• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Do you REALLY think of ALL people, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Bomberman, Square Enix stuff................PAC MAN!?!?!?!?!? Do you want Frogger & Q-Bert alongside him I suppose?
Here is the problem dude. You are arguing about which characters people want, not which characters are most probable. Wanting a character does not guarantee inclusion. A lowly employee at Sony actually said in an interview that Square was very, very hard to negotiate with and... do you see any Square characters at Playstation Allstars?

Sakurai has stated many times how hard it was to get Sonic in, he wasn't even involved in Sonic's moveset and had Sega do it, but he still had to balance it, which makes it harder yet. But here we have an IP which you have to do very minimal negotiations for and you have to do 0 checkups with the company or wait for that company to give you the green light to introduce an specific thing from the IP into your game as that company already knows everything thats happening on your game because they are developing it.

It is not all about popularity, other factors mind. And Pac-Man is just popular and famous enough that his "hassle-free" status catapults him into the realm of possible characters for Smash 4, even puts him at the top of the third party list in my opinion,

It isn't about what people want only, its about whats possible and what is achievable.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I believe the word you are looking for is "rebuttal".

I also don't see your "rebuttal". This, implying you used facts to make a point, instead of opinion.
"rebuttal" was the word I'm looking for. And I'm using facts to back up facts. And by saying that I used facts, are you admitting what I said is TRUE?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
ONE MORE TIME: HE IS NO LONGER FAMOUS! HE IS REMEMBERED, NOT FAMOUS! HE'S DEAD NOW! HE'S AS DEAD AS BANJO

Oh. I didn't know what was going on in here, except for inflammatory, illogical nonsense, but now it's personal. It's. personal.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Look dude. You are the only person who thinks this way.

It you don't think they're famous. PROVE IT!!!

Look here is the definition of "famous." How do those characters not apply?
  1. fa·mous

/ˈfāməs/

Adjective
    Known about by many people.

Synonyms
    renowned - celebrated - noted - well-known - famed

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Here is the problem dude. You are arguing about which characters people want, not which characters are most probable. Wanting a character does not guarantee inclusion. A lowly employee at Sony actually said in an interview that Square was very, very hard to negotiate with and... do you see any Square characters at Playstation Allstars?

Sakurai has stated many times how hard it was to get Sonic in, he wasn't even involved in Sonic's moveset and had Sega do it, but he still had to balance it, which makes it harder yet. But here we have an IP which you have to do very minimal negotiations for and you have to do 0 checkups with the company or wait for that company to give you the green light to introduce an specific thing from the IP into your game as that company already knows everything thats happening on your game because they are developing it.

It is not all about popularity, other factors mind. And Pac-Man is just popular and famous enough that his "hassle-free" status catapults him into the realm of possible characters for Smash 4, even puts him at the top of the third party list in my opinion,

It isn't about what people want only, its about whats possible and what is achievable.
Yes.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
With the invent of phone gaming the original Pac Man games are as popular as ever. Then there's the new games. Then there's the 95% brand awareness in the west equal to Mario. Then there's the SSB NAMCO connection. Then theres his appearance in Mario Kart.

Not guaranteed but he has more going for him than any other 3rd party character. The only character rivalling that is Megaman.

D

Deleted member

I never said they couldn't be added into smash because of size. My point was Ridley was freakin huge and they need to adjust the size.
My first post was just point out the flaws in the olimar argument. Olimar isn't ridiculous for being the size he is in brawl. The reason why he works are the reasons I listed. Pokemon do not work, so the ratios need to be adjusted as it will need to be done with ridley.

I was never arguing its impossible to have ridley be a different size in brawl. I did mean to say, whatever size he is, will be the wrong one (just like the ratio of charizard to pikachu).
With the Ridley point, fair enough.
However, your Olimar point really does not work. Logic dictates otherwise.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
"rebuttal" was the word I'm looking for. And I'm using facts to back up facts. And by saying that I used facts, are you admitting what I said is TRUE?
we havent heard one fact out of u buddy. all you've done is made astounding assumptions based on ur own biases. facts would be some form or proof to back ur claims which you've provided 0. no one thinks what ur saying is true since it's all subjective.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
facts to back up facts? All you've said was the same thing over and over again: "Pac-Man can't get it because he isn't famous anymore" Not only have we proven that false, but that's been you're single point this entire time. :facepalm:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
we havent heard one fact out of u buddy. all you've done is made astounding assumptions based on ur own biases. facts would be some form or proof to back ur claims which you've provided 0. no one thinks what ur saying is true since it's all subjective.
Pretty much this.

Show me proof Pac-Man isn't famous. Show me proof that any of those characters won't get in. Show me PROOF, that your opinion is fact, and then I will agree with you.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Look dude. You are the only person who thinks this way.

It you don't think they're famous. PROVE IT!!!

Look here is the definition of "famous." How do those characters not apply?
  1. fa·mous

/ˈfāməs/
    Adjective
    Known about by many people.

Synonyms
    renowned - celebrated - noted - well-known - famed
Call of Duty is famous, MineCraft is famous, Halo is famous, Darth Vader is famous, Homer Simpson is famous, ADOLF HITLER WAS FAMOUS!

You don't get into super smash bros for being famous.

DISCUSSION ENDED. I DO NOT CONTINUE TROLL DISCUSSIONS. Agree to Disagree

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Call of Duty is famous, MineCraft is famous, Halo is famous, Darth Vader is famous, Homer Simpson is famous, ADOLF HITLER WAS FAMOUS!

So you admitted those characters were famous?

Now I don't think any of them other than Pac-Man may get in, but you were spouting nonsense earlier.

And no one is trolling you. We just think you don''t know what your talking about.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

This is a troll discussion?

If I'm reading that definition correctly, Pac-Man fits the bill. Pretty sure you just proved our argument there.

I will say, that Baby Yoshi is NOT famous :troll:

Not to mention, those examples wouldn't even be eligible for Smash Bros. At all. So that really does nothing for you.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I didn't even know Pac-Man was in Mario Kart. I know nothing is for sure so take my next words lightly, but...

New Challenger Approaching:

Pac-Man

I mean seriosly, he isn't just a shoe-in, he has his whole body inside the room already.

(The above was just my opinion obviously, no facts).

D

Deleted member

I seriously don't want Pac-Man and I really don't think he's going to get in, but even I can't stand to see Noah's argument against him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The meme post is simply an exaggeration.

Y'know what else is an exaggeration? The sheer amount of ridiculous trolling in the thread. The fact that you've managed to get such normally rational people riled up is truly astounding, but I think I've had about enough of it. SWF isn't your every day forum. It's not a place where you can come, drop a bunch of angry, capitilized "facts" (Funny that you mention no one played the Pac-Man Adventure games when Pac-Man Adventure 2 was actually high-selling Gamecube title.

But that's not the point.

You don't come in here, start spouting a bunch of random nonsense that makes very little sense and seperate yourself mentally from everyone in the thread. I've got no time for that, and I'm certainly not the only one.

And then I read this:
Pauletena is MORE LIKELY than Bowser Jr., Chrome, and Takamaru!?!?!?!? She could be in Brawl, but what you just said made no sense.

Someone isn't understanding that Palutena's current character was developed by the guy who's making Smash 4. And that Palutena's character is popular and prominent. She'll be there. It's not really a question of if. Props for the Takamaru support. But enough. These forums are known to not tolerate one-sided flamery, and it really needs to stop.

Y'know what else? Banjo lives on:
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/30/a-hat-in-time-winds-up-on-kickstarter-wakes-memories-of-games-g/

Guh-huh!

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Oh well, time to move on.

I'm sure Noah is a good dude, just got a little ahead of himself before doing the proper research. He will know better for next time.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
We're discussing in here. No one has been bickering.

YOU, however, came in here metaphorically shouting about how Pac-Man isn't famous. Then, we proved you wrong. There was no bickering about it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
WOAH WOAH WOAH.
Don't you dare question Noah! He has "intelligence of how Super Smash Bros works" for gods sake!

Uhm. Yes they add new characters into SSB when the game is a hit and the character is popular.

I can't respond to that without getting a more unreasonable response each time (Also sarcastic or not, that is true.)

REPLYING HAS ENDED.

So... you got credentials or something? Cause almost everyone here disagrees with you.
I'd wait for the Nintendo direct before we continue this "Discussion" (more like flame war)

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
It seems like he's actually gone. Franky, I'm disappointed. I was enjoying myself xD

Edit: I stand corrected, but it seems he still won't act up again. oh well.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i love that every once in awhile someone comes in making huge assumptions, stating that their opinion is truth, and they get shot down by just about everyone lol.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd wait for the Nintendo direct before we continue this "Discussion" (more like flame war)
To be fair, you were essentially the one who started the flame war.
I don't see what the Nintendo Direct will do. If Pac-Man isn't in, and is passed by say Lloyd Irving, that doesn't take anything away from Pac-Man.

It is probably best just to drop it for now.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Actually I don't want Pac-Man, how about you read the whole post before you comment, because your argument actually HELPS me ;). The fact is they don't need to go through all of that for Pac-Man because NAMCO is developing the game, which means that technically Pac-Man counts as a third party without the third party hassle or negotiations (or at least not even close to as much), its a win-win for them.

I seriously don't want Pac-Man.
I'm already done talking about Pac-Man it's clearly not going anywhere. Just watch the Nintendo Direct when it comes out

D

Deleted member

I'm loling at the amount of people in this thread now because of all the activity.
It's a sad day when a moronic troll with no sense of logic and reason is why activity picks up...
And yet....
this is only a taste of what we are to expect once June 11th comes around. o_o May we be granted mercy....
Start preparing the bomb shelters, Scoliosis. We're going to need them.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's a sad day when a moronic troll with no sense of logic and reason is why activity picks up...
And yet....
this is only a taste of what we are to expect once June 11th comes around. o_o May we be granted mercy....
Yea right. Thankfully groups will be back tomorrow right? Like the bomb shelter before the ****storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom