or just abuse this site and be mean. There isn't even point of being mean. I don't know you so how can I be hurt.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
there's nothing to really respond to. nothing he said really warrants a response so its best to just ignore the kid and move on with our conversations. what were we talkin about again lol

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
They don't compare to Muddy Mole, yes.
Muddy Mole is far superior.

I've read the details. They're downright idiotic.
"Ninten can use PK Teleport" So could Ness, and yet he doesn't use it in Smash.
"He can use PK Ground!" Uh, NO. There is no logic AT ALL for Ninten to use it. PK Ground doesn't exist in Mother 1 or Mother 2, only Mother 3. The only one it would make sense for between the three heroes is Lucas.
"He can use PK Beam!" This is the only good point as PK Beam is exclusive to Mother 1. However...the move is the ancestor to PK Flash. So pretty much, a clone move.
"He can use Hypnosis!" The move would make just as much sense on Ness as it would Ninten. Arguably Lucas as well, since Kumatora can just "teach" him the technique like the excuse was given for all of Lucas' PSI attacks in Brawl.

You know what else Ninten can do?
PK Fire.
PK Thunder.
PSI Magnet.
PK Freeze.
All of these moves are present in Mother 1 through Ana.

The ONLY thing that Ninten logically cannot replicate from Ness/Lucas is PK Starstorm, as that doesn't exist in Mother 1.
But then again, PK Beam Omega can reasonably be used a substitute.

So to say Ninten won't be a clone is stupid. Lucas has plenty of moves that would logically be exclusive to him such as PK Love, Refresh, and PK Ground, yet he was a semi-clone of Ness.
Ninten would logically take the very same route if he was included. To say otherwise is to be deluded.

YOU DID IT! YOU POSTED A COMPLETELY REASONABLE AND AGREEABLE COMMENT WITHOUT TROLLING.
To rebuttle Beam, Teleport, Hypnosis, and Brainshock are all present in Mother 1. And Lucas had ALL of Kumtora's moves. I think PK ground would be accepted if all these excuses were made for Ness & Lucas. But that can just as well be disagreed with. So if you disagree with Ninten I understand, because you are..........THE FIRST PERSON TO ACTUALLY DEFEND THE REJECTION OF NINTEN WITH DECENT BACK UP AND INTELLIGENCE!

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
@Raykz
I like most of ur roster. the couple things im not in favor of is cutting Snake for Bomberman and adding Black Shadow. Snake wasnt in PSABR so theres no reason to say he wouldnt b in smash. i personally would rather see Bomberman but i doubt Snake will get cut for him. and i just doubt the inclusion of a 2nd F Zero character in general

lol this kid made me honestly chuckle a little but only cause its a little sad

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Shout out to GoldenYuiitsuin for actually defending the apposition of Ninten AND without flaming. Hopefully we can all do the same (No pointing fingers here)

I see we agree on oh-so-many points. I like you :cool:

Another fan of Black Shadow as well. Hurray!
I think if they added Black Shadow BEFORE Ganondorf, he would have been Ganondorf. NOW WHAT DO WE DO?:(

Golden don't do it.

It's a trap. He's baiting you.
Being positive aren't we?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
@Raykz
I like most of ur roster. the couple things im not in favor of is cutting Snake for Bomberman and adding Black Shadow. Snake wasnt in PSABR so theres no reason to say he wouldnt b in smash. i personally would rather see Bomberman but i doubt Snake will get cut for him. and i just doubt the inclusion of a 2nd F Zero character in general
I actually think F-Zero will probably get a second representative. It is a good franchise, although it isn't that popular. (And it is the only franchise from the original with only one character).

I do not want Snake to be cut, but from what I have heard, Sony put (or was "suggested" to put) Raiden into their game to promote the new MGS game. If Sony were to make a sequel to PSA which is very possible they will want Snake to be part of it, it is almost a given, and knowing just how Sony is, they will go for exclusive rights. What I fear is that Sony has more than enough money and lee-way to take Snake away from Nintendo, that is, if they actually consider their efforts worth it. Then again Sony might not go through the trouble of taking Snake away from Nintendo and they might just allow him to be in both games, I just have a feeling that it won't turn out like that. Anyways I think Bomberman fits Smash a whole lot more and I actually prefer Bomberman to Snake, I just don't like anyone being cut. (except for Pichu and maaayyybe Dr. Mario, good riddance IMO).

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I do not want Snake to be cut, but from what I have heard, Sony put (or was "suggested" to put) Raiden into their game to promote the new MGS game. If Sony were to make a sequel to PSA which is very possible they will want Snake to be part of it, it is almost a given, and knowing just how Sony is, they will go for exclusive rights. What I fear is that Sony has more than enough money and lee-way to take Snake away from Nintendo, that is, if they actually consider their efforts worth it. Then again Sony might not go through the trouble of taking Snake away from Nintendo and they might just allow him to be in both games, I just have a feeling that it won't turn out like that. Anyways I think Bomberman fits Smash a whole lot more and I actually prefer Bomberman to Snake, I just don't like anyone being cut. (except for Pichu and maaayyybe Dr. Mario, good riddance IMO).
Kinda doubt that sony will get snake in a PS all stars sequel, hell i doubt that game will even get a sequel with how it did and how sony abandoned the game studio superbot after its release. Snake has more reason to stay than leave, and with him being konami's biggest draw they would never put bomberman forth over him. Im sure kojima or sakurai have respect for one another enough to discuss his fate at some point during development.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I actually think F-Zero will probably get a second representative. It is a good franchise, although it isn't that popular. (And it is the only franchise from the original with only one character).

I do not want Snake to be cut, but from what I have heard, Sony put (or was "suggested" to put) Raiden into their game to promote the new MGS game. If Sony were to make a sequel to PSA which is very possible they will want Snake to be part of it, it is almost a given, and knowing just how Sony is, they will go for exclusive rights. What I fear is that Sony has more than enough money and lee-way to take Snake away from Nintendo, that is, if they actually consider their efforts worth it. Then again Sony might not go through the trouble of taking Snake away from Nintendo and they might just be in both games, I just have a feeling that it won't turn out like that. Anyways I think Bomberman fits Smash a whole lot more and I actually prefer Bomberman to Snake, I just don't like anyone being cut. (except for Pichu and maaayyybe Dr. Mario, good riddance IMO).
Sakurai was likely deciding the roster before PSASBR even released, and if he was planning to included Snake and Sonic again, one of the first things he probably did was secure the rights to them. The roster is pretty much one of the first things decided in development after all. But even if he didn't, PSASBR didn't do so hot commerically, and only average critically. Superbot split from Sony, and the roster to a sequel (if a sequel is even ever made) isn't going to be decided prior to the Smash 4 roster, which is likely already done, for the most part.

Also, Kojima wanted Snake in Smash since Melee, and is good friends with Sakurai. He has a pretty big say for the MGS series, and seems unlikely he'd opt to put the character solely in a rival companies' mascot fighter. Also, it really wouldn't make much sense, unless Sony was offering a truckload of money. Even if he mostly appears on Sony's consoles, Smash Bros is still much better advertising and promotion, considering it reaches significantly higher sales numbers than PSASBR likely ever will, and Konami is probably aware of this.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Kinda doubt that sony will get snake in a PS all stars sequel, hell i doubt that game will even get a sequel with how it did and how sony abandoned the game studio superbot after its release. Snake has more reason to stay than leave, and with him being konami's biggest draw they would never put bomberman forth over him. Im sure kojima or sakurai have respect for one another enough to discuss his fate at some point during development.

You might be right. I didn't know Sony abandoned Superbot, I thought they were working on some other game series for the time being. If there is no PSA sequel then I would see no reason for Sony to negotiate for Snake and thus no reason for him being cut.

Sakurai was likely deciding the roster before PSASBR even released, and if he was planning to included Snake and Sonic again, one of the first things he probably did was secure the rights to them. The roster is pretty much one of the first things decided in development after all. But even if he didn't, PSASBR didn't do so hot commerically, and only average critically. Superbot was closed down, and the roster to a sequel (if a sequel is even ever made) isn't going to be decided prior to the Smash 4 roster, which is likely already done, for the most part.

Also, Kojima wanted Snake in Smash since Melee, and is good friends with Sakurai. He has a pretty big say for the MGS series, and seems unlikely he'd opt to put the character solely in a rival companies' mascot fighter. Also, it really wouldn't make much sense, unless Sony was offering a truckload of money. Even if he mostly appears on Sony's consoles, Smash Bros is still much better advertising and promotion, considering it reaches significantly higher sales numbers than PSASBR likely ever will, and Konami is probably aware of this.
I actually had no clue Superbot was shutdown, that actually changes my view on things. I knew PSA did badly, just didn't know it was that bad...

On a side-note though, even if Kojima had a lot of say, in the end Konami is the owner of the rights (or so I understand, I might be wrong) and deals can always be struck, and when you have a company like Sony, if you want it bad enough, you can take it, it just depends how badly you want it. Anyways with the news of Superbot I actually now think Snake will most probably stay in the game.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
well thats a lot of assumptions is the problem. now while i am one of those that really liked PSAS, i know that it may not get a sequel. even if it did thats not to say all the characters would return, mostly referring to the 3rd parties. Sony may want to go exclusive with that title, Konami may not. while true Sony could probably shell out enough money for Konami to consider it, a company like Konami should be smart enough to realize that there's more money to be made when a series is universal. personally i think that if Snake got cut at all then that would really just be it. we'd get maybe 3 third parties and probably not see Konami come with something else.

and while Sony did drop Superbot, they do have Sony Santa Monica working on it now so its not impossible for a possible sequel. just might not happen for a few years i say

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
You might be right. I didn't know Sony abandoned Superbot, I thought they were working on some other game series for the time being. If there is no PSA sequel then I would see no reason for Sony to negotiate for Snake and thus no reason for him being cut.

I actually had no clue Superbot was shutdown, that actually changes my view on things. I knew PSA did badly, just didn't know it was THAT bad...
Yup - Sony cuts ties with superbot

Im not sure if its been said what they are planning to do after the support for that game has ended, but as it stands they arent dealing with SCEA. And platinum games wasnt too happy about their blunder with the raiden leak either so im not even sure if konami would be willing to deal with them either at this point.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
well thats a lot of assumptions is the problem. now while i am one of those that really liked PSAS, i know that it may not get a sequel. even if it did thats not to say all the characters would return, mostly referring to the 3rd parties. Sony may want to go exclusive with that title, Konami may not. while true Sony could probably shell out enough money for Konami to consider it, a company like Konami should be smart enough to realize that there's more money to be made when a series is universal. personally i think that if Snake got cut at all then that would really just be it. we'd get maybe 3 third parties and probably not see Konami come with something else.

and while Sony did disband Superbot, they do have Sony Santa Monica working on it now so its not impossible for a possible sequel. just might not happen for a few years i say
Yes, but just like you say I was making assumptions on the fact that Sony would want to make a sequel as fast as they could, which is obviously not the case. There would be no reason for them to look for exclusivity for a game that is not planned to be made I guess.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
All in all, I think it just doesn't make sense to cut Snake, even without the probably unrelated Superbot-going-under news.

I for one thought Snake fit in well with the Brawl cast, and would really hate to see one of my favorite video game characters get the axe because of reasons. :cool:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yup - Sony cuts ties with superbot

Im not sure if its been said what they are planning to do after the support for that game has ended, but as it stands they arent dealing with SCEA. And platinum games wasnt too happy about their blunder with the raiden leak either so im not even sure if konami would be willing to deal with them either at this point.

Wait, was it because of the bad sales on PSA or was it because of bad behavior such as the leak? A mix of both?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If PSASBR had sold like Smash... no matter what leaked or how many leaks there were, Sony wouldn't have cut ties with them.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
If PSASBR had sold like Smash... no matter what leaked or how many leaks there were, Sony wouldn't have cut ties with them.
i think that goes without saying. i wish the game did better. it had great potential and i like a lot of the differences between it and smash but hey what can u do?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Well then learning that my assumptions are obviously very far fetched, I would change Bomberman back for Snake as it isn't at all likely that Snake is cut.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
i think that goes without saying. i wish the game did better. it had great potential and i like a lot of the differences between it and smash but hey what can u do?

I didn't actually play it so take in mind my opinions have no base, but the "only kill with specials" thing sounded really lame to me. I watched matches in youtube and although it was mostly noobs playing (so I couldn't really gauge the depth of the game), it looked like many characters had really unfair advantages because of the mechanics, any character with long combos and good level 1 super basically had an incredibly huge advantage.

I also think the mechanics themselves made for a 2 phase game, phase 1 being just not-caring about anything and getting as most combos as possible and phase 2 being, aiming and dodging the super you/your opponent just got, rinse and repeat until you actually kill him. Quite honestly neither of the phases sound very fun. Its like when a smash ball comes out in smash, yes it is very exhilarating the first times you see it, but if the smash ball was there floating 100% of the time and the game consisted of just getting it and using it and getting the next one and using it, etc., I believe it just wouldn't be even close as exciting.

Then again, I didn't play it, I have no base to back my arguments so everything I just said is an assumption and quite obviously my assumptions aren't always correct as we have deduced already :p.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I didn't actually play it so take in mind my opinions have no base, but the "only kill with specials" thing sounded really lame to me. I watched matches in youtube and although it was mostly noobs playing (so I couldn't really gauge the depth of the game), it looked like many characters had really unfair advantages because of the mechanics, any character with long combos and good level 1 super basically had an incredibly huge advantage.

I also think the mechanics themselves made for a 2 phase game, phase 1 being just not-caring about anything and getting as most combos as possible and phase 2 being, aiming and dodging the super you/your opponent just got, rinse and repeat until you actually kill him. Quite honestly neither of the phases sound very fun, its like when a smash ball comes out in smash, yes it is very exhilarating the first times, but if the smash ball was there floating 100% of the time and the game consisted of getting it and releasing it, it wouldn't be as exciting.

Then again, I didn't play it, I have no base to back my arguments so everything I just said is an assumption and quite obviously my assumptions aren't always correct as we have deduced already :p.

nah its cool. i was very much the same way when i bought the game. the killing system is one of those that works better in practice rather than on paper.its not a perfect system i admit but once u get the hang of it the game is entertaining in the challenge of being able to get those kills. because like u said people will be dodging ur supers as well as trying to get u. but i understand thats not for everyone
a problem with a lot of those characters that are high combo is that their supers arent that good and their AP build is fairly low,with the exception of Raiden. now i main Spike. he's a character who's fairly well rounded. not great at combos, only a couple kill confirms, with decent short to mid range but only soso supers. his advantage however is that he's got good AP gain so if im good enough i could get level 2 or even 3, use it, build it back up and use it again before my oponent has been able to even get his level one. some characters are still pretty imbalanced, Raiden and Kat, but most of the characters have their advantages and disadvantages. admittedly its no smash, and i play it a little less than i used to but i do still like it and participate in some torneys every now and again. i think if they got Killian way earlier in develpment they could've done a lot better by this game. but anyway lets get back to Smash uhm... Fossil Fighters lol

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Uhm. Yes they add new characters into SSB when the game is a hit and the character is popular.

I can't respond to that without getting a more unreasonable response each time (Also sarcastic or not, that is true.)
Do you mean it's true that you are:
"I'm one of the few people who understands how the process of making a SSB roster ACTUALLY works. So I would know better than you."
?

You probably have about a respectably average understanding of the criteria they use to select characters. But your knowledge of games, characters, popularity levels and inner workings is atrocious which is why you have made so many terrible predictions.

Moved to the correct thread before those get deleted:
Uhm. Yes they add new characters into SSB when the game is a hit and the character is popular.

I can't respond to that without getting a more unreasonable response each time (Also sarcastic or not, that is true.)
Do you mean it's true that you are:
"I'm one of the few people who understands how the process of making a SSB roster ACTUALLY works. So I would know better than you."
?

You probably have about a respectably average understanding of the criteria they use to select characters. But your knowledge of games, characters, popularity levels and inner workings is atrocious which is why you have made so many terrible predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom