• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I DO NOT CARE IF THIS IS RESOLVED I SPENT TWENTY MINUTES MAKING THIS AND I WIL POST IT.
No point in having Toon Zelda if we have Toon Link, it's excessive. Like having Paper Mario & Paper Luigi.
Are you suggesting that Toon Link and Toon Zelda would have similar movesets? Or are you saying that having two characters with similar art styles in mind a bad idea, because if that is the case we might as well only have once character per franchise.
Because Same applies for having Lucario AND Mewtwo, just get rid of both and have Mewthree from X & Y.
Do Mewtwo and Lucario have similar movesets?
No.
Also Mewthree is Mewtwo, you seem to be uninformed about that.
You have no rep from recent pokemon games and you also dont have chrome.
Chrom is not a given character, just because he's the newer FE Lord doesn't mean he's going to be the character that has to be on the roster.
Pac-Man is DEAD. Nobody plays Pac Man anymore.
Pac-Man is getting a new game AND television series. He is far from dead.
Also who still plays Pac-Man? Anybody with a spare quarter in an arcade.

Pauletena is MORE LIKELY than Bowser Jr., Chrome, and Takamaru!?!?!?!?
I would say more likely than Bowser Jr. and Chrom, yes.
She could be in Brawl, but what you just said made no sense.
wh-what
.Also NOT having Shulk makes it easier to take me more seriously than ANYone who DOES have shulk. That's ONE game that came out RECENTLY, unlike Sonic, Metal Gear, and Final Fantasy, which have been around for ages and have several games. Not having shulk on my roster is more of a compliment to my intelligence of how Super Smash Bros works. You don't get into Smash brothers because your game sells well or JUST because it was playable on a Nintendo console. I'm simply being realistic so dont get mad
PFFFFFHAHAHAHAHAH
>"ONE game that came out RECENTLY"
One game that was demanded to be released worldwide.
By thousands of people.
World.
Wide.
> "compliment to my intelligence of how Super Smash Bros works"
yeah if it was created by microsoft maybe
>"You don't get into Smash brothers because your game sells well or JUST because it was playable on a Nintendo console"
no you get in because people want you in the game due to the fact that your game sold well on a nintendo console
I also have EVERY right to. I'm one of the few people who understands how the process of making a SSB roster ACTUALLY works. So I would know better than you. But, that's not something to get flaming on the internet about. This video may be useful (NO IT'S NOT A TROLL VIDEO!)

(NOT A TROLL VIDEO)

This video did nothing but show us how you think.
FIRST OF ALL: You say Mallo, Dillon, and Layton can't make it in because they're one timers / games have sold well.
Well I'm sorry but that is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The eShop has grown to become something Nintendo is depending more on now, actually creating first party titles that are Downloadable only. Something that really started to happen after Brawl. Don't you think they'd like to represent that in some way, shape, or form? Who can do that the best for them? The Answer is Dillon: A new and fresh IP, brings new type of playstyle into the field, and is a western inspired character; something Smash lacks right now.
You say Layton can't fight. Do you even know who Layton is? He might be a Professor and Archeologist but he knows how to fence and has held out his own against many swordsmen, using a water pipe.

You also said that Snake has had a long history with Nintendo.
...You mean the one or two games he actually appeared on Nintendo Consoles?

SECOND OF ALL: Excitebiker and Mach Rider can both work. Mach Rider doesn't need a bike like Captain Falcon doesn't need his racer. He can do things that emulate it but he doesn't need it. Excitebiker is more of a special case but he was considered at one point.

THIRD OF ALL: "Roy was different enough", totally I mean fire versions of the same attacks make him different enough.
Dark Pit can use so many different weapons that were introduced from Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Claus has an Arm Cannon, a Jetpack, and a Sword. He is already vastly different from any other possible MOTHER / Earthbound characters.
I don't know much about Dark Samus, but I'm sure that it can be unique from Samus.

FOURTH OF ALL: Opinionated statment.

COMMENT ON MUDDY MOLE: Do you even research things.
do some research before you start critiquing rosters

ON PORKY: you literally see a litteral clone of ness to be more unique than somebody using a mech
what

PAC-MAN: Pac-Man is not dead, like I said before. Pac-Man has adventure games and can build a moveset from there. Pac-Man is actually one of the few franchises to have crossovered with Mario, meaning it would make sense and it is very possible that we can see him in smash bros.
a ton =/= one

RIDLEY: define awkward, because the fact that you think E. Gadd and Mr. L are popular is too awkward to think about as it.

THE VERDICT:​
You don't know what you're talking about.​

D

Deleted member

I think I know who he is actually.....he's not going to redeem himself. He's a guy from YouTube named XxSilverSaturnX. I can tell you from what I've seen from him that he won't be redeemable.
And after I came into this thread, I saw Noah throw a massive fit over Pac-Man. If Noah sticks around and Pac-Man gets confirmed at E3, I am staying far away from this forum until Noah's whining stops.

Really should have taken your word more seriously.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah... That pic kinda confirmed that he was a troll....

Scoliosus. Golden. Mind if I join you in the bunker?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When they are up, you may join.
But as it is, you and your nose won't fit. :troll:

I find that offensive.

Who is this Scoliosus you speak of?:troll:

I'm sure Golden wouldn't mind. Right Golden?
Oh! He's a cool guy fights androids and doesn't afraind of anyting! :troll:

But in an effort to get this thread on topic. Do you think that Little Mac's and Ridley's lack of eastern popularity hurts their chances? If so...how much?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I surely hope not with Ridley. Otherwise...several of Sakurai's nearby villages will likely get ***** and pillaged by many fans who are butthurt over it :troll:.

I should probably head off to bed. It's like 2:15 where I am. Da fuq am I still awake for?

D

Deleted member

Swampasaur said:
But in an effort to get this thread on topic. Do you think that Little Mac's and Ridley's lack of eastern popularity hurts their chances? If so...how much?
To an extent it does in that it keeps them from being a shoe-in, but it's likely that Sakurai will focus more on the West in regards to characters since demands for characters in Japan are much less common, so they still are highly likely to be added.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Probably. But I don't think it substantially hurts their chances.

Logically, If they're more likely with eastern support then they're less likely without it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Okay new post:

You are all getting ticked off over a video game character roster and a guy's opinion on it. LET IT GO! This is a DISCUSSION BOARD, not a Bickering Board. I have not read even half of the replies I haveI will not reply to any more of this current topic as the replies are numerous and constant. Thus anybody who continues this argument will go unreplied to. So SIT DOWN, CALM DOWN, AND MOVE ON! I will post MY ROSTER NOW! If you have Opinions SHARE IT, If you have CONSTRUCTIVE AND POLITE criticism SHARE IT, Suggestions, questions, etc. SHARE IT. I will reasonably state whether I think a character should be in it or yours and why and I will not continue the topic very long after I have done so. SO WE CAN ALL FORGET ABOUT IT! MOVE ON! START OVER! ENJOY THE SITE! GET OVER IT! STARTING ..............................NOW!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay new post:

You are all getting ticked off over a video game character roster and a guy's opinion on it. LET IT GO! This is a DISCUSSION BOARD, not Trolling.com I will not reply to any more of this current topic as the replies are numerous and constant. Thus anybody who continues this arguement will go unreplied to
We're discussing Ridley and Little Mac now.

D

Deleted member

Scoliosis Jones said:
To be fair, you were essentially the one who started the flame war.
I don't see what the Nintendo Direct will do. If Pac-Man isn't in, and is passed by say Lloyd Irving, that doesn't take anything away from Pac-Man.

It is probably best just to drop it for now.
Not that I agree with Noah on his rambling against Pac-Man, but I do feel as when it comes to third-parties (except arguably Mega Man) that the trailer is either show up or die for them and I definitely don't see more than one Namco rep. So if Lloyd Irving were to be confirmed at E3, then it's safe to say that Pac-Man is out and vice versa.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Okay new post:

You are all getting ticked off over a video game character roster and a guy's opinion on it. LET IT GO! This is a DISCUSSION BOARD, not Trolling.com I will not reply to any more of this current topic as the replies are numerous and constant. Thus anybody who continues this arguement will go unreplied to
hey you
the only thing I just need to tell you is for you to actually research before you make any comments on any character

that is all

D

Deleted member

Yea mine loaded after yours lol. I felt like an idiot after I saw that :facepalm:.

EDIT: Feel free to insult me with an honorary "YOU'RE TOO SLOW" video.
Only because you said so:

Anyways, Swampy, I don't think their lack of Eastern popularity will stop them.
We don't know what the "lack" means. For all we know, it could mean is that they simply aren't as popular as characters like Black Shadow or Waddle Dee (Bandana) there, but still have a degree of popularity in comparison to someone like Jimmy P. from WarioWare (and no, I don't mean Jimmy T.).
Though as Chrono pointed out, their popularity outside Japan is notable within Japan's fanbase.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not that I agree with Noah on his rambling against Pac-Man, but I do feel as when it comes to third-parties (except arguably Mega Man) that the trailer is either show up or die for them and I definitely don't see more than one Namco rep. So if Lloyd Irving were to be confirmed at E3, then it's safe to say that Pac-Man is out and vice versa.
Agreed. I'd say same thing that happened with Brawl. One confirmed at first, and one later, which if a Namco rep is revealed first, Mega Man will be later.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We're discussing Ridley and Little Mac now.

I'll discuss Little Mac. And my discussion is YES!!

Mac's da best. One of my top four, and I'm really, really hoping I'm not wrong about my top four. (If you know me, you can guess 'em. Y'all should totally try it.)

Well if the groups don't come back, then I suppose that would leave us to make do with PM'ing with more than one other user.

That's basically a group. Sorta kinda. So it works! :cool:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't know what's going on in this thread but it sure is funny as hell. :joyful:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't know what's going on in this thread but it sure is funny as hell. :joyful:
Hilariously ridiculous yes!

hey you
the only thing I just need to tell you is for you to actually research before you make any comments on any character

that is all
Muddy Mole does not need to be researched to claim he won't be available now move on to a different topic

My concern of Little Mac is he's a boxer. So wouldn't all his moves require is fists. What will nintendo decide for his downward arieal attack?

D

Deleted member

Muddy Mole does not need to be researched to claim he won't be available now move on to a different topic
Says the one who has Erika, Karis, and Ninten on his roster.
Even worse in that the former two are clones of someone else, while the obvious Ness clone Ninten is somehow completely different.

Can't wait to see my characters in Nintendo Direct.
Then you'll be waiting a loooooooooooooong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom